The Middle Child

By electric_forest

Having an older brother Dylan (who's annoying), older sister Clarissa (who's a drama queen), younger brother... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue (Chapter 31)

Chapter 11

3.4K 88 85
By electric_forest

{Character in picture: Sterling Knight as Cayden Miles}

{Song in video: No Doubt - Just A Girl}

I got in the backseat of the car and Dylan got in the driver's seat. Clarissa got a ride from Jason. Even though Dylan was extremely annoying, I could tolerate riding with him better than riding with Clarissa, just because of her music choices. That Paris Hilton song was seriously the last straw. I'm never going to ride in a car with her driving ever again, unless I absolutely had to.

Dylan drove to Seth's house on the way to school so he could pick him up. Hey, I didn't mind that at all.

Seth got out of his house and waved to us. He opened the door of the backseat and sat inside.

"You know you could sit up here bro," Dylan said to him. "I'm not picking anyone else up."

"No it's okay. I'll sit back here for today," Seth said and smiled at me.

I smiled at him back and blushed. "Hey," I said to him.

"Hey," Seth said.

"Ugh that's disgusting," Dylan spoke up. "You two can't date! It's weird."

Seth rolled his eyes. "Just like I said yesterday, there's no official rule that says you can't date your best friend's siblings."

"There is a rule. It's called guy code."

I burst out laughing. "Guy code? I knew there was something called girl code but I don't even understand that crap," I said.

Dylan gave me an annoyed look. "Yes there's guy code just as there's also a girl code," he said.

"That's stupid."

"I think I know why you're uncomfortable with us dating," Seth said. "It's because you're afraid that I will hurt Kyler. Bro, I promise you I will never hurt her. You can count on me."

"Pfft it's not that," Dylan scoffed.

"Then what is it?"

"It's just weird!"

I rolled my eyes. "Great logical explanation, Dylan," I said sarcastically.

As soon as Dylan parked the car at school, I quickly got my bag and got out. Dylan walked over to the building without saying another word.

Me and Seth walked together towards the building. My face lit up. "Hey I think I came up with some ways to get Dylan back," I said, smiling.

"Really? Like what?" Seth said, smiling and looking amused.

"I'm going to get his phone and change it to a Paris Hilton song."

Seth chuckled. "Well...uh...that's quite random but okay then."

"Yeah...Yesterday I rode with Clarissa to school and she played some Paris Hilton song and it was awful. Her and her friends were singing along and I was basically tortured. That song was stuck in my head the rest of the day. Seriously, Madeline has better taste in music than her."

"That sucks. I'm sorry you had to go through that." He chuckled again and put his hands in his pockets. "Oh and during lunch maybe we can put pepper or something in his drink."

I grinned. "Sounds perfect!"

The bell rang and we went to our classes.

  ---

When we got to music class, I told Amy and Alexis, "Hey let's sit behind Dylan and his friends this time."

Amy gave me a weird look. "Why?" she asked.

"You'll see." I had to keep from smirking.

We sat down behind the guys, Seth sitting directly in front of me.

While Dylan was in a conversation with his friends, I slowly got his phone out of his back pocket. I entered his passcode for his phone. "Hey Addison," I said to her and faked a grin.

"Oh hey Kyler," Addison said, looking surprised.

"What was that song that was played yesterday in the car?" I waited for a few seconds but Addison gave me a confused look. "You know...the one by Paris Hilton."

"Oh that one!" She blinked hard and acted like she snapped back into reality. "I thought you hated it though."

"I just need the name of the song please." I was getting slightly annoyed. I didn't want to talk to her just as she didn't want to talk to me.

"Nothing In This World."

"Okay, thank you." I went on Dylan's phone, downloaded the song, and put it as his ringtone. I turned up the volume real high. I slowly put the phone back in his pocket, where it was originally.

Seth glanced at me and grinned. I grinned back at him.

I dialed Dylan's phone number and waited for it to go off. Sure enough, a few seconds later, it went off. The class snickered and looked in our direction. Me, Seth, Amy, and Alexis burst out laughing hysterically.

