That Nerd Is M i n e (Bad Boy...

Galing kay alice156

The schools popular bad boy. The hearthrob of the school and every girl's fantasy, Colton smith is bored. He... Higit pa

COPYRIGHT © 2013
P R O LO U G E
C h a p t e r - T w o
C h a p t e r - T h r e e

C h a p t e r - O n e

1.3K 72 24
Galing kay alice156

                                    A l l   R i g h t s   R e s e r v e d.

                                      T h a t   N e r d   I s   M i n e

                                Copyright © 2013 by Alice Joseph

                            C h a p t e r   O n e   –  N e w   H o m e.

My new home. 

It’s hard to leave your old life behind. Your home. Friends. School. You make a house in to a home only to leave it behind and start new. I didn’t want to though. I didn’t want to leave the house I grew up in. The place all my memories resided. The place where happiness and tears were shed. The place of my deceased father. My save haven.

I never expected to move away from my old home. It was the only place I ever hid myself in. Now I have to make a new nest. Hide myself again. Make new friends again. Get in a new school again.

If only life hadn’t betrayed us. If only life hadn’t betrayed my dad. 

I looked out the window as we stopped in front of the large house. The white and red paint made it look very pretty. It looked clean and the garden was beautiful. The front porch had a roundabout with a fountain in the middle. It was perfect. And rich.

My old home was not big as this one but it was big. After dad died it became too painful living there yet I wanted to stay there. I couldn’t bear leaving the only part of my dad but I had too. For mothers sake.

Dad… 

It was just like yesterday that my dad came from work and told me about his day. He would joke about stuff making me and mum laugh. Now all the laughter is gone.

The silence in the house of his laughter and jokes were like a slap. I was my father’s little girl. He would tease me about boyfriends. He knew mum didn’t allow me to date because of her Christian views so he teased mum about me having a boyfriend.

He was the kind of person who never stopped smiling. A cheerful person. Even on the verge of death he held my hand smiling and told me to enjoy life. That had been the day I last cried. My dad was the best guy in the whole world. He deserved much more but he didn’t get his miracle. 

It’s been three years since his death. Time might have past but the wounds were still raw. We missed him. I miss him every single day.

“You ready for this?” 

I blinked back the tears and smiled at my mum. “Yeah” I said clearing my throat. My mother deserved the happiness she was getting. I wasn’t about to drown her in my misery.

My mother at thirty-seven was still as beautiful as ever. Her brunette hair was like mine except she had a short cut. Her beautiful green eyes were something I did not inherit. No wonder my dad loved her so much. She was the only women I looked up to. My mother is my ideal and I hoped to be like her someday. 

She placed her warm hand on mine. “You should know something Brooke…” She took a deep breath and smiled. “No matter how many guys come in to my life, you will always be my first love, okay? There’s not a guy in the world I’ll love more than you and you’re the center of my little world. You’ve always been my little doll.”

I heart swelled with love. This was the reason I loved and worshipped my mother so much. She had always put me first in everything and my dad was the same. She had no idea how much I put her first. She deserved happiness after what she’s been through. 

“Now that I’m getting married, I don’t want you to think that I will forget you or love my husband more than you. He might be my first love but he’ll always be second comparing to you and Michael knows that. I love you Brooke even if I grow old, I’ll always be there for you. I promise.” A tear rolled down her eye.

I sobbed. “I love you too mum and will always be there for you. I’m not feeling any jealousy if that’s what your wondering. I’m happy for a new life. Sure I’ll miss dad, he was a part of us but now we have to move on and you have to be happy. If you’re happy then I’m happy.” I said truthfully. I really wasn’t happy for a new life but I needed to do this for my mum. My dad always talked about miracles. He said they do happen. And now Michael was my mother’s miracle. 

She smiled and wiped her tears while I did the same. “Well then, let’s go to our new life.”

We both got out of the car and walked towards the door. Before my mother could knock, the door opened and a man with brown hair and hazel eyes stepped in front with a dazzling smile. 

Michael. My mother’s high school love. My mother had told me many stories about him and her but she never told me they had been in love. It was after when Michael proposed my mother a year ago that my mother told me about them. They were best friends who fell in love with each other. After school both wanted to head to college and Michael had left college, hoping he would see my mother there.

They never met. When Michael came back to find her, my mother was married off to my father by my grandparents. They both had been heartbroken. My father knew everything and even told my mother she could leave him and go but my mother refused and started a new life with my dad while Michael went off to college. My mother had eventually fallen in love with my father but she never had forgotten her first love. 

I snapped out of it and looked at them as they kissed. It was weird but I knew it will get old some day. I didn’t mind her kissing him, I just never saw her with another man other than my dad. I’m sure he’s watching us down from heaven and is happy for us. Happy for mum.

