The Loss of War

By Newt4Life

- Takes place in between Attack of The Clones and The Revenge of The Sith. 22 BBY - 19 BBY The 3rd Book in th... More

LISTEN UP
Gem Squad
Caleb Dume

Memories

2.5K 122 108
By Newt4Life

~22.2 BBY~

Jade (first person)

About two days after Caleb and I went to Ryloth we were sent on a special mission. There was a rumor that a pirate there had been able to figure out where a secret weapon is. A weapon that could destroy a whole battalion of soldiers in one shot. 

We could not let the weapon fall into Separatist hands so Caleb and I were being sent to the planet, Takodana to visit a castle owned by the smuggler.

As we landed on the planet the first thing we noticed was how much green there was. It was a beautiful planet with lots of lakes and grasslands. We landed on one side of the lake and were able to see the Castle on the other side. It was really quite beautiful, the intriguing stonework all the way up.

"So what's this pirate's name?" Caleb asked, looking at me as we stood side by side staring at the lake.

"You'll know when you see her." I smiled at him.

"Have you met her before?" Caleb asked uneasily, there was a weird disturbance in the Force here. It could've just been because this is the meeting place for most smugglers.

I thought for a minute, "Once. Very briefly, she is an acquired taste so let me do most the talking." I told him, making my way towards the castle.

Once you walked through a stone arch, you came into this courtyard that had a few flags hanging from the walls, not many. Maybe two or three. 

I quickly noticed one of them, I froze in my place staring at it. How the hell did she get that?

"What's wrong?" Caleb asked me, staring at the flags above us.

"That flag," I pointed, "that was the flag of the podrace Anakin was in about ten years ago. How did she get that?"

I shook the thought out of my head and continued towards the door. As soon as we walked in, you could hear music but only barely because of all the talking the people were doing.

Almost everyone in the room turned their heads to look at us. I had completely forgotten that we look like Jedi. I didn't think Jedi were welcome here.

In the middle of the room there was a circle bar. On the other side of the bar I could hear a voice call out, "Jade Terrano!"

I squinted my eyes to find the person who called my name. I quickly spotted her, she wobbled over. She was wearing goggles that were connected to a head piece rather than in the middle above her nose. She stared at me for a second, "You must be Jade."

"That's right. We met once, when I was very little, Obi-wan came here with our Masters to find a pirate who had stolen from the Order." I told her, putting my hands together.

"Ah yes! I remember that! Come, sit." She said, quickly walking passed me and sitting at a table in the corner. We all sat around the table, "So, why are you here? For the location of the weapon I-" She suddenly stopped talking.

"Your eyes...." She mumbled to herself.

I looked at Caleb uneasily and then back to her and ignored what she had said, "This is Caleb, Caleb meet Maz Kanata."

She wouldn't stop staring at me though and started a whole rant, "I have been alive for so long that I have seen the same eyes in different people... You..." She mumbled off. She twisted something on her head piece which caused the glass on her goggles to magnify. 

She got up out of her chair and walked across the table to mine, taking my hand in both of her small ones. "You say you belong to the Order but we both know what you really are.."

"What?" I asked curiously, I had no idea what she was talking about.

She walked back to her seat snapping her fingers, "Oh why can't I remember..." She went on, trying to remember something, "You Jedi have a name for them."

Caleb looked more confused as ever and so did I. "I have no idea what you're talking about.."

She snapped her fingers one more time, "A Gray Jedi! Yes, yes, that's what you are!" She said excitedly.

My eyes widened, "Me? A Gray Jedi?" 

"Wait, what's a Gray Jedi?" Caleb asked.

I placed my head in my hand and leaned against the table, "It's a um, it's basically someone who walks between the Light Side and Dark Side, I think they have an order but no one has seen nor heard from them for hundreds of years. They believe that to keep the balance in the Force, they must be part Light Side and part Dark Side without fully succumbing to the Dark Side."

Maz smacked her hand on the table, "That's exactly what you are, I have met a few Gray Jedi in my time, most of them are Jedi in the Order who don't even know they are Gray Jedi. But I can see it, you have a good amount of Dark Side in you as well."

"There's such thing as a good amount of Dark Side?" Caleb asked, "Jedi aren't supposed to be anywhere near the Dark Side."

"Wait, how do you even know about the Dark Side?" I asked Maz, most common people who weren't Jedi didn't know about the Dark Side since the Jedi tried to hide it, we didn't want people getting confused with the Sith and the Jedi.

"I've been alive even longer than Master Yoda, I know things you'll never know." She says, a smirk on her face.

