Reality

By spongeson

Murdoc is having a hard time finding the line between reality and the hallucinations that plague him. And to... More

Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
filler: Chapter 9 - Swan Scones
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
standoff: Chapter 15 - Bar Hop
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 - Discretion
Chapter 21 - Resolution
filler: Chapter 23 - Back in Time
filler: Chapter 24 - Back in Time
filler: Chapter 25 - Trial Period/Union
Chapter 26
filler: Chapter 27 - Next
filler: Chapter 28 - Dreams
Chapter 29 - Talk
Chapter 30 - Ignite
Chapter 31 - End

filler: Chapter 22 - Mending

288 20 0
By spongeson

Chapter 22 - Filler: Mending

((Edited on July 31st, 2015))

note: did i get your hopes up last time? well be prepared for them to be dashed bc there's no sex. not for a while. sorry, i'm a big liar 8) STILL RATED T

also the quality is probably shoddy so im apologizing in advance if ur eyes melt

(small edits made on August 21, 2015)

oOo

((eyes))

Murdoc has a fear of eyes.

They analyze, they judge. They scrutinize and they break you down in the time that it takes to blink. A loving stare can morph into that of a heated glare and the intensity of either can cripple even the strongest of men.

For Murdoc, if hands weren't grabbing him and slamming him into the ground as a child, there were eyes. They planned, they watched, and they learned. Sizing him up, following his every move...

They hurt him.

And so although the eyes currently staring holes into the back of his head belong to someone he knows and lives with, he can't help but feel nervous.

Stationed just behind him in the recording studio sits Russell, ever the thoughtful and peaceful giant. It remains silent for several minutes, all consuming and Murdoc has to remind himself that he isn't on trial.

So why is he so scared?

"..Somethin' happened between you and 'D."

Murdoc's shoulders stiffen and he frowns, glancing over his shoulder in the direction of the other man. He contemplates his response, tapping his fingers against his armrests sharply before sighing in affirmation.

There's no point in lying.

"Yeah."

Russell nods once, his gentle eyes filled with unspoken words of understanding and amusement. If Murdoc even cared to look closely enough he would see Del shaking his head, laughing at him.

"I always thought y'liked him more than y'let on." the drummer grins, snorting. The bassist sneers in return, clutching his armrests irritably. "M'glad it worked out for you this time."

Murdoc hums quietly in response, tapping his heels against the floor rhythmically. His eyes remain glued to Russell's face even when the other man returns to his work.

"..Yeah."

oOo

The voices in his head have begun to calm down, but the constant chill in his spine has decided to make its presence known. Biting at his skin to the point of being raw, scraping against the chafed surface until the goosebumps growing on his arms turn painful...

The cold hurts.

He never stopped wearing 2D's jacket during his warm period. He was able to get away with wearing simple t-shirts underneath it rather than bulking himself up with heavy layers.

But now?

He's back to that, again. Back to long sleeves under long sleeves and shitty turtleneck sweaters. And his none-too-subtle wardrobe change hasn't gone unnoticed by the others.

Currently sitting on his bed with his legs crossed and his body slouched over a small stack of books, a faint rapping against his door breaks Murdoc from his thoughts. Silence falls over his room momentarily before another round knocking meets his ears and his heart nearly jumps into his throat.

Scrambling off his bed in a mad dash for the door, he already knows who it is and he tries to reign in his excitement.

Swinging the door open with an eager smile, Murdoc pulls the other into his Winnebago by the front of his shirt with a crazed look in his eyes. 2D lets out a surprised laugh, body contorted upon his entrance and he straightens his spine when he's finally released from Murdoc's grasp.

"H-hey, Muds!" he says with a short laugh, grin in place as he carefully fixes the front of his abused shirt. His eyes widen upon taking in Murdoc's appearance and his grin falls short, concern becoming the dominant feature in his expression.

"...Y'cold, or somethin'?"

Murdoc looks down at himself embarrassedly and plays it off with a shrug, feigning indifference.

"Mm."

The singer frowns and he looks like he wants to ask more, but the bassist doesn't give him the chance.

"Whadd'ya need, Stu-Pot?" he asks, sending 2D another grin, trying to steer the conversation in a more desirable direction. He crosses his arms over his chest in a show of friendly nonchalance and tilts his head to the side in open curiosity. 2D looks taken aback by Murdoc's display and a goofy smile alights his face, pleasant flush tinging his cheeks.

"Well, I was jus' wonderin' if y'wanted t'go do somethin' with me." he says, looking almost shy as he speaks. He pauses in mid-thought, choosing his next words carefully. "...Jus' the two of us. Kinda like we used to."

