The Friendly Reality (Harry S...

By aabbhhiiee

A guy and a girl can be just friends, but at one point or another, they will fall for each other.. Maybe temp... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Arrival
Chapter 2: Meeting Her
Chapter 3: Hang Out
Chapter 4: Bestfriends
Chapter 5: The Audition
Chapter 6: Adjustment Period
Chapter 7: Meeting the Boys
Chapter 8: Busy Schedule
Chapter 9: Harry's Issues
Chapter 10: Unbelievable
Chapter 11: Me & Her
Chapter 12: Mood Swing
Chapter 13: The Reveal
Chapter 14: Still Trying
Author's Note
UPDATE!!
Chapter 15: The Wedding
Chapter 16: Stargazing
Chapter 17: Months Ago (A Flashback Chapter)
Chapter 18: Back With the Boys
Chapter 19: Damn It (A Flashback Chapter)
Chapter 21: It's Still You
Chapter 22: Please Understand (A Flashback Chapter)
Chapter 23: Adventure Time
Chapter 24: A Time For Us
Chapter 25: Everything has Changed
Chapter 26: Much Better
Chapter 27: Preparations
Chapter 28: I Don't Regret It
Chapter 29: Clear Things Out
Chapter 30: Misconception
Chapter 31: Climax
Chapter 32: The Moment I Knew
Author's Note
Chapter 33: Finally
Chapter 34: Just Go With It
Chapter 35: One Step Closer
Epilogue

Chapter 20: Girl's Night Out

619 23 2
By aabbhhiiee

Note: Dedicated to @TheCoumie. Seriously, Left Alone To Cry is an awesome story! HAhaha i can't imagine if that literally happens. i could just die. ily darling xx

Chapter 20:

Girl's Night Out

(Eleanor's POV)

To: Abbie Xx; Danielle Xx 

Gurls. Where are you? Perrie's about to finish the entire tea served here in the lounge. Lol

From: Abbie Xx 

I'll be there in 5! Just got caught in traffic. Leave some for me!

From: Danielle Xx 

Almost there! Wait up momma ;)

The plane leaves in two hours, giving us enough time to wait for these two gals. Believe it or not, they've been sending the same text messages for the past 30 minutes.

Beside me was Perrie, who was sitting with both her legs up on the sofa. "Is it just me or am I really that excited we'd be doing this again? This is going to be amazing! Ain't that right darlin'?"

"You are in fact correct!" I gave her a wink and we both laughed.

We were headed to Spain today where we decided to spend our vacation. I had me three weeks off before I finish college. Perrie's got just about two weeks, same thing as Danielle. Abbie's got.. I don't really know. We haven't had a long conversation ever since things blew off with her and Niall.

The lounge's front doors flew open and in came this gorgeous raven-headed girl whose hair was up in a not-so-messy pony tail that made her look very beautiful. She wore a high-waisted ombre shorts matched with a sleeveless denim top tucked in it.

Perrie ran to give her a hug. "Oh my gosh I thought you weren't gonna make it!" She practically screamed at our newly arrived best friend.

"Talk about exaggeration! I missed you too Perrie! Where's Eli?" Abbie turned to face me and I saw complete happiness in her eyes as she dragged Perrie along for a group hug.

I missed this girl so bad! "Oh I've been waiting for this moment long enough!"

"And I can't believe I'm finally here!"

"Girl you're wearing the jimmy choos I gave you!" I looked down at her flip flops that supported her feet. She laughed and made a sexy pose.

"Where's Dani?" She asked, getting comfy on her seat.

I poured in some Jasmine tea into her cup as I spoke, "She'll be here any minute now-"

"Daniiiiii!!!"

We turned around to see Perrie hugging Danielle as she pulled her luggage behind her.

"Told yah!"

"Where's Abbie?" Danielle shifted her gaze towards us and she, just like Perrie, practically screamed and gave us a hug.

