Lustrous

By Dream_big96

Clumsy, accident prone and damn right weird is how people often describe Skylar Martin and it didn't surprise... More

Chapter 1: First Impressions are Ever Lasting
Chapter 2: The Flooding of Warm Liquids
Chapter 3: The Proposition of an Arrangement
Chapter 4: Coming to A Decision
Chapter 5: Ungentlemanly, Rude Suitor
Chapter 6: Defining the terms of Marriage
Chapter 7: Section C Intimacy and Romance
Chapter 8: The Uninvited Guest
Chapter 9: Joy and Heartache
Chapter 10: The Dinner Date from Hell
Chapter 11: You're Place, or Mine
Chapter 12: Simple, Classy and Elegant Jewels
Chapter 13 : Modelling the Right Attire
Chapter 14 : Dealing With Business
Chapter 15: The Burn of Family Dinners
Chapter 16: The Uncontrollable Run of a Mouth
Chapter 17: Delicious Cubes of Heaven
Chapter 18: On The Dotted Line
Chapter 19: Welcoming New Additions
Chapter 20: The Return of Self-Pity
Chapter 21: Finding His Genius
Chapter 22: A Morning to Remember
Chapter 23: The Right Amount of Puff
Chapter 24: The Gifting of a Diamond
Chapter 25: Engaging Conversations
Chapter 26: Changing the Rules of the Game
Chapter 28: Missteps and Shakey ground
Chapter 29: Oh, to be a Couple
Chapter 30: The Pillow Wall Reconstruction
Chapter 31: A Trick of Obsidian
Chapter 32: The Embellishment of the Pillow wall
Chapter 33: Oppurtuinities
Chapter 34: Date Night
Chapter 35: Meeting Old Foes
Chapter 36: Untitled
Chapter 37: Butterflies Bite
Chapter 38: Lord of the Park
Chapter 39: Combating with Foes
Chapter 40: The Perfect Place
Chapter 41: He Who Grounds Her
Chapter 42: Lost in the Silence
Chapter 43: The Power of Words
Chapter 44: The After Life
Chapter 45: Happily Ever After
Epilogue: First Christmas
Epilogue: A Birthday Surprise
Epilogue: Just One of Those Days

Chapter 27: Bright Lights of Lustrous

97.6K 4.2K 1K
By Dream_big96

The car stopped out the front of the building and Jessie and I quickly climbed out.

"Remind me again, why we are here." Jessie whined again. She was not at all happy to be here, especially since she had work first thing tomorrow morning. Josh on the other hand refused to accompany us since he had a 'family thing' on - he was a bad liar.

"We are here to prove I have a life and am not a helpless goat." I informed her again.

I wouldn't exactly call you a goat, more like a sheep - they have smaller brains.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head slightly trying to focus.

"But why here of all places? We could go to Bridie O'Reilly's Bar again. You like that place remember?"

I did like that place. It was cheap, and even during its busiest time; you weren't packed in like sardines in a tin can.

"Yes but here, I don't have to pay to get in or for drinks." I smiled at Jessie and gestured up to the Lustrous club entrance. I had been foolish enough to leave my money back at the apartment so I had to get through tonight without spending a cent and since the Lustrous hotel offered free club entry to their guest, I figured I might as well take advantage.

Granted there were other places I could have done this - clubs who allow women free entry and then all I had to do was flirt to get people to buy me drinks, but there were problems with these solutions. The clubs offering free entry for women were crawling with creeping older men and crap music, and lets not forget the fact that I struggled to flirt purposely.

I walked up to the V.I.P entrance and smiled at the bouncer. "I'm Skylar Martin, I live in the hotel." I wasn't entirely sure how this worked. Most people I had seen walk in the V.I.P entrances didn't even utter a word but just walked in as the bouncers stepped aside. This however wasn't the case for me.

He looked down at me for a brief moment with questioning eyes before he turned and gestured to another person. A lady soon appeared by his side. "Name?" She asked me without even looking at me.

