Midnight Shades

By zeebooks

Behind an old tree she would sit and stare at him, admire his beauty and charm, hidden by the darkness of the... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
A Message.
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Surprise (1)
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Q&A?
Chapter 48
Q&A Answers!
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Surprise (2)
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Surprise (3)
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Epilogue
Thank You.
Winners and New Book.
Another Q&A?
Q&A Answers.
Bonus Chapter: Family
What Do You Think?

Chapter 30

1K 58 17
By zeebooks

"Take off your jacket and shirt and sit down on the chair." Master Effie instructs me as she stands up and walks over to the small table beside the chair.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I stand up and do as she said. Once I'm in my bra, I take a deep breath and sit down on the chair, turning my head to the side to see what Master Effie is doing. I see her putting a dark green liquid in a needle, adjusting it before she places it back on the table and takes a wet tissue to clean a razor.

I narrow my eyes at the razor, slightly confused at why is she cleaning it. Fuck, is she going to use it on me? I certainly hope not. Master Effie places the razor on another tissue before she takes the needle and walks over to me.

"Lean back for now, we need to inject you with this." She says, placing her hand on my head and forcing me to tilt it.

"Is it going to hurt?" I ask, slightly nervous due to the fact that I have never tried needles before – well, if you don't count the tattoo machine.

"You'll barely feel it." She quietly murmurs as I close my eyes and she gently pushes it inside my neck. I hiss slightly as soon as it connects with my skin. It's true, I can barely feel it, and it's just like a pinprick.

"This will numb the pain." Master Effie says as soon as she pulls the needle out.

"What pain?" I nervously ask, feeling myself getting a little bit dizzy.

"Just lean forward till your chest touches your knees." She ignores my question as she says so. Huffing, I lean forward and do as she told me.

From the corner of my eyes, I see her dipping the tips of her fingers in a sticky white substance. "What is that?" I ask, referring to the white substance thing.

"It will just show me where to cut." She answers before walking over to me. My eyes widen at her words. What the fuck is she going to cut? It better not be my skin.

Holy fuck.

"Are you seriously going to cut my back?" I ask frantically, my voice rising a bit from the panic inside me. Why didn't anyone mention that before?

"Relax," she orders sternly. "I didn't know you'd be the tattoo kind of girl."

I'm just about to ask her what the hell is she talking about, before I remember the tattoo on my back that Louis gave me. Ironic how I wanted it on my back so that no one would see it. Sighing, I choose not to reply back, simply because I can't find anything to say.

"Can you feel anything?" she asks.

"No." I furrow my eyebrows, did she start working already?

"Good. I'm already cutting it." She informs me and I sigh in relief. Thank Lyara that I can't feel it. "Tell me though, where did you get your tattoo? Thomas is not that good."

She is a sneaky one.

"A friend of mine got it for me." I reply shortly, not wanting to say anything else.

"Oh," she replies. "Does he work with Thomas? I mean, it's the only tattoo parlour here, and last time I checked there was no one working with Thomas." She says innocently.

She is a one sneaky woman, I swear.

"I didn't get it here." I reply, cutting the shit because she obviously would catch on my lie if I lied.

"The city, then?" She questions, and when I keep my silence she adds, "I thought so, too."

The light chuckle that comes out of her mouth is poisonous and holds no emotions at all. Cold air hits my back when Master Effie finishes and I flinch, getting ready to sit back straighter before she stops me.

"Do not move," She glares at me. "I'm still not finished."

Retrieving back, I sigh and watch her as she cleans her hand before taking a small black bowl and walking over to me, again.

"What is that?" I ask. I know I'm probably annoying her with my questions, but I want to know what the fuck she is doing to my body.

"Shut up." She snaps.

Stubbornly, I say, "I want to know what you are doing."

With a huff from her, she says, "It's to stop the blood and mend your flesh, and also to keep it there."

"Keep what? The lines?"

"Well, you won't want to cut your damn skin every time you break free, now will you?" She snaps angrily, and I take that as my sign to shut up.

As she applies it on my back, I flinch slightly because of its burn, though it immediately disappears. After a couple of minutes, Master Effie returns back to the table and wipes her hands again before pulling another needle and walking towards me yet again.

Without any warning, she pushes the needle inside my back, making me wince and scowl at her from over my shoulder. What have I done to her?

"Stand up." She orders and I do that.

Just as I'm about to ask her what has she done, I feel something burning in my chest and paining me greatly, almost as if someone is pushing knives in my chest. The air is knocked out of me as I choke down on basically nothing, feeling a lump in my throat rising and so is the feeling of wanting to throw up.