We all chatted for some time until the announcement came for us to start boarding our flight. We were all in first class, Abbie and I sitting together, while Perrie and Danielle were side by side.

"How's it going with you?" I asked her as she tried to open the window cover that seemed to be cruel enough not to let itself slide up.

"Highschool was one hell of an adjustment for me. It's hard to know who's real and who's not."

"Oh I feel you darling. Been there, done that. It's nice to have Louis supporting me all the time."

I saw her give me a little smile. I think I might have offended her. She's probably thinking about Niall now. I'm sure she's still hurt because we all are. It's hard to see your friends be upset about things.

"You two really deserve each other. I'm just so happy for you." She let out a sigh.

"Thanks." I replied. "What happened between you two?"

"Who?"

"Harry. I am talking about Harry. Wow. And I thought we're on the same page."

She chukles lightly, giving me a little push, "Oh Harry? He's been calling me for some time." Now she gives me back another sarcastic reply.

"Girl you know that's not what I'm talking about. Do you really want me to say his name out loud?"

"Niall? You owe us a back story." Danielle enters the conversation as she peeked through the space between our seats.

That Christmas eve was the time I found out Abbie and Niall weren't together anymore. I mean Louis was too dumb not to try and stop me from saying her name on the phone call and it ended up with Niall being upset about it.

She took in deep breaths before the story-telling began. Throughout the flight, we exchanged thoughts on our reaction towards her ex-boyfriend. He was indeed mean. I'm glad Louis hasn't given up on me despite the hate both of us are receiving. Same thing with what Zayn is doing for Perrie. It was sweet how he would be on secret flights once a week just so he can see her, and then be back just before the rehearsals.

"Maybe Niall has a reason why he did it. You can't blame their fame." Perrie says.

She bowed down, her fingers playing with the hem of her shorts, "But still. What would you feel when someone denies you as his girl? In front of the world? Wouldn't that hurt you?"

Everyone nodded and her words hit us.

"What about Harry? He's your best friend and he seems really proud of you. You once had hidden feelings so why not try?" Danielle suggested, tying her hair up in a bun.

Abbie shook her head, "There's a scary thing about that. It's easy to turn friendship into love, but when things don't work out, it's hard to turn love back to friendship."

"What if things work out?" Danielle questioned emphasizing on my first two words.

"Yeah, what if you don't?" I back het me up, understanding what she was trying to imply.

"And what if she's still in love with Niall?" This statement by Perrie lead to an awkward silence. I saw Abbie's facial expression change as she got lost in her thoughts.

"Are you still in love with him after what he did?"

We are now on our final approach to Madrid International Airport. Please keep your seat-belts securely fastened and your window covers up. Cabin crew, take off stations.

The timing is just PER-FECT.

A shuttle was waiting for us just in time we exited the airport. People were staring at us as we pulled our luggages behind us, probably wondering if we have our boyfriends with us. Well they're incorrect... For now.

(Abbie's POV)

"Here is the key for your suite. Enjoy your stay in España!" The receptionist exclaimed as she called on a bellhop to bring our suitcases up our room.

The hotel was a large one. It's lobby had a center fountain that reached up to the third floor. Antique lamps lit the hallways that led to six elevators. The ground was neatly carpeted and we were tempted to take off our shoes as soon as we got to our floor just so we can feel the softness of it.

Inside our suite were five large beds distributed into three rooms- two in the first two rooms, and one in the third room that had a beautiful balcony overseeing the sights of Madrid.

"So what do you guys want to do today?" Perrie asks, jumping on the bed that had a fluffy white comforter.

Eleanor lay beside her, her head on her stomach, "I just want to hang out in this splendid room!"

"Can we unpack our things for the meantime? We don't want this room to get all messy you know." Danielle was having a hard time taking off her gladiator shoes so I kindly knelt down on the floor to give her a hand.

"Thanks Ab."