Michael looked at me and surprisingly pulled me in a warm hug. I didn’t know what to do so I looked at my mother who nodded at me. I sighed and hugged him back. Unknowingly there was some fatherly warmth in Michael and for once it felt good to feel a fathers love. I could never- would never replace my dad but Michael had a fatherly figure you can’t miss. He had a whole new place now. 

He pulled back and cupped my face. “Brooke, I saw you when you were so little. Now you’re all grown up. It’s good to see you sweetheart.”

I didn’t know what to say back. I was overwhelmed by emotions. One side of me wanted to push him away and tell him he can never take my father’s place and the other side wanted to pull him close and tell him to love me like my father did. I choose the latter. For once after so long, I’m getting some fatherly love, I don’t want to push this away. 

I smiled and nodded but I didn’t say anything. It was better.

He grinned. “Well let’s go in then” 

We walked in behind him. The house was even more beautiful inside than out. Wooden floors and clean cream painted walls. It was huge. Everything was sorted out and held elegantly. It all screamed ‘Rich!’

“Lena! Come down quick!” Michael yelled by the stairs. He looked back at us and told us to follow him. He took us in a beautiful TV lounge. The sofas were very comfy. Good thing everything was clean, I love clean rooms as well. 

A girl around my age walked in with a large smile on her face. She was beautiful, blond hair, maybe a shade darker than mine and big hazel eyes like her dad. She wore a small plaid skirt and a tight fitted t-shirt. She must be Lena, my new sister. I was really happy to have a sibling. I always wanted a brother or sister but I was the only one and now I’m glad I have a sister who I could talk to.

Lena walked in and sat by her father. She smiled at mum and me. We smiled back. 

“Brooke and Wendy, this is my daughter Lena and Lena, meet you new mother and sister.” Michael introduced.

Lena got up and hugged my mum “I’m so glad to have a mother” She said and a few tears fell down her face. I guess we’re going to get along. We had mutual feelings except she was sad for her mother and me for my father. 

My mother cupped her face and wiped her tears. “Oh sweetie, it’s ok.”

Lena nodded than hugged me. “Oh finally a sister! I’m so glad! I felt all alone in this house.” She said but something about her tone was different but I ignored it and hugged her back. 

She pulled back and looked at my mother and Michael. “Dad and…mum…” My mother smiled at that. “You two are going out today. It’s Valentines Day and I have planned something for you both. It’s a gift.”

“While you both get ready for your dinner and play, I’ll show Brooke her new room.” She said excitedly and pulled me with her. 

I sighed and followed her up the stairs and towards my new room.

“So do you like it?” She asked when we walked in the room. 

It was painted yellow. The bed canopy was yellow too. Everything was yellow. There was a desk with a brand new laptop with a red bow on it. What I loved most was the balcony on the left. I loved the view from there. It showed the back garden and the forest that was behind the houses.

Yellow wasn’t my most favorite color but she had decorated it with so much love; I couldn’t help but love my new room. 

I looked back at Lena. “Thank you, it’s beautiful. And Thanks for the new laptop. You didn’t have to get me that.”

She waved her hand in a ‘never mind’ gesture. “I’m glad you like it. Now I want you to pick out something nice. We’re going to a Valentine party tonight.” 

Valentine party? I doubt my mother would let me go. I’ve never been to parties before. I was never interested in parties, which was why I never asked my mother. Not that I was a bore. I was just always too busy with homework that I never got out socially plus I knew my limits. I can ask my mother. She might let me go with Lena.

I looked at Lena “I don’t know whether my mother would allow that…” I said unsure. 

She smiled. “That’s fine. You don’t have to tell her anything. She will be going with dad in a few minutes and then we can leave.” She excitedly clapped her hands.

I frowned. I had never lied to my mother or hid anything from her. My mother had always been the best friend I never had. I never hid anything from her. She knew all my secrets and I knew hers. What surprised me most was Lena suggesting such thing. Did she do that to her dad as well? I hoped not. 

“Um…I don’t think that’s a good idea. I’ve never lied to my mum before.” I said feeling uncomfortable of this topic.

She waved her hand. “That’s ok. I’ve never lied to my dad either. What I’m suggesting is that you can tell her when she gets back. I’m sure she won’t mind you having some fun, right?” 

Fun? I didn’t even know the definition of that word. I never had fun. I was always busy with school and studies. Fun was not in my vocabulary.

“I uh-” 

“-Great! I’ll see you in half an hour. Wear a nice dress, there will be boys over there.” She winked at me and left quickly.

I sighed loudly. Great! What have I gotten myself into? With reluctant steps, I went towards my suitcases-which were neatly placed beside my bed. Time to find a dress. 

***_***

“You ready?” Lena asked as she stepped into my room. 

