Emerald

By FVamp18

"What the heck were you thinking?! You could've died!" "I-I'm sorry..." I looked down at his chest as water g... More

Preview:
Chapter One: Dare
Chapter Two: Accident
Chapter Three: Stranger Danger
Chapter Four: New Student
Chapter Five: Pink Slip
Chapter Six: Nickname
Chapter Seven: Jared
Chapter Eight: Missing
Chapter Ten: Memory Loss
Chapter Eleven: Jealous
Author Note:
Chapter Twelve: Sleepover
Chapter Thirteen: Drunk
Chapter Fourteen: Confession
Chapter Fifteen: Sailing
Chapter Sixteen: Jessica Harris
Chapter Seventeen: Forced
Chapter Eighteen: Revealed
Chapter Nineteen: End
Bonus Chapter: Happy ending

Chapter Nine: Dead Man

2.6K 108 5
By FVamp18

"We notified the police and they're on their way here. Do you have any idea who they might be?"

I shook my head. And I doubt Jared would help us. He's already gone.

"Maybe.....maybe we shouldn't tell the police...." I mumbled.

"What are you talking about? It's dangerous." My father stated.

I nodded again and began making my way towards my bedroom. I can't put Jessica at risk. And I can't put my dad in danger. So I snuck out of my balcony and walked towards the neighborhood park.

When I got to the tree, I began to hesitate. What if they kill me? It's too late to back out now. Jessica's life is at risk.

I turned around and there was a man dressed in a dark suit. "Hello," he looked around and smiled. "Good....you didn't call the police. If I see the police, I will signal for my men to kill your sister. Got it?"

I nodded and he walked towards me.

"Now tell me where he is,"

"W-Who are you talking about?" I stuttered.

"You know who I'm talking about!" I shook in fear and backed up until my back was against the railing. "Don't make me ask you again." He said through clenched teeth. "Where is that damn bastard?!"

You just asked me again. I wanted to remark back but decided to keep my tongue from getting chopped off. "I-I don't know....h-he said he was leaving...."

"Leaving to go where?!" He growled and wrapped his fingers around my throat. "Tell. Me. Now!!"

I choked and scratched at his fingers but his grip only tighten. My visions were starting to blur when suddenly a gunshot was heard. The man screamed, dropping to the ground and clutching his leg.

Then someone grabbed me. I screamed, trying to pry at his hands but I was suddenly pulled into someone's chest and he began murmuring into my ear. "It's okay.....it's me...."

I looked up through my tears and came face to face with Jared.

"J-Jared...." I cried as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He stiffened under me and pushed me behind him.

"Where is he?" The man breathed out. "Where the hell is your bastard of a brother?! Do you have any idea how much money he stole from me?"

"I don't know where he is and I don't care how much money he took from you." Jared stated.

"I will kill you!" The man growled.

"Not if I kill you first," Jared pointed the gun at the man's head.

"You're gonna k-kill him?" I asked.

"I'm not gonna let this bastard live....especially after doing that to you." He mumbled then he turned back towards the man lying on the ground. "Where is the other girl?"

How did Jared even know about this?

"Just kill me...I'll never tell you where she is." The man laughed. "I don't work for Max anymore....so you can't order me around."

Who were they talking about?

Jared didn't even hesitate. He took a step forward and pulled the trigger, sending the gunshot to echo through the empty area. "Emery..." he turned around and my eyes widen.

"A-Are you going to kill me?" I asked.

"What?" He chuckled. "Of course not. Why would you think that?"

"Because I just witnessed you killing a person....a-are you really a criminal?"

He smiled softly before walking towards me. "I'm doing this for a reason....they know what you look like and where you live. Even if Will decided to let you-" he suddenly paused and brought his hand to his mouth.

"Will?"

"Ahah....uhm....even if I were to leave you, they won't let you go."

I nodded. "Then what should we do?"

"You're safe for now....the only person who knows about this is Henry and his men." He looked down at the dead man one last time before taking my hand and leading me towards the direction of my house. "I'll take care of this....please don't let the police get involved in this...I'll find a way to help your sister and bring her back by tomorrow morning, alright?"

