Below Ground

By UniSempai

[Part One of the Timeline Series] You were a foster child from since birth, you never liked the foster parent... More

Ello Ello
Chapter 1: So It Begins
Chapter 2: Bad Puns. . .
Chapter 3: The Loudmouth
Chapter 4: The Date
Chapter 5: Morning Spaghetti
Chapter 6: Working At Grillby's
Chapter 7: Pink Glitter and Yellow Hearts
Chapter 8: Back At Grillby's
Chapter 10: Blue Talks and Pink Lights
A/N
Chapter 11: Betrayal
Chapter 12: I'm So Sorry
Chapter 13: Do-Over
Chapter 14: The Bone Brothers
Chapter 15: Fireman's Pub
Chapter 16: The Undying Soldier
Chapter 17: Pink Encounters
Chapter 18: Blue Talks
Chapter 19: Gill-Friends
Chapter 20: Fire and Ice?
Chapter 21: Redacted
Chapter 22: Unexpected Intimidation
Chapter 23: Toasty
Chapter 24: The Forgotten
Chapter 25: The Final Step
Epilogue

Chapter 9: Petals

178 9 48
By UniSempai

The next morning was a bit calm to be honest, a little too calm, I thought Papyrus would've been jumping up and down on my bed for me to wake up and get ready for our second date or have Undyne help him make spaghetti again just 'less awesome" this time or even have her help him get me out of bed by dragging me out the sheets or something. . .hehe I'd like to see them try. But unfortunately none of that happened, hell he wasn't even there to wake me up at all, Sans said he was in his room doing something but was too lazy to figure out what.

I didn't let that get me down though, I mean it's Papyrus, nothing he does can get you down.

I was outside wearing a (f/c) long sleeved shirt with a Slenderman circle (or whatever Creepypasta you like most or hate the least) over where my heart is, long black baggy jeans, my converse, black fingerless gloves and my trusty beanie, I had my necklace out today. I don't know, I felt like showing it. I propped myself near the door and waited for Papyrus to come out which was taking a while. God, how long does it take for a skeleton to get dressed?

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket, strange. I don't remember giving or getting a number since I was down here, except Toriel, somehow she put hers in my phone while I was asleep at her house. . .goat mom is a sneaky mom. I took it out and realized it was a text from Charlie.

C: Hey, Y/N, thank goodness you texted me back, I thought you were a goner :'( I miss you. My parents noticed you missing but I don't think they registered that you're not coming back yet. No worries, at least you're safe :). Make sure you keep your furry butt out of danger okay? I have to go now, I can hear them coming up the stairs. Bye Y/N, hope to hear you soon.

I smiled softly at the text, I could just imagine Charlie's face when he wrote this, he always used to blush when it came down to something sentimental even if it was a simple 'I like you' to anyone. I was about to text him back when the door got busted open and out came a certain hyper skeleton.

"Y/N!! DO NOT WORRY, THE GREAT PAPYRUS IS FINALLY-" he stopped mid-sentence and realized he couldn't find me, "WHERE DID THE HUMAN GO?" He said more to himself although it didn't sound like it.

"Behind you Pap."

He turned around and I went wide eyed at what he was wearing. Black Jordans, yellow basket ball shorts that reached his mid thigh, a cropped orange vest like shirt, that showed off just below his rib cage, with basketballs on the shoulders and the words 'COOL DUDE' sewn in the front, a red cap on backwards and his red gloves. I didn't know whether to go back in inside and pretend he wasn't in front of me or laugh at the clash of bad fashion, I couldn't stop snickering.

"THERE YOU ARE, Y/N, THE GREAT PAPYRUS IS READY FOR US TO START ANOTHER GLORIOUS DATE. I DECIDED TO WEAR MY >SPECIAL CLOTHES< TODAY TO OFFICIALLY CELEBRATE THIS OCCASION, DO YOU LIKE THEM?"

"Yeah, Pap, uh you look pretty cool in them." I smiled, still trying to stop snickering.