"Skylar Martin." I smiled.

"Sorry love, not on the list." She turned and went to walk away.

"What about Skylar Renner." I called out to her.

She stopped and turned back at me.

"Soon to be anyways." I clarified.

The woman looked back down at her list and then back up at me. She frowned slightly.

"Problem?" I questioned a little confused. I honestly thought that would work.

"You don't look much like your photo Ms Martin." She held up the photo the staff were given to recognise me by. It was a photo of me sleeping with my mouth open, a small trail of drool coming from my mouth and my hair was in wild knots as it was spread across my pillow.

"That asshole!" I grabbed the photo. "Out of all photos he uses this one!" I stared angrily at the photo.

"Well look at it this way, it kind of captures your personality." Jessie looked over my shoulder.

"Careful friend." I turned my attention to her. "You're the plus one."

"Come on in girls." The woman stepped aside.

"Do you mind if I keep this photo?" I asked her. "You know, so I can kill him later."

"Sure thing." She smiled.

Jessie and I continued into the club. The music slowly started to creep up on us as we entered into the main chaotic gathering.

"Ugh I remember how much I hate clubbing." I rolled my eyes as I walked towards the bar.

"Two Vodka and Lemonades." Jessie ordered as I looked around the club.

The lights where spinning around making me a little dizzy and the music was so loud I couldn't even hear what the bar tender was saying on the other end of the counter - too bad if he was saying something important.

The drinks were pushed towards encouragingly and I wasted no time in throwing back my first drink, desperate for the relaxing effect of the alcohol.

"Slow down Sky, I am good friend but I refuse to watch you throw up."

"I'll be fine. I ate something." I smiled at her reassuringly as I tapped the bar to get another drink.

"That just means you have something to throw up." Jessie muttered loud enough for me to hear but I just ignored her.

A few drinks later and I was comfortably leaning against the bar and watching the mass crowd move around the dance floor without any panic or anxiety.

"Want to go dance?" Jessie asked me as she pushed off lightly from the bar.

I stared her straight in face, "I'm not drunk enough for that yet." My 80's disco moves were not exactly something I wanted to publicise while I was still sober.

"Well then hurry up, I'm bored." She flicked her hair to the side.

"Hey cutie, want to dance?" A girl smiled, directing her question at Jessie.

Jessie blushed a deep red and her eyes spun around in a slight panic.

I rolled my eyes sick of it. I was too tried and in no mood to play along with Jessie tonight. "Hey closest Queen, go have some fun." I nudged her arm.

Her eyes widened even more in surprise as she stared at me. "W-what?"

"Jessie, I have been your friend and lived with you for years. Do you really think I didn't notice that purpled haired diva sneaking out of the fire escape for the better half of last year?" I spoke honestly before I took a long sip of my drink. Hm. I was running low.

"Sky, Please don't - " She started but I interrupted.

"I won't say anything to your parents. I still love you. Now go and dance, at least one of us should be having a good time tonight." I gave her another gentle nudge.

Jess smiled and nodded her head before she walked off towards the dance floor.

"Hey can I get another drink please?" I turned to the bartender.

"Make that two." Someone said from behind me.

I frowned and turned around. "Unless that extra one is paying for itself then it will just be one drink thank you very much." I stopped talking as I came face to face with a cute smile.

"How about if both of the drinks pay for themselves?" He smirked at me.

"That could work." I smiled back.

"I'm Declan by the way." He leaned in near my ear so that I could hear him.

"I'm Sky." I gladly took the drink from the bartender.

"Let me ask you Sky, why is a beautiful girl like you not dancing?"

"I was just waiting for the right partner." I tried to flirt. Tried being the key word there. Twenty-five years old and you think I knew how to do it by now.

"Well in that case, Mind if I steal you away for a dance?"

Oh my god! This never happens to me! Guys always come up to me and introduce themselves before they start asking if Jessie is single and then they just start flirting with her.

