SULTAN {Preview}

By AmirahJulde

#1 in Sultan, more times than I can count. "Promise me, promise me oh brother, that you will take care of Su... More

Introduction.
Keywords
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Author's Note
CHAPTER FOUR
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
I'm back!!!
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Author's Note
Meant Not To Be #ProjectNigeriaUC2017
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Happy Birthday SULTAN
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
A Review
Chapter Thirty-two
Dear Momma!
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
THE STORY OF US...
EPILOGUE TEASER!
EPILOGUE

Chapter Three

15.6K 1.7K 98
By AmirahJulde

Six Months Earlier...

"Assamu Alaykum" the Emir said while entering the Queen's sitting room.

"Walaykum Assalam" replied the Jakadiya replied as she kneeled down in greetings "May you live long your Highness"

"Thank you Jakadiya, where is my Queen and how is she feeling now?" He asked, the Queen has been having severe headaches and dizziness of late.

"She is getting better Alhamdulillah, she ran into her chamber when she heard your voice" she said excitedly

"Why did she run inside, and why do you sound so excited" he asked, amused.

"May your rein be long your Highness, I have good news for you" she said, while controlling her excitement for she was before the Emir.

"Good news? Mhmm...interesting, spill it then"

"Whats my reward, as the bearer of the good news"

"Name it"

"Three cows and three rams" she said

"You have it, now tell me the good news"

"Allah has finally answered our prayers, Sarauniya is pregnant" she almost shouted while the Emir looked both shocked and excited.

"You mean my wife is pre... pregnant?" He stammered, the word feeling weird to him.

"May your reign be long your Highness, I dare not lie to you, the Queen is indeed pregnant, we comfirmed it this evening. She is three months gone, the headaches and dizziness have paid off afterall" she replied, all excitedly.

"Alhamdulillah Alhamdulillah Alhamdulillah" he said aloud while raising his hands in supplication to his Lord and wearing a contented smile. "Let me go in and see her" he said while going into her room.

The Queen's room was a typical royally decorated room. It was very big and spacious, her bed was an elegant royal bed with stairs and a roof on top of it. On thd floor was a lush comfy red carpet with the design of a peacock spraying its feathers. By the left was a big traditionaly weaved mat, a couch, large beautifully designed pillows for resting, weaved hand fans and a table filled with trays of fruits ranging from apples, grapes, pineapples, mangoes, water melons, banana, oranges and the likes. By the right were 'kumbo'(stainless calabashes with covers, used for decoration), designed calabashes, weaved items and big weaved baskets which contains her clothes and Alkyabba (the royal thobe). On top of the baskets were boxes of jewelries ranging from gold, silver, pearls and beads.

"Assalam Alayki ya Habibti" the Emir said while entering the room

"Waalaykum Assalam ya Habibi" the Queen whispered her reply. She was sitting on the bed, the Emir could not help but marvel at her beauty. Even after many years of marriage, she still remained young and beautiful MashaAllah. She was dressed in a simple outfit, she was not one to wear the sophisticated Alkyabba, except when she was going out or when there was an important funtion in the palace.

The Emir came and sat beside her on the bed and placed his hands around her "Khadijah, is it true that you are pregnant?" He asked

"Yes I am" she nodded shyly. He immediately went down in supplications thanking Allah for the wonderful gift he gave them, a gift money could not buy"

Alhamdulillah, indeed Allah is Al-Wahab, the Giver of gift and Al-Wadud, the Most loving. Words cannot descibe how happy I am Khadijah" They have been married for eleven years, she was a princess from another kingdom. She was 16 then and he was in his late 20's and although he didnt like the whole idea of marrying a girl he have never seen, it was love at first sight when he saw her. She was so young and beautiful, tall slim and light skinned. She had all the features to make a woman beautiful, long black soft black hair that flowed down to her back, an oval face with hazel eyes, long darting eyelashes and her brows were full and a pointed nose to compliment her looks. She was just, MashaAllah. He was glad that he didnt disobey his father because she turned out to be very religious, shy, submissive and obedient. She was his Mar'atus Swaliha and he could not stop thanking his father for that.