I feel my legs weakening beneath me as I jolt forward and place my hands on the chair to hold myself up. Second by second, I feel the pain decreasing and air running to my lungs, but that is only before a great burn in my back appears, making me literally scream as my hands tightens its grip on the chair arms.

The feeling of tearing something up is exactly what I'm feeling right now. Like something is ripping my skin and pulling it forcefully. Again, the air disappears from my lungs as my eyes water and tears start falling.

This is a physical and mental pain. No, not pain, torture, this is a complete torture. A sob manages its way through my lips as my vision blurs, though thankfully, the pain decreases again and I can breathe freshly, again.

My heart beats slowly slow down and I take in a deep, whizzing and shaky breath. As my hands start to shake uncontrollably, my legs give up on me and I fall the ground, breathing hard and deep.

After I manage to calm myself, I open my eyes to see a shocked Master Effie, her hands covering her opened mouth as she stares at me speechlessly. Just as I'm about to question her attitude, a great and wide shadow on the floor catches my eyes.

My mouth opens slightly in shock as I keep staring at the shadow of the wings on the floor. My heart quickens yet again as my hands continue shaking. Why is it so big?

"Tallulah, they're..." Master Effie whispers, finally recovering from her shock. "Just like mine."

She whispers the last part so quietly, so fucking quietly that I barely hear it, and I get the feeling that she was saying that to herself and that I wasn't supposed to hear it.

"Yours?" I question nevertheless.

She blinks rapidly before she connects our gaze. With a sweet smile, she says, "they look beautiful, Tallulah. Do you want to see them?"

I look between her eyes, feeling lost, confused yet great and fresh. Giving her a slight nod, she helps me to get up and that is only when I feel like I'm carrying ten people on my back. Master Effie presses down on some keys on her laptop before a big mirror appears on the wall that is facing the chair.

I keep my gaze on Master Effie until the mirror is there completely, and then I look at myself in the mirror and immediately gasp.

There I stand, looking like absolutely nothing next to two big, pale yellow and almost white wings. Their beauty is astonishing and mesmerising and it's making me speechless in every way possible. Everything is locked out of my mind as I focus on nothing and think about nothing but these beautiful wings on my back.

I never understood why we; women, have wings and powers while our men enjoyed the luxury of powers only. It's not like we can fly with those wings, they are almost useless, at least to me – since that my mother refused to tell me their purpose when I asked her.

It's quite funny how humans think that sorcerers are just a myth or something that they made just for their fun when in reality, we live between them, though I think that some humans actually believe in us.

I won't call ourselves sorcerers literally – because in a way, we're quite different from those that people see on TV – I mean, we have wings for Lyara's sake, who would guess that?

As I stare at these wings in the mirror, I slowly smile to myself at their beauty. How can something so terrifying and big be absolutely astonishing and breath-taking like that? How is it that I have always hated who I am, but now I'm starting to think it over?

"How do you feel?" Master Effie's question breaks me from my little bubble.

"I..." I trail off, not knowing what to say. "I don't know."

"How so?"

"Why is mine much bigger?" I ask, looking at her reflection in the mirror. "Esme and Wren have smaller ones, and so does my mother."

"You're different, Tallulah," she replies casually, shrugging her shoulders slightly as she smiles at me. "You can't question the differences between you and the other girls."

I keep quiet for a minute, staring at an empty place in the mirror as I go over my thoughts. "I'm scared." I slightly whisper, reconnecting my gaze with Master Effie.

"Of what?" She softly smiles, making me question her current behaviour. One minute she is snapping at me and the other she is being soft.

I scratch my hand nervously before replying, "Of everything."

I watch as she takes a deep breath and runs a hand through her hair before she says, "I'm going to tell you something, Tallulah, something that a few people only know here."

"Okay." I say quietly, nodding as I wait for her to say whatever she wants to say.

"I was—" much to my misfortune, a knock on the door interrupts her and she sighs before opening it.

I awkwardly stay in my place, not knowing how to put the wings back or what to do. My breath hitches in my throat when I see Sir Artair stepping in, an unreadable look on his face as he racks his eyes over my wings. The beats of my heart quickens in fear that he might say something to Master Effie, but then I remember that he can't really say anything, too.

With a sigh, Master Effie closes the door and sits next to Sir Artair – where I was sitting with Beathen – before looking at me. Nervously, I cover my bare torso with my hands before shifting awkwardly from foot to foot.

