The Middle Child

Oleh electric_forest

Having an older brother Dylan (who's annoying), older sister Clarissa (who's a drama queen), younger brother... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue (Chapter 31)

Chapter 12

3.1K 87 53
Oleh electric_forest

{Character in picture: Jason Dolley as Luke Harper}

{Song in video: Fall Out Boy - Sugar, We're Goin Down}

For the past week, me and Seth spent a lot of time together. We went on different dates to the park, woods, diners, and walking around downtown. It was a lot of fun but I decided I would have Seth over at our house so we could hang out and watch movies and TV shows and what not. Dylan was still acting weird about the whole dating best friend's sibling thing, but me and Seth didn't care what he thought of it.

The doorbell rang. "I'll get it!" I exclaimed while running down the stairs. I went over to the front door and opened it.

"Hey," Seth said and grinned at me.

"Hey," I said and grinned back at him.

"Bleh," Dylan said to us as he passed by going to the kitchen.

"Nice to see you too Dylan!" Seth called out to him. We burst out laughing.

I let him come inside and we went in the living room. "So...what do you want to do?" I asked him. "We have Netflix, DVDs, video games, board games..."

"We can just watch something," Seth said. "What are your favorite shows anyways?"

"Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, Adventure Time, The Office, The Flash, Arrow...Yeah those are my favorites. What are yours?"

"The Flash, Arrow, The Office, Family Guy, and Castle."

"Oh okay cool. What do you want to watch right now?" Honestly I'm bad at being a host if it's someone other than Amy and Alexis at my house. I should be a better hostess for my own boyfriend.

"Whatever you want." Me and Seth looked at each other and laughed. I guess Seth didn't like taking charge either.

"Okay let's watch...The Office. We both like it and I haven't seen it in a long time."

"Sounds good to me." He smiled.

I set up Netflix on the TV and we started to watch it. Seth put his arm around me. Things went well for a half an hour until Dylan decided to come in the living room with us.

"'Sup guys," Dylan said casually as he sat next to us on the couch.

"What are you doing here?" I said, looking annoyed.

"This is my house too." He gave me a smirk. "Besides I'm waiting for a friend to come by."

"And what friend is that?" I rolled my eyes. "Cayden? Luke?"

"Nope." He smirked again.

"Whatever." I went back to watching the show.

A few minutes later the doorbell rang. Dylan went up to the door and opened it, "Hey," I heard him say.

I looked up to see Dylan and his friend walk inside.

Wait...is that...

"Cody?!" I exclaimed, almost choking on my own spit. My eyes widened and my mouth dropped open. Cody Phelps, my ex-boyfriend, was standing in my living room with Dylan. Me and him dated last year and only lasted about two months because I found out he cheated on me. Dylan you went too far this time.

"Hey Kyler," Cody said to me, smiling. He had blue eyes, brown hair, black gauges, and a few tattoos on his arms. He went to my school but I hardly saw him since he skips school most of the time.

Are you kidding me? He has the guts to say hi to me, like nothing happened?

Seth glanced at me and Cody, having a confused expression on his face. I could tell he was thinking 'Who's this guy?'

"Remember Cody?" Dylan asked me and smirked.

I glared at him. "I need to speak with you in the kitchen," I gritted. I turned to Seth. "I'll be right back." I got up and dragged Dylan to the kitchen.

"What the hell are you doing Dylan?" I snapped at him.

Dylan chuckled. "What? I'm just hanging out with a friend," he said.

"Cody? My ex-boyfriend who cheated on me?!"

"Oh come on Ky. I'm sure he doesn't do that stuff anymore. You shouldn't judge people."

"I'm not judging! You two can go hang out somewhere else that's not around me and Seth." I crossed my arms and glared at him.

"We are. In the meantime, Cody is probably chatting it up with Seth anyways right now. Maybe they'll become friends." He chuckled.

Oh yeah they're in the living room together. Crap!

"Ugh you did this on purpose Dylan!"

Dylan shrugged. "Hey what can I say? You changed my ringtone to Paris Hilton, put gross stuff in my drink, and dating one of my best friends."

"I knew it was because of me dating Seth! Why are you being so weird about this? You need to get over it." I stomped off back into the living room, where Cody and Seth were.

Dylan followed behind me. "Yo Cody and Seth, have you met each other yet?" he asked casually.