"A GENUINE COMPLIMENT!" He squealed, a soft orange dusting his cheekbones, "YOU HAVE FLATTERED THE GREAT PAPYRUS, THEREFORE I MUST GIVE YOU A COMPLIMENT AS WELL!" He put his right hand on his hip bones, his left hand resting on his chin like he was thinking about something, "AH! I KNOW!" He walked up to me and pointed at my chest, "YOUR NECKLACE LOOKS COOL, NOT AS COOL AS MY OUTFIT BUT ITS UP THERE."

"Thanks Pap." I smiled again, I could feel my cheeks grow warm.

He muttered something under his breath but I couldn't hear him, "READY TO START OUT DATE Y/N?" He gleamed, that wasn't what he muttered though.

"Uh, sure."

He grabbed my hand and yanked me off into the snow, 'Nyeh heh heh'ing all the way, I smiled and laughed with him as I ran to keep up with him.

Time Skip!

We were in Waterfall again, without Undyne or Bi- Mitch with us, it was quite peaceful even if Papyrus' voice was bouncing off the walls and making it sound louder than it usually is. We were sitting at the edge of a glowing luminous blue pool that light up this whole section of the cave, we were eating something called 'Nicecream', it was basically just a popsicle. The taste was. . .different, I couldn't really pinpoint it, it was a bit off but whatever, at least we were here together. Alone. With no one to bother us.

"SO! Y/N, HOW DO YOU LIKE SNOWDIN? I KNOW YOU HAVEN'T BEEN HERE THAT LONG BUT YOU SEEM TO BE FITTING IN PRETTY WELL." He said, shoving the popsicle in his mouth. How does he even eat? Where does it even go? How is he even tasting without a tongue?

"I've got snow problem with it, seems pretty cool, tibia honest." I winked and elbowed his arm.

He gave me that unamused look he would give Sans when he said a pun but he had a smile on his face.

"Oh come on, my puns are humerous, you're smiling."

"I KNOW, AND I HATE IT." He crossed his arms in a pout but was still smiling.

I chuckled at him and he suddenly stood up, having one of those serious face he has when he's fixing a puzzle at home.

"I JUST REMEMBERED I HAD AN ERRAND TO RUN AND I NEED TO DO IT NOW-"

"Right now?" I whined.

"RIGHT NOW, I WON'T BE GONE LONG SO WILL YOU PLEASE WAIT FOR ME HERE?"

"Uh, sure Pap. I'll wait." I said in confusion.

He thanked me and ran off, disappearing down a dark hall 'Nyeh Heh'ing again. I tilted my head slightly where he left but shrugged it off, I wonder what he has to do that was so important. I stared into the luminous pool, seeing my reflection but a light blue, I wonder what makes it glow like this.

"Howdy!" A high pitched voice pipped

I whipped my head to the right to find a flower with bright yellow petals, elongated black eyes and a fanged smile. Its smile was bright and wide but its eyes were soulless. . .something about it seemed off.

"I'm Flowey. Flowey the flo-"

"Nope!"

I stood up quickly and walked the way Papyrus ran off to with my hands in the air without a care, I'm not dealing with a talking flower, nope! Sure I've flirted with a skeleton, met a guy made of fire and watched anime with a weeabo dinosaur girl but talking flowers is where I cross the line.

"Hey! Wait! Don't walk away from me!"

"Lalalala, I can't hear you!"

I heard a sort of slithering sound behind me like it was moving but I refused to look behind me, I refuse!

"I said wait!"

"Leave me alone!"

I sped up and was in a slight trot as I tried to find Papyrus, where could he have gone off to so fast? I heard the flower groan in an irritable way, then something spiky wrapped around my ankle and tripped me, making me fall forward.

"Let me go, you talking daisy!"

"First of all, I'm a buttercup, get it right," the thing around my ankle pulled me back and I tried to claw away from it but it was too strong, "secondly, I said to wait," its voice started to get low and demonic, "and thirdly, you know me so why are you resisting?"

