Diary of the dead

بواسطة JackKelly101

As the zombie virus destroys Ireland and all its beauty Jack and his two best friends Lauren and Rebecca try... المزيد

Life
Burn
Message
Horde
Deep breath
House keeping
run
Escape
Revelation
Up in flames

Death

84 7 3
بواسطة JackKelly101

"Okay, Jack can you now tell me what the hell is going on why is every in a panic" Lauren demanded to know " I don't know, people are attacking other people," Jack said as he tried not to crash the car.
"What are you talking about"
" You get bitten then you die and then you coming back to life but you're not yourself you have no control"
"How do you know this"
"Cause my parents there, there" he stuttered to tell her what happened "There dead" he quickly said.
Jack knew he had to get to somewhere safe, everyone was running and cars were speeding as those things ran after them.
Jack kept his foot on the gas pedal as he was too scared to take it off.
"Well, we need to get Lorna, Jazmine and Rebecca," Lauren said and Jack knew she was right, he knew that he couldn't leave his friends to die but he also knew that it was too dangerous to back.
"I need to get to my sister"
Jack didn't want to be the one to tell her that her sister was dead but he had to "Lauren Shannon is, she's dead". There was silence in the car " No your lying" Lauren didn't want to believe it " Lauren I'm so sorry but you seen the bit on her hand that's how it all starts"
Lauren didn't want to believe that her sister could become one of those things, she didn't want to believe it but she knew it was true, just like Jack she was all alone right now. Shannon was everything that Lauren had left ever since her parents died in a fire last year. There broke down into tears as the realisation hit her and it probably hit her like bricks.
Jack remember want his mother's dying words were "Never find yourself alone" as the memory came to him more and more memories of his parents came to, Jack let a tear go. Jack didn't want to find himself alone and with his brothers gone and his parents dead Lauren was the only one he had left, he knew that he need to get his friends back.

Jack turned the car around and headed back home  "What are you doing" Lauren asked as she wiped her tears away "Your right, we need to get are friends".

Lauren picked up her phone and dialed Rebecca's number, no answer. Jack started to get worried that something bad has happened, Lauren tried her number again. "OH my god thank god it's yous" Rebecca said from the other line "Rebecca where are you we're coming to get you" Lauren asked
"I'm stuck in town,i'm in the GPO people outside are gone crazy there eating each other"

Jack knew that was to dangerous to go into town but he didn't want to let his bestfriend die "We're coming to get you Becky" Jack pressed his foot down on the pedal and sped off.

***
It took about half an hour to get to town but when they got there it had gotten dark. Jack drove the car along the quays, keeping an eye out for any of those things that would come at us. As the passed the Ha'penny Bridge Jack knew that they would get a surprise when they turn the corner on to O'connell street. There were cars all over the road, just as they got to O'connell street there was a block for cars in the road so Lauren and Jack had to walk up to the GPO.

They both exited the car but before they walked away Jack decided the check the trunk for any weapons to use, Jack opened the trunk to find two crow bars and to his surprised a glock 19, he never thought his dad a gun type of person but right now thank god he was.

Lauren and Jack walked on to O'connell to find that it was a wreck, crashed cars everywhere and bodies on the ground. Jack hoped that all of this was just a nightmare and that he would wake up in his bed listening to the vamps. Lauren had one of the crowbars and Jack had the other one and the glock.

As they walked pasted Easons they could see someone move from inside, It was dark so they could tell if it was a person or something else. Whatever it was started to walk to the door, the lights from inside turned on, it wasn't a person Jack couldn't think of what to call them because whatever it was it wasn't human. It noticed the two of them and the started running to the door, it ran into the door, the door cracked a little then it ran at it again and again, finally door gave way and smashed to pieces. It ran out and ran straight for them, Jack was about to react but then Lauren lifted her crowbar and swung for the running corpse. Lauren hit the corpse in the crowbar causing it the fall to the ground, it was about to get back up of the ground but then Lauren hit it again and again and again, she was really angry for what happened to her sister. Jack didn't blame her, he felt so angry for what happened to his parents.

Blood splatter all over Lauren's jeans and top, Lauren walked away from the body leaving Jack behind. When Jack realised that lauren had walked away he ran up to her. They were a yard away from the GPO when they realised that it was boarded up."How the hell do we get in"Jack asked "Knock at the front door" Lauren relied sarcastically
When they got to the front of the building the called Rebecca, " Guys where the hell are yous" Rebecca said from the other line "We're outside"
"You'll need to come through the side door i can't open the front"

Lauren and Jack ran around to the side of the building only to find a horde of corpses, these ones were a lot slower than the other ones. "Well we can get through that entrance" Lauren pointed out. Jack ran back around to the front of the building, he picked up a trash can off of the ground "What the hell are you doing" Lauren shouted "Making an entrance" as he said that Jack through the bin through the window causing into to break into small pieces of glass.

