Married to the Prince of Dark...

By angeltwist

Amelia Hayden is busy senior at college with no time for boys, parties or fun. This all changes one Halloween... More

Author's Note: The Great Edit of 2014/15/16
Troubleshooting Chapter (read if you're having trouble viewing chapters)
Copyright
Dedication
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16a
Chapter 16b
Chapter 16c
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 18b
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 22b
Chapter 22c
Chapter 23
Chapter 23b
Chapter 24
Chapter 24b
Chapter 24c
Chapter 24d
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 26 B
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 28b
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 31b
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 34b
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 39b
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 41b
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 45b
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 49b
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76 reuploaded
Chapter 77 (re-upload II)
Chapter 78 re-upload
Chapter 79 re-upload
Chapter 80 re-upload
The story isn't over...
Preview of Married to the Vampire King
Special Announcement

Chapter 58

395K 16.8K 4.5K
By angeltwist

Louis crawled into the apartment on all hands of fours. Black blood dripped from the cavity in his chest, on to the floor below. He was stalking towards me, and I had no idea what to do. I stepped backwards, moving back to the reading room. Perhaps I could barricade myself in or even try to hide in the secret room. Anxiously I glanced around me for something that might help me, then I remembered the blade Henrietta had given me.

I'd left in the reading room, somewhere on the floor. She had told me to keep it in case of an emergency, and oh shit was this an emergency. Louis continued to move forward on his distorted and twisted limbs, edging ever closer towards me. I slowly and carefully stepped backwards towards the reading door, and prepared to make a lunge into the reading room and slam the door shut. I knew the reading room door would make a flimsy barrier, but I only needed a couple of seconds to grab the blade.

Louis growled at me, curling his lip upwards and revealing to me a vicious set of pointed teeth. I think he knew what I was about to do. He could probably tell by my tense body language and desperate glances towards the reading room door. My heart was beating so fast, I felt like it was going to explode in my chest. Staring at the monster in front of me, I took a deep breathe and got ready. This had to go off without a hitch.

Counting to three, I whispered, "One...two...three!"

I lunged into the dark reading room and heard pounding of feet close behind me. I slammed the door shut, and felt the door rattle in its hinges as Louis hurled himself against it. I didn't have long, only seconds before the door would break. I scrambled around on my hands and knees searching for the blade wrapped in velvet. The reading room door rattled and banged as the beast on the other side began to violently claw his way through the wood. I pushed aside the piles of books until I eventually found the small package hiding under one of the books I'd kicked earlier across the room.

I grabbed the parcel and shook it hard. The silver knife tumbled out and onto the floor and I grabbed it by the handle.

The door finally splintered and Louis bounded into the room.  I jumped back, holding the knife out in front of me. He stopped and stared straight past me with vacant glassy eyes that were not just lifeless, but soulless. Quietly, in all the chaos I wondered what those eyes looked liked when Celia was still alive. He inched forward and I stepped back. "Please, I don't want to do this."

He growled, crouching low, getting ready to leap.

I braced myself...

"Mia!" Luc's panicked voice echoed in from the sitting room.

Louis swung round and bounded away from me, heading back into the sitting room. My heart jumped into my mouth and I screamed, "It's coming for you!"

I ran after it, using all my speed to try and catch up to it. I ran into the sitting room to see Luc standing in the door way, frozen to the spot and staring at the brother he had murdered. Louis was getting ready to leap at him, he was just standing there in a daze. Frustrated and frightened for his life, I screamed, "For god's sake, Luc! Move!"

He did nothing, so I dived at Louis as he sprang into the , without a single thought for myself or my baby, and grabbed onto his legs. I yanked back hard, dragging him back down to the floor with a heavy thud. He howled in anger and turned on me, his razor sharp teeth glinting white in the firelight. Oh god, he was going to eat me. I closed my eyes, waiting to be devoured whole, then suddenly ... CRACK.

I opened my eyes and saw Louis' head twisted 180 degrees in the wrong direction. Luc stood over him, gripping his skull, and with one quick motion he picked up the body and tossed it aside.

"Oh god," I gasped, sitting up on the floor.

Luc crouched down beside me, his hands skimming over my shoulders and arms. "Are you hurt?"

"I don't think so," I replied shakily. "What the hell was that?"

"I have no idea, but it definitely wasn't my brother - are you sure, you are okay?"

"I'm okay, just a little shaken," I replied.

He heaved a deep sigh and pulled me against him. "What the hell were you thinking! You could have been killed!"

"I don't know what I was thinking," I said earnestly because I didn't know why I reacted like I did.