"But-" I began to argue but he simply pushed me back.

"It's better if you don't get involved..." then he turned around and began to walk away.

"Wait!" He stopped and slowly turned around. I ran up to him and before he could protest, I went on the tip of my toes and pressed my lips against his in a soft kiss. He suddenly froze and pulled away immediately.

"W-What are you doing?" He asked, blushing.

I smiled and turned around before he could see how red my face was. Then I ran the rest of the way home.

"Where the hell have you been?" My father asked angrily. "Don't tell me you went there all by yourself! Didn't I tell you to let the police handle this?"

"Dad....can we talk in private?" I murmured, glancing at the policemen surrounding the front of the house.

"What's wrong? Just tell us...my daughter is in danger right now." Regina stated. He raised his hand to stop her. She was about to argue back but she stopped when he gave her a stern look.

"Okay...." then he began making his way to the back of the house as I followed behind. "What's going on?" He asked as soon as we were alone.

"Can you tell the police it was a false alarm?"

"What? I can't just do that, we haven't even found Jessica!"

"I talked to them and they promised to return her by tomorrow morning as long as we don't tell the police..."

"But what would we say? And what would we do if something like this were to happen again? I don't want to lose you too, Emery."

"I know, dad. And I promise you won't lose me....just....just tell them she had a sleepover at a friend's house and forgot to tell you. You guys got worried and notified the police without knowing"

"But what about the note that they left behind?"

"Tell them it was a prank!"

"But-"

"Please, dad. This is for Jessica's sake."

He seems to be debating this over and over for a long time before he finally sighed and nodded. "Fine....but promise me that this won't happen again."

"I promise! They won't bother us again." Especially after Jared kills all of them. Will he be okay? How many people are there? And why were they trying to find Jared?

After the police had left, I went into my room to avoid any further questions from my dad and Regina. I was too tired from everything going on today. The last thing that was on my mind before I drifted off to sleep was him. Jared.

"Jessica!" I jolted out of my seat as soon as I saw her walking through the cafeteria doors. "Are you okay? You're not hurt are you? Are you sure it's okay to come to school today? Maybe you should take the day off. I mean you were freaking kidna-"

"Emery!"

I blinked twice before letting go of her arms and smiled.

"I'm okay," she laughed. "Thanks to Jared..."

"You met Jared?" I asked. She nodded and motioned for me to follow her.

"Where you goin'?" Megan called after me.

"I'll be back!" I called back and followed Jessica out into the hallway. "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

She nodded. "I heard the people that kidnapped me saying that as long as they have you then he'll come out." She whispered. "Who is the man they were talking about? Are we in danger?"

"I don't know...." I answered honestly. "But we're safe for now."

She nodded again. "Okay...."

It was two weeks now. Two weeks passed since the incident and to my relief, nothing happened. I have no contact of Jared and I stopped going to that place. Maybe it was best for the both of us. There was a day where I had thought I heard Jared's voice from the front office. He was shouting at the people and saying, "What do you mean you don't know where he is?"

But I was distracted as my friends pulled me away. I also haven't seen William for a long time. Maybe he transferred or moved back with his dad.

I was about to unlock the front door to my house when someone suddenly grabbed my hand and twisted me around. My eyes widen when I came in contact with William. His clothes were ripped and he was covered in mud.

"William? What the hell happened to you?" He fell into my arms and I gasped at his weight. He was freaking heavy! "William! Are you okay? Why are you like this-"

"I finally found you.....I found you at last....Jessica."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51K 1.9K 32
He once told me no one knows the real him.I didn't think he meant it, and not in a good way. He is a straight A student, and everyone knows it, not t...
99.1K 3.6K 23
"We can't do this" He took another step towards me "Your mouth says no but your eyes say yes" He brushed his fingers lightly across my lips. I don't...
10.5M 273K 52
I was grabbed by the arm and pinned against the wall, I gasped in shock as I looked up to see the dude from earlier, "what the h-" I was cut off when...