Best Friend's Father

By sparklehaze

Ashton Irwin never expected to fall in love with his son's best friend Luke Hemmings, but that's the funny th... More

Redder than Sebastian from the Little Mermaid.
You only want me for my money
I think you'd be great with a sponge
Girl problems
I like the pain
Cloud Nine
shame game
Drama queen
In dreamland
Like some lovesick teenager
Bone crushing
Something anything
Creep
Butterflies
Rainbow
Forever and always
Fancy
Hopeful eyes
Nicknames
Disgust
Happy
Settle
Celebrate
Say
Promise
Forgive
Cry
We never stopped
A/N
His two boys
shame game part 2
Cloud of happiness
Like teenagers
Home
Judge
Play
Figure it out
Gem
Dream
HELP
Epilouge

Madly in love

5.1K 217 129
By sparklehaze

Y'all we 25 chapters into this shït. There's no escape now...

=•=

Calum was eyeing Luke with suspicious eyes. He was on to him like a hawk, watching his every move.

They were currently in Luke's room. Luke was on his bed, casually strumming his guitar with a contented smile on his face while Calum sat on the chair at Luke's desk where he did his homework and studies.

"You should really tidy up," Calum said with a frown as he observed all the clothes thrown on the floor and all the books carelessly laying on the desk.

"It's jut you and me in here. It's not like you clean your room," Luke pointed out putting his guitar beside him with a sigh.

"It's unattractive," Calum said

"You're unattractive," Luke snorted

"How mature," Calum muttered

"Says the one who wears spongebob boxers," Luke chuckled

"It's only one pair!" Calum defended

"You still put it on,"Luke said

"Well my boyfriend likes taking it off," Calum smirked as Luke shot him a disgusted face.

"Spare me the details of your šex life," Luke said

"Like how you spare me the details of when you and my dad hang out?" Calum challenged and smirked to himself when he saw Luke freeze.

"Don't think I didn't see you an how you were holding hands. What the fück was that about?" Calum asked

"It's a simple explanation really," Luke said nervously. His heart was thudding in his chest as record speed and his fingers were starting to twitch.

"Enlighten me then," Calum said

Luke panicked. He didn't know if he should tell Calum that his dad is moving out but Ashton hasn't told his family yet. He didn't want to be the one to say that but he was at a lost of what lie to say.

"I was feeling really sick and my mom wasn't home. She said in emergencies to call your family and your mom doesn't like me anymore so I called your dad," Luke started off trying to make this believable.

"Okay so what was wrong?" Calum asked. He seemed like he was buying it.

"My stomach was killing me so your dad drove me to the drug store and went with me to get the medicine," Luke said

"Why was he holding your hand then?" Calum asked

"I was feeling a bit dizzy too. He was holding my hand to make sure I didn't fall over or anything," Luke smiled nervously.

"And you guys were laughing because?" Calum said

"He was trying to cheer me up and distract me from the pain by telling jokes," Luke said. Calum looked as if he believed him but like felt so guilty for lying.

"Is everything okay now? With your tummy I mean," Calum asked

"Yeah. It was just some bug. I'm better now," Luke smiled at Calum.

"Okay. Sorry for questioning you, it was just a bit weird to see that you know?" Calum laughed completely oblivious to the shaking boy opposite him.

"Haha. Yeah. Totally weird," Luke said.

=•=

"It was so scary, he was onto to me Ash," Luke complained through the phone.

Ashton snorted.

"Don't worry my gem. That was a nice save. Calum would know when you're ready," Ashton said as he parked the car and got out.

"I guess. When will that be?" Luke asked but he didn't expect a response.

"Maybe in the next few months," Ashton smiled

"Why do you say that?" Luke asked bewildered.

"I have a surprise baby boy. Be at my place for nine," Ashton said and then hug up the phone.

He walked up to a door he was all too familiar with and let his fingers linger on the door knob a little longer than necessary.

He remembers when he bought the house with a pregnant Charlie who was expecting Eliza.