He held me tighter and breathed, "You must never do that again, do you understand! You must never ever put yourself in danger like that again. That is an order, do you understand!"

"Yes, Luc! I understand, but it was going to kill you," I argued.

"That doesn't matter! You should've never put yourself in harm's way like that!" His voice was trembling. Was it rage or fear, I wondered.

I rested my head against his shoulder and sighed, "Okay, I won't do that again, just please stop shouting at me."

He shook his head. "I cannot believe how stupid you were to endanger yourself, did you not even think about our baby!"

I blinked and lifted my head off his chest and looked up at him. "Our baby."

Our fucking baby! Now it made sense why he was so mad at me. I had endanger his precious cargo aka his next heir. I shoved at his chest and pushed him away from me. "Oh, I see. You didn't give two shits about me, all you cared about was your precious heir!"

He stared back at me furiously and yelled, "What the hell are you talking about! Of course I care about you and the baby!"

"Oh, shut up! All you vampires are the same - especially you, your stinking brother and that bitch Henrietta. The only time you care, is when you want something from me," I yelled stomping away from him.

I wanted to run up to my bedroom, but when I tried I ran straight into a wall of solid flesh. Luc had stealth vampire'd around  me and was blocking my way. "What is that supposed to mean, Mia?"

I stepped back throwing my arms in the air and snapped, "Oh, you heard me!"

He grabbed my arm and refused to let go. "No, I want you to elaborate exactly what you mean - for crying out loud, Mia, I am sick of the rift that lays between us. I am sick of constant rejection ... and I'm sick of being denied your love. I think I deserve to know the crimes that I've committed in your eyes to make you look at me with such hate."

I stared at him wondering what to say, and then I just said it. "Did you kill Celia?"

"What," he breathed.

I repeated the question again, trying to hold back the emotion I felt building in my chest. "Did you kill Celia?"

He looked at me, shocked and confused. His lips parted to responded but he couldn't find the words to the reply. He was stunned and hurt. "Mia, I don't understand..."

"Please, Luc. Just tell me the truth because I'm loosing my mind," I replied.

"No," he said softly, leaning in and taking my hand in his, "I'd never touched Celia - is this what this has been all about? Is that why you try to run away with Nico? Did he plant these silly ideas in your head?"

"No... and yes," I groaned burying my face in my hands, "I don't know, it's complicated."

"That bastard, he tried to turn you against me. Mia, you must forget everything he told you. He is traitor. I didn't want to tell you but he was seen skulking about Casper and Jacques prisons cells before they escaped. We're pretty certain that he was responsible for freeing them. I didn't want to believe it either, but when I saw him trying to take you from me, it only confirmed all of my suspicions," he explained.

I froze. Nico had been lying too? Was there not a single goddamn honest vampire in this whole city?

"Mia," he murmured softly, gently pulling my hands away from my face. "Listen to me, my love. I do not know what Nico told you, but I promise you that none of it is true. I loved Celia like a sister, and it shocks me to think Nico could even suggest that I was capable of such evil. She was a wonderful person with a beautiful soul, and she made my brother so happy..."

As he spoke, I could feel the love in his voice for her. She must have been so special to this family when she was alive. It was a good thing they couldn't see her now. He be horrified to see  what death had transformed her into. A cold shiver rippled down my spine and I shuddered. "If only you knew what I knew."

His eyes furrowed and he asked, "What do you mean, Mia? If it's about Nico then I understand why you recoiled from me with such horror. That bastard must've frightened you to death, telling you I was a murderer."

"That's not it," I said lowering my eyes. "There is something I need to tell you, something important."

He leaned forward, cupping my face in his hands. "What is it, my princess? I can see such fear in your eyes and it is tearing my heart in two. If I can help you in any way then will. I'd do anything to chase away those bad thoughts that are making your beautiful eyes look so sad."

I want to believe him, even though logically, caution warned me to be wary. This could all be pretty lies ... But I wanted to take the gamble. I wanted to believe him when he said there was no one else but me. I felt tears welling up in my eyes and I whispered, "I want to believe you, Luc, but I'm so unsure."

He leaned forward and pressed a kiss against the corner of mouth. "Then let me prove it to you. Ask me anything and I will do it. I will move mountains, start wars, burn this city and even the world to the ground, until there is no one left alive except me and you - I will do anything you command, so long as you give me your love in return."

"Oh Luc," I signed, feeling my heart about to implode. I buried my fingers into his hair and kissed him hard, crushing my mouth against his. He groaned in ecstasy and dragged me into his lap, kissing me back with equal passion and possessiveness. His hands glided up and down my back, pressing my body tightly as against his as he continued to explore my mouth with his. I completely surrender myself, unable and unwillingly to fight him any longer.

