Bad Teacher (Discontinued)

By leedsfest

This is what happens when Zayn unknowingly falls in love with one of his students. Featuring best friend Liam... More

Bad Teacher (Ziall/Larry Fanfic)
New Beginnings
Chapter 1: What's Love?
Chapter 2: Don't Stop
Chapter 3: One Night Stands
Chapter 4: Big Mistakes
Chapter 5: Hard To Forget
Chapter 6: Same Mistakes
Chapter 7: I Want You (Larry)
Chapter 9: Fool's Gold

Chapter 8: Confessions

4.9K 271 124
By leedsfest

It was seven in the morning when all four boys were startled awake by their alarms. Each woke up in their respective homes, albeit Niall had woken up in Zayn's flat and Harry in Louis' house. The heart warming smiles placed on each of their faces as they recalled the events that had occurred the night before could not be deterred by the ungodly hours they were woken up at.

Each boy was smiling for a different reason. For Zayn, the smile on his face symbolized the "I loves you's" that had been whispered by Niall as he peppered feather light kisses all over his face and neck. To Niall, the smile on his face was all due to Zayn's acceptance of the feelings they both clearly shared for one another from the beginning.

Harry's smile was the result of Louis' reassuring "I mean it Harry, I'll stand by your side forever." before he had drifted off to sleep. Louis' smile was due to Harry's content sigh as he drifted off to the land of dreams telling Louis in his incoherent state he loved him.

~*~

Getting ready at Zayn's flat had proved difficult for both Niall and Zayn. For starters, it was a Friday morning so going off to school was inevitable. They had woken up and realized with a start that they had to get ready in less than 10 minutes in order to get to school on time. However, this proved difficult as both boys kept getting distracted by the loving gazes and warm smiles they kept throwing at one another.

"If you smile at me like that one more time Zayn I don't think i'll be able to button up my trousers." Niall says cheekily as he zips up his tan chinos making sure his white top isn't tucked into them.

"I don't know what you're talking about Niall... And hypothetically speaking if I were to be smiling, which i'm not, it may be because you're just so damn adorable in the morning." Zayn replies, knowing exactly that he was in fact smiling at Niall the whole time. He was happy and couldn't help but admire Niall with a smile, so sue him.

Niall rolls his eyes at Zayn but can't help the blush that begins to splash over his pale cheeks at Zayn's words. Looking away Niall grabs his white trainers and slips them on. "You know this will be the second day you show up to uni without the proper uniform. I'm surprised you haven't gotten in trouble yet." Zayn recalls as he's tightening his tie.

"I don't really get in trouble Mr. Malik. I don't stick to the rules, but i'll always get away with it." Niall says with a smirk as he walks seductively up to Zayn. Once he's close enough he starts to trail his index finger down Zayn's chest. "You sound like a total brat." Zayn teases, but it's not meant to sound rude. The comment was meant to be taken lightly, as complete banter, but as the words leave Zayn's mouth Niall's joking and flirtish demeanor changes to one of guardedness.

Zayn sees the changes, he sees how Niall curls into himself and looks away. He goes to reach for the blonde but is shocked when he flinches away from him. "Niall, I didn't mean that. What I said, it was a joke. It was a shit comment and I'm sorry." Zayn says, desperately trying to makes things better again. Niall isn't even looking at him though, he's looking past him.

"I have to go, I-I'll see you later Malik." Niall says, pushing past Zayn and almost sprinting to the door.

"Niall wait, hold on for a second-" Zayn shouts, running to catch up to the departing blonde. As soon as Niall reaches for the door, Zayn is there grabbing onto Niall's wrist and spinning him around before he can recoil away. Niall starts to shout at Zayn, insisting he let go, but Zayn grabs him and pulls him into a crushing hug.

It's not normal for Niall to break down and cry. It's even more strange to do in front of a man he met a few days ago. This is Zayn though, a guy who has changed all of Niall's perspectives, especially when it comes to love and relationships. So yes, he begins to cry and he's thankful that they're the silent type and not ugly sobs.