He remembers how happy he felt thinking his was his home, the place he's share every single moment with his family.

He twisted the door knob and entered.

He walked through the foyer and into the kitchen where he was Charlie hunched over the dining table reading a magazine.

"Hey," he said quietly. He watched her jump in surprise then turn to him and smile softly.

"Hi," she replied.

"I figured it was time to tell you," Ashton said

"I know. You like being on your own," Charlie said.

"Yeah, I do. I think I also want a divorce," Ashton spoke and he saw it took everything in Charlie not to burst out crying.

He took a seat next to her and wrapped his arms around her.

"I'm sorry. I just can't put your through a one sided marriage. I care for you Charlie and I love you, I always will but my heart doesn't love you like that anymore."

"I felt this coming. All we did and fight and yell. I knew it would happen sooner rather than later. I'd always love you Ashton. More than you'd ever love me," Charlie said sadly.

"I'd still be around. We have kids," Ashton reminded her

"I know," she laughed but not a happy kind of laugh.

"Thank you for being so calm about this," Ashton said taking her hand.

"I respect your decision. I'm obviously grateful we're having this conversation now than later. I feel like if we'd waited, the pain would be worse," she said. Ashton didn't know how to reply so he nodded instead.

"What do we tell the kids?" Ashton asked

"The truth. We have four kids I was thinking you take two and I'll take two," Charlie suggested talking about custody.

"That sounds good. They'd still be able to see each other though, just not as often," Ashton said.

"Calum was heading off to university soon so I guess I'd have to get used to my babies being gone," Charlie said.

"Speaking of Calum, I was wondering if it's okay to take him with me. Given that you don't approve of his lifestyle choices and such," Ashton said

"Uh, sure. I was thinking I keep the girls and you take Cal and Ethan?" She asked

"Yeah, it's settled. All we have to do is tell them now."

=•=

The kids didn't know what to do or say when their parents say them down.

Calum, minded much more than he thought. Even though his mother and him aren't seeing eye to eye ok everything, that was his mother. The woman who gave birth to him, the woman that raised him. The woman that loves him and would learn to accept him one day, hopefully.

Calum was her first child, he's seen all the men run from the second his mother uttered she had a child. He saw how happy she saw when Ashton stayed. He saw how ecstatic she was when he asked her to marry him.

But Calum knew that he wanted to live with his dad. His sexuality caused a huge cliff to develop between them, neither of them seeming to want to jump over. Calum refused to admit he wasn't gay and Charlie refused to accept anything other than a girlfriend. Calum still loved is mother, and Charlie still loved him.

He stayed quiet throughout the entire time too shocked and numb to process anything.

He looked over and saw Eliza was doing the same thing. She had a sad look on her face but she said nothing. No child ever wants to hear that they're parents are breaking up, everyone dreams of that nuclear family with a white picket fence where everyone gets along and is happy in the end.

Ethan was a bit too young to actually understand what was going on.

"What does that mean? Does it mean you no longer love us?" He asked confused

"No baby, of course not. We just can't live with each other anymore. We've grown apart but we love so very much," Charlie answered shocking Ashton.

"Okay. I still get to see you both right?" He asked again.

"Yes darling. You'd see us both and we'd always be there for you. Mummy and I will still be friends," Ashton spoke this time but it was the truth, Ashton and Charlie have been through so much together, they'd always be best friends.

Ethan hummed in response seeming contented with the reply.

"Why?" A sharp voice cut through the silence. It belonged to Jennifer, Ashton first child with Charlie.

"We can't live with each other anymore," Charlie repeated bit Jenny wasn't satisfied. She lived in a world where her parents would be together forever.

"I get that but I mean why now? How long has this been going on?" Jenny asked

"A while now. That's why I haven't been home all that much recently. I found a place, you're welcome to come visit any time you want," Ashton said.

"Okay but you're sure about this? Can't your try a separation first?" Jenny asked

"We did. That's why your father moved out and he decided that he's better in his own. I'm actually happier here too, we don't fight like we used to," Charlie spoke but Jenny rolled her yes at her words.

