A Year Agreement (PUBLISHED!)

By OutOfMyLimit17

Jenna Howard is not your regular 19 year old. She's been by herself since she was just 5 years old. After bei... More

Authors Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4...
Chapter 5...
Chapter 6...
Chapter 7...
Chapter 8...
Chapter 9...
Chapter 10...
Chapter 11...
Chapter 12...
Chapter 13...
Chapter 14...
Chapter 15...
Chapter 16...
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24...
Chapter 25...
Chapter 26...
Chapter 27..
Chapter 28...
Chapter 29...
Chapter 30...
Chapter 31...
Chapter 32...
Chapter 33...
Chapter 34...
Chapter 35...
Chapter 36...
Chapter 37...
Chapter 38...
Chapter 39...
Chapter 40...
Epilogue...
Bonus Chapter 1...
Bonus Chapter 2...
Q&A
Release Day!!

Bonus Chapter 3...

310K 6.7K 346
By OutOfMyLimit17

Song above is 18 by One Direction. It fits perfectly! 

Blake and Lennon above! 

Lennon's POV

Today was the day! The day that Blake was finally taking me on a date! I have waited for this day for over 6 years and that it is finally here I am excited...well more like scared. Having dreamt of this forever I didn't expect it to really happen and now that it has I don't know what to do or even think.

Two days ago when I came home from work I found Blake sitting at my doorstep waiting for me. In his hands were a dozen lilies, my favorite flower, and a big box of what looked like chocolates. When I noticed him I froze because I haven't really seen him since we confessed our feelings to one another almost a week ago. Now here he was sitting there for god knows how long waiting for me.

"Blake?" I asked coming closer. His blonde head snapped up and met my confused gaze.

"Lennon." He breathed out straightening up.

"What are you doing here?" I came to a stop in front of him, tilting my head up to actually see him. He was a good foot taller then me.

"I uh...can we go inside first?" He asked rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. Still slightly confused I nodded moving past him to the door. Blake trailed behind me his hands full with the flowers and the box of chocolates. Setting my keys on the counter and slipping off my jacket I turned to him.

"So what are you doing here?" I eyed the stuff in his hands. I didn't want to assume things and think they were for me, but I was pretty certain they were.

"Oh these are for you." He shoved them in my direction. I grinned at his behavior as I took them. I've never seen Blake so awkward around someone. It made me feel special that he was like that around me. I brought the lilies to my nose while setting the chocolates on the counter.

"Thank you. They are beautiful." I said sending him a smile. This was the sweetest gesture anyone has ever done for me. Turning I hid my blushing cheeks as I set the flowers on the counter for now.

"Lennon." It took me a minute to calm my heart and my flaming cheeks then I turned around. "For a while now I have wanted to ask you..." He trailed off. I could see a hint of red on his face. At his words I could feel my heart starting to beat faster. Spit it out already! I mentally yelled as I waited for him. 

"Will you go on a date with me?" He finally spat out. I tried hard to force my smile back but it didn't work. Instantly a smile brighter then the sun graced my lips. Blake had finally asked me on a date! A date!

"Yes!" I yelled before I could stop myself. "I mean that would be cool." He grinned at my response.

"Great! Are you free in this Saturday?" I quickly thought of my schedule then nodded. I didn't even care if I had something to do on that day. It wasn't going to stop me from going on a date with Blake. "Sounds good. I have to go but I'll come by a pick you up around 11 is that okay?"

"That sounds good. I'll be ready." We awkwardly stood there staring at one another not really knowing if we should hug or just say bye.

"Well...dress comfortable okay?" I had no words so I just nodded. When more awkward silence enveloped around us Blake said a quick goodbye and left. The moment the door shut I was jumping up and down screaming like a lunatic. It seemed like everything was starting to look up, finally.

Now I was standing in front of my closet trying to find something to wear. Something that was comfortable yet sexy. I didn't want to be underdressed or look like a hobo on my first date with Blake. 6 years of waiting for this I couldn't waste the opportunity. You would think that being a makeup artist and fashion expert, as is my job, I would be able to figure something out to wear but it was impossible. Everything I had tried on felt uncomfortable or just looked bad.

Groaning I threw down the dress in my hands. Flopping down on my bed I sighed and stared up at the ceiling. I had about 2 hours before Blake came to pick me up. He wouldn't tell me what we were doing which made dressing slightly harder, even though he already told me to dress comfortable. Deciding I should do my hair and makeup first I forced myself to stand up and head to my bathroom.