"Right, well. We came for the location of the weapon, where is it?" I asked her, tired of hearing her gibberish.

"Hmm... why should I give it to the Jedi?" She asked, staring between Caleb and I.

"Because if the Separatists get it, it won't be good for anyone. The Jedi plan to destroy it." I told her, trying to convince her.

"Hmm... I don't know the exact location but I know it's on Endor." She told me, leaning back in her chair.

"Endor? Why Endor?" I asked, such a random planet.

"Because no one would've thought to look there." She says simply, standing up to walk us to the door.

We follow her to the entrance and she opens the door for us, "Thank you." I told her.

"Hmm... You're welcome." She says, her eyes squinting at me.

We started to walk out but she grabbed my arm causing me to turn around and look down at the small, shrivel woman. "Don't deny what you are."

I then became angry, "I am a Jedi, no more, no less. I am no Gray Jedi."

I yanked my arm away and walked out behind Caleb, she really was an acquired taste. But she made me think, she made me think about the Gray Jedi. They used to have a public Order back in the Sith Wars but ever since the Jedi took our place in Coruscant no one has heard from the Gray Jedi in ages. 

Although it is still a term for the Jedi. Master Qui-gon was often known as a Gray Jedi because of how he always acted outside of the Jedi Order. 

There was a Jedi that left the Order around five years ago, they were considered a Gray Jedi because when they left, they told the Council that they were done with their rules and way of life without emotion. 

I couldn't say I blamed them to be honest with myself. 

"Jade, do you sense that?" Caleb stopped in front of me causing me to snap out of my thoughts and almost run into him.

Then I felt it, we were right next to our ship in a small clearing that was surrounded by bushes. As soon as I saw a couple bushes rustle I instantly pulled out both my lightsabers. I spun them around with each wrist.

Then the droids came out of the bushes. There were about twenty standard ones along with about ten super droids.

"Caleb, get in the ship and take off..." I told him.

"But what about you?" He asked as the droids got closer.

"I'll be fine, go." I spun my lightsabers around a few times as the droids started speaking.

"You're under arrest Jedi scum!" The one with yellow stripes on him said.

As soon as Caleb ran into the ship, they started shooting. I started deflecting all the lasers off of my lightsabers right back at them.

I jumped and spun on my side towards some droids, spinning my lightsabers with my body and hitting about three of their heads off. 

As I was destroying the droids I yelled to Caleb, "Caleb, take off!"

I was just going to jump onto the ramp when he took off, easy.

The ship next to me and the droids flew up about ten feet in the air, most of the droids were destroyed and I was about to jump went ten destroyers rolled out along with Count Dooku who walked towards me with his lightsaber out.

I looked at him, my chest heaving up and down. I knew I stood no chance so I deactivated my lightsabers and dropped them, raising my hands up in a surrender.

I looked at Caleb through the main window of the ship and mouthed, 'go, run.'

He got a look of guilt on his face before the ship left, flying over the lake.

"Ah, Jade, I'm glad we got to see each other again since our last meeting, how's your rib?" He asked with a smirk on his face.

"Just fine." I spat at him.

He used the Force to bring my lightsabers to him and held them in one hand, examining them.

I quickly looked around, trying to figure out what to do. I looked from my lightsabers to the droids all around me and quickly figured out a plan. I guess Dooku saw what I was planing and as I stepped forward to run towards him, he used the Force to lift me in the air about three feet off the ground and then slam me against a large tree that was ten feet behind me.

My head hit the tree before my body did and that was the last thing I remembered before I woke up.

When I woke up, I was in the same bindings I was in when Obi-wan and I were captured on Geonosis. Although the walls were made out of metal instead.

Someone will come get me, somebody will come rescue me, I thought. It wasn't going to be Obi-wan or Anakin since they were both all the way across the Galaxy with only half a fleet left last time I checked.

I looked around the room, there were no exits except for the one door in front of me that looks as though it would slide up. The metal designs of the walls reminded me of a Separatist ship. I assumed I was aboard one of them.

The door slid open causing my head to jolt up and look at who walked in.

Dooku along with a few assassin droids and a man who I had never seen before walk down the few steps in front of me. The droids surround me while Dooku and the other man look at me.

"Ahh, Jade. You look comfortable." Count Dooku told me, an evil grin on his face that made me want to punch him.

I just lowered my head and looked at the ground, "What do you want?"

He walked around me, "Well, you see, we need the entrance code to the Holocron vault at the Temple."

"If I could facepalm, I would." I said in my usual, joking manner.