"Whatever. Make me life a living hell, that's all you people seem to do," she muttered as she stood up and marched up to her room.

Ashton was hurt by her words but didn't let it get to him. She was taking it hard as expected and he needed to give her time to understand and accept it.

"I'd take care of it," Calum said getting up and following his sister.

"Eliza darling, you're being awfully quiet. How you feeling?" Ashton asked her.

"I've been better but I hated seeing you too fight. It makes me and Ethan sad. As long as I'm seeing you I think I will he okay," she spoke and her level of maturity never failed to amaze her parents.

"We're proud of you, pumpkin. You've always been our brave little girl," Charlie cooed making the little girl giggle.

"I guess I better get home now," Ashton said quietly.

"Of course," Charlie replied.

"I'd see you tomorrow," Ashton said getting up and placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Bye darlings, see you in the morning," Ashton said as he kissed both Eliza and Ethan goodbye on their cheek.

"Promise you'll come back daddy?" Ethan asked suddenly as Ashton was about to exist the room

"Pinky promise," Ashton smiled.

=•=

Luke's loud scream alarmed Ashton because he was positive the bright outs would think Luke was dying and Ashton was murdering him.

"You're serious?" Luke jumped excitedly.

"Yes. I'm calling a lawyer tomorrow," Ashton laughed

"Ah! I'm so excited and happy. This means we're like real. A real couple," Luke said hopping on the backs of his feet like a little child making Ashton coo at his adorableness.

"Of course angel," Ashton said giving Luke a sweet kiss.

"Shít, how'd she take it though?" Luke asked

"She was obviously upset but she handled it pretty well. She was so calm," Ashton replied.

"Yeah well, what about the kids?" Luke asked

"Calum seemed okay and Eliza was so mature about it. Ethan seemed a bit confused, I don't think he knows that's happening really but Jennifer was a mess," Ashton frowned.

"Don't worry daddy, she's come around," Luke smiled causing Ashton to smile.

"I sure hope she does," Ashton said.

"Well I have a way to celebrate," Luke smiled mischievously.

"Is that so?" Ashton smirked

"We're both happy and in the right frame of mind. I say we take our relationship to the next level?" Luke asked hopefully. He was ready, ready to give Ashton his love once he would accept it.

"Luke," Ashton breathed out shocked.

"I want this Ash, I really do and I know you want it to. Let's make love," Luke said and Ashton's breath hitched.

"Love?" He questioned softly

"Love. I love you Ashton," Luke confirmed with a blush while Ashton stared at him, mouth agape.

He quickly recollected himself and looked into Luke's hopeful eyes.

"I love you Luke," Ashton said with such honestly. He pulled Luke in for another kiss, this one longer and passionate.

Their passion and love didn't stop there. The night was spent in tangled sheets and intertwined limbs connected with love. There was tender touches and gentle words laced with love. There was sweet kisses powered by love.

Luke and Ashton made love.

Luke and Ashton were so madly in love.

=•=
I didn't feel like writing smüt but I did like the ending.

I really do like Charlie and I feel for her.

3k aye. Thanks to everyone who's reading this 💫

It's late and probably filled with mistakes but hey it's an update : )

So vote and comment lots 💖
Last chapter didn't get much votes : (((((

Byeeeee 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66K 2.5K 21
Luke Hemmings. Popular, openly gay, excepted, Always happy. Ashton Irwin. Popular yet bullied at home, openly gay, self harm-er, depressed. What...
203K 4.3K 64
[Book 1] LASHTON BROMANCE COMPLETED Step-siblings Sienna and Ashton live very different lives to that of those around them, and it all gets flipped a...
2.2K 296 29
"Ashton has spoken to me this week, which is great, and I think he's even been flirting with me. But he's still dating Calum, and Michael and I are j...
6.8K 271 25
Ashton is suicidal gets beaten by his father and bullied at school for being gay. Luke is very confident has a loving family that accepts him for who...