I turned my head in her direction. Lena looked great but her cloths were too short. If my mother saw me cloths like that I’ll be doomed. She wore a blue plaid short skirt with a fitted grey shirt. You can also see her breasts pushed up which I refrained myself from saying out loud. It was her fashion and she looked good.

Our parents had left an hour ago and I was sent to my room to get dressed. I didn’t tell my mum anything for which I was feeling very guilty for. I just hoped mum wouldn’t be mad at me. 

Never in my life had I been to a party before. I wanted to run away right now and hide somewhere. Party people and me never mixed together. I’ve never been great at socializing. Most of the time I kept to myself. Now I had to go to a party and that too forced by my new sister.

I sighed and nodded. I looked at myself the last time in the mirror. I had pulled on a light red with black flowers prints summer dress. It looked good and it was sleeveless so I pulled on my black cardigan with it. I had my black new pumps which I used for church but had to use them now. 

I tied my waist-long brown hair into a loose braid and applied no make up. I was simple except my small rectangle rimmed glasses. I had gotten rid of my big glasses before I got here. These small ones were better to handle.

“Wow. You look great! Come on, lets go.” Lena said pulling me along. I kept up with her until we reached her car outside. It was a red Volkswagen. I sometimes wished I had my own car. 

We arrived in fifteen minutes outside a nice big house. The music was blaring out and I could hear the kids yelling inside. Some kids were out in the lawn making out and some throwing up. I squeezed my hands together. This was really not my kind of place and I definitely don’t belong here. God help me, we’re in a devils place. If my mother ever saw me here, she would just take me to church and make me do ‘Hail Mary’ a thousand times.

I wanted to tell Lena that we should head back home but before I could, she got out of the car and motioned for me to do the same. I couldn’t go back now. It wouldn’t be nice. I exhaled and got out of the car and joined Lena. 

Two girls came smiling towards us. Both girls were beautiful. One was a brunette with stunning hazel eyes and the other was a blond with blue eyes. They both wore short skirts too.

“Hey Lena!” They both chirped. 

I smiled at them politely. They looked nice and friendly.

“Hey Chica’s!” Lena said as they all kissed each others cheeks. They reminded me of the movie mean girls. 

“Girls, this is my new sister Brooke, and Brooke, this is Rachel” She said pointing at the blond one and then pointed at the brunette one. “And this is Shelly”

They both hugged me “Hi! It’s finally great to meet you Brooke. Lena was so excited about you” 

I smiled at that. I was glad Lena liked me that much. “Me too.”

“Come on, let’s go and party!” Rachel exclaimed and pulled me along her. I looked behind me at Lena who was close by. She just smiled at me and followed behind us. I was grateful for that. The only person I knew here was Lena and I hoped to stick with her through the whole party.

As soon as we entered, the music hit me like a hammer. It was too loud for my liking. The only music I listen to is soft and classic. Oh and of course in church choir. I sang in church. People said I had a nice voice. I doubted that. I felt like I could do much better. 

“Sweety? Would you like a drink?” Rachel asked as we stopped out in the backyard near the pool. Whoever’s house this was, it was designed beautifully.

Drink? I doubted there would be anything but alcohol. I didn’t need alcohol and I certainly don’t need a sin on my head. 

“Uhm no thank you.” I replied politely, pushing my glasses up my nose. I do that when I get nervous. And right now, I was anxious to get out.

Rachel grinned. “Well ok. Come, I’ll introduce you to my other friends.” And she pulled me along again to the other side of the pool. I looked behind me again but there was no Lena. Oh no, where is she gone? 

We stopped in front of a bunch of kids sitting together. There were three guys in shorts and two girls in bikinis. The girls stood up and left. I frowned. Did I do something? I looked at Rachel to see her glaring at the retreating girls. Weird.

She then looked at the boys who stood up now. All three were much taller than us. One was blond with green eyes and the second one was with black hair and electric grey eyes. The third one had blue hair and he looked emo. “Guys, meet Brooke. Lena’s new sister.” 

She then looked at me. “Brooke, meet Josh, Caleb and Poke….where’s Aaron and Colton?” She asked the boys.

The boys gave me a greeting nod before looking at Rachel. “They went to get us drinks.”

“Oh well why don’t we all sit and wait for them?” Rachel said and sat down on of the chairs not giving me a chance to answer. 

I anxiously sat next to her. Pressing my legs together and placing my hands neatly on my knees. The skirt of my dress slidi up when I sat. I quickly and nervously tugged it down, hoping nobody was looking.

“So Brooke, Where you from?” Josh said leaning forward.

I nervously pushed my glasses up. This is the first time I’m ever gonna talk to a good looking guy. I’ve talked to boys before but they were either nerds like me or church boys. I never got the nerve to talk to any jocks or bad boys. They scared me. Most of all I didn’t want shame my parents by doing something I’ll regret.