Holocrons were little boxes that kept Jedi secrets, plans, coordinates, wisdom, advice or anything a Jedi wanted to put in there in Hologram form. They took the Force to be able to open and only Jedi Masters had to code to go into the Holocron vault. We still had some ancient Holocrons from the Sith Wars thousands of years ago, they were too important to lose.

"You could answer the question, or my friend here, could get it out of you." Count Dooku told me.

"Alright," I said while rolling my eyes, "The code is One, Two, Three, Four, Five"

"I don't have time for your games, Jade." Dooku said walking back in front of me, obviously made at me.

"You definitely picked the wrong person to capture then." I looked at him blankly.

He connected his hands behind his back and turned around, he whispered to the man and then walked out.

I examined the man, he had a scar running around his face with an eyepatch on his right eye. He had a bandage covering his left forearm and a bionic leg.

"Well, haven't you been through a lot." I say with a sarcastic tone, trying to keep myself positive.

"To find the best way to torture somebody," He began, setting down the case he walked in holding, "one must have a reliable test subject."

He opened the case to find a number of tools, some that I had never seen before.

"You did this to yourself?" I asked, my eyebrows furrowing in.

He ignored my question, "We shall begin with the most common method... Electricity?" He laughed with a menacing venom in his voice and a harsh, blood lusting tone.

My face then became serious. I assumed this is why Jedi were supposed to be able to withstand a large amount of pain.

He walked over to me with these small metal discs in his hands, he lifted one up and put it up against the side of stomach. 

I was surprised when the disc grew claw like legs and dug them into my stomach to make sure the disc stayed put. I clenched my teeth as the blood started running.

"At any point in time you may tell me the code and everything will stop hurting." He told me, looking me straight in the eyes.

I decided to distract myself right before he put the next disc on my other side, "So, I assume you do this a lot?"

Its claws stuck into my side and I let out one heavy exhale.

"I've done this enough times to know that you're trying to distract yourself and that I shouldn't talk to you because I'm only helping you." He told me, looking at the other disc in his hands.

He moved where the disc was going to go all around, taunting me to where he'll place it. I already knew though, I sensed it and wasn't happy about it.

(A/N I'm switching to third person cause it'll be easier.)

Third Person -

The man twirled the disc in his hands before placing it directly on her chest, right underneath her neck. You could almost hear the claws scraping against the bone as they stuck into her.

She let out a breathless, quick and painful scream. Once all three discs were in place, he stepped back and took a stick with a button on the top in his hand. He turned to her, "Do you want to tell me the code now?"

Her head lowered, "No, never." She replied.

Before he was about to press the button her head rose, she looked at him and as she spoke it was like you could see the fire coming out of her mouth, "You should know that you don't want to see me angry, I've never been angry before but the times that I have been near it my full power comes out and when I escape this place you will be the first on my list to arrest and I hope you resist me because then as a Jedi I'll have the right to kill you."

He tilts his head, looking at her in confusion before taking his thumb away from the button, "Aren't Jedi not supposed to feel anger? Or any emotion?"

She smirked and tilted her head slightly, a crazy look in her eyes, "I have learned to control both my Dark Side and Light Side, I walk on the Light Side without ever going near the Dark Side no matter how angry I get, I have spent my entire life learning this power. You must know, there is nothing you can do to get me to tell you the entrance code to the Holocron vault. Nothing."

He stood there for a second before pressing the button. Electricity pumped through her body like wildfire, spreading pain wherever it went. She bit her tongue to stop from crying out. 

He held down the button longer this time, she did the same thing, Jedi Knights' pain tolerance was tested using electricity so this wasn't much to her.

He then set the button down and walked back over to his case grabbing a bag of darts and a knife. She saw them and attempted to move back on instinct but remembered she couldn't.

"If you don't tell me the code... I'm going to bring you to the brink of death over and over again until you do." The man said, sharpening the knife.

Jade thought for a second before looking up at him one last time, "I would never betray the Jedi Code."

He sighed, walking forward with the darts in his hands, maybe ten of them. He was tosses them back and forth between hands, the metal hit each other each time making a rattling noise. 

Without second thought he quickly stabbed one into her thighs causing her to actually scream this time. Her head dropped as she looked down at the dart sticking in her leg. It was a small needle point but it hurt nonetheless.

"The Jedi don't care about you, they're corrupt. Why else haven't they come for you yet?" He told her, trying to get inside her head.

"You're wrong." She told him as he stabbed another dart into her other thigh.

This went on for what felt like hours for Jade but was really only ten minutes. As he picked up the knife she started whispering to herself, it was in a language the man didn't know.