"Allah has answered our prayers, indeed, Allah is with the believers" she said dreamingly and turning to him she said "Thank you, for being there for me, for standing by me through the tough times of my life"

"Stop saying that habibti, it was our battle to fight, that is what marriage is all about" he said firmly, remembering all the times during the past years that his cabinet members insisted that he took another wife since Islam permitted him to have upto four wives, in order to have a heir since they claimed his wife was barren. Although the Emir knew it was halal, he refused anytime the matter was brought up because he knew that he wunt be just between them, he knew that he will treat Khadijah specially for he loved her more than he could imagine. He was glad he had a supportive brother who stood by him and Khadijah was stronger than he thought she will be.

The Queen on the other hand, although kept praying to Allah for a child, she focused on being a good wife and also a good example to the society. Whenever she was depressed, she remembered Aisha (RA), wife of our Holy Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W). All through her marriage with the Prophet, she never bore a child yet she was one of the great women in history. She narrated many Hadeeths and was, is still is a role model to muslim women, her love story with the Prophet remaining the best. Putting all this in mind she knew that if was destined to be a mother, she surely will someday, and so she was bent on looking for her Jannah.

Breaking away from his thought, he placed a hand on her stomach and said "Do you have a name in mind for the child?"

"If by Allah's Will i give birth to a boy, we should name him Muhammad Sa'ad and if it's a girl, she should be Sa'adat" she replied excitedly

"Mhmm...beautiful name MashaAllah, what does Sa'ad mean?"

It means good furtune, good luck, success, happiness, blessedness, felicity and prosperity" she listed with her fingertips "I have kept it in mind for so long, the name suits our situation perfectly"

"MashaAllah, Alhamdulillah" he raised his hands in supplication "Ya Allah, Ya Malikul Quddus, thank you for giving me a thoughtful and righteous wife" and turning to her he said "You know, there is a Hadeeth in which the Prophet was reported to have said that, the world is full of enjoyment, but the best among all worldly enjoyment is a righteous woman i.e a Mara'atus Swaliha. Nana, you are my Mara'atus Swaliha, and I can't stop thanking Allah for having you as a wife. He said, calling her Nana as he sometimes fondly calls her while she covered her face with her palms. "I have a name for the child too, lets also call him Sultan, because InshaAllah one day he will become a Sultan(Islamic Leader). So that makes me Abu Sultan and you, Umm Sultan In Shaa Allah. He said smilling while she suddenly burst into tears. "What is the matter, is it the headache?" He asked in a panic tone

"Its just that, I am overwhelmed. I cant believe I will soon be a mother In Shaa Allah" she cried on his shoulder. He was silent as he stroked her back gently "I know how you feel, this is a test from Allah. You should be happy that we passed it, tests like this brings you closer to Allah. Look around you, wealth, royalty, power, all that could not give us a child. Only Allah, Jallah Jalalu(Great is His Majesty) can. Say Alhamdulillah" he concluded, wiping her tears. "I will send a messenger first thing tomorrow morning to go and inform your brother the good news" he said. The Queen's brother was the present Emir of their kingdom. "Where is Jakadiya? get her for me." She went out and came back moments later with Jakadiya behind her

"I am here your Highness" she said while kneeling down.

"Make sure you take good care of my wife Jakadiya, see to it that she rests more than she does before and I want her to eat alot of fruits and vegetables. Also tell the guards to slaughter cows, rams and cocks,this calls for celebration and as for your gift, i make it seven cows, seven rams and a camel."

"Thank you your Highness I am very grateful. Your wish is my command" she said while bowing and left to carry out the Emir's orders.

"Khadijah, let me go to the masjid now. Its almost time for Isha prayers"

"Ok, let me get up and pray also and please, dont forget to recite Suratul Mulk after your prayers, before you sleep" she reminded

"I won't forget In Shaa Allah" and with that, he left the room full of contentment.

             ***

Dont forget to vote and comment. Stay awesome.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.1K 2.8K 65
STARTED 28th April 2020 COMPLETED 31st March 2021 NOT EDITED The Love story of a Yakuza and an Ambassador's favorite daughter His name is Sultan Mo...
134K 12.3K 58
Book one in the Dantata Series She joked about getting a husband at the wedding. He was the groom's cousin. They say some love stories start when you...
405 75 10
Nurain and Du'a knew they were just friends, well get over it everyone. But no! Her family thought they were perfect for each other, his family thoug...
477K 57.9K 84
Highest ranking: #1 in #Hausa as of 27th June, 2018 : #1 in #Nigerian as of 8th August, 2018 One promise, one favour plus...