After doing my hair the way I wanted and my makeup I went back to my room. Knowing that whatever I chose to wear I wouldn't like I kind of just blindly grabbed a pair of black skinny jeans, then a lace burgundy shirt. Finishing my look with black heels and matching burgundy lipstick I was finally ready. As I waited for Blake to come over I fidgeted with everything trying to stop myself from becoming nervous. I just wanted him to show up already. A part of me was scared he wouldn't show up and leave me here waiting for him.

When there was a knock at my door I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Running my fingers over my curled brown my hair I quickly made my way to the door excited he was finally here. Taking a deep breath I quickly opened the door to find Blake standing there looking very sexy in a pair of dark washed jeans and a dark grey half sleeve shirt. His shirt hugged his muscular upper body making my mouth water. 

For years I lusted after my best friend, watching as he dated girl after girl. Him giving his heart to someone that wasn't me. But I didn't know the entire time he loved me back. Now standing here and seeing him in front of me, coming to take me on a date.

"You look...beautiful." Blake breathed out looking me up and down. I blushed under his gaze. His bright blue eyes came up to my face along with a grin. "You ready to go?" 

Always. I thought. But instead nodded before grabbing my bag I put next to the door along with my keys and phone. Locking the door behind me I walked along side Blake as he lead me to his car waiting on the curb.

"Still not telling me where we are going?" I asked.

"Nope you will just have to wait." He smirked over at me before opening the passenger for me. I rolled my eyes but smiled.

The car ride to wherever we were going started of silently. I didn't really know what to talk about. Passing that line of being friends to something more was never easy especially with someone I have known since I was little. I wanted this so much that I knew I would do anything to make sure it happened.

"So how did it go pitching the idea for building the new hotel with Liam and your father?" I asked breaking the silence.

"It went well. Liam agreed that it was a good idea building a Stanford hotel in Los Angles. And my father is letting me take lead." I could tell he was trying to mask his excitement for the project.

 With his father's building company they have built tons of buildings here in New York and even over seas. It helped that his father was good friends with Liam's father, and that Liam was Blake's friend. Whenever they wanted to build a new hotel or something Liam always went to Blake for the job. This was his first time pitching the idea to put a hotel in LA and to take lead. One day he would take over the company and this was a good time to show he knew what he was doing.

"That's fantastic." I beamed over at him. "When are you going to start it?"

"Not for a few more months. Still trying to find the perfect lot and the best deal."

"Are you going to go to LA and over see things when it gets started?" The thought of Blake being so far away, away from me, made my heart clench. I mentally chined myself for even thinking that way. It wasn't like I had a claim on him.

"I don't know. I may but depends." He answered shrugging. Before the conversation could go any further the car slowed down. I glanced out the window and saw the ocean peaking out from between houses. As we slowly drove forward I could see more and more. The houses thinned out and more cars were parked on the side of the road.

"The beach?" I asked looking over at Blake.

"Not just the beach." As he said that immediately saw the boardwalk out of the front windshield. I sat up straighter in my seat and leaned forward. Now I knew why we were here.

"I didn't know the carnival was in town!" I practically yelled. I had a think for carnivals. I love the atmosphere, the games, the food. There was just something so fun about being at a carnival, especially Coney Island. About 4 miles of shops, rides, and a great view of the ocean. My heart swelled up at the sweet gesture. Blake knew how much I loved carnivals making this the perfect first date.

"Yeah only for one more week." Blake said driving down a aisle for a parking spot. I knew it would take forever to find one, especially on a Saturday and at 11 o'clock. Luck must have been on our side for not even a minute later someone was backing out of a spot in front of us. After Blake parked we got out and headed for the boardwalk. The place was pretty busy for everyone knew the weather would start to get cold soon. It was thankfully warm today making the temperature perfect when you were beside the ocean.

"Blake this is...incredible. Thank you." I turned to him as soon as we stepped foot on the walk. I stared at his handsome face. He had slight stubble on his chin and cheeks from not shaving in a few days. It made him look more ruggedly handsome. His blonde hair was getting slightly long and was styled up in the front. His grey shirt seemed to make his blue eyes more grey. Over the years he has gotten even more handsome than he was in high school or even college.