"I really didn't mean it Ni... I honestly didn't." Zayn says as soothingly as possible. He has Niall wrapped up in his arms stroking the blondes hair. Niall pushes his face deeper into Zayn's chest and starts to shake his head. "I'm being an over sensitive idiot Zayn, you wouldn't get it." He mutters solemnly into Zayn's chest. As he pulls away he disentangles himself from Zayn. "What's going on then? What I said obviously hurt you more than you're willing to lead on. What is it?" Zayn asks worriedly, stroking Niall's cheek. "I... I have to tell you something and I'm not sure how you'll react." Niall says, nervously gazing into Zayn's curious eyes. "Whatever it is we'll get through it Niall. I promise. No more running away, okay? Just tell me." Zayn says encouragingly, nodding his head letting Niall know to go on. "Right, so... Zayn my dad he's-" Niall is about to tell Zayn something that could potentially ruin everything, but before he can even get the nerve to finish Zayn's phone is ringing.

"Shit. Sorry Niall... Fuck where is that darn thing." Zayn starts to look through the bag he brings along to school and finally finds the ringing phone in one of the pockets. "Gonna have to take this babe, it's the headmaster of the school." Zayn says, about to push the talk button. As he is about to press down however, Niall abruptly interrupts. "Wait! Zayn, wait." Niall is making weird hand gestures and almost looks like he's about to hyperventilate if Zayn presses down on the talk button. Zayn looks at Niall questioningly and then back at his ringing phone. "Just a sec Niall, promise."

He presses talk and a booming voice speaks through the receiver. "Hello Mr. Malik. I hope you are well aware of the fact that you have been late once again to your morning class. I was also told that you did not show up in proper attire the day before. Now, a school of such great stature does not need mediocre sub ins like yourself. You will report to my office immediately. I expect you here in less than an hour." The voice was demanding and left no rooms for objections. "Yes sir, I mean Mr. Gallagher sir. Yes, I'll be there right away sir." Zayn was rendered into nervous and incomprehensible speech. The line on the other side of the phone was ended and Zayn was left staring at his phone in shock.

When Zayn meets Niall's eyes he sees that same shock written all over the boys face. Niall even looks paler than usual and Zayn fears he might just pass out if he doesn't sit down. "Niall breath. Niall calm down." Zayn says, worriedly grabbing on to Niall and lowering them to the ground. Niall was having a panic attack. He has had plenty before, but this one was different. He really felt like he couldn't breath this time and that nothing would calm him down enough to let him. Zayn's panicky shouts of "Breathe Niall, goddammit breathe." was what Niall was focusing on. He knew all he had to do was take a breath in and then let it out, simple. He just couldn't though. "Please Niall, just calm down. I'll go down to the school and everything will be fine. I promise Niall." Zayn desperately pleads to the blonde, begging him to just calm down and breathe.

Niall's mini panic attack is gone by the time Zayn starts to tear up and Niall can't help the guilt that starts to crawl inside him. "Zayn, I'm sorry. I just... What did my- what did the headmaster say?" Niall asks, surprisingly calm. Zayn doesn't answer right away, he's too relieved at seeing that Niall has calmed and can't help but admire the boy in front of him. "He wants to see me in his office in an hour. He needs to speak to me, but Niall I promise that whatever he has to say has nothing to do with us. This, what we have. Whatever he has to say, it won't interfere with what we have. Okay?" Zayn says with such conviction that NIall can't help but believe him.

"Okay. I'm sorry Zayn. I'm over reacting. It's probably nothing." Niall says with a hopeful smile directed at Zayn. Zayn doesn't want to crush that ounce of hope so he just nods and directs them to his parked car. The ride to the school is silent, both extremely nervous for what's to come. Once parked, they head into the school just as silent as before.