“I-I’m from Ohio. Just got here today. My mum and Lena’s dad is getting married next week. And I’ll be joining you guys in school on Monday.” I said quickly and shrugged. 

“Cool, you can hang around with us.” Caleb said smiling. You know the feeling you get when you make new friends? I had that feeling right now. Pure happiness. I had friends before but not people of groups like this.

I gave them my first real smile and nodded.

“Come on Brooke, let’s go find Lena.” Rachel said. I nearly stumbled from the chair as she pulled me up with her but I guess she didn’t notice that part.

I followed her a few steps before she halted by the pool making me fall on to her though I quickly righted my foot. What was it with her pushing and pulling?

“Oh there they are.” She said

Before I could look over her shoulder, my feet slipped from the water on the sides and before I knew it, I fell backwards in the pool. The worst part was, I couldn’t swim at all.

I felt the water surround me as I fell straight down. I hit my bottom on the tiles of the pool. I could feel the walls surround me. The water was suffocating me already even though I was holding my breath perfectly. Maybe it was the fear or maybe anxiety but whatever it was, was making my breathing hard.

I tried to pull myself up but I got pulled back by my dress which was stuck in one of the broken tiles. I tried pulling my dress free but it wasn’t budging. I could feel the darkness surrounding me. I closed my eyes, ready for what’s to come next.

Just as I felt my strength loosen up, I felt two strong arms around my waist. I wanted to see who it was but my eyes felt too heavy to open and I lost myself to the darkness.

_***_

“Oh my god! Is she ok?” Lena asked me as I placed her on the cool floor beside the pool.

I rolled my eyes. Could Lena be anymore dumber? I know she’s blond but seriously? The poor girl is probably not breathing and Lena’s asking whether she’s ok or not.

“Rachel I didn’t leave her with you to get her drowned! If something happens to her, my dad will have my head!” Lena snapped.

“But I-”

“Shut up!”

I ignored them and quickly started CPR. Good thing my mother had pushed me in one of those first-aid classes.

The party had stopped and all the kids were surrounding us now. This crowd was with me a few minutes before. I had been enjoying the party until Lena told me to start the game. And I swear I was ready until I saw her fall in the pool. This was not how I planned my first meeting with the nerd.

I interlaced my fingers on top of my hand and pressed the heel of my hand on the middle of her chest. I compressed her chest. After fifty pushes, I still couldn’t see her breath so I pinched her nose and pressed my mouth against hers.

She smelled like roses and vanilla. She smelled nice.

When she didn’t respond, I breathed in her again and this time she gasped and coughed out water, right on my face. Super.

I helped her sit up as she coughed. Her eyes were still closed as she gagged and coughed out the remaining water. Poor girl lost her glasses in the water.

Lena rushed at her side. “Oh my god! Sweety, are you ok?”

She nodded finally stopped coughing. “I’m good” Her voice hoarse.

She then opened her eyes and looked at me. Wow. I never expected a nerd to be as pretty as her. If it weren’t for her glasses or her braided hair, she could be like a normal girl.  Her eyes were the most beautiful electric grey I have ever seen in my life. Electric grey eyes shadowed by long dark lashes. Damn she's beautiful. Why did she hide them behind those glasses.

He couldn’t seem to take his eyes away from her. She really was beautiful. Her pale skin was glistening from the water and her damp her looked like a rats nest but it couldn’t be anymore beautiful.

“Thank you.” She whispered gruffly.

I nodded and helped her stand up. I took my jacket-which I had quickly pulled off before jumping in the pool-from Aaron and placed it around her shoulders.

She didn’t look at me. She just walked away with Lena holding her. But she did stop at the door and turned. She looked at me weirdly before following Lena out..

I knew then that school was going to be interesting. And so was this bet.

Game on Sweetheart.

***************

Ok I'm sorry for not updating but believe me all this time i was trying to figure out how to start this chapter lol so after days i finally got in done.

People had been pushing me to write this so heres to those who have been wanting to read.

Thank you to those who commented and voted and fanned me :) Keep reading and smiling.

Hope you guys like the chapter.

Comments and Vote People!

Alice

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

1.4M 43.9K 92
"You're mine. And I don't think you wanna go against that." Her eyes dangerously darkened. He gulped, and nodded a yes. --- Everybody has a story. An...
272K 7K 37
Everybody knowsthe cliche where the bad boy/Mr. Popular falls in love with the geek. But does it also work the other way around? Meet Angie. She is t...
1.8K 49 22
What happens when the player gets played? Raven Reynolds is not like most girls. She doesn't care about boys, she doesn't care about looking pretty o...
178K 5.7K 27
Teenage Girl who Starts Her First day of School,as a Junior at Los Angeles High School. She has a Best Friend Whoms Name is Jacob,Jacob Fall. Theres...