Jack jumped through the hole where the window once was. It was dark inside the GPO there was no sign of Rebecca "REBECCA!!" Jack shouted but no response, suddenly he could hear feet running towards, not sure if it was Rebecca or something else Jack left the crowbar up as if he was ready to attack but when he saw that it was Rebecca he lowered his weapon and ran in for a hug of relief. Jack and Rebecca broke their embrace. Jack and Rebecca ran outside to find lauren standing still "We have a bit of a problem" she said with the look of fear on her face, they both turned their heads to see what she was looking. When Jack seen what she was looking at and when he seen it he understood why she was scared as it was a huge horde of the dead.

The horde didn't take notice of them. "Rebecca watch out" Jack shouted as there was a corpse right behind her, Jack quickly reacted and pulled out the glock that was in his pants, he aimed for the corpse and pulled the trigger, the sound from the gun echoed and the horde took notice of them and went for them.

"We need to go now," Jack said as we grand Rebecca's hand to run away.
They couldn't get back to the car so they had to go somewhere that was clear and then get a car and make a plan.
The three of them ran across the street to find another horde, they were running out of options. Jack lifted up the gun again and shot the front window to Clarys which had been empty for months.
The three of them jumped through the window, inside it was pitch black so they all took other phones and turned on the flashlights.They ran through the building looking for a different exit, Rebecca picked up a metal rod on the ground for a weapon. They kept on walking through the empty store as they kept their gaurd up thinking that they could be attacked at anytime.

Jack was the one in the front, Rebecca in the middle and Lauren in the back, they kept walking with their weapons up. Suddenly a corpse jumped on the Rebecca a dragged her to the ground. Rebecca struggled to get it off of her, she trying to keep its teeth away from her, as she was battling for her life more corpse ran out of the dark and ran for them Lauren hit whatever came at her and Jack used the gun in his hand to gun down the dead. Rebecca finally turned the corpse on to the ground giving her the advantage, she lifted up the pole that she had and drove it through the eye socket of the corpse.

"We need to get the hell out of here" Rebecca shouted. Lauren seen a clearing to run, her and Rebecca took the opportunity and ran for it. Jack stayed to fend of the dead, he didn't much bullets left so he ran out in the direction of the two girls. He finally caught up with them and they kept running from the dead. As they ran they could see a window and that was the what they need right now a way out.

As they got closer Jack lifted the gun in his hand and fired two shots he tried fire another shot but it was empty. The glass the break completely and was still standing, not having much choice Jack ran ahead of the girls and jumped through the glass causing to break and create an opening for Lauren and Rebecca.

Jack landed on the ground, because of the glass he got a few cuts on his face and arm. Jack did move of the ground "Jack please get up" Lauren started to worry. Jack opened an eye and the lifted himself up off of the ground, Lauren sighed in relief.

They ran out to the streets to find that it was empty but not for long as they were still being chased by the dead. Jack seen a car that was in a perfect condition so they ran for it. Thank the lord it was unlocked, the opened the car door to find that it didn't have the keys in it.

Jack took out a panel underneath the steering wheel and quickly found the two wires that we need to attach to hotwire the car. Jack looked in rear view mirror to see that the running horde was getting closer and closer. Lauren got into the back seat and Rebecca got into the front seat. Jack roared the engine to life, he quickly put in reverse and as we pulled back he hit a corpse with the car, once he seen a perfect clearing to drive he slammed his foot on ignition and sped away, he looked into the rearview mirror and seen the horde get forder and forder away as they drove.

Jack didn't take his foot off of the pedal until he knew it was safe too, he kept driving, dodging cars that have been left by their owners.

When they reached the moterway Jack took his foot off of the pedal just a little, he turned to Lauren "Well what's the plan", before Lauren had a chance to speak Rebecca butted in "We go to Galway, we go to my granddad's farm my parents are there". Rebecca's idea seemed like the best and smartest idea, with the city like this the best place to be is as far away as possible from the city.

"So Galway you say Rebecca, i've always wanted to go there" Jack said calmly as he sped the car up. "It's gonna be a long and hard journey are you's ready for it" Jack asked "Yes" Lauren and Rebecca both answered "Well then, let's go to Galway"

For the people that are reading this i hope you like it, I love this book and i wanna finish it. The characters in this book are best off of real people, like me. I'll try update chapter 3 next week but till then, BYE:):):):)
Don't for to vote for this book and give it a share

Next chapter (Burn)

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

280 42 13
❝In a world full of fiction and horrors, zombie apocalypse is something impossible. Or is it?❞ In a world where zombies were seen only in TV shows, m...
199 10 11
When the Zombie Apocalypse destroys society as we know it, a group of college friends must adapt to the new world, and survive by any means necessary...
836K 22.7K 164
"When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth." Ever since the world turned, all Lily did was hide. She didn't know how to fight...
1.6K 226 150
Avry and his friends were all about to graduate from high school, but their graduation day turned in to the first day of the rest of their lives. So...