"We probably shouldn't enter together." Zayn says turning to Niall as they head up the stairs to the school's entrance. Niall quietly nods and shuffles inside heading to the office. Zayn wished he could of at least kissed him goodbye, but it was too dangerous and someone could see them. Zayn waits a few minutes before following Niall, but instead he heads to the headmasters office. The rooms were both located in the same area so when Zayn sees Niall looking extremely nervous he cautiously looks around before squeezing Niall's hand in reassurance.

As Zayn is letting go of Niall's hand a man that just screams out authority steps into the room. He's wearing a scowl on his face and his eyes are in sharp slights boring into Zayn. The man's eyes drift to Niall who seems to be shaking in place and the mans eyes turn to one of curiosity. "Mr. Horan? What are you doing here?" he asks, walking closer to the pair. "I am-, I woke up late. I'm just signing in sir." Niall says looking nervous as hell and Zayn really doesn't understand why he's acting so jumpy. There's a disapproving and worried look that passes through the headmaster, but neither Zayn or Niall notice it. Niall finishes up signing in and turns around to leave.

"Actually NIall, I would like you to stay. I need to speak to you as well. Just wait out here, I'll call you in in a minute." The headmaster says, beckoning Zayn inside his office. Zayn turns to look at a worried Niall with the same worried expression plastered on his face. Did the headmaster know what was going on? Was he going to get Niall in trouble? Would he be fired? All those questions where running through his mind as he sat in the seat across from Mr. Gallagher.

"So, Mr. Malik. You're late. You are inefficient with your class time. You show up not in uniform... Why should I keep you here Mr. Malik? Why should I let you keep on teaching?" Mr. Gallagher asks. Zayn knows it's all rhetorical, but he still feels the need to defend himself. "I'm good at my job. I am qualified to keep this job." Zayn says, surprising Mr. Gallagher.

Mr. Gallagher was not expecting the young man to stand up to him, no one ever did. The man laughs a short curt laugh and Zayn is surprised at the sound, and if he's being honest slightly scared. "Yes, well I guess it's best if I keep you around then." He says sitting back down. "Now, I will not tolerate such inefficiency Mr. Malik. To keep your job you must show you deserve it." Mr. Gallagher states with a brow raised. Zayn nods knowing he would have to get in Mr. Gallagher's good graces again. "Yes sir, I understand." Zayn says, standing up to go.

"I'm not finished Mr. Malik. Please, sit down." Mr Gallagher says, pointing down to the seat. Zayn's nerves pick up again and he obligingly sits. "Now, to get in my good graces Mr. Malik I have a proposition for you. You see there is a student that is not doing so well at my school right now. He is specifically failing your course. He needs all the help he can get, who better to help than you?" Mr. Gallagher asks turning once again to look at Zayn. Mr. Gallagher had moved to the window and in a way the light shining through said window made the man look scarier than before.

"If it's one of my students sir, then of course I will help. Who is the student sir?" Zayn questions, thinking of all his students. He knows for a fact that they all have passing marks. He goes down the list in his head and doesn't think any of them would need such help, but then he remembers Niall. Niall with the horrible attendance and even worse marks for his soon to be first term. Surely fate wasn't so twisted? "The student is actually my son Mr. Malik. This is his last year here. I need him to pass his A levels. In order to do so he will be needing you help." Mr. Gallagher says with a worried look only a father could muster.

Relief washes over Zayn, it wasn't Niall.

Zayn didn't know Mr. Gallagher had a son? He doesn't recall any Gallagher's on his attendance sheet. Well, as long as it wasn't Niall then everything would go smoothly. There would be nothing connecting the two so no suspicion would arise.

"Oh. Your son, sir? I'm sorry, but I don't recall a Gallagher in my class?" Zayn asks, making sure to not offend the big man in front of him. The man in front of him just laughs and Zayn can't help but fear the man once again. Mr. Gallagher can't help but find Zayn's nervousness quite comical. "No, of course not Zayn. He goes by a different last name. He is my step son, but I've been in his life so long that I see him as my own." The man says and Zayn is surprised by the loving smile that forms on the headmasters lips.