"What are you staring at?" He asked interrupting my thoughts. I jerked my gaze away blushing again. I have never blushed this much around someone before. I was suddenly shy around Blake when I usually was my obnoxious, loud self.

"Nothing." I answered. "Lets go play some games." I said changing the subject quickly before he said anything else. Grabbing his hand I started leading him towards the main spot where all the booths were at. I heard him chuckle behind me but didn't say anything else about my gawking.

Once we weaved through all the people we came to a stop just before all the booths. People moved around us but I didn't care. I was taking it all in. On both sides of me were booths going down as far as the eye can see. Little kids ran around going from one game to another. Their parents trailed after them holding all the toys they had won for their children. The huge Ferris Wheel loomed in the distance slowly going around.

Behind me were little shops that people exited and entered. As well as food booths that had practically anything you could ever want. One year someone had fried butter, not kidding.

"What should we do first?" I asked.

"I don't care it is up to you. We could do games first, then the Ferris wheel, then eat? Or other way around?" Blake suggested.

"Games first." I decided. Not wasting another minute I pulled him along side me as I headed for the first game to play. I waited in line behind a few kids clenching onto Blake.

This game was one of my favorites. Where you had a toy water gun and had to shoot it at a target. If you hit it long enough you could win a huge stuffed animal. Over the years I had learned the trick to doing it. When it came to our turn Blake practically shoved me aside to pay for the both of us before I could. When I tried to argue he said that since it was a date he would be paying for everything.

As the vender handed us the guns and right before the count down began I sent Blake a huge smirk before shoving him just as the bell rang for us to shoot. He stumbled a little to the side giving me enough head start. While we played I couldn't stop the grin from spreading across my face.

When our time ended I stepped back grinning over at Blake. I thought I won as I smirked at him waiting for the vendor to ask me what I wanted. But as the words slipped out of his mouth that the 'gentlemen had won' I stared at Blake. Even with my head start I still lost! Being asked what he wanted Blake turned to me.

"What would you like?" He asked fighting the smirk on his face. I grumpily pointed to a medium sized dolphin. Blake let out a laugh as the man handed Blake his prize. Narrowing my eyes at him I turned and headed for another booth. I had to beat Blake at one game today.

"Lennon come on I won fair and square!" He yelled behind me.

"Yeah right." I slowed down until he caught up with me. "You probably paid the guy." I wasn't really angry.

"Yeah because I wanted him to be my date." He said sarcastically.

"Wow didn't know you swung that way. Surprised to say that least." I said before heading to the booth to left of us. I grinned at Blake's 'Hey' before getting in line.

For the next hour Blake and I went from one booth to another, slowly making our way to the Ferris Wheel. One of the best things here on the board walk. I made Blake hold all the items and toys we had collectively won. Well I guess I was holding one big purple bear, and a pink unicorn. We didn't have too much things and a few little 'gifts' we had won were in my purse.

We joked around and talked about anything and everything. It felt so natural being around him and holding his hand. The only time I let it go was when we were playing then immediately grabbed it afterwards. My hand fit perfectly with his and I never wanted to let it go. So far this date has gone perfect and I couldn't have picked a better place to have it at.

"Ready to go on the Ferris Wheel?" Blake asked after he just finished playing a basketball game.

"Sure." I answered lacing my fingers through his. With our other arms filled with animals we made our way to the line for the Ferris Wheel. The best part of going on it was to get to the top where you can see some of the city and the ocean. One of the best views in New York City.

As we waited in line I felt Blake softly rub the top of my knuckles with his thumb. I shivered at the touch and bit my lip. My insides warmed and I felt my heart grow in my chest. Just a touch from Blake made my knees weak and made me want more. 

Finally it was our turn. Blake and I slide into the metal seat, the only way to sit comfortably was to either have our stuffed animals between us or off to the side with me next to him. Without even hesitating Blake moved all the animals to the side and tugged me down beside him. His jean clad thigh was pressed against mine as well as our bare arms. The ride ever so slowly made its way upwards as people got on and off. As we rode up I looked over at Blake.

"Blake thank you for today. It has been...it has been great." I said. He moved his arm where it now sat behind me on the back of the seat. He turned slightly to face me.

"You are welcome. Thank you for coming on a date with me." He said softly. His blue eyes left my brown ones until they rested on my lips.