More of whatever was around my ankle wrapped my hands to my sides and continued pulling me, I fought and fight but this bastard wouldn't let up, wait did it just say I know it?

"Stop squirming!"

"No! Let me go, dammit. I don't even know you!"

There was a slight pause then I was flipped to my back, I looked down and saw thorny vines as my binds and the flower had actually looked like it grew but the stem was just a lot longer.

"You don't remember me?" He said, his mouth wavering into a slight frown.

"Trust me, I would remember a talking weed when I saw one." I sassed.

"Heh, you called me that the first time we met too. . ."

The vines slackened a little but not enough for me to get away, he peered closer at my face as if studying to I see if I was lying or not.

"You look like my Y/N but you're not acting like it," he started to talk to himself, "could the timeline have reset again without me knowing?"

Timeline? Resetting? The hell is he talking about?

"And to think you're hanging out with that skeleton now." He scoffed.

"What about that skeleton?" I said with a raised brow, is he dissing my skeleton?

"Papyrus is such a loser he doesn't even realize it, " he laughed, "he's so stupid."

"He's not a loser!"

His eye ridge rose in a judging way and a smirk played on his lips.

"Oh don't tell me you like that loser."

"I always l-"

I stopped myself before I could finish, my cheeks growing slightly warm, no way I'm letting this demon flower know who I like. . .it isn't that obvious right?

"Oh my God! I can't believe you," he laughed heartily in my face, "you can't be serious. How can you like that wannabe? He's just so retarded!"

"Well he's more of a man you'll ever be." I muttered under my breath.

"You never said anything when I showed you how manly I could be though." He sassed.

A wicked red blushed whipped across my face, what the fuck is that supposed to mean??? The vines started to climb up my legs and tighten on my skin painfully.

"If I remember correctly, you always liked it when I used these on you." He smirked pervertedly.

I squirmed uncontrollably to get away, failing, every time I moved the vines would get tighter, it was getting hard to breathe.

"Let me *gasp* go!!"

"Why? So you can go back to hanging out with that retard," the vines went further up my legs. . .closer to my crotch? "When you can drop the façade and stay with me~?"

"STOPPIT!!!!!!" I yelled.

His faced changed to shock as we locked eyes, I felt like I was on the verge of crying and he must've noticed caused he started to frown, the vines around me finally let go and I could breath properly. When I was free I crawled away from him, clutched my chest and breathed hard, my heart was beating so hard my chest was hurting. He reverted back to his original size and his head was still down.

"This is some game you're playing, Y/N." He chuckled uncomfortably.

"Game? YOU THINK THIS IS A FUCKING GAME?!?! I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOUR ASS AND YOU WANNA PULL SOME TENTACLE HENTAI SHIT WITH ME!!"

He looked up slowly and calmly with a crooked smile, his petals looked pointier and his eyes gave a more sinister glare.

"I'll make you stop playing games sooner or later Y/N," he ignored what I just said, "and you'll admit you remember me whether I have to force you or not."

He gave off this weird high pitched cackle and sunk into the ground. What the fuck just happened? A few seconds passed and I couldn't stop shivering, a cold sweat broke out on my back, I hugged my knees and gripped my jeans legs, trying to calm down. Why am I shaking so much?

"Y/N?" I felt a tap on my shoulder and I jumped.

"GAAAHH! DON'T TOUCH ME!!" I turned around and saw Papyrus, he was wide eyed, shocked with a hint of hurt.

"Y/N? WHAT IS THE MATTER? WHY DO YOU HATE ME ALL OF A SUDDEN? IS IT BECAUSE I LEFT YOU?"

"What? N-no! No, uh, I don't hate y-you Pap. I could never hate you!" I was still clutching my chest but was standing now, I walked over to him to calm him down but I was still shaking, "I-I must've fallen a-asleep a-and had a b-bad dream is all." I tried to fake a smile but he didn't look convinced.