Dylan's face flushed red. "What the-" He stopped abruptly and fumbled through his pocket to get his phone.

"Dylan, you know the rule in this class," Mrs. Moore said sternly. Whenever someone's phone went off during class, she took their phone and had it until the end of the class.

"I didn't put that song as my ringtone," Dylan said and glared at me. "Kyler is the one who called me up so I know she messed around with my phone. Here, I can even prove it to you." He went up to Mrs. Moore and showed her.

Mrs. Moore sighed. "Dylan and Kyler, I will keep both of your phones until the end of class."

My mouth dropped. "What? But his phone went off!" I exclaimed. This isn't fair!

"I don't care. I don't like any interruptions. Give me your phone or I will get the dean to do it for you."

I groaned as I went up to Mrs. Moore and gave her my phone. Dylan smirked at me and then snickered.

"Douche," I muttered to him as we walked back to our spots.

"Aw are you unhappy that your plan backfired on you? That's too bad," Dylan said, still snickering.

"What was up with that song, Dylan?" Cayden asked him as we sat down.

Dylan shot him a look. "Why? Is it your number one favorite song?" he retorted.

"Nope, must be yours though."

I laughed and gave Cayden a high-five. I can't believe I actually high-fived this guy. Usually he was more annoying than Dylan, but lately that has changed.

"You actually high-fived my boyfriend," Alexis whispered to me and grinned.

I rolled my eyes. "Don't get your hopes too high. Opportunities like that are once in a blue moon," I said.

"You're getting back at Dylan, huh?" Amy asked.

"I sure am." I grinned. "Seth is helping too."

"That's awesome."

"Kyler and Amy, would you like to tell the class what you're talking about since it is so important that you're interrupting my class?" Mrs. Moore spoke up, giving us a stern look. The class stared at us.

"Nothing," I mumbled, looking down.

"Yeah...what she said," Amy muttered.

Mrs. Moore stared at us for the longest time and then continued, "We're going to turn to page 87 in the music book."

I groaned and rolled my eyes. Isn't music class supposed to be about actual music and not book work?

We got our books out and turned to the page. I hated music class, which was sad to say since I loved music. The teacher and certain students (such as Dylan) made it worse.

We stayed silent for the rest of the class until the bell rang.

I put my stuff in my bag and I was on my way out with Seth.

Addison came up to us, mainly Seth, and started acting all flirty. "Hey Seth," she said in a flirty voice while giggling. She flipped her hair and touched his arm. "I wanted to talk to you."

"About what, Addison?" Seth said to her, sounding slightly annoyed.

"About us." She brushed his hair back. "I would like to get back together with you."

"Can't. I'm with Kyler."

Addison's eyes widened and then narrowed at me. "Are you serious? THAT Kyler?" She pointed at me.

"Yup I'm THAT Kyler," I said to her, smirking.

"Seth, are you delirious or something? You downgraded all the way to her?"

"Even if I was still single, I wouldn't want to get back together with you. Kyler's not a downgrade, she's an upgrade." He gave her an annoyed look.

I was getting annoyed with her insulting me in front of my face so I said, "He probably doesn't want to date blonde bimbos like you anyways."

She glared at me. "Excuse me?"

"You heard me, tuts."

Seth chuckled. "Well we've got to get going." He put his arm around me and we walked off.

I could hear her exclaiming "Ugh!" in frustration behind us. Me and Seth snickered some more.

We went to the cafeteria and got our food. "Yes there's smiley fries!" I blurted out when I saw the food.

"You must really like those smiley fries," Seth said and chuckled.

"I sure do. It's my favorite school food. It's probably one of the only decent things they have here."

"That's true."

After we got our food, we sat down at Seth's usual table. Alexis and Amy were sitting there also.

"What? You got smiley fries?" Amy said in a surprised and annoyed tone.

"Yeah..." I said slowly. I noticed she had a sloppy Joe on her tray.