Murdoc ignores the insects buzzing about in innards and bites back the smile threatening to split across his face.

"...Oh?" he asks, cursing himself when the smile does start to show and his cursing increases ten-fold when his heart skips a beat. Reaching into his pocket, he pulls out a cigarette and places it between his lips. Lighting it, he presses on. "S'that so?"

Bashfulness evaporating, a knowing look dawns 2D's features and he smirks. He snatches the cigarette from Murdoc's mouth playfully, pianist fingers gently grazing the chapped surface of the other's lips. The bassist lets out a frustrated cry, trying in vain to seize it back.

"Hey-!"

"-Yeah, it is." the singer teases, slowly raising the cigarette to his mouth to take a drag off it. Blowing the smoke straight back into Murdoc's face, 2D's coy grin turns cheeky. "So y'wanna? We can try goin' back to the train tracks or somethin'."

Not wanting to give 2D the satisfaction of falling victim to a coughing fit, Murdoc toughs out the excess smoke like a true champion and makes a show of breathing it in through his mouth. 2D laughs, sticking the cigarette back into Murdoc's mouth without warning and taking the other by surprise.

Taking his own drag off the cigarette, the bassist mulls the offer over.

(It's not really up for debate.)

Grinning, Murdoc rests a hand over his heart, bats his eyes and feigns surprise.

"Why, Mr. Tusspot!" he exclaims, his voice pitched up comically high and resulting in 2D letting out a strangled laugh. "Are you requesting my presence on an outing?"

The singer's smile remains glued to his face and he shrugs.

Letting his hand fall away from his chest, the bassist feels a familiar warmth rise to his face and he doesn't try to fight it off. He stumbles back, balance momentarily jeopardized and he ignores the hand darting to assist him.

"Yeah."

oOo

It's evening and there has yet to be any excitement at the train tracks. Sitting on the same slab of cement they had occupied only a month or so prior, Murdoc and 2D look passed the tracks and towards the woods intently.

Murdoc sighs in exasperation.

"Still don't see anything out there, mate."

The two of them have been sitting in the same spots for over an hour and the bassist's ass is starting to get sore. The singer sends him an annoyed glare, tapping his fingers against his thighs restlessly. When he doesn't respond, Murdoc tries again.

"This is dumb."

"Shut up!" 2D snaps, smacking Murdoc's knee in vehemence. The bassist just snorts and nudges his ribs in retaliation, not at all surprised by the other's reaction.

"Cool it, sunbeam, I was just kidding."

The singer rolls his eyes and rests his chin in his open palm, groaning. "No you weren't. And anyway, s'probably a good thing that there aren't any animals comin' out because they'd probably be rabid or somethin' of the like."

Murdoc nods in agreement.

"Might add to the fun, though."

2D hums softly, a non-committal reply and he shrugs. It's quiet, and the high-pitched chirping of frogs in the distance fills the silence.

The silence is peaceful though, and when no words are exchanged a gentle hand rests itself against Murdoc's thigh. Deft fingers squeeze softly, coaxing a surprised grunt from the bassist and the singer grins in appreciation. Moist lips press against a stubbled jaw, spindly arms wrap around a narrow waist and Murdoc leans into the welcoming embrace with a smile.

He reciprocates the kiss without hesitation, not once questioning the sudden turn of events and when slim fingers knot themselves into his hair he lets out a pleasurable moan. 2D's breath hitches audibly in his throat and the singer presses forward, hands pulling the bassist's hair once before sliding down and traveling to rest at his lower back.

(Even through the bulking layers of his shirts and jacket, he can feel 2D's warmth.)

When 2D pulls away from the kiss Murdoc follows, trailing after him and he struggles to bite back a groan when he's met with empty space. He feels the other rest his chin against his shoulder, he feels the other wrap his arms around his waist and he fidgets in his seat when the heat in his groin becomes too much.

Suddenly, a low growling resounds from the bushes below and in a moment of panic they both forget about their tender embrace and book it to their car.

oOo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 85 10
"𝑪𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒕 𝒎𝒚 𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝒔𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒔, 𝑰'𝒗𝒆 𝒈𝒐𝒕 𝒅𝒐𝒛𝒆𝒏𝒔 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒊𝒅e 𝑰 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒕𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒏𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒄�...
4.9K 79 10
(Agere oneshots and more)
91K 2.4K 17
Phase 1! Explores Murdoc's interactions with 2D in his comatose state, and what happens after he woke up. Be prepared for fluff cause Murdoc is gonna...
79.1K 2.9K 23
Immerensis - the maddening inability to understand why someone loves you *already on ao3* Y/N isn't the best person, and almost dies running from her...