"Uh... Master?" I start, wanting to put on my clothes and leave this damn room.

Sir Artair rubs his hands over his face before he turns to Master Effie and whispers, "Did you tell her?"

I furrow my eyebrows and concentrate because I guess that I'm not supposed to hear this. With a scowl on her face, Master Effie says in a hushed tone, "I was about to when you fucking interrupted me."

"Well, tell her later because the other group is waiting and we're already late." He tells her before standing up and leaving the room without giving me as much as a glance.

Master Effie sighs and stands up. "Okay, I'm going to teach you how to hide them again quickly and then we'll complete it later, yeah?"

"What were you going to tell me?" I ask instead, searching her eyes.

"I can't now because it's a long talk, so later." She informs me.

"Is it something too important?" I question.

"It doesn't concern you, so don't worry yourself." She says as she stands next to me. "It's really simple to hide your wings. Can you touch the lines on your back with your hands?"

I shrug before trying it and succeeding. Upon seeing that, Master Effie says, "Good. Now, so softly and gently, I want you to run your fingers along the two lines on your back, okay?"

"Okay." I respond, nodding before she gestures me to do it now.

I don't struggle as I reach the start of the lines. Carefully, I run my fingers on the lines to the end, watching in amazement as the wings shrink slightly before they slowly disappear, and even though I feel the slight burn in my back again, it is bearable.

"Good job." Master Effie smirks before clasps my bra and hands me my shirt and jacket.

After putting them on, she says, "We'll continue this next Saturday, and it's really important that you come. So don't skip another day of training, alright?"

"Alright." I nod.

"Good. Now, off you go. I will see you next time." She says, smiling before I get out of the room.

As I walk down the stairs, I begin to think about what just happened and how ridiculous and surreal it was. Day by day, I find out more things that confuse me and complicate my life much further, things that I'm not sure if I like or not, things that I don't know if I should accept them or not.

Loud chatting and laughter fills the living room as I enter it and spot Donella and Beathen before walking over to them. I really hate to cling onto someone, but since that I really don't know anyone here but them, I have no other option.

"Ah, Tallulah!" Donella screams as she engulfs me in a hug.

Awkwardly, I hug her back slightly before patting her back. "She's been drinking." Beathen says, rolling his eyes.

"We're allowed to drink here?" I ask in disbelief.

"We're allowed to do anything when we're not busy." Beathen smirks. "C'mon, let me introduce you since you haven't got the chance to."

I smile at his kindness before I follow him to the billiard table – where a group of girls and guys are hanging out. Throwing his arm over my shoulder, Beathen says loudly, "Guys, this is Tallulah."

After knowing everyone's name, we all play a little game of billiard – which I suck at – and some of them have a few drinks, but thankfully I don't. We're all laughter and games before Sir Artair interrupts that by saying shortly, "day's over."

In a mere of a minute, the house is empty of all of us as we are eager to leave this place – me mostly. I wait for Esme and Wren next to the gate of the Sector, and smile even wider when I see Niall and Harry coming with them.

"Congratulations, dumb ass." I grin up at Harry once they approach me and we start walking away from the Sector.

"You're going to have to show me some respect from now on." He playfully says, giving me a smirk.

"Oh, shut up." I roll my eyes at him before Esme pulls me a little away from them.

"How was your day? Did anyone annoy you or something?" She asks quietly and I shake my head.

"No, they were nice, and I actually did this... break free thing." I say, scrunching my nose up. "Though I still don't know how to do it on my own."

"Why? We learned that in the first day." She furrows her eyebrows as she asks.

"It was too late and it was the other group's turn." I shrug, remembering sir Artair's words.

"Oh." She nods before grinning. "So, how big is yours and what colour are they?"

I laugh lightly at her eagerness before saying, "well, they're a really pale yellow colour, and they're massive."

"How massive?" She grins, linking her arm with mine.

"Like, really massive, five times bigger than yours." I say, watching as she gasps.

"No way!" She laughs lightly. "I mean, I knew they would be bigger – my father told me – but not that much bigger."

"You have to see it." I laugh before saying. "Did you talk to your father about it?

"Not about you, but I asked him in general." She shrugs, making me sigh in relief.

I bite down on my lip before asking, "What did he say?"

"Well," she sighs. "He said that it was kind of—"

"Tallulah, Esme! Come here!" Niall's loud voice interrupts our conversation and I mentally groan. Why is everyone interrupting the important stuff today?

Esme squeezes my arm before promising, "Later."

