One Strange Family

By Super_Unicorn_Llama

Complete!! When Maleficent finds a wolf pup changed girl in trouble she helps her and takes her in as one of... More

The Wolf Girl
Kingdom Mud Fight
The Attack
Author's Note
The Man in the Cloak
Animus
The Mountain
The Flower
The Hidden Secret Part 1
Author's Note
The Hidden Secret Part 2
The Hidden Secret Part 3
The Hidden Secret Part 4
The Next Day
The Cursed Twins
Back Home
Date Night
Saving William Part 1
Saving William Part 2
3 Weeks Later
Author's Note
The Curse Part 1
The Curse Part 2
The Curse Part 3
The Curse Part 4
A Sacred Gift
Strangest of All

The Battle and the Curse

291 5 3
By Super_Unicorn_Llama

Swords clashed together making sparks of fire, magic hit magic turning it into lightning, arrows flew like free birds, shouts and yelling were heard from a million miles.
Dakota lay on the ground, blood running down her forehead from and impact with a catapult ball that was thrown. Everything slowed down like if the world decided to make time go slower. It was silent, everything was slowly starting to come back. Humans and monsters fighting, clashing with each swing of a weapon. A dragon flew over her spitting fire at the enemy. It was black, big, and feathery, almost looking like a huge bird. It was Diaval, he ignited a catapult on fire. She looked to her right and saw Maleficent dive, sending a group of, what should they be called, skeleton monsters, zombies, undead, it didn't matter. They went flying off anyways. She saw Philip tackle one and send it bumping into others. She looked to her left and saw Gina throw her sword straight into one of the skeleton's head. She morphed into a wolf and tackled another, biting it's head clean off. Dakota stood up looked in time to see a mace being thrown her way. She dodged and glared back at the skeleton. Morphing into a wolf she went after it taking it down. She heard a loud roar and saw Diaval go down, hitting the ground. He morphed into a a lion and rammed into a group of skeletons. Buy the time the battle finished the sun was setting over the horizon. Maleficent hovered over the ground searching for any skeleton they missed, eyes glowing and daring for one of them to move. The others were near a carriage that survived the battle. Diaval leaned against the back edge of the carriage, having a wide cut he took on his leg by a great sword, bruises on his face and another cut on his side. Philip sat on the other side, having taken out an arrow that pierced through his armor out of his right shoulder. He had a large cut on his left arm taken from a spear and a big dark bruise on his face from getting hit by a shield. Gina sat in the carriage, armor abandoned, clutching her right side of her ribs. She might've broken one from taking on one of the bigger opponents. She had bruises as well all over her face. Dakota lay on the carriage, legs dangling off the edge. She looked up at the cloudless pinkish-orange sky. She had a small cut on her cheek and a gash on her left shoulder and a big bruise on her neck, plus the hit she took on her head. Her cape was shredded. She had a scratch on her right arm that cut her through her armor. She didn't even remember getting scratched by anything. Some of the soldiers that survived, maybe a few dozen, helped separate their own and lay them down in groups.
"So, that went well." Diaval started, wincing at the pain on his leg. Philip looked at him and smiled. "To think your sense of humor would be put out right now was an understatement." Diaval chuckled and looked back at the girls. "You guys okay?" Gina looked up from the spot she was looking at and smiled. "Never better." Diaval nodded and looked down at Dakota. "Dakota?" She blinked a few times before raising her head to look at him. "I'm fine." She said softly. Philip looked at Maleficent in question. "How did she come off clean?" He said curiously. Diaval looked at him and to Maleficent. "She can heal, remember? And she didn't come off clean. I saw her take some hits." Philip nodded and decided to join his men in honoring the ones that didn't survive. Diaval looked at him walk away and talk to the soldiers. "You should go talk to her." Gina said softly. Diaval looked at her and then at Maleficent. "Yes, maybe I should." He said, limping towards Maleficent.

"You okay, love?" She heard Diaval say behind her. She was so focused on the corpses she didn't even hear him approach her. Diaval reached up behind her and and put his hands on her shoulders making her finally touch the ground. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her cheek. "It's over Mal, their all gone." He said softly. Maleficent gave a slow nod and looked at him. She frowned when she saw the bruises and raised her hand to heal them. She pulled out of the embrace and looked him over. "Why didn't you tell me?" She said healing the cut on his side and on his leg. "That's going to leave another scar." She said softly looking up at him. He smirked and winked at her. "Another one you'll admire when we're alone." Maleficent chuckled. "Speaking of alone." She raised her hand to her stomach and checked on the growing babe. She smiled when her magic turned into a pinkish-purple color. "I'm guessing it's okay." Diaval said happily. Maleficent smiled up at him and gave him a soft loving kiss. "You should check on the girls." Diaval said caressing her cheek softly. Maleficent nodded, took his hand, and walked towards the carriage.