"Yeah," they both replied at the same time.

The front door opened and my mom walked through the door. "Hey kids, I just got back from the grocery store and-" she said until she abruptly stopped when she saw Cody in the living room. "Cody is that you?" She had a straight face.

"Hey Mrs. Kennedy," Cody said, looking nervous. "Long time, no see."

"Yeah it was. I didn't expect to see you here ever again." She glanced at me and Cody with a curious and stern look on her face. She didn't exactly like Cody after what he did to me. I wouldn't like it if someone cheated on my daughter.

"I didn't either," I muttered.

"Well we can go upstairs and head to my room," Dylan said to Cody.

"Okay cool," Cody said. He turned to me and gave me a sympathetic look. "Hey since I'm here I wanted to talk to you-"

"Well I don't," I cut him off. "Go hang out with Dylan. That's what you're here for anyways." I glared at him.

Cody opened his mouth to say something but he stopped himself and followed Dylan up the stairs.

My mom turned to me. "What was all that about?" She looked at me and Seth. "Seth you're hanging out with Kyler?"

I didn't actually tell my parents yet that me and Seth are dating. I was going to but couldn't find the right time. I just hope they won't be embarrassing about it.

"Oh uh...Mom , we're actually dating..." I said, feeling awkward.

She raised her eyebrows. "Oh?" She paused for a few seconds and then smiled. "Well that's great. I like you Seth, I wouldn't want Kyler to be with anyone else. I'm glad I already know you. I know I can trust you around her."

"Thanks Mrs. Kennedy," Seth said.

"Kyler, can me and you talk for a moment?" My mom asked me.

I nodded. "Sure," I said and we walked into the kitchen.

"What's Cody doing here?"

"Dylan invited him over."

"You've got to be kidding me." She sighed. "Dylan's not happy about you and Seth dating, is he?"

"Nope. He's being really annoying about it."

"Even though it may be really weird saying this, I think Dylan is just being protective of you."

I gave her a weird look. "Protective? He doesn't care about me. All he cares about is annoying the crap out of me any chance he gets."

My mom chuckled. "Oh honey, he's your older brother. They tend to be very protective of their sisters and who they date."

"Then why isn't he protective of Clarissa and Jason?"

"Well he's still protective of them; It's just that he's more protective about you dating Seth because Seth is his best friend."

"That doesn't make any sense." I crossed my arms.

She put her arm around me. "I know it doesn't but that's how older brothers are. My older brother was very protective when me and your father started dating."

I raised my eyebrows. "Really, Uncle Jack?"

She gave me a soft smile and giggled. "Yes."

I gave her a soft smile back. "But why do they have to be so annoying about it? I can protect myself when needed."

She shrugged. "I don't know but I don't think they meant to be annoying. I know Dylan took it too far since he invited Cody over to try making you and Seth feel awkward. I'll talk to him about it later. He shouldn't bug you too much after that."

"Thanks mom." I looked around the kitchen. "Well I should get back to Seth. He's probably really confused."

"You go and do that." She grinned.

I went back to Seth and let out a sigh of relief. "Sorry about that," I said to him.

Seth still looked confused. "What was all that about?" he asked curiously.

I sighed while I rubbed the temples of my forehead. "Dylan invited Cody, who is my ex-boyfriend, over to hang out. But I know that's just his way of making things awkward between us."

Seth's mouth dropped. "Oh no wonder...That's actually really uncool. Even though Dylan is my friend and all, he shouldn't have done that." I could tell he looked annoyed.

"I know right? He went way too far this time."

Seth's face lit up. "Let's get him back again."

I grinned and chuckled. "Really? You want to?"

"Of course I do."

My face lit up. "I got it! We can make a ton of water balloons and throw it at him when he goes outside."

"That's a great idea!"

"Let's go to the basement. We have a ton of balloons over there."

We walked to the basement and filled the balloons with water. After we were done, I said, "I'll go distract him to get him to go outside and then we can throw the water balloons at him from upstairs from Clarissa's room since her window is slightly above the front door."

"Sounds like a plan," Seth said and grinned.

I went to Dylan's room to distract him. "Hey you got a delivery outside," I said to him.

Dylan gave me a confused look. "Delivery?" he said.