With a sigh, we catch up with Niall, Harry and Wren as they chat about their day and their plans for tonight, though I keep quiet, not really wanting to hangout tonight or even go to the city. Okay, I do want to go to the city, but not tonight. I'm extremely tired and I need some good hours of sleep.

We chat and hangout for an hour more before I excuse myself and head towards my home, feeling absolutely exhausted and drained. The smell of freshly, home cooked lasagne hits my nostrils as soon as I open the door and I immediately grin.

Mother is by the stove, and my father is making salad while Cronan is enjoying his sleep on the counter with his mouth wide open.

"Hi." I announce my arrival, kissing my father's cheek and giving my mother a side hug.

"How are you?" Father asks and I sigh as I take a seat on the chair next to the counter.

"Exhausted." I answer him and he smiles sympathetically at me.

"You must be hungry." He says.

"Terribly." I nod eagerly.

"How was your day today?" My mother asks, distributing the lasagne between four plates.

"Good," I shrug, pulling my plate and already digging in. "I did this break free thing." I say with my mouth full.

"You did?" She smiles proudly and I nod.

"You have to show us." My father says, grinning at me.

"I still haven't learned how to do it on my own, though. We ran out of time." I explain and they nod. "However, it was fucking painful."

"It won't be like that later," my mother assures me. "And watch your tongue."

Shrugging, I shake Cronan's shoulder to wake him up but he doesn't budge. So I sigh and take it upon myself to walk over to him and put my lips next to his ear.

Humming a soft song to his ear, I slam my hands against the counter next to his head before I scream, "wake up, Cronan!"

He immediately jolts up before a hand of his slaps me across my face. Dropping my jaw in shock, I say, "you slapped me..."

"How can you wake someone like that?" He scolds me like a little child. "I could have had a heart attack."

Rubbing my cheek, I sit down on my chair and say, "don't make a big fuss out of it."

"You're the most amateur mature person I have ever met." He huffs as he starts eating.

"Father, he called me amateur!" I complain, sounding absolutely childish but wanting nothing but to bug Cronan.

"Don't start what you can't finish." My father says as he raises his hands up in defence.

I move my fork between my father and brother before saying, "you two love ganging up on me, don't you?"

And that's how the rest of the dinner goes by; me, Cronan and my father bantering and messing around with each other, while my mother tries and fails to shut us up. Later tonight, when it hits nine PM, I decide to take a shower before I call it a night off.

The hot water does wonders to my body and I feel freshly relaxed after the shower. I brush my hair and put on my pyjamas before climbing under the thick duvet of my bed. Two hours into sleep, I wake up when the annoying sound of my phone disturbs me and I sleepily search for it and answer.

"Hello?" I sleepily say, my voice coming out thick and unclear.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. Did I wake you up?" The apologetic tone of Louis' voice makes me sit up straighter immediately.

"Louis?" I say stupidly, clearing my throat after it.

"Yeah, I'm so sorry for waking you up, baby," he sighs. "I thought you were awake."

"It's okay," I brush him off. "I was just a little bit tired."

"Busy day?" He asks.

"You have no idea." I sigh, wiping my eye.

"Well, I'll let you go back to sleep now." He says.

"No, it's okay. I'm awake now." I say, not really wanting to hang up just yet.

"Are you sure? I can call you in the morning instead." He sighs and I shake my head.

"I'm sure. How was your day?" I question.

"It was good." He replies. "You're not coming tonight?" His tone is a bit disappointed when he asks me.

"I can't, I'm exhausted." I say apologetically.

"I was waiting for you, but it's okay." He speaks, sounding actually genuine.

"I'm sorry," I sigh, running a hand through my hair. "I will come next Monday, yeah?"

"That's five days away." He points out, sighing after it.

"I know, I'm sorry. I'm just really busy and there's a lot of work that needs to be done." I sigh. I literally cannot go to the city, I have shit loads of work that I did neglect at the Green Land, and I need to sort my clothes and stuff and call Peter to let him know that I will be staying with him from Tuesday to Saturday. "I'm so sorry, Louis."

"It's alright, but we are taking the night to my place." He says and I can literally feel him smiling.

"Even better." I reply, grinning before a yawn escapes my mouth accidentally.

"I will call you in the morning, baby." He says. "Go get some sleep."

"I think I will." I give up, sounding and feeling really tired.

"Good night." He says quietly.

"Good night, Louis." I mumble before we both hang up.

And with a heart full of love and a smile on my face, I sleep until the next morning without any interruptions.

