Hold Me (Twilight/ Interracia...

By nadirahbrown

Lorelei and Armani Johnson are fraternal twins and they are known as the "Criminal Siblings." Armani's nickna... More

New Books!!
Prologue
The Cullens

Washington

423 22 5
By nadirahbrown

Chapter |: Washington

This is about the fifth time I asked A. J. where we were. But, this time he actually gave me a straight forward answer.

"We're in Washington."

I nodded my head and leaned back before sitting up quickly. "Washington? That's like right down the street from the city, you fool!" I went to go slap the back of his head, like I normally do when he does something so idiotic, but he pushed me away without even looking my direction.

He shook his head. "Not DC, L. J. We're in Olympia, Washington."

My eyes instantly scanned the scenery outside the window. It indeed looked like the same state of Washington I remembered when I saw this old TV show called, Washing Downtown. But, this is more realistic and vibrant. The window was fogged up, so you know that the weather is bad here.

I scoffed with a little chuckled. "We sure are far away from the city."

A. J. nodded with a small laugh. "Yeah, I know."

I turned on the radio and frowned. All this hill Billy shit. I turned the stations and still nothing's good on so I left it off. We continued to drive for an hour or two before coming to a stop when we pulled up at this medium sized, blue house. I glanced at A. J. mentally asking, 'How the hell did you get this house so quick and we just left?'

"A friend of mine let me borrow it. He's on a business trip and won't be back in a few weeks."

"What business trip is he on? I need his job." I muttered, jokingly. "So, it's already furnitured and everything, right?"

"Oh, yeah. Televisions, computers, internet, about five bedrooms, a huge kitchen, a decent sized living room. The list goes on."

I was about to rush out the car but stopped myself. "How do you know what's in here?"

"You ask a lot of questions." I gave him a pointed look. "Okay, remember when I told you that I was going to Vegas that week for Roman's bachelor party?" I nodded. "Yeah, well, we came here to see my boy, Jesse. We stayed there for that night and then we flew out to Vegas the next day."

I hummed. "Come on. You got the key?"

"Nah, I think we going to have to wait for Jess to get back." He said, sarcastically. "The key is under the mat over there in front of the door."

"Okay." I opened the door quickly. "Get all the bags out."

"Alright." He paused. "Aye!"

I hopped out of the car and shut the door before he could continue then walked to the front of the door. I lifted the mat up and the small gold key rested there. Picking it up, I unlocked the door and walked in Heaven itself, well maybe not that good. That house was medium size outside but inside it's huge and nice.

I went up the stairs, looking at the pictures hanging on the wall. I kept seeing the same guy in each of the. So, my guess is that's Jesse. He sure is a fine man. His skin's tannish. His eyes are a light shade of sky blue and he surely has great taste in style, considering this house and his clothing in the pictures.

I continued going up until I saw the first door. I opened it and it was empty, well not empty empty, but it barely had a lot in there. It had a bed, two dressers, and a television. I opened the closet door and it was empty. Guess that'll be A. J's room.

I left out that room and shut the door after me. I went to the next room and opened the door. Now, this is a room for me. Royal Blue colored walls, a large bed set, two dressers, vanity mirror, etc. I opened the closet and there was nothing in it. Yeah, this is definitely my room.

I closed this door back and went to the next door, which is all the way at the end of the hall. I went to go open it but it was locked. Backing away from the door, I made my way downstairs. Jesse probably don't want anyone in that room. That must be his room.

I got down just in time to see A. J. bringing the last few bags in and slamming the door closed.
"Thanks for the help." He glared at me.

I smiled and waved him off. "Oh, no problem. Anytime. I love helping out the needy." I watched as he dropped my Versace bag on the floor. "Whoa. Whoa. Whoa, that's my Versace bag. You can't just dropped it. You have to put it down with care. That bag almost cost us our house. It was the last on stock."

He shrugged and walked over it, while grabbing his belongings. "Glad you explore the house. Still, you could've came out and helped since it was your stuff too."

"Oh, stop being such a baby. My things couldn't have weighed more than twenty pounds together."

He gave me an 'Are - you - serious' face. "You packed your whole life in those bags."

"Whatever. I'm about to take a shower then I want to explore the town of- What's it called again?"

"Forks."

"Yeah, I want to explore Forks."

"Then, I'll come too."

I shook my head. "No, you don't have to. Stay here and watch TV. Catch up on life. Get on the internet. Surf the web-" I stopped myself from talking nonsense. "Where's the bathroom?"

"Over there." He pointed by the kitchen.