"Dovanoti tave ones tu nulis." She whispered, over and over again.

(A/N) Jade - First Person

I didn't even know what I was saying for about thirty seconds, I didn't even know what language I was speaking but I could speak it as clear as day.

Dovanoti tave ones tu nulis, I thought, over and over again.

Finally, visions started appearing in my mind. The first one was of Teegan and myself, I remembered this moment, it was one of my favorites with Teegan.

We had been on a mission and were escaping from this billionaires house. We were in his dining room when we both felt a blaster to our heads.

We raised our hands in defeat but Teegan was laughing.

"Why are you laughing, boy?!" One of the men asked.

This caused me to start laughing as well, the men looked at each other like we were crazy. While they were distracted, I quickly used the Force to bring a glass of wine to me from the dining table and splash the wine in the man's face behind me. While I did that, Teegan had elbowed the guy in the face causing him to stumble slightly.

I drank the rest of the wine that was in the glass before taking both of my guy's shoulders and bending him over, kneeing him in the stomach and then bringing him back up and punching him in the face and letting him stumble to the ground.

Teegan had simply done a jumping roundhouse kick in the air and knocked the man out by hitting him in the head with his foot.

We stood there and I walked over to a small mini bar on the side of the room, I poured Teegan and I two shots of rum, as we swallowed them, we highfived.

Then we had to run before more men had come.

When my memory stopped, my eyes opened as the man in front of me had put the tenth dart in, I didn't even feel the pain, although I was starting to get droopy from the blood-loss.

I closed my eyes as the man picked up the knife, trying to think of another memory.

"Obi-wan! Please!" I begged as he started for the entrance of the Jedi Temple.

"Jade, what am I supposed to do without him? He said he taught me everything he could but I can't help but feel like I need more, and now he's gone." He told me, quickly whipping his body around causing me to almost run into him. I had tears in my eyes as we both remember a couple days ago when Qui-gon died.

"What about Anakin?" I whisper-shouted at him, "You promised Qui-gon you would trained him, you can't just leave him here!"

"I- I don' know.." Obi-wan said, lowering his head.

It was dark in the Temple, only a few fire lamps lit around the hallways. 

"Everything here reminds me of him, I can't risk turning to-" Obi-wan began.

"I would never let that happen." I interrupted him, knowing what he was going to say. "What about me? I need you, stay here for me, please."

Only part of it was true and Obi-wan and I both knew it. In a sense, I did need him but it's not like I would turn to the Dark Side if he left.

He raised his head again, his eyes watering up. I grabbed both his shoulders and pulled him closer to me, I wrapped my arms around his neck, standing on my tippy toes.

It took him a second but he soon wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer.

My eyes opened again but this time I was screaming. I couldn't help it, the pain was too much. He had taken the knife and cut down both my arms and on my waist as well.

Everything hurt, it felt as though I couldn't move even if I wasn't bound. I felt too weak to do anything.

My head dropped and I was way too close to giving up than I had liked.

"You're strong but not strong eno-" The man began before the door open and a loud thud of a body was heard.

I didn't even have the strength to lift my head up and see who it was. I heard two lightsabers activate and the sound of droids' bodies clanking to the metal ground.

"Hurry! They know were here!" I heard Gregor's voice say.

I smiled as much as I could. Then the bindings released me and I started dropping to the ground. Before I hit the ground with a thud someone caught me.

"Jade?" Obi-wan's voice asked me, "Jade are you okay?" 

I shook my head as well as I could, the metal discs were still stuck into me and my blood was still pretty bad.

"She doesn't look like she's going to survive much longer, we have to get her back to the ship." Teegan said fro behind me as his lightsabers deactivated.

"Dammit.." I could hear Obi-wan mutter as I was suddenly lifted up, everything hurt to move.

I was just glad I was in Obi-wan's arms.

A/N

CUTE AMIRIGHT? THIS CHAPTER WAS INTENSE AF

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.7K 751 23
Sequel to Little'un With Ahsoka now joined with the sith, and hell-bent on getting revenge on those who have inflicted pain on her. Now all she want...
19.4K 615 33
Part two of my book series Anabeth After Anabeth survives the mission on Mandalore things are rapidly changing around her. As the dark side begins to...
17.6K 589 52
Akya Sagral is no Jedi. Not yet. And in her situation, you'd think she may never get there. Yet, the midichlorians still run through her blood, an...
949K 27.9K 106
| The Wattys 2022 Shortlist | 𝑫𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒐𝒆𝒔 𝒅𝒊𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒅? Taken from an early age from her family in Scarif in the Outer...