There is nothing better than waking up to the start of the holiday. It's a quiet and warm morning when I wake up and smile before getting up. Breakfast with the family goes blissful and later I'm getting dressed to meet everyone at the Park area.

They are laughing and chatting when I arrive, though what really catches my eyes is when Niall kisses Darcy lightly and she grins up at him. Furrowing my eyebrows, I point a finger at them before asking, "Are you two a couple now?"

"For two days, yes." Niall answers and wiggles his eyebrows at me.

"And they can't keep their hands to themselves already." Zayn says, shuddering as he throws them a nasty look.

"So, first Wren and Harry are engaged, and then Darcy and Niall are dating?" I question and they nod. "How are your parents taking that, Wren?"

"They are still recovering." She shrugs casually before leaning into Harry

Shaking my head at them, I sit down next to Zayn and only then do I remember what Esme said. I bite down on my lip in nervousness before spilling it out. "Zayn?"

"Mmhmm?" He says, shoving some chips inside his mouth.

"About Esme..." I start, thanking Lyara when he cuts me off.

"Fuck, please tell me that you forgot!" He pleads with wide opened eyes.

"Why?" I laugh slightly.

"It's just... I met someone else." He whispers the last part as if it's a secret.

"Seriously?" I ask and he nods. "Who?"

"She's my sister's friend," he shrugs.

"Well, good. Esme said that you are just a... friend." I say, holding back a laugh.

"Her fucking loss." He snorts.

Hitting his shoulder playfully, I say, "She's just... meeting someone else."

"Yeah, whatever." He rolls his eyes and I laugh lowly.

A sudden thought pops inside my mind and since that Wren is busy sucking Harry's face off, I head to Esme and sit next to her.

"Hey, you never told me about your powers." I say, grinning from the excitement.

"Oh, about that," she grimaces slightly. "I'm sorry but we really didn't want to tell you because we thought you might get sad."

I roll my eyes. "You guys are ridiculous. Tell me."

"Well," she grins. "I can play with other's minds."

"How the fuck do you do that?" I ask, giving her a shocked look.

"I'm still training on that one," she grins, wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"You like that, don't you?" I say, grinning, too.

She nods as an answer before saying, "Maybe I will change Boyd's mind so that he mans the fuck up and asks me out on a date."

"You wouldn't do that." I pump my shoulder into hers, laughing lightly.

"Of course not." She sighs sadly.

"What about Wren?" I ask, changing the subject.

"That lucky bitch can change her looks." Esme says, huffing as she rolls her eyes.

"What?" My jaw drops.

"Mmhmm," she nods. "Once she touches something, she changes into it – only if she wants to." She explains.

"Anything?"

"Even if it's shit." Esme smirks and I give her a disgusted face.

"Wow," I blink. "It's quite strange that you two can do that shit."

"It's strange to have a best friend who doesn't have any powers." Esme laughs but I don't. Once she realises what she said, she immediately stops laughing before saying, "Shit, I'm so fucking sorry, you know I didn't mean it that way, I was—"

"It's fine, Esme, chill out." I laugh. I'm not offended by her words actually; it doesn't bother me that I don't have any powers.

"I'm sorry," she sighs and I roll my eyes. "Are you going to the city tonight?"

"No," I shake my head. "Are you?"

"No, going to Boyd's." She says, playing with her hands nervously.

"Are you guys like, fuck buddies?" I ask, raising an eyebrow at her.

"You can say that," she nods, releasing a sigh from her frustration. "I don't know actually, it's quite complicated."

"Why?" I carefully ask.

"Because when we're not fucking, he's all cuddly and sweet and caring, just like a boyfriend, you know?" She rolls her eyes.

"Fighting his feelings, huh?"

"Yeah," she mumbles. "It's going to be a long process."

"It will be worth it." I reply quietly.

"I hope so."

Two days later, I'm sitting on my bed next to my mother with my phone in my hands, feeling my nerves all over the place and my heart exploding each minute.

I bite down on my lip as I say, "What if he said no?"

"He will never say that, you know that." She rolls her eyes and I sigh.

"Well, why don't you call and tell him?" I whine, pouting slightly.

"I cannot do that, honey. I can't bring myself to do it." She smiles as she strokes my hair gently. I know that she is right and I know that she can't emotionally do it, so I take a deep breath and press on his number.

"I'm going to call him." I say, pressing on the green button.

"Do you want me to leave?" She asks but I shake my head.

"No, stay here." I almost order her as I put the phone to my ear.

After four long and tortuous rings, Peter picks up. "Tallulah?"