I grabbed one of my bags and headed to the bathroom. I shut the door behind me and locked it. I looked around the bathroom and chuckled when I saw that he had a walk-in tub. I turned on the shower, stripped out of my clothes and got in.

.
.
.

I drove around this unfamiliar place called Forks. I don't know how people could live here but I did always love trying different things. The people here are so...open and nice, I guess. Driving past a sign saying 'La Push Beach,' I pull over. Who would go to the beach in this kind of weather? ... Me.

Hopping out of the car, I grabbed my phone and purse before shutting the door and making my way over. It wasn't winter or spring but more so of the summer but the weather is so much different from the city. It wasn't raining at the moment but the wind was blowing strongly. I believe that a storm is coming. But, still I continued to walk across the sand as my Jordan's sunk into the sand.

The wind blew in my face sending my hair in waves. I instantly started to think I was in a movie, where the female main character's hair is blowing in the wind and she's running in the sand. But, unfortunately for me, I don't feel like running so I just twirled around in circles with a smile on my face. Everything around me was quickly forgotten as I took my phone out of my pocket and snapped a quick picture before going back into my movie mood. I giggled as the wind blew harder somewhat sending me steps back.

"What are you doing?" I heard a voice behind me and my mode immediately shut down.

Too embarrassed to face the person, I kept my head down. "Um.." I embarrassingly chuckled, rubbing the back of my neck. Gosh, this is embarrassing.

"It's okay. I do that sometimes when I'm alone." I glanced up at the female standing in front of me. Her dark brown hair moved effortless with the air. Her eyes were golden brown. Her skin pale but a bit darkened from the just starting to get dark sky, giving her skin a blue hue color. "I'm Bella Cullen."

"Lorelei..." I debated whether or not to tell her my real last name. I mean, if I say Lorelei Johnson she might know who I am. I was known around the world about my endless crimes. "Lorelei Malkovich."

Bella nodded her head. "So, what are you doing out here, in Forks, at a time like this?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I just moved here from the east coast. My brother and I thought it would be cool to get a fresher start."

She smiled. "I understand completely. I moved here and my life literally changed... For the better though."

I smiled back before looking down at my phone. "Oh, shoot." I hadn't noticed how time flew pass so quickly. "I have to go but it was a pleasure of meeting you, Bella."

"Likewise, Lorelei." She nodded her head towards me with a smile.

"Bye." I turned around and started walking towards my car but stopped when Bella called my name. "Yes?"

"If you're new to the town, I could give you a tour tomorrow... If you'd like."

I nodded. "My schedule is clean."

We laughed. "Great. We can exchange numbers so I can contact you directly tomorrow."

"Yeah, sure."

We exchanged numbers and took our leaves. I hopped in my car, preparing myself for the lecture my brother would give me about 'how I worried him sick' or 'I should be more caring about coming back before dark.' I mean, I couldn't blame AJ for being so protective. For one, that's my twin brother and we'd protect each other with our lives. For two, we're assassins so a lot of people are after us. For three, we left the city to get away from that inhuman man so me being late would surely cause AJ to have a panic attack.

.
.
.

"Do you not know how worried I was?!"

He was currently snapping on me about calling him and letting him know where I'm at...at all times. He was worried. I knew he would be.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." I muttered, rolling my eyes.

He calmed down and was silent for a long time before taking a deep breath and looking my way. "How was your exploration around the town?"

I scoffed. He just literally cursed me out and now wants to know how'd it go. "It was fine. I stopped at some malls, most of them sucked. I ended up going to the beach-"

"The beach?" He laughed. "In this weather?"

"It wasn't this bad when I was there." I nodded my head towards the window as it was a crazy thunderstorm going on. "Anyways, I met this girl there. Her name was Bella and she offered to show me around the town."

"But you already explored the town."

"Yeah, but she's been here longer than us. She knows more places. Plus, if we're going to be staying here for awhile, I want to be familiar with every inch of this place."

"Yeah, whatever. I'm tired so I'm just going to head to bed."

"Alright, see you in the morning."

He nodded and walked out.

"Love you."

He popped his head back in the room with a smile. "Love you too, sister."

He shut my door closed and I got comfortable on my bed before falling asleep.

First night in Forks:

I survived. √
I met a potential friend. √
.
.
.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

430K 17.5K 61
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ข'๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐œ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐š๐ฌ ๐š ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž-๐›...
2.7M 64.6K 131
[BOOK ONE IN THE LIFELINE SERIES] lifeยทline หˆlฤซfหŒlฤซn/ noun "A person you can always depend on to help you in a really messed up situation where you n...
1.1M 49.2K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
138K 5.1K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...