"So, will you help my son Mr. Malik?" The man asks, coming closer to Zayn wanting to shake his hand in an official manner. Zayn abruptly stands and extends his arm while nodding. "Of course sir." Zayn starts to head for the door, but turns around to ask one last thing. "Sir, you never told me what the student's name was?"

"Oh, well Mr. Malik I would appreciate it if you didn't let the fact that I am this students father interfere with the way you treat him. He has gotten bullied by students before and has gotten special treatment as well. I would appreciate if neither happened again. Do I make myself clear?" Mr. Gallagher asks quite menacingly and Zayn nods his head multiple times in slight fright.

Zayn waits for the man in front of him to answer his original question and when he does he really wishes he hadn't asked.

"His name is Niall Horan."

~*~

Niall's legs start to bounce up and down as he sits waiting for his father to call him into his office. Would his father tell Zayn who he was? No, of course not. Niall was just jumping to conclusions. Everything would be fine. Zayn didn't need to find out now that his father was the headmaster of the school. If he were to find out it would just tear the two apart.

If Zayn found out, then he would go back to ignoring him and his feelings. Niall couldn't have that heartbreak again, it would literally tear him apart this time. He knows for a fact he would take a turn for the worst if Zayn were to go back to the way he was before.

It's with crossed fingers and bitten to the core nails that Niall gets through those excruciating minutes. The anticipation is killing him so he stands up and is about to walk over and knock on the door, but is stopped mid step by the attendance lady, Ms. Healy. "Niall sweety, patience. He'll be out in a minute." She says sweetly, going back to her computer. Patience? Patience? Niall has no fucking patience when his relationship could quite literally be over.

He turns to go sit down once again, but then the door is opened by his father. "Niall, please come inside." He says, beckoning him in with a nod. Niall nervously shuffles inside looking around for Zayn. Zayn is still sitting on the chair, quite still and very tense.

Niall starts to panic and wishes he were anywhere but here. He wishes he'd never gotten Zayn into such a mess. He wishes things could be different and that the two had met under different circumstances.

Hoping Zayn doesn't know that the headmaster is his father he decides to act oblivious to the situation. "Mr. Gallagher, you asked to see me?" Niall shyly asks. Looking worriedly at both his father and Zayn. Mr. Gallagher catches the worried glance, but Zayn is oblivious to it considering he's still staring at the floor.

"Niall, I called you in to introduce you to your tutor. He will be helping you pass your A levels this year." His father says with a smile oblivious to the pairs situation. Niall nods, relief washing over him. This means his father doesn't know of their relationship and maybe just maybe Zayn doesn't know that the headmaster is his father. That last thought is abruptly shut down.

"Now, Zayn knows of our situation." as his father says this NIall's eyes widen. "Nothing to worry about Niall. Zayn understands." Mr. Gallagher finishes.

He walks over to Niall and maneuvers him to sit on the chair opposite of Zayn's.

"I'll just leave the two of you here to work out the tutoring schedule. Once you two are finished I expect the both of you to be back to class. I expect to see you both on time for now on. Goodbye Mr. Malik." The headmaster walks over to Zayn and pats him on the back not noticing the wince.

Niall sits there shocked, he knows. Zayn knows. Mr. Gallagher moves over to Niall's side and pats the boy in the head before heading out the door.

"Goodbye, son."

~*~

A/N: An update? Is this really happening?

Question #7: Who's gotten tickets to WWA tour? What stadium will you be going to?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

288K 12.7K 33
Zayn Malik finally graduated high school, something he thought he'd never be able to do. But now he's in college with best friend Niall and honestly...
1.4M 31.2K 30
Life in an university is full of ups and downs and twists and turns. But, even with so many ups and downs it's full of fun parties and precious memor...
4.7K 80 23
Daina is lucky enough to get a place at her dream school in London. By mistake she meets Niall Horan and his friends, and by mistake she falls for hi...
6K 119 39
Six best friends go on their annual school camp. This time alexia doesn't know what's installed for her. Someone will kidnap her and it will change h...