Act cool Sky.

"Of course - " I beamed at him.

"Not. Sorry she's taken." Another voice cut in as I felt someone grab onto my hand.

Okay, now this is getting annoying. My inner self pouted.

"Oh sorry." Declan didn't bother to stand his ground and quickly turned away before disappearing into the crowd.

I was fuming. My eyes narrowed and my lips formed a firm thin line. "What are you doing here?" I pulled my arm violently from his grip as I faced Anthony.

"Going out with friends." He shrugged.

"It was supposed to be away from me!"

"Sky, you are in my club you know that right." He explained. "Now, care to dance babe."

"No!" I pushed away his hand and started off into the large crowd.

"Sky!" I heard Anthony's distant call as he tried and failed to follow me.

Maybe large crowds did have their usefulness after all.

I walked down the small hallway to the bathroom. Two large rows of cubicles and every available wall of the bathroom were covered in mirrors - perfect for capturing sweaty brow's and smudging make-up.

I walked over to the basin and leaned against it taking pressure off my feet held captive by my heels.

I looked up into the mirror to check my reflection. My hair that was once straight now had a wave to it from the humidity in the room and my mascara was leaving black streaks on my upper eyelid.

Looks like your plan failed - miserably.

I nodded my head agreeing with my inner self.

Are you going to hide in the toilets all night?

"No." The words slipped out. I looked around at the other women in the bathroom - most of the strangers looked to drunk to even notice my 'talking-to-myself'.

I took a deep breath once again. Time to face the music - literally.

I straightened my posture and walked back out into the club. My eyes quickly caught on Anthony as he broke through the crowd and started looking my way. My eyes widened in panic.

I take it back, I'm a coward.

Turning around I walked quickly towards the exit and pushed through the doors. The cold air washed over me as the wind swirled around me.

"Sky wait up. You shouldn't be out side by yourself." He reached for my hand but I quickly snatched it away. "What the hell is wrong now?"

I ignored him and continued to walk down the street.

"First you disappear and leave me searching the water with the coast guard for your body and then you shove me off all day and now this? Do you have a mood-disorder is that? A mood thing?"

I stopped walking and my head immediately snapped in his direction at the accusation. "No Anthony this is not a mood thing, this is a you're-a-giant-dick thing!"

"Oh dear god what imaginary thing did I do now that you want to add to the list?!" His voice rose to match my own.

"Don't worry about it. I guess I am just too 'mentally unstable that you fear for your own sanity' but I guess you don't care since you have a new assistant to play with right?!"

His frown deepened for a brief moment before he clicked. Understanding crossed his features like a wave and he took a step forward.

I flinched back.

"You heard that?" He questioned, his voice lower now than it was only seconds ago.

"Every single word."

"So that's it. You're mad because you over heard me joking around with my friends?"

"Joking around? You called my a mentally unstable bitch."

Okay, technically he never used bitch but I decided to add that in for extra emphasis.

"Yes I did, because you are Sky." He pressed.

Ouch.

"But I accept that. My friends on the other hand couldn't see past your lips and cleavage line, they were making fun of my complaining all night. They kept telling me they were going to drag me to get my eyes tested."

I stayed silent. I didn't know what to say exactly.

"And Cami is a forty year old happily married woman with three kids."

I let him continue.

"Sky, I wasn't joking when I said I was going to give this a chance. Sure you're crazy that's who you and if that scared me away I would be gone already so stop yelling at me and for once in your life trust me."

The silence stretched between us as we both caught our breaths and stared willingly into each other's eyes.

Anthony sighed. "Please say something."

I nodded my head and parted my lips, "I think I'm going to be sick."

Anthony's eyes widened and he immediately flinched back. "Did you eat something before you drank?"

"Does a box of cookies count?" I hugged my stomach.

Anthony rolled his eyes. "Can we go home now?"

I nodded 'yes' and accepted his hand.