"Of course. I've dreamt of this for so long it is hard to believe it is true right now." I found myself saying. Mentally I slapped my forehead. Yeah that is something you want to admit to a guy on the first date. Nice move Lennon. I scolded myself. I glanced in the opposite direction of him staring out at the ocean. I felt a finger gently grab my chin before moving my face back to Blake.

"I would be lying if I said I haven't dreamt of this. I have ever since high school. I've just never been man enough to admit it to myself and ask you out. I am glad I didn't wait any longer." I stared up at his blue eyes. They twinkled down at me. "Lennon you have been everything that I have ever wanted since I was 18 years old." Blake admitted.

I felt like my heart was going to burst out of my chest. The man that I had been in love with since I was 17 was admitting to me that he felt the same way I have this entire time. Why he never told me I don't know, but I had no room to talk. I never told him either. I always just suffered silently as he dated other girls. I guess he did the same thing when I dated guys.

"Having you in front of me now all I want to do is kiss you. Kiss you and never let you go." I continued to stare at him like a loser. No words were leaving my mouth even though I was shouting inside my head. Blake was saying everything I had ever dreamed of hearing.

"Then kiss me." I said breathlessly finally getting my lips to work. I didn't regret it the moment the words left my lips. With everything inside of me I wanted him to kiss me. 

We haven't kissed since our first one in the restaurant about a week ago. His lips felt so good against mine that I have been craving it since. I know it is weird that we haven't kissed since then but we got interrupted before we could continue. Then he got a call from his father ending whatever chance we had to continue after lunch. Now were were only a few inches away almost at the top of the Ferris Wheel.

"What?"

"Kiss me." I said again. Not needing anymore motivation he moved his hand away from my chin to cup my cheek. He leaned over me ducking his head to met my level. His eyes were now a dark blue showing his lust. My body felt like it was on fire and he hadn't even kissed me yet. His breath fanned my face as I tilted my head up.

"Kiss me already you dim wit." I said softly. He grinned widely at me before finally leaning in pressing his lips to mine. I sighed against him as we finally kissed. With his hand cupping my cheek gently his soft lips moved against mine in sync. The kiss turned from soft to hard. Both of our lips fighting for dominance with Blake's succeeding, not that it was a big fight. When we broke apart gasping for air I leaned my forehead against his.

I was out of breath but still craving more. I could tell my lips were swollen but didn't care. Nothing matter in this moment beside him. When I opened my eyes I was met with Blake's. I let a wide grin spread across my lips at the same time as Blake. 

"Lennon Anderson will you be my girlfriend?" He asked uncertainty clear in his voice.

"Yes I will." His smile turned into a breath taking grin. Once more his lips met mine just as we made it to the very top of the Ferris Wheel. Finally I had everything I wanted. Finally I was dating the man of my dreams and my best friend. Blake Williams I love you.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So here is another bonus chapter. Some of you have probably noticed that this is the one I chose to write for the block party. If you didn't read it on Tuesday then here it is, but if you did read it on the Block Party book and commented THANK YOU! You are so great at being supportive of me :) 

I hoped you all liked this chapter. I felt like I had to give you a little Blake and Lennon action. I haven't fully decided on a sequel but IF there was going to be one it would probably be between these two. There are still a few more bonus chapters coming as well. I have a few more I want to do so don't think is over quite yet. 

If you didn't know before I posted yesterday as well, a Q&A, so if you haven't read that just go back a chapter. I answer stuff from writing tips/advice, to personal questions. If you don't like reading that stuff feel free to skip it but I would still love it if you pressed the little star in the corner for it :) 

VOTE, COMMENT, and Have a great weekend! 

<3 

-Ken 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 35.6K 48
Second Love previously known as Billionaire's LOVE or OBSESSION Ranked #80 in Romance on [28.09.17] Ranked #88 in Romance on [24.09.17] Ranked #93...
304K 8.7K 21
A 21- years old average, innocent, beautiful, shy girl who works at a men wear shop. The son of the CEO and known as the mean, ruthless, arrogant bi...
1.9M 58.2K 60
[COMPLETED] [Hightest Ranking #3, From 3rd to 6th September 2016] She was an epitome of strength, though afraid of people leaving her, she built wall...
4.2M 124K 35
Jessica Summers is a simple and a beautiful young lady who has recently lost her parents and has moved to stay with her aunt. Within a few weeks, her...