I nodded and he walked out of his room and down the stairs. I quickly went back to the basement. Me and Seth took a box of water balloons upstairs and we went into Clarissa's room.

As soon as I heard the front door open, me and Seth threw a few waters balloons down below. We started laughing, waiting to see Dylan, but then we stopped quickly because it turns out Clarissa was the one to open the front door. She wore a dress and was drenched with water. "What the hell!" she shouted, looking up. Me and Seth quickly ducked and then ran out of the room and went into my room.

"Oh crap, oh crap, oh crap," I repeated as I slammed the door of my room.

"Did she see us?" Seth asked with his eyes widened.

"I don't know! We've got to hide either way, just in case. Let's go in my closet."

We went in my closet and buried ourselves in my clothes and blankets. "I didn't even know she was home!" I whispered.

We heard the front door open and Clarissa shouting, "Who the hell drenched me with water balloons?! Dylan, Jared, Kyler, and Madeline, you better show yourselves!"

"Your sister sounds scary when she's mad," Seth whispered.

"She is, now shhh!"

We heard a door slam open and shut. "Dylan who the hell do you think you are for drenching me with water!" we heard Clarissa shout.

"What are you talking about?" Dylan yelled back.

"Oh don't you play around with me! I know it was you!"

"It wasn't me I swear! Now stop hitting me, it's annoying!"

"Ugh!" The door slammed shut again and we heard terrifying footsteps and another door slam.

"Jared!" she yelled.

"What is it? Why are you wet and look so scary? I didn't do anything! Help me!" Jared yelled.

"It must have been you, you little twerp!"

"It wasn't me! I've been playing video games this whole time!"

"You're lying!"

"Am not!"

"Ugh!" The door slammed again and this time she stomped over to my room. I held my breath and she slammed my door open. "Kyler?!" she yelled, pacing around my room. Me and Seth laid completely still.

"Kyler, are you in here?!" she yelled out again.

She looked around my room for about a minute and then scoffed while she stomped out of the room.

"Someone drenched me with water balloons and I'll find out who exactly did this!" she yelled. I heard her go back to her room and slam her door shut.

"Kyler, your family scares me," Seth said. "I'm sorry you have to go through this."

"It's okay, I'm used to it," I chuckled. "It makes everything more entertaining at least."

"I can tell." He chuckled. "Is it safe to come out of the closet now?"

"Not a chance. She thinks I'm not here. If she finds out I was in my room hiding from her then she will know that we drenched her with the water balloons. I really don't want to face Clarissa's wrath. She's usually okay most of the time but you don't want to get on her bad side at all. She can make your life hell."

"Yikes."

"Yup."

"Well that plan sure backfired."

"Sure did."

About 20 minutes later, we heard Clarissa stomp out of her room and shout in the hallway, "Because of you idiots, I had to change my dress, redo my makeup, and redo my hair! My hair looks terrible! I'm going to find out who did this but for now I'm going to enjoy my date with Jason, away from you imbeciles!"

We heard her footsteps thud down the stairs and the front door shut again. The car's engine outside was running and then we heard it drove off.

"It's safe to get out now," I said.

"Thank God," Seth said.

We got out of the closet and went back downstairs to watch Netflix.

**********  

A/N: So a lot of junk went down in this chapter. Between Dylan inviting Kyler's ex-boyfriend, Cody, over while she hung out with Seth and her and Seth accidentally throwing water balloons at Clarissa instead of Dylan, resulting in her being drenched and extremely mad.

Do you think Dylan went too far when he invited Cody over to make Kyler and Seth feel awkward? Will Clarissa let go of what happened to her, even if it was an accident? Interesting things are happening in the Kennedy household.

READ

VOTE

COMMENT

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

271K 12.6K 56
Despite years of abuse by a close family member, Maya is starting to learn the meaning of trust and love with the help of her new family. She's made...
89.2K 1.8K 56
Alice, a 17 year old girl, is the youngest daughter in the Millers family; along side her twin brother Nolan. Growing up Aly's mom Fiona had a beauti...
1.2M 30.8K 57
He's smirking down at me as he says, "Um, you're in my seat." I laugh and say, "You realize that is the most cliche thing you could possibly say?" ...
1.4K 77 35
Chloe Johnson is 17 and has lived in the shadows since her freshman year in highschool. Her sister, Casey, and her brother, Matt, has made sure of th...