The Middle Child

By electric_forest

Having an older brother Dylan (who's annoying), older sister Clarissa (who's a drama queen), younger brother... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue (Chapter 31)

Chapter 8

3.7K 92 52
By electric_forest

{Character in picture: Joshua Anthony Brand as Seth Walker}

{Song in video: Avril Lavigne - Complicated}

"Come on Kyler you have to come to class!" Amy exclaimed and grabbed my hand.

"I'm not going in that music class," I said. "Seth's in there and I can't be around him for the rest of my life."

"He's Dylan's close friend, of course you'll have to face him sooner or later. I thought you never got embarrassed by anything."

"I don't but this situation is different."

"It'll be fine Ky. Just act how you would normally act," Alexis said.

"I'm not going in that class." I got out of Amy's grip and crossed my arms.

"It won't be that bad," Amy said. "At least if you skip the class then go to the nurse or something."

"That's what I'm going to do."

"Okay...well we'll see you later." They went in the music class and I walked to the nurse's office.

"May I help you?" The nurse asked nonchalantly.

"I uh have my period...bad cramps..." I faked a look of pain on my face and held my stomach.

"There's a few exam tables you can rest on in the back."

"Okay thanks." I went to an exam table, closed a curtain, and laid on it.

How will I avoid Seth for the rest of my life?

I laid there and took a nap for about an hour or so and then when the bell rang, it woke me up.

The nurse opened the curtain. "Feel any better?"

"Yeah it's manageable," I said and got my backpack. "I'll go on to class. If I feel worse then I'll just come back here." I left the nurse's office and went on to lunch.

"There you are!" Amy exclaimed behind me. "I was looking for you. So you're all good now?"

I turned around and gave her a look. "I'm going to eat in the bathroom," I said.

Alexis made a disgusted face. "Ew, why? That's unsanitary," she said.

"You can't avoid Seth for the rest of your life. You have to face your fears and confront them! Who knows maybe he does like you. You never know," Amy said and raised an eyebrow.

"I doubt it," I mumbled. "Now if you'll excuse me I'll be going to the bathroom."

"If it makes you feel any better, in music class Seth asked about you," Alexis said.

"Oh yeah he did," Amy recalled. "I told him you weren't feeling well."

"I'm just glad we're not in the same grade or have any other classes together," I said. "As I was saying, I'll be heading to the bathroom now." I quickly walked to the bathroom stall and ate my lunch in there.

It was empty and silent until the bathroom door opened and I heard high heels clicking on the floor.

I looked through the opening of my stall and saw Clarissa, Melody, Yasmin, and Addison looking in the mirrors. They were putting on makeup and lipstick. Seriously what was the point of lipstick when it just comes off when you eat and drink anyways?

"So I'm thinking of asking Seth out soon," Addison said while putting on eyeshadow.

"You go get him back!" Yasmin exclaimed and smiled.

"Really? I heard someone else likes Seth," Clarissa said.

I paused and stayed very quiet so I could hear the rest of the conversation.

"Like who?" Addison scoffed.

"Oh...uh...I don't actually know but I heard there's a girl out there that likes him."

Is Clarissa actually being nice to me?

"Either way I don't really care. Seth is mine and always will be. The tramp has nothing on me anyways." Her, Yasmin, and Melody laughed. Clarissa had a straight face but faked a laugh.

Addison turned to Melody. "So any guys you like?"

"Hmmm...I'm not sure..." Melody said. "I need more time to figure them out."

"That's the way to do it," Yasmin said. "A lot of these boys are so dumb."

"Yeah except Jason of course," Clarissa said.

They changed the subject to shopping and makeup and I began eating my sandwich again. The bathroom door opened and more girls came in together and stood by the mirror. Why do all girls come in the bathroom together just to talk and gossip? I'm a girl and I don't even understand that!

They were all talking very loudly amongst themselves and I decided that I had to get out of here. If I had to hear more about whose cheated on who, he says this and she says that, and which lipstick looked better, then I was going to explode. I went out and threw my tray away.

"Awww hey Kyler," Addison greeted me and grinned. "You're so cute! Did you eat in that bathroom stall?"

I rolled my eyes and had a straight face. "Hey Addison," was all I said and then I walked out. I didn't have much patience for girls like that. I could tolerate Clarissa but I couldn't tolerate her friends. They were fake and caused a lot of drama and I preferred not to even talk to them, let alone make eye contact.

As I walked out of the bathroom and went around the corner, I bumped into Seth, which was the very last thing I wanted to do.

"Oh...sorry," Seth said.

"No I'm sorry," I mumbled and nodded my head. He looked like he wanted to say something but before he could, I quickly walked away. Ugh why did this have to happen?

Dylan, Cayden, and Luke passed by me. "Hey Kyler," Dylan said and laughed.