"Hi, Peter... Dad—father... fuck, shit." I breathe out, making Peter and my mother laugh quietly. "Sorry, hi."

"How are you, darling?" He asks, avoiding my stupidity – thankfully.

"I'm good. How are you?" I ask, biting down on my lip as I see my mother turning her head to other side.

"I'm fine. I was going to call you actually." He admits.

"Really?" I ask and he replies with a quiet 'yeah'. "I... I wanted to uh... tell you something actually."

"What is it, dear?" He asks and I watch as my mother wipes away her eyes before turning around to face me again.

Immediately, I grab her hand and squeeze it before I stand up and walk out of the room – thanking Lyara that my father and Cronan are out for some football like they always do. I know I shouldn't have let my mother stay while me and Peter talk, but I'm so selfish and nervous to even think about that.

"Remember when we... uh were talking about staying together?" I ask nervously. "To get to know each other and all that?"

"Yes," he breathes out. "I remember, darling."

"So, I was wondering if... I can you know, can come and stay with you for a few days because—" I try to talk it out but thankfully, he cuts me off.

"Yes, oh my God, darling. Of course you can," he says and I let out a sigh of relief. "When are you coming? Tomorrow? I'll be waiting for you, okay?"

I chuckle lightly. "No, no. I'll come on Tuesday, if that's okay?"

"Yes, honey. Take your time, I'll be waiting." He says excitedly and just as I'm about to ask him about his family, he softly adds, "We'll all be waiting."

My heart skips a beat. "Do they know?"

"Of course." He answers, and I shockingly don't let that cloud my mind and instead, I feel the relief running through my body.

"Okay." I reply softly before we hang up and I walk back to my room where my mother is. Her eyes shoot up when I re-enter the room and she immediately stands up.

"What did he say?" She asks, searching between my eyes.

"What do you think?" I bite down on my lip to stop the grin but fail.

She laughs before hugging me to her body. "I'm so happy for you, darling. I love you so much."

"I love you, too." I mumble into her neck as I hug her tighter.

"So, you're leaving on Tuesday, right?" She asks once I pull away.

"No actually..." I trail off, suddenly nervous again. "I will leave on Monday."

"Why?" she furrows her eyebrows as she asks.

"I will stay with Louis." I whisper, looking at her.

"Oh," she nods slowly. "Oh, at... at his place?"

"Yeah." I give her a slight shrug.

"Well, I'm okay with it, but you have to understand something, Tallulah." She tells me sternly.

"What?"

"You two have to be safe, do you hear me? Extremely safe in whatever—"

As soon as I realise what she is hinting at, my eyes open wide in horror before I place both of my hands on her mouth to silence her from embarrassing me.

"Shit, mother," I say quietly. "We aren't... Holy fuck, we're not having sex." I laugh.

Relief courses through her body and I notice that her stiff body relaxes immediately. "I was so worried."

I roll my eyes but laugh after. "I can't believe you suggested that."

My father has arranged everything for me, so when I stand behind Alfredo on Monday morning, I feel quite weird that I don't have to worry about anything, but I feel comfortable nevertheless.

I grin as I push the door of the parlour open and see Liam sitting. "Hi," I greet him.

"Oh hi, Tallulah." He grins. "Louis is in his room."

"Thank you." I chuckle lightly before heading towards Louis' room.

With two knocks on his door, he calls out, "Come in!"

I push the door open slowly and catch Louis painting something on the wall. He turns around and immediately grins when he sees me as I try not to laugh at his look. Louis is covered in splashes of paint from head to toe in his jean shorts with a white tee shirt and a messy hair.

"Hi." He laughs lightly.

I shake my head at him before I literally run towards him and engulf him in a big hug, not giving a slightest shit about the fact that he is covered in paint. He seems startled at first but he quickly recovers and hugs me just as tight.

"I have missed you so fucking much." He breathes into my neck before placing a kiss there.

"I have missed you, too." I say, pulling away just enough to lock my lips on him.

But a small peck is never enough, right?

Hope you enjoyed it. Thank you for reading and please, don't forget to vote and comment :) x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

322K 17.5K 43
[wattys shortlist 2018] Colton has always hated Alexis. It's as simple as that. Alexis has never hated Colton though, not even after the night havo...
304K 7.9K 31
I've liked this boy since fifth grade. But he's my brothers friend. His best friend.
260K 7.2K 24
Isabelle Emerson's life is a bit of a disaster really, (and that's putting it lightly!) Her journalism career is going nowhere, she has just lost a j...
1.1M 49.2K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC