The Girl That Never Forgot *H...

By TheMazeTrials

"Lyra Davi." "That's not my name anymore." "Who are you then?" "I don't know." More

Chapter 1 - Prologue
Chapter 2 - The Next Meeting
Chapter 3 - Boggarts
A/N
Chapter 4 - Bonds Passed Along
Chapter 5 - Dreadful Screams
Chapter 6 - DADA With Snivellus Snake
A/N
Chapter 7 - Quidditch
Chapter 8 - Mirror Mirror..
Chapter 9 - The Marauders Map
Chapter 10 - Hiding Behind The Truth
A/N
Chapter 11 - The Patronus
Chapter 12 - The Grim
Chapter 13 - Freed
Happy New Years
Chapter 14 - The Order
Chapter 15 - Grimmauld Place
Alan Rickman Tribute
Chapter 16 - Shrieking Portraits
Chapter 17 - Bonds
Chapter 18 - Old Happenings and Dreams
Sirius and Lyra A/N
A/N
Chapter 19 - When It All Went Wrong
Important A/N
Chapter 20 - Blood and Envy
Chapter 22 - Epilogue
Q/A
Thanks for reading

Chapter 21 - Dead Ends

4K 147 133
By TheMazeTrials

Lyra clutched the object Dumbledore had given her between her fingers. She made her way into the forbidden forest, the air thick with clamminess. Coming to a stop in the middle of the grounds, she opened her hand to look at it.

The resurrection stone sat firmly inside the palm of her hand. The words in the note echoed throughout her mind.

'Isabella Gaunt's family has passed down this stone for decades and was the only deathly hallow that we hadn't gained possession of until her death.'

A/N: This might not be the greatest chapter since I wrote this before a lot of earlier ones and changed a lot.

Tears streamed down Lyra Davi's face, filling her already overflowing eyes and blurring her sight. Sobs tore themselves free from her throat.

Closing her eyes, she turned the stone three times in between her fingers, holding her breath. She felt the air stir around her as she reopened them.

She inhaled sharply, wanting to cry and scream and just let out all of her emotions that had been bottled up for years on end.

She lost everyone she loved. Yet here they stood in front of her.

Gemini, Ara, her mother, Lily and Sirius.

Her sisters looked younger than when they died. Ara was smiling, the kind glint in her eyes that had been missing for a very long time had since returned. Gemini appeared to be happier than Lyra had ever seen her. Her blue eyes were warm, staring back at her, her fierce glare had softened.

Leonie Carrow was as much like her as everyone told her. She seemed to be between the ages of twenty one to twenty five. The only facial feature she possessed that wasn't exactly like her daughter's were her brown eyes. Although she was apparently happy, she looked weary as if she had been unwillingly brought back before.

Lily's blazing red hair was brighter than ever, her almond green eyes full of laughter.

Sirius was himself again. At least appearance wise. His hair was no longer choppy and to his elbows like after Azkaban, nor was his face sunken, nor was he wasted looking anymore. His mouth was curled into his signature smirk like smile.

They were all smiling lovingly at her. Lyra opened her mouth but no words left her lips except another sob.

"Lyric." She shook her head, crying harder as she looked up to her mother.

Leonie was smiling though there was concern and sadness in her expression now. "You've been so strong. So, so very strong."

Ara and Lily both stayed back, their presences reassuring the poor broken girl as the blonde girl strode forward.

Gemini smirked as she reached Lyra. "You look awful."

"Gem." Lyra breathed out.

Gemini's smirk melted off like candle wax. She spoke gently which was greatly out of character for the girl. "It's me," she nodded. "I'm here."

"You - you're all here." She tightened her grip on the stone, not wanting them to leave her vision ever again. This was a vast improvement over Boggarts or The Mirror of Erised.

"Of course we are," Ara's soothing and musical voice echoed in her ears. "You called us here." She pointed at the copper haired girl's clenched fist.

Lyra just stood there, still astonished at how real they were. But somehow not real enough even then.

A bark like laugh filled the silence. "Blimey! Do stop gaping at us, Davi." The immature air Sirius used to own was back.

"Hello to you too, Black."

Swallowing the lump in her throat, she observed the five people standing there. Her head felt as though it were full of cotton.

"Didn't miss us too much, I hope?" Lily's face brightened at the copper haired girl's small smile that had shown up on her face.

"I've been through much worse than loneliness." Lyra sighed, everything she'd seen showing up in her mind every time she closed her eyes, every time she fell asleep. Her chest ached.

"I never wanted any of this, any of you to die. It's all my fault and I'm sorry."

"It wasn't your fault. All of us die eventually anyway." A new voice spoke.

Noelle stood behind her. Lyra hadn't even noticed her appear.

"Elle." Lyra's throat tightened and began to think of everyone and everything she lost, clutching the stone harder, so hard that her knuckles turned white.

She fell to the forest floor, collapsing to her knees, face buried in her hands. She shook, unable to stop crying, repeating the same word over and over again. Sorry.

Struggling to regain her composure, she pushed herself back up onto her feet. "I never wanted anyone to die because of me. I-" Her voice broke but she didn't dare cry again, instantly feeling weak.

"Ly." Lily sighed though she laughed slightly. "We've heard you saying the exact same words many times before this, please stop apologizing."

Lyra nodded, drying her face with the sleeves of her sweater though she still inhaled quicker than natural. She whispered. "You're all my family," she looked toward her sisters and mother, "my best friends," she glanced at Noelle and Lily, "and friend," she gazed at Sirius last, lingering on him before she tore her gaze away.

She made a noise that sounded sort of like a dog whimpering before she thought out loud, "When will it end? What do I do now?"

Noelle shifted uncomfortably. "I guess you try and forget."

Though the scorching agony in her chest had died down to a dull ache over the years, even that was unbearable.

And now, facing all that she had been protecting herself from by building a wall up around her, it had fallen down, crushing her in the impact and reopening the wound.

Something guarded had appeared behind Gemini's eyes, it looked as though a shadow had landed on her face.

"Gem?" Lyra tried to meet her sister's eyes but the blonde girl avoided hers.

Finally she brought her head up, obviously gaining her confidence back. "You can start over, a clean slate."

Disapproval was evident in Ara's expression and it seemed she had worked out what Gemini was implying.
"But she wouldn't actually do that, Gemma, you know-"

"How?" Ara whipped her head up.

Gemini sighed, closing her eyes. An odd expression seemed to have taken hold of Sirius's face as well. And his voice was cold when he spoke.

"The way you deal with all your problems, Davi."

Lyra surveyed the faces all around her, trying to get a feel of what each person thought. "But I- I- er.." She closed her mouth, not knowing what to say.

Her mother nodded. "If it's that bad, if you have no one left."

Noelle seemed to have the same thought as Leonie, though she didn't approve, she stated it would only destroy the girl fully someday.

Ara showed her disapproval quite clearly. She spoke up, clearing her throat. "All you've been through, I get it hurts and maybe I'm selfish but why lose all that? You can move on, can't you?"

Lily shrugged. "If it's for the best, then that's what you need to do."

The only person that hadn't made their opinion known was Sirius.

Lyra waited patiently but nothing was said.

"Sirius?"

He was looking at the ground. She made her way towards him until she stood in front of him but he still looked away from her.

"I don't know why you're asking me, it's no one's decision but your own. Blimey, Lyra, I won't make you suffer because of my own selfishness. I don't want you to forget, is that what you wanted to hear?"

He finally met her eyes. There were tears welled up in his. He spoke again, this time softer. "I won't let you destroy yourself by forcing you to remember when it doesn't even matter. I'm dead."

"It always matters," she whispered, "to me at least." She added as an afterthought.

She felt the air shifting around her and turned to see Noelle vanish. Her concentration was slipping.

Sirius sighed. "Blimey, you git. I don't know what you expected me to say but I loved you." 

A gust of wind blew her hair into her face as Lily disappeared.

Sirius continued. "Since sometime after the train, I don't know when."

"I was foolish. I destroyed what tiny chance I had when we bullied you. It was my idea."

Leonie was gone.

"And I know. I know that you never felt that way so don't deny it, Davi. You only fancied me back in our first years of school."

Ara's shadow had faded.

"But promise me you won't torture yourself."

Sirius had disappeared, Lyra's words dying on her lips.

She turned to see Gemini, standing there, still as a statue under their favourite oak tree.

Gemini raised her eyebrows. "Well?"

Lyra nodded. "I'm better off to forget me." She pulled her wand out of her left boot and brought it up so it was pointed at her own forehead.

Gemini smiled sadly as Lyra closed her eyes. "Obliviate."

Immediately everything started disappearing.

She faintly heard the shuffling of feet moving in the sitting room downstairs and knew that her father would be up there soon, forcing her to get out of bed.

Sage nodded, understanding immediately and her eyes lit up. She spun on her heel, running back into her room and not making a single sound as she did. Only moments later, she rematerialized holding a baseball bat. All Gemma did in response was make a displeased kind of noise in the back of her throat before she continued.

The three sisters ran across the forest floor for the first time in years, loving the feeling of the wind blowing through their tangled hair.

Even Sage looked on with disapproval. Apollo glanced at her. "Ara, would you be so kind to grab a rag and clean up the floor." He said as more of a statement than question. Sage quickly nodded before turning and fleeing to find one.

The small girl skipped slowly over the hard surface of the train station flooring. Pushing the heavy cart with almost no difficulty at all and no care in the world, she made no effort to wait for the people jogging after her. All around her, more people struggled with their heavy baggage. Suitcases and carry on bags, alongside trolleys and odd baggage.

Lyra squeaked in surprise as she tumbled backwards, sprawling onto the floor at the feet of three boys. She jumped up and hurriedly brushed the dirt off of herself before turning to them. "Oh, I'm sorry." Her voice lowered slightly and she whispered the words.

"Levicorp-"
"Expelliarmus!"
James' wand flew out of his grasp, flying behind him to land in the hand of a girl who had appeared seemingly out of thin air. His hand rose up to his hair, but stopped upon seeing the coppery hair of the girl. She strode forward, with eyes of fire and hair glowing a brilliant shade of copper. Lyra.

He decided to take his chances and spoke up once more. "I love you, Davi- Lyra."

It all faded away, quickly leaving her grasp. Then it was over, she stumbled, falling backwards onto her back. She could just barely hear a familiar girl's voice in her mind saying soothing words before they disappeared as something fell from her hand.

She lay there, panting heavily for a few moments, then she very slowly rose to her feet.

The girl's mind was blank. She couldn't even remember her name.

And then she went running away. Running off to look for the new beginning she had wanted for herself. A clean slate, no blood soaked one hanging above her and weighing her down. She sprinted through the woods and down the street when she reached it, with nothing but dreams of a blonde girl with blue eyes that she must've loved an awful lot and a handsome boy with black hair.

And that was how her story ended. The story of the girl with the amber eyes.

All because of the small detail that the girl that never forgot,

Forgot.

{02/05/16}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

602K 21K 46
Lyra was one of the first people to meet the marauders, but what if she can't get them to leave her? What if they make it their job to terrorize her...
424K 14.6K 39
"hey up for round two today? ;)" "depends, who is this?" ------------ wolfstar modern au disclaimer: i do not own harry potter, only the story and my...
497K 18.2K 50
[ENGLISH] My life sucks! I'm marrying that little freakin' devil reincarnate-I mean jeez..I'm marrying Ms. Popular. (Completed) (Edited) a seulrene f...
122K 5.1K 30
*** Sequel to Obliviate *** Lyra Davi and her sister escaped from the dark lord a year before, having to make the most painful sacrifice. Having thei...