The Shift

By dropsofargent

Book II of the Lost Luna Trilogy *** I had finally accepted being a wolf-less Luna. Well that's what we had a... More

The Shift
01. Dull Pains and Aches
02. Blonde to Brown
03. Voices
04. The Animal Within
05. Goodbye Skylar. Hello Cana
06. Alec
07. Sierra Doesn't Know But Ryan Does
08. Two Chest Hairs and Three Pound Weights
09. Curls Frilly Dresses and the Coven Ball
10. So....Sierra Does Know?
11. A Quest For The Moon Goddess? Or A Quest For Me?
12. Let's Get The Show On The Road
13. Welcome to Cincinnati
14. Apartment 6b
15. The "Corporation"
17. Game Plan
18. Reconnaissance

16. Sairah

2K 103 14
By dropsofargent

Sairah

A boy just walked into my convenience store. Wait. Let me backtrack. It's not my convenience store, I was just a cashier, and plenty of boys had walked in before. This was just the first one I had noticed.

Maybe because right off the bat I could smell that he was like me. He was a werewolf. You'd be surprised at how little I actually meet werewolves. There didn't tend to be packs in large cities like Cincinnati, mostly on the outskirts or in the country.

Anyway, he walked in and already I was grinning like an idiot. Any boys that had caught my attention before had always been human. It was hard to connect with someone who wasn't like you. And I know that some people say opposites attract but a werewolf and a human? Unlikely.

He was attractive too. The kind of attractive that made you go damn son, tell your parents I said thanks for creating you. I didn't see his face completely because he immediately walked toward the snack isle when he entered the store, but I did see his profile and his hair. And he was beautiful. His hair was a light brown color, and curled messily over his forehead and at the back of his neck. I could even see a splash of freckles on his cheeks that made both me and my wolf sigh in content.

I leaned my elbow on the counter, smiling wistfully as I watched him search for a snack. Not even a second later, a hand appeared in my line of vision and snapped three times to get my attention.

"Hey lady," the guy said gruffly. "I'd like to buy this and leave."

Rude, my wolf Laila muttered. I smiled apologetically. "I apologize, sir." I said, ringing up his items which consisted of a pack of smokes, blue Gatorade, and a six-pack of bud light. "Your total is $8.84."

He handed me $10.00 in cash and I returned the change along with the receipt. "Have a nice day, sir."

He didn't respond and left. I sighed and shut the cash drawer. When I looked up, the beautiful boy that had come in was staring at me, a pack of peanuts and a water bottle in his hands. Up close he was even better looking than before. He had green eyes that reflected even the dull fluorescent bulbs above me, an aquiline nose, and full pink lips that made me swoon.

Laila seemed excited too but I was too distracted to understand why. With a dazed smile on my face, I reached out to take the items from his hands. As soon as my fingers brushed his, sparks ignited under my skin, Laila howled in delight and everything made sense. He was my mate.

Before I could even react, he dropped his items and grabbed my face, pulling me close and kissing me.

Everything stopped. My heartbeat, my breathing, my thoughts. All I could focus on was him; his lips pressed against mine, the fire he had started within me. I didn't even notice the sharp pain in my hips when I tried to lean over the countertop. His fingertips were in my hair and his tongue brushed my bottom lip. I was in my own personal heaven, on cloud nine.

I opened my mouth ever so slightly and felt like I was about to explode. A tension sparked where our tongues touched and I swear I heard angels singing. I didn't want it to end. Neither did Laila. She was calling to his wolf and I could feel his calling to her.

But it did end.

"Alec!" A voice exclaimed and he pulled away from me, startled. So that's his name, I smiled to myself. But it faded when I looked over to see that it had been a girl who had said his name.

She was beautiful too, with long blonde hair and green eyes that matched Alec's in shade and intensity. Was this his girlfriend? But why would he have a girlfriend if he was a werewolf?

I inhaled through my nose and found, much to my chagrin, that she was a werewolf too. She was staring at Alec with a surprised look and Alec looked stunned too. Behind her, I noticed another boy who looked to be the same age as Alec. He had similar hair but his eyes were blue and were locked onto Alec with a are-you-kidding-me look.

"What the hell are you doing?" The girl asked, exasperated. "You came in here to get a snack! Not make out with the cashier! We have important things to do you know!"

I pressed my lips together, feeling awkward. There was also a burning jealously in my chest and Laila was growling. I didn't know what to make of the situation and I didn't know who this girl was. Alec was my mate, that much I knew, but something else was going on.

"I know that, Skylar." Alec said, blinking and shaking his head. Skylar? And she has a pretty name. Damn. Laila growled a little louder. She didn't care how pretty Skylar was, she wanted to rip her throat out. "But it's her. She's my mate."

I smiled, feeling the jealously fade. Take that, Skylar. Whatever you two had isn't a thing anymore.

I watched with satisfaction and then confusion as Skylar's entire face changed. She went from shock and annoyance to an elated expression that left me dumbfounded. She smiled really wide and jumped up to hug Alec. "That's amazing, Alec! Why didn't you just say so?"

Alec laughed, hugging her back. "You didn't let me, little sis."