"Give me some." She reached over to my tray to attempt stealing my smiley fries but I slammed my hand on hers and stopped her before she could. "Ow! What the hell Kyler!" She groaned in pain and rubbed her hand, shooting me a glare.

I winced. "Sorry." I didn't mean to slam my hand as hard as I did.

"Remind me to never touch your food," Seth said and laughed.

"You should see her when I steal her cookies. She goes off into a rage and acts crazy," Dylan said. Everyone at the table snickered.

I shot him a look. "I do not," I said and crossed my arms.

"Oh I can believe it," Amy said.

Dylan looked off into the distance. "Going to be right back," he said and quickly got up.

Me and Seth exchanged glances and looked at his tray. I got out pepper from my bag and put it in his juice.

"What are you doing?" Alexis asked.

"Getting revenge," I replied.

Seth squirted some ketchup in the container and mixed it. Everyone at the table watched us as we were putting things in Dylan's juice.

A minute later, Dylan came back and sat down. He took a sip of his juice and a few seconds later, made a disgusted face and spat it out. "Ew what the heck. What's wrong with this juice?" he said, looking at the carton. Everyone at the table burst out laughing. He gave us an annoyed look. "What are you all laughing at? Did someone put something in my drink?" We laughed even harder.

"That was hilarious," Cayden said, still laughing. "You should have seen your face."

"You all suck." Dylan glared at us. "I bet it was you Kyler."

"What me? Why would you say that?" I said with an innocent smile on my face.

"Because of what happened in music class, duh." He crossed his arms.

"What a shame, blaming your innocent sweet younger sister for something like that."

He rolled his eyes. "Pssh yeah right."

"Seth helped me." I raised an eyebrow.

"Why would you do that?" He looked curiously at Seth.

"Way to throw me under the bus, Kyler," Seth said and laughed.

"Ugh now you're even joining her and going against me. This is another reason not to date your best friend's siblings."

"It's okay Dylan, it's not so bad," Amy said. "Only worry when they actually get married."

Me and Seth's faces flushed and I glared at Amy. She gave me a smug look and took a sip of her juice.

"Someone's upset that they didn't get any smiley fries," I said. I noticed in the distance that Cornelius was talking to Addison at their table. What was he doing over there?

A few seconds later, he turned to look in our direction and he walked to our table. "Hey everybody," Cornelius said casually. He turned to me. "Hey Kyler, I was just wondering if you and Seth are actually dating." Everyone at the table glanced at me and Seth, with weird looks on their faces.

I raised an eyebrow. "I just saw you talking to Addison but yes, Seth and I are dating," I said.

"Okay got it." He quickly walked back at her table and she gave him money.

She paid Cornelius to find out if we were actually dating? How lame and desperate.

We all talked at our table a little bit longer until the bell rang.

*********

A/N: So Kyler and Seth did some small pranks on Dylan xD

Also, what do you think of Addison? She desperately wants Seth back...

READ

VOTE

COMMENT

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 911 74
Madison is a reserved girl with a comfortable yet uneventful life back home. She has good grades, a loving sister, and a father who's intent on her l...
3.2K 48 13
π——π—œπ—¦π—–π—Ÿπ—”π—œπ— π—˜π—₯: 𝘧𝘒π˜ͺ𝘳 𝘸𝘒𝘳𝘯π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨, 𝘡𝘩π˜ͺ𝘴 π˜ͺ𝘴 π˜ˆπ˜žπ˜π˜œπ˜“. 𝘐 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘡𝘦 π˜ͺ𝘡 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 π˜ͺ 𝘸𝘒𝘴 𝘧π˜ͺ𝘧𝘡𝘦𝘦𝘯, 𝘴𝘰 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘡𝘩𝘳𝘦...
45K 918 22
As the twin sister of Stiles, she often finds herself being compared to him - but she is quite different from her brother. Unlike him, she is popular...
8.8K 236 23
Since forever it's always just been 13 year old Amelie and her Mum. They may not have been rich in money but they were rich in happiness and they wer...