"Dakota, what's wrong?" Gina asked. Dakota blinked and turned her head to look at her sister. "It was just, too easy, you know, like a storm, it starts calmly and then later it turns into a hurricane." Gina raised her eyebrows in question. "That's an interesting theory. And if that was calm I don't want to know what a hurricane is." She said smiling. "It's just, it was easy, that's all. Did you forget already Gina?" Dakota said looking back up at the sky. Gina frowned and looked towards the horizon. "No, no I haven't." Dakota sat up, wincing at the pain her shoulder gave her. "This field has memories. Me and Maleficent would always race from the moors the the castle entrance. We would usually end I'm a tie. Sometimes Diaval would turn into a dragon and give us a ride. Though Maleficent would just jump off and fly with him. Me and Arietta would just stare at them and whisper things to each other." She said, smiling at those moments where everything was peaceful and quiet. "Yes, I still wonder what it is you two would say to each other." Came Maleficent's voice. "Still won't tell you." Dakota smirked. Maleficent chuckled. "Well, at least let me heal you. You look like you just came out of a fight." She said sarcastically. "I wonder why that is." Dakota said smiling. Maleficent chuckled and used her magic to heal the wounds. After that she moved on to Gina. "I might have a broken rib or two in here so please go easy on me." She said. Maleficent chuckled and nodded. "Alright, hold still." She heard a bone crack back into position and Gina gasped and then her bruises disappeared. "That felt weird I'm so many ways." Gina said. Maleficent laughed and patted her shoulder. "You'll get used to it. Now, where's Philip?" She said. "I'll get him." Diaval said walking up to the group of soldiers where Philip was standing looking down at a pile of bodies. "Your Majesty, my queen asks for you." He said smiling. "Oh God, Diaval don't ever call me that again." Philip said with a look of horror in his eyes. Diaval chuckled and started walking with him back to the carriage. "What does her highness wish to tell me." Philip said smiling at Maleficent and giving a bow. "Oh Philip, no need to be formal here for heaven's sake." Maleficent said rolling her eyes. Philip smiled, "Us men should always be formal to a lady, especially a queen." Diaval smirked and chuckled. "I've taught you well." Maleficent raised and eyebrow and looked at him. "What?" Diaval said laughing. "Philip let me see your wounds." Maleficent said ignoring Diaval. "Yes of course." Philip said taking his armor off. Maleficent examined them and healed them slowly. "Your highness-" Maleficent gave him a stern look, "I mean Maleficent, would it bother you if I asked if you could heal my men. They do have some wounds that look very bad." Philip said, hoping she would say yes. "Of course Philip, they did well today." Maleficent said smiling. After she finished healing him she stepped back and told him to call them over one by one. After that they decided to go back to the castle. Diaval morphed into a horse and they tied some reins on him and he pulled the carriage, with a bit of help from Maleficent's magic, all the way to the castle where Aurora awaited with Arietta and William.

"Mommy!" Arietta said running to Maleficent and giving her a tight hug. "Did you stop them mommy?" Maleficent smiled and kissed her head. "Yes sweetheart, we did stop them." Aurora walked up and hugged her as well. "I'm glad you're okay." Philip came forward smiling, "What about me?" He said. Aurora chuckled and went to hug him and give him a kiss. "Now Philip I never took you for the jealous type." Maleficent smirked. "Me, jealous, impossible." He said smiling. "Dad!" William yelled running to him and giving him a hug. Diaval walked up in his horse form and nudged Maleficent on the side. "What was that for?" She said chuckling. Diaval morphed into his human form giving her a stern look. "So no one cares about me?" He said. Maleficent smirked and rolled her eyes. "Oh great, its contagious." She said smiling. Diaval furrowed he's eyebrows and turned away. "Oh Diaval stop being so dramatic." Maleficent said hugging him from behind. "No, and it's not gonna work this time so don't try it." He said. Maleficent smirked and walked around him and wrapped her arms around his neck. "Really now?" She came closer and whispered in his ear. "Are you sure?" She looked at Aurora and winked at her making her chuckle. She raised her hand up behind Diaval's neck and caressed the sweet spot his nape had knowing this would calm him as a bird and man, or any animal for that matter. He tensed and then relaxed. Maleficent smirked and then smiled and kissed his cheek. "She knows him too well." Aurora said smiling. Arietta giggled and ran to her father, hugging his legs. "Not trying to ruin this moment but um, it's almost dark and I'm still here." Dakota said worriedly. "Where will you go?" Gina asked. "I don't know. Somewhere far." Dakota said softly. Maleficent leaned into Diaval which made him wrap his arms around her waist. She let go of him and walked up to Dakota. Her eyes glazed over and she hugged her tight. Dakota hugged her back with as much love. Aurora walked up and hugged her as well. Gina, Philip, Diaval and Arietta and William not far behind. "To think it would've been easy running off to keep your family safe." Dakota said.