"Sure thing!" I sat on the carpet and stretched out my legs so it can be perpendicular to my upper body. "Who's taking this room's closet?"

Perrie bolted upright, "I am! Eleanor and I are sharing."

"I'll take the one in the big room!" Danielle insists and I saw Eleanor glare at her, making her change her mind. "I mean I'll just use the second one instead."

I shook my unconfirmed thoughts away and just gave in to the idea of me taking the big room.

It took us the entire day to put our things in the closets, which were so big it could fit 10 people. Literally.

I was unpacking alone in my room when I suddenly felt uneasy with all these questions bothering my mind. First of all, why the hell would the girls be reserving a room as big as this when we'd all be sleeping together? Second, why do they want me to have my closet in the big room? And third, this morning they were eager to tour the city, but why do they suddenly want to stay in the hotel instead?

I want you to rock me! Rock me! Rock me-e-e! Harry Handsome Styles calling. I want you to hit the pedal heavy metal show me you care! Harry Handsome Styles calling. I want you to rock me! Rock me! Rock me-e-e!

I've got to change this ringtone!

Hi this is Abbie. Sorry I won't be able to attend to you right now. If you got news about Nick Jonas then feel free to leave a message after the beep! Beeeeeep.

Yes, I know. I was too lazy to stand up that I had to let my phone do the work.

"I know you're there. You'd never miss a phone call. Believe me, I know you too well. It's either you're taking a long shower, picturing you in my mind.."

Wait- what the hell- that pervert!

"..Or you're just too lazy to get your ass off the floor! So if you don't pick this up-"

"I hate you." I grab my phone and I heard him laugh on the next line as I expressed my thought.

"Yeah, I love you too. Are you alright?" There was the television sound topping his voice and I couldn't understand him fully.

"Wait-what? I'm fine. Why'd you call?"

"I can't hear you!!" This time I could sense his mouth was pressed on the mouthpiece. I opened the glass door and stepped out to the balcony, thinking that I might be having bad reception inside.

"Hello? You there? Abbie? Love?" He's being too annoying now.

"Well if you lower down the volume of the television we might actually hear each other!"

The noise dropped down, "Sorry 'bout that."

"Whatever. Why'd you call? We haven't seen each other for about a week." The summer wind brushed up against my face and the smell of Great Spain was very pleasing.

"Seems long and I already miss you too much."

"You gotta do better than that if you want to make up for those 9 months you tried to forget about me."

"Are you sure I'm the only one who tried to forget about us?" His emphasis was really obvious.

My fingers twisted with a lock of my hair as I spoke, "I never forgot about you Haz. I never forgot about us."

"So are you actually saying there used to be an us? Oh shit-"

"I never said anything like that!"

"Love, you just did-"

"Did not-"

"I can't believe I used to date my best friend."

"What the bloody hell!. We never dated! That was just one ki-"

"Op! You just mentioned our kiss! Didn't forget about that still, huh?"

"I wasn't even finished with my sentence! I was going to say kip! We kipped together and that doesn't count 'cause nothing happened!"

"So if something happened, you'd consider us dating? You know just because I sleep with girls doesn't mean I'm dating-"

"WHAT NO! Seriously you have to stop!" My hand took a tight grip on the railing from annoyance.

He chuckles loudly, "Just kidding, babe. So how's Spain?"

"We haven't toured the city yet. Yesterday the girls were going gaga about shopping the moment we arrive. Now they suddenly got lazy. Unusual of them to do so." I heard the room's door shut but I didn't turn around thinking that the wind just blew it.

"You'll see."

"Huh?-"

"Louis needs me. Have to go. Bye!"

"Harr-"

The call ended. You've got to be kidding me. These people are seriously hiding something from me. I turned around to go back to the room and was surprised to see three girls lying on the huge bed, staring at me with smirks plastered on their faces. Were they here all this time?

"Was that Niall?" Perrie asks, breaking the awkward silence.