"Piss off," I said and flicked him off.

"Ooh," Cayden said.

These idiots are annoying.

I looked for Alexis and Amy. Amy picked me up earlier this morning and I wanted to see if she could drop me off home since I didn't want to ride with Dylan, let alone be around him.

I finally spotted them sitting at a table. "There you are!" I exclaimed. "Okay so I need a ride home, Amy."

"Got it," Amy said. "I'm glad you decided to come back into the world." She smiled.

I rolled my eyes. "I didn't decide to come back. There was a bunch of girls in the bathroom talking about different girly crap and I couldn't take it so I got out of there. I mean really, why do girls go to the bathroom together and not use the actual bathroom?" I said.

Alexis and Amy exchanged glances and laughed. "It's just a girl thing Ky," Alexis said. "They go over there to check their makeup, put on makeup, and talk about boys."

I gave them a weird look. "Sounds lame."

Amy looked at Alexis. "I think we actually have to show her," Amy gasped.

"I'm good...I don't need to do that..."

"Come on Ky, it'll be fun!" Alexis exclaimed and grinned. "We'll show you how it's done."

"Hey bathroom time," Amy said as she got up and Alexis followed. They both looked behind to see if I was following them, but I just stood there and looked confused. They motioned me to come over. I rolled my eyes and followed them. When we got to the bathroom, they shrieked. There were about 10 other girls in the bathroom, all trying to hog the mirror or talk.

"You actually did it!" Alexis shrieked to me and gave me a hug.

"See! Now all we do is talk and put on makeup," Amy said and took out some lipstick.

"Ugh no," I said and made a disgusted face. "We can easily talk outside of the bathroom."

They rolled their eyes. "You're taking the fun out of being a girl!" Alexis whined. She got out her eyelash curler and used it on her eyes. I looked at it in horror and shuddered. I admit, eyelash curlers kind of freaked me out.

"What's wrong? Afraid of a little eyelash curler?" Amy said, took hers out, and brought it closer to my face.

I smacked her arm away. "Get that thing away from me! I still can't believe you two pinned me to the ground and used it on me. I actually get nightmares about those things," I said.

"You're so ridiculous."

"Oh yeah as I walked out of here earlier, me and Seth bumped into each other..."

"Really? What did he say?" Alexis said and looked curious.

"We both said sorry and then I quickly walked away."

Amy gave me a look. "That's it? I thought it was going to be a lot more exciting." She crossed her arms.

"You think I would have a conversation with him after what happened yesterday? No way."

"We know. You've been avoiding him all day."

"You can't avoid him forever. He's Dylan's close friend after all," Alexis said.

"Ugh I know. I just wish Dylan wasn't such a douche," I said.

"Don't we all," Amy muttered and we laughed. "But it'll only be awkward if you make it awkward."

Deep down, I knew she was right but I didn't want to admit it so I didn't say anything.

"Ah, she knows you're right Amy," Alexis said and giggled.

I rolled my eyes. "Fine, she's right," I said and crossed my arms.

Alexis' face lit up.

"What is it?" Amy asked.

"I just realized that Kyler actually had a girly conversation in the girl's bathroom!" She clapped and jumped up and down giddily.

"Hey girls!" Amy exclaimed, causing the girls to face our direction and stop talking. "This right here is Kyler Kennedy and she had her first official girl talk in the bathroom!" They all clapped their hands and some of them actually cheered.

"You've got to be kidding me," I muttered. These girls are nuts.

"What? It's something to celebrate." Amy gave me a half-smirk. "We're proud of you."

"Did you see that? You had fangirls Ky," Alexis grinned.

I raised an eyebrow and looked confused. "Cool?" I said, more in a questioning tone.

Alexis took her phone out. "Now all we need is a selfie to capture this moment!" She snapped a picture of us.

"A picture in the bathroom? Pssh that's really lame and weird," I scoffed. I refused to use 'words' like selfie, YOLO, swag, ratchet, bae, YASSS, twerk, and whatever else is out there that a lot of teens said.

The bell rang and then we went to class.

**********

A/N: Do you think Kyler is making a good decision by avoiding Seth?

Also, do you go in the bathroom just to gossip with your friends? I'm sure almost all of us have done that at least once xD

READ

VOTE

COMMENT

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

271K 12.6K 56
Despite years of abuse by a close family member, Maya is starting to learn the meaning of trust and love with the help of her new family. She's made...
184K 3.6K 24
Anastasia has always lived in the shadows of her popular and overprotective brother, Alexander. Now on the verge of her sixteenth birthday, Anastasia...
45K 918 22
As the twin sister of Stiles, she often finds herself being compared to him - but she is quite different from her brother. Unlike him, she is popular...
870K 23.4K 77
She lives her life to the fullest as she is love by everyone in her home, where everyone supports and cheers for her. Some things also somewhat make...