%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%

"Sky."

"Hmm." I frowned, not opening my eyes.

"Sky."

"Go away." I lifted my arm and hit the air before rolling over and hugging my pillow.

"Sky wake up"

"I'm still sleepy." I spoke and smacked my lips together. I was thirsty.

I felt a light touch along my skin, running slowly up my leg. "Wake up Babe."

I opened my eyes and looked up to see Anthony sitting on the edge of the bed with his finger slowly running up and down my bare leg that was showing from the blanket.

"How do you feel?" He stopped moving his fingers and rested his hands on the bed.

"Great."

"You sure?" He pressed. "No headache, you're not going to throw up or anything?"

"Don't sound to disappointed Anthony." I pushed him away and rolled over. My body fell from the bed and onto the ground with a loud thud. "Okay, not so great now."

Anthony chuckled. "Get up and go have a shower. Those tickets for the Bahamas are booked for this weekend so we have to leave today."

I moved my tired arms and picked myself up from the floor. "Can we just pretend we lost the tickets?"

"And risk the wrath of my mother, yeah right, and besides it will be a good chance to get everything out in the open - that way you can stop finding reasons to be angry at me."

"Oh speaking of being angry at you. What picture did you give to the staff?"

Anthony gave me a wicked smile. "I liked it."

"Of course you did." I pulled myself together and walked towards the bathroom.

I pressed the dials in the shower and turned up the hot water to wake me up. Stepping out of the shower I stepped into clothes - black leggings and my grey hoddie - and brushed out my hair before pulling on my black beanie.

I walked out of the bathroom to see Anthony sitting on the bed with Herculina in his arms while he scratched her just behind her ear.

I smiled and reached for my phone, lifting it up I quickly snapped a photo. "Look who likes pets now." I smiled at him.

He looked up at me, "I don't like pets, I tolerate this one, there is a difference."

"Sure there is." I smiled and walked towards them both. I gave my rabbit a quick pet good morning and continued to get ready.

Packing a bag of comfortable clothes Anthony and I left for our 'couples retreat', but not before we dropped off Herculina. Pulling up at my father's house, Anthony waited in the car as I took my rabbit inside.

"Hey Jasmine!" I called out to my sister. "Can you rabbit sit for me?!"

"Since when do you have a rabbit?" She asked as she slowly came down the stairs.

"About a week and half now." I stretched out my arms and held Herculina out like Rafiki did Simba.

"Aw she's so cute." Jas smiled as she took Herculina off me and started to cuddle her.

"Play nice." I told my rabbit.

Turning around I went to walk back out the front door when I saw my father walk into the entrance.

"Hey Dad." I smiled at him.

"Sky. You leaving already?" His eyes flickered between me and the door.

"Yeah, Anthony and I have that couples retreat thing to go to this weekend. Hopefully we manage not to kill each other." I joked.

"Oh," He looked down and nodded. "H-have fun."

I turned my attention to Jasmine who was more concern about my rabbit. "I will. See you all in a few days."

"Take your time Sky!" Jas waved Herculina's paw at me.

Walking back out of the house I quickly slid into the car. "I don't think my little sister is going to give my rabbit back."

"Excuse me, she is 'our' rabbit, I paid for her."

"Yeah well OUR rabbit has just been kidnapped."

%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%

Happy easter. Sorry the chapter is poor. I will come back and fix up all of these crummy chapters at a later date :)

Please vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 3.5K 22
Two entirely different people , one contract marriage as a deal but now Miss CEO has fallen harder & harder . What will she do now ?? Highest ranks...
356K 11.4K 25
"Dear Diary Now there is nothing but uncertainty around my future. I got married, to Ethan Carter.The merger that let us to this pinnacle came at a c...
207K 12.9K 38
"So, let me get this straight. You stomped all over his paperwork?" She started. "Not intentionally, but yes," I confirmed it. "Threw a drink in hi...
9.5M 308K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...