"I am your slave," he growled against my lips.

"Don't stop," I begged.

"Never, my princess," he smiled.

Our bodies were on fire and there was no stopping the flames. His hand slipped under the hem of my dress and gently glided up my thigh as he continued to kiss me breathless. My head was starting to spin and for a split second I thought I was going to pass out when he suddenly stopped and groaned, "We need to focus here. I forget how much of distraction you can be."

Catching my breath, I agreed. "Yes ... we need to focus. Your dead brother ... just tried to kill us ... Need to focus ... very important."

"Also, you were about to tell me what has been bothering you," he prompted.

My heart dropped - was this that right time to tell him? Should I take the leap and trust him? I pulled away from him and said, "I don't know how to explain this to you."

"Try, my love," he urged.

I closed my eyes and said, "This is going to sound crazy, but I didn't want to say anything before because I'd heard so many bad things about you that I was too scared to confide in you, and to be honest I still don't trust you."

He laughed. "You're too over analytical for your own good. If I could, my love, I would find some scientific way for me to prove to you, for definite that I'm your slave. Then perhaps you might decide to trust in me."

He was trying to lighten the mood, but I could feel my insides knotting up. "This isn't funny, Luc," I chided. "I have something really bad to tell you, and I don't know how you're going to react."

"Have you fallen in love with someone else," he asked.

"No, but-"

"Then you have nothing to worry about," he shrugged.

"Luc -" I tried to begin again, but the sound of guards shouting both caught us off guard.

He stared up the corridor and sighed, "Hold that thought. It sounds like my guards have gotten lost. Stay here and I will return with reinforcements, then you can explain everything to me - okay?"

I threw up my hands in frustration and said, "Fine - but don't be too long because that thing is giving me the willies."

I nodded towards the dead body crumpled up by the front door, and wrinkled my nose in disgust. I was seriously beginning to hate dealing with all these dead bodies. Luc smiled and promised, "I will not be long. Wait here and I will return with my men."

He leaned down and gave me a parting kiss and left. Uneasily I glared at Louis' dead body and remembered the old queen's warning - beware of the dead.

****

Hi angels,

Sorry for the lack of update on Monday. There is nothing like a cold and stomach ache to put you off romance writing lol. However I've made a super long update to make up <3

Thank you for all your comments! There were so many of them and I loved reading them!

People were divided about whether Mia should stay or go, and I don't blame you guys because if I was in Mia's situation I wouldn't know what to do either! It's kinda of a difficult one...

Anyway let me know what you think of today's chapter. I know many of you are dying for Mia to tell Luc her secret and it would seem that your wish is about to be granted! How do you think Luc is going to react when he finds out???

It is also time to for a new dream cast! We will be saying goodbye to the creative dream cast by Izla, and hello to another completely original dream cast by Megk – this cast is really beautiful, I loved putting it together in Pintrest.

Remember if you want to submit a dream cast then all you need to do is send me a PM on either wattpad or facebook with your cast suggestions for all these character: Luc, Mia, Jacques, Nico, Jacques, Henrietta, Louis and Casper!

If you want to add any other characters like Laura or Celia, then please do!

Note: I am behind on messaging people back because I've been ill but I'm catching up so if you've submitted a dream cast and not heard back from me, please don't worry!!! Xxx

Remember with your cast suggestions I will make a beautiful Pinterest board which I'll share on social media and the image sections of the chapters!

Plus each week, I'll be posting your cast suggestions onto the official story's cast!

So here is this week's official dream cast by Megk!

Luc – Dave Franco

Mia – Adelaide Kane

Nico –  Diego Barrueco

Jacques – Josh Hutcherson

Henrietta – Lily Alridge

Louis – Johannes Huebl

Casper – Simon Nessman

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

348K 17.8K 85
Book 1 - His Mate Book 2 - His Mate: The Demon King An unexpected union. Hatred turned to love. Mysteries arose. History explained. Unexpected figh...
13.9M 370K 45
Book One in the Soul Seeker Series. At fifteen Amelia is forced to move in with her birthfather when her mother passes away. A man she's never met be...
13.1M 305K 27
A prince, rumored to be son of the Devil. He is the definition of Danger. He is the Darkness itself. A princess. Imprisoned in her own home, only to...
7.6K 560 55
What would happen if Prince Charming married the Evil Queen? Only Frederick is anything but a noble fairy-tale prince. He's a power-hungry general wi...