"A BAD DREAM? WAS I GONE FOR SO LONG THAT YOU FELL ASLEEP? I'M SO SORRY. I DIDN'T MEAN TO TAKE SO LONG TO GET MY PRESENT FOR Y-"

He gasped and covered his mouth with his right hand, I rose a brow at him and tilted my head slightly.

"What present?"

"PRESENT? I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT A PRESENT." He looked to the side and started to whistle, making it even more obvious that he was lying.

I realized his left hand was behind his back and an orange blush danced across his face.

"What do you have behind your back?"

"NOTHING!"

"Pap." I said more sternly.

". . .OKAY. . ." He slumped slightly and brought his left hand forward, it was a small orange flower with glowing petals and a bud that looked like a trumpet in a plant pot, "I WANTED TO SURPRISE YOU EARLIER BUT IT SEEMS YOU'VE SOLVED THE PUZZLE SOONER THAN I THOUGHT, Y/N." He smiled softly.

He grabbed my wrist and placed the pot in my hand, it was so small it looked like it could blow to dust with just the slightest breeze. A smile plastered on my face, ignoring what happened before, and I'm pretty sure my cheeks were a fire engine red at this point.

"What kind of flower is it?"

"ITS AN ECHO FLOWER, OF MY OWN DESIGN ACTUALLY, I MADE IT WITH MAGIC," a proud smile raised on his face but his cheek bones were a deep orange, "ITS SUPPOSED TO REPEAT EVERY GREAT QUOTE I HAVE EVER SAID AND ALL TO BE SAID AS WELL, I ALSO HAVE ONE TOO," he grabbed another one from behind his back, magically, but that one was (f/c), my favourite color, "SINCE I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, AM SO SKILLED IN MAGIC I MADE THEM SPECIAL. THEY CAN ALSO COMMUNICATE WITH THEIR OTHER HALF IF ONE IS SPOKEN INTO. I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT YOUR FAVOURITE COLOR WAS BUT I HOPE THIS COLOR WILL SUFFICE."

"Thanks, Papyrus, I love it."

I don't know what caused me to do this but I just did it. I grabbed his shoulder and pulled him closer and kissed his cheek bone, I could feel the bone grow hot under my lips and his body went rigid. When I pulled away I saw his sockets were wide and he stared off into space intently.

"Pap?" I snapped my fingers in front of he and he came back to earth.

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR?" I shrugged.

"W-WELL TH-THANK YOU Y/N FOR TH-THE KISS," he looked off like he wanted to say something but shook it off, "WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO HOME NOW?"

"S-sure, if you wanna."

He took my hand softly and pulled me off homeward with a big ass smile on his face and a skip in his step.

When we arrived home though something weird happened, when I was about to go to bed he stopped me and grabbed my shoulders to pull me close, by the time I realized it his teeth were pressed against my forehead in what I would assume to be the skeleton form of a kiss.

"Good night, Y/N." He pulled away suddenly and practically ran to his bed and jumped in, rolling himself up in the sheets before cackling again. I could feel my entire face grow hot as I stared absentmindedly at the humped bundle of giggling sheets, I smiled so wide my cheeks starting to hurt. The butterflies in my stomach made me feel queasy but a good kind of queasy.

"Night Pap. . ." I buried my face in my pillow and did a soft fangirl scream.

I GOT A KISS FROM PAPYRUS!!!!!! I GOT A KISS FROM PAPYRUS!!!!!!
ALL OF YOU OTHER READERS CAN SUCK IT!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.8K 562 14
All I hear is screams. All I smell is blood. All I see is decapitated bodies. Up here on the surface, it's never safe. No matter where you go, no mat...
375K 11.7K 44
Sometimes life gets to the point where you feel like you're a paper airplane. One minute you're soaring, feeling as if nothing could ever get you dow...
14.5K 452 35
CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM BOTH PACIFIST AND GENOCIDE RUNS After a horrible situation, I (Y/N) scaped from home to avenge my (sibling). In a failed attem...
64.6K 1.1K 23
You live in Ebott City and you hear a story at the beginning of summer about the cursed mountain next to the city. You wanted to do something excitin...