(Song: Whisper of Hope by GothicStorm) (Hear it if you want while you read this part)
"I guess this is goodbye, for now." Dakota said sadly. The peasants walking about going back to their homes. "What's the use of running off if you'll just find your way back anyways?" Gina said softly. "It'll give you more time to prepare." Dakota said smiling. Aurora took Gina's hand and smiled at her. "Dakota, can you promise to not hurt anyone." Arietta said looking up at her. Dakota smiled and kneeled down to her height. "I can try." She said softly, hugging her. "Hey you, take care of her will you?" She said to William who nodded his head. "Alright, are you ready?" Maleficent said. Dakota nodded and looked back at her family. She smiled at them before Maleficent used her magic to put her to sleep. She sprung to the air and flew as far as she could from the castle. Somewhere deep and dark.

After hours of flying she found a perfect spot, laid Dakota down on the ground softly, and with her magic formed a chain for her neck. A tear rolled down her cheek, "Please don't give up. Don't let evil win. I know you're strong enough to overcome this curse. My dear child, I won't abandon you. If I could reverse this curse I would've done so a long time ago. Stay strong, be the brave girl I know you are. For your sister, for Aurora and Philip, for Diaval and I, and for Arietta. Do it for us, the day I met you, I never thought you would change my life. I can't imagine what it would've been like if you weren't there the day those men attacked me. I thank you for that, for I would've crawled back into the same hole a fell in. Dakota no matter what, even if I have to die, I'll protect you, I'll love you till the time comes. I promise. We love you Dakota, don't forget that." She said, tears pouring from her eyes. She caressed Dakota's cheek one last time and stood up, wiping her tears away. She turned away and shot for the sky, the moon was almost up, turning a bit red. She flew as fast as she could to the castle, running into Diaval's arms. He held her till her cries disappeared. Philip, Aurora and William stayed with Gina and Arietta in the family room, comforting them until they calmed down.
____________________________________________________________

Diaval sat on a couch caressing the head of his lover. She stopped crying 30 minutes ago and sat in his arms, head laid on his shoulder. "I promised her I would protect her Diaval. Even if I had to die." She said quietly. Diaval looked at her and caressed her cheek. "Then I will as well." He said kissing her softly. After a few minutes they stood up and walked into the family room. "Now what do we do Godmother?" Aurora asked softly. "Now we start the plan. You all know what to do." Maleficent said. Everyone stood up and went off to do what they had to do. Aurora went down to the village with a few soldiers and gathered the peasants with Arietta and William into the secret base where they were safe. Philip gathered his knights and soldiers at the front gates telling them to be prepared for anything and also to not her Dakota which could appear at any second. "Where would we take her?" Diaval asked Maleficent who was looking at Gina who was looking out unto the horizon. "The castle isn't safe, which is were Dakota will look first." Maleficent looked at him and back at Gina. "The Moors seems like a good place. We'll have to hide my kind though." She said softly. "Gina." She called out. Gina came forward, listening carefully. "We will go to the Moors. From there we will hide you in a safe place, you will stay hidden and we'll protect you from your sister. She will look here first. Diaval will grab something with your scent and fly to different areas to stall her. We'll give you her clothes to wear so your scent won't be detected. The clothes are in your room. Put them on and meet us at the castle doors." Maleficent said. Gina nodded and went on with the task that was given to her.

"Ready?" Maleficent asked Gina. "As I'll ever be." Gina said smiling. Maleficent nodded and shot to the sky. Gina morphed into a wolf and ran after her. Diaval flew the other way, straight into the mountains. "Balthazar!" Maleficent called. He appeared in an instant and bowed to her. "Balthazar I need your help. I need you to hide all the faes, keep them safe. And whatever you do, don't let Dakota get to them." She said sternly. Balthazar nodded and looked at Gina. "This is her sister, we will be protecting her. Now go, keep the Moors safe." Balthazar nodded, stood up and walked into the trees. Before he could disappear he turned around and said in his tree language, "It's good to see you." and turned back to do his task. Maleficent looked at Gina who was looking rather curious at the tree warrior. She smiled and took her hand. "Come, we will go to your hiding spot." She said. Gina nodded and walked with her to safety.

Back in the unknown forest slept a wolf. The moon was high, full and almost red. Time ticked slowly until the moon was blood red. The light from the moon rose over the sleeping wolf whose eyes snapped open, red, furious and clouded by hatred.
_______________________________________________________
Hey guys, sorry I haven't updated for awhile. My grandma died last week and had to travel PR for her burial. Hard to say goodbye but happy cause I know she's in a better place now.
I did improve on my Spanish though XD
Please leave votes or comments.
Sad to say the story will be finishing soon, I've had fun writing it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

441K 10.4K 35
Every fifty years a girl from her village is chosen to be the mate of a werewolf. Myah goes to her friend's house during "The Night Of The Chose...
610 8 28
A wolf pup wakes up in a forest all alone with no.memories when she suddenly gets a vision causing her to meet a mysterous wolf named Idex. He takes...
3.3M 156K 64
What happens when you wake up and find yourself in Disney World, however, the female leads are males, and the plotline is much darker than you rememb...
427K 9.1K 15
Tala was the outcast of her pack. All she wanted was to get away from the pack that didn't accept her. She's dealing day to day with being one of a k...