Oh. I felt my cheeks burn. I can't believe I thought that she had been his girlfriend.

Skylar pulled back, still looking happy. "So now I'm 'little sis'?"

Alec shrugged. "Well, I mean you are technically. But I thought I'd just try it out, seeing as we're stuck as family now."

Skylar rolled her eyes, letting go and stepping back. "Yeah well, I didn't want you as a brother either." She retorted childishly, sticking her tongue out at him.

He returned the gesture and I bit my lip. He looked so cute when he did that. The boy behind Skylar gave Alec a knowing look. "Now you understand?"

"Understand what?" Skylar and I voiced at the same time. But neither of them responded to us.

Alec just nodded, looking at the boy with a newfound respect in his eyes. "Yes."

Understand what? Laila murmured. I shook my head. I have no idea.

Skylar rolled her eyes again and walked up to the counter, smiling widely at me. She held her hand out to me. "I'm Skylar Lancaster, your new sister. It's very nice to meet you and I have to say that you're gorgeous. What's your name?"

I blinked, shocked. "Skylar Lancaster? As in the Luna of River Hollows?"

Skylar paused, looking unsure. "How do you know who I am?"

The boy narrowed his eyes at me. "You're an omega aren't you?"

Alec shot him a glare but I wasn't ashamed by it. I nodded. "Have been for five years."

Skylar looked back at the boy. "What's an omega?" I scrunched up my nose, confused. She was a Luna and didn't know what an omega was?

"A wolf without a pack." The boy answered as Alec began drifting toward the counter again, making Laila very happy. "The difference between a rogue and an omega is that omegas mean no harm to packs and the Alphas let them be so long as they don't trespass, while rogues do as they please and are always trying to hurt someone."

Skylar turned back to me, still looking confused. "How do you know who I am then?"

Alec extended his hand to me and I took it, feeling warmth spread through my body almost instantaneously. "I was in a pack before," I said. "And although I chose the omega life, I still speak with my old pack mates every now and then. They know who you are. The Luna who was kidnapped by rogues and still was merciful to her kidnapper."

She scowled and I heard a low rumble, but I wasn't sure if it was from her or from the boy, who I now presumed was her mate, Ryan—the Alpha of River Hollows. "I'm pleased to hear that's who people know me as." It was clear she wasn't pleased. She shook her head. "Anyway, that's not important. What's important is you. What's your name?"

"Sairah Hart." I said and blushed when Alec smiled widely at me.

"Wow a pretty face and a pretty name, look at you go Alec, you've got the whole package." Skylar said.

Alec laughed, nodding. "You're right."

My face burned even more and I tucked my hair my behind me ears nervously. "So, uh, what now?"

All three of them stared at me for a moment, their smiles gone. Oh god, what did I do wrong? Ryan rubbed his eyes and sighed. "Alec?"

Alec looked over at him in surprise. "You're letting me decide?"

"She's your mate."

Alec returned his gaze to me. "Well, Sairah," He said and I smiled. The way he said my name gave me a warm feeling in my chest. "We came to Cincinnati on a quest for the Moon Goddess, and we have to complete that. It's your choice if you want to join or not."

I felt my eyebrows rise at his words. A quest for the Moon Goddess? Damn. "Why wouldn't I join?" I asked, taking my name tag off and laying it on the counter. Pack life had been rough for me five years ago and it surprised me how easy it was for me to just go back to that. "You're my mate, of course I'm coming with you. And it's a little easier in our case considering I don't have a pack to worry about."

"You still have a life here, though. And I don't want you to think that I expect you to give that up." He said, watching me hopefully.

I laughed. "That's sweet, but like I said, you're my mate and I'm coming with you."

He gave me a blinding smile and my knees felt weak. I was thankful for the counter in front of me that helped hold me up. "Well then come on. We've got to get back."

Skylar grinned. "We'll explain on the way."

I couldn't help but grin back, excited to be a part of whatever the hell this was.

*****

hey it's me!!!

sorry about the not updating thing of course, and i'm also sorry that this chapter is short-it's a filler chapter

ok so today i actually surprised myself and planned out the rest of this book, i planned all of the chapters and even have titles set up for them already like i'm on a roll here omg,

there won't be as many chapters as there were in Lost Luna but that's ok because the number of chapters i planned seemed sufficient in getting what i want done.  i imagine the next book will be longer however because it's a bit complicated

anyways, hope you enjoyed and don't forget to vote and comment
love you :)

-dropsofargent

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.3K 1.4K 10
❝Halusin vihata häntä, halusin pysyä kaukana hänestä, ja mikä tärkeintä, en halunnut tykätä hänestä... Mutta mitä ihminen tunteilleen voi?❞ ...
12.9K 792 10
Highest ranking: #5 Werewolf koska tää oli mun ensimmäinen kirja Wattpadissa ensimmäiset kaksi kirjaa tästä jaksosta voi sisältää paljon kirjoitusvir...
poika (uwu) By

Werewolf

56 0 3
the new hot classmate🤧🤧 Uusi kuuma luokkalainen
1.6K 69 10
Selviää lukemalla...