"Or maybe it's Harry?" Eleanor adds, her eyebrows moving up and down.

Avoiding eye contact, I proceeded to picking up the clothes left on the floor. "Ahh!" I shrieked as I felt fingers grab my sides and tickle me. "Danielle, stoooop! Pleeaase!"

"You're blushing! Oh my gosh! Now who called?" She continued on tickling me and we both fell on the floor with laughters bursting all over the room.

"It was.. Ahhh! I won't tell you if you don't stop!" Finally she did. "It was my best friend."

"Told you it was Harry." She glares at Eleanor who eventually rolled her eyes.

(Eleanor's POV)

Our clothes were finally put in order. Just when we were about to help Abbie, because we know she'd be alone, we heard her talking to someone on the phone. We sneaked in the room and there she was, standing on the balcony, her legs twisted as she stood controlling her balance.

"I never said anything like that!" She said, raising her voice a bit. "Did not-" She paused for quite some time like the other person was arguing with her. "I wasn't even finished with my sentence! I was going to say kip! We kipped together and that doesn't count 'cause nothing happened!"

"I think that's Niall." I whispered to the two other girls who were busy tucking themselves in the bed.

Danielle now had her stomach down with her elbows on her chin, "I doubt that. That should be Harry. Niall wouldn't call her. Remember, he's reserving."

Just then the wind blew the door closed. "Perrie I told you to close it!" Danielle exclaimed silently.

Perrie put her peace-signs up, "Sorry!"

The blames were all over when we saw Abbie turn around, definitely surprised to see us there.

(Abbie's POV)

We had a pillow fight after that, and when we were all sweaty and exhausted, each took turns in taking a warm shower. They decided to eat in the hotel. I can't believe they decided this on their own without asking for my suggestion. It would have been nice to tour this city at night.

The elevator doors opened and I was faced with this five-star restaurant whose lighting were much more romantic than fun. The last time I ate this fancy was when I was with Niall.

Shoot. Now I'm thinking about him again.

"Hey girl. What does Mars look like?" Perrie's hand was moving up and down in front of my face.

I snapped out of my imagination, "Sorry! Just thinking." They let out giggles, making me realize that I am one of the most luckiest girls in the world to be best friends with these beautiful young ladies. I just don't understand while people had to hate them- why they have to hate us.

"Can we order now?" I questioned, noticing that they've been looking at the menu for more than 10 minutes.

"Not yet." Eleanor says, raising her index finger.

"Please?" I begged since my tummy was growling for something to digest.

"Not yet." This time it was Perrie.

I pouted, my bangs falling and covering my left eye, "What-why? You girls are usually the ones who know what to order without even looking at the menu. Please- I'm starving."

Eleanor looked at me once more, "Not yet."

"Why? Can anybody please tell me why you've all been acting so weird?" They didn't respond. "If you don't order, then I-"

"I'll order for you." Someone cuts me off.

That accent. It seemed familiar. It's not British, Australian, Filipino, nor French. His tone was calm and sweet, I could listen to him forever. I turned around to the sound of his voice, and there I saw the person whom I thought I'd never get to see again- the person whom I thought has forgotten about me.. about us. Now he's here, hair stiffened up on top of his head, suit neatly pressed on his features, his sea blue eyes locked on me.

"Hi Abbie."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

210K 6K 81
He does something to me, that boy. Every time. It's his only detriment. He steps on my heart. He makes me cry.
24K 357 30
After Skylar Raimer goes through a horrible tragedy involving her parents' deaths she runs into the one and only Harry Styles. They hit it off from t...
1.3K 110 37
What happens when Emily a normal girl bullied bye Skyler bumps in to Louis Tomlinson and their friends meet. Will they fall in love or will everythi...
478 34 7
After all this time...they're still into each other. (For lack of a better description. Oops, sorry.) (HMNI Trilogy) © 2014 oddbookworm. All Rights R...