The Loss Reduction (Cedric Di...

By ayeen1433

Cedric Diggory just lose his twins, Edward Diggory. However, he have a sister to take care, Sandra Diggory. S... More

Chapter 1: Bad dream
Chapter 2: Meeting
Chapter 3: Feeling
Chapter 4: Pain
Chapter 5: Chosen
Chapter 6: Surprise!
Chapter 7 : First Task
Chapter 9: Dream and Second Task
Chapter 10: The Truth
Chapter 11: The beginning of losing
Chapter 12: Stay

Chapter 8 : Yule Ball

336 4 0
By ayeen1433

Sandra was on her way to find Cedric and Victor. It's been a week she doesn't meet them since the first task. The news about Yule Ball spread around the castle and people now talking about it. She smile amusement seeing girls chatting and laughing and worried about what should they wear for the Yule Ball.

"Well, I am so excited to know who will ask me to the Yule Ball." A young blond girl almost screamed enthusiastic with her friends.

"Well, My mom have bought me a beautiful dress. I can't wait to wear and show it to everyone." Another girl telling their friend louder almost make everyone hear her. Sandra rolled her eyes annoying with them.

She is now going to library to find if she is lucky to find Victor in there. This lately Victor act weird. When Sandra ask his best friend, Max, about Victor. He will say that Victor not with them and Max feel weird when one day he go to the library and find him was in library. What was on earth her Victor do in the library? Victor that she knows is someone who hate going to the library.

Sandra enter the library and absolutely her eyes caught on someone. She smile when she find out the reason behind it. She smirked as she walk to Victor who keep staring the person across him at the bookshelf. She take on cautious every step she take so Victor doesn't know that she is coming to him. She take a long way to stand behind Victor and at the moment she was at his behind. Sandra keep her lips close enough to Victor ear whispering. "I got you!"

Victor freaking out almost screamed but Sandra put her hand on his mouth. She smile amused seeing his Victor freak out. Most of students who near look at them including Hermione. Victor turn to Sandra with furious face. Sandra bite her lips from laughing too loud. Her eyes get wet as she laughed in silence. It takes time to calm down and when it's end, she faced Victor who almost feel annoying waiting her stop laughing.

"You're so lucky I love you or not I punch you straight to the face." Victor said furiously with pulling Sandra arms to the corner of the library.

"Hahaha, you should see your face Vicky. It was so funny!" Sandra chuckle amusing. It is not easy to see Victor freak out like that. She always failed to make prank on Victor. Every time she doing it, Victor will find out but this time is not.

Victor shake his head looking on Sandra who still chuckling a little bit. "What are you doing here?" Victor asked Sandra annoyingly.

"Of course I'm looking for you. What? Don't you miss me? Are you going to ignore me like Cedric do?" This time her face look serious. Suddenly Victor feel guilty and his hand take a strands of her hair behind her ear. "I'm sorry. I'm busy to find out for the next task." He lied but that is a part of the reasons.

"Busy finding the next task or busy flirting with one of my friends?" Her voice is sarcastic toward Victor. She take a breath as her eyes closed try to not let the anger out. "Do you like Hermione?" Sandra continue as her voice turns softly and she look through his eyes.

Victor clear his throat and nods as his gaze doesn't look at Sandra. He is too shy to admit it.

"Then ask her out!" Sandra jumps amusement in front Victor. Victor who is scared before now  looking at Sandra wondering if she was insane. He shake his head and smirk to Sandra. "I have but she refused." Victor voice slow. Sandra look at Victor weird. Well, no one ever refused to go out with Victor. Who doesn't know him? Mister popular. The best seeker in the world. Young and handsome who almost make every girl faint seeing his smile.

"Why?" Sandra asking concern.

"She wait for someone asking her to the Yule Ball." His voice feel hurt. Sandra hug Victor when she muffled on his chest. "That's okay, if she is not going with you. I will be delightful to go with you."

"Anyway, let's talk. I'm not finish talking with you." Her eyes narrowed. Sandra take Victor with him to the lake. Victor just followed as he know what she want to talk. "Have you see Cedric?" Sandra asking Victor who walk beside her.

"No. Why?" He look at Sandra carefully as he lied to her. He have meet Cedric two days ago and they're fought because of one reason. Soon all the secret will be tell to Sandra.

Sandra couldn't say anything but she really miss Cedric. They are not close like before since  Cedric enter the Triwizard. When they arrive at the lake, Sandra take a sit on the rock. She glanced at Victor. "What?" Victor ask confused.

"Do you know something about the mark on my palm?" Sandra ask with showings her mark that she got.

"Why do you asking me?" Victor ask cautiously. "Well, Cedric told me that you know about this thing. I'm a dragon rider? How?" She look at Victor desperate to find the answer from him.

"Sandra," Victor take a sit beside her while his gaze was looking to the lake. "I don't know where I should start it. But, yes you're dragon rider. It was a gift since you born. You're not like the others. When you get this mark, you will have your full power where you share it with Olly. Half of your life depends on it. If your dragon died you lose your power and the ability to heal person or anything."

"Heal?" Sandra look at Victor shocked.

"Yes, you can heal anything Sandra. But, you can't take back a life who is died. Like someone who get the killing curse." Victor explained. "However, it take too much power and strength to do it. You need to learn it first before using it." Victor continue.

"How.. How you know so much about this?" Sandra feel weird to Victor how he know about it like he have experienced into it. Victor smile and look at Sandra. He rubs her hair. "Because I'm a dragon rider too. Just like you." Sandra face shocked again when she heard it from Victor.

"So, where is your dragon. Why'd never show your dragon to me?"

"Because it is not the right time to tell you." Victor chuckle a little. "Do you want see him?" Victor continue with asking Sandra about it.

"Of course I do. How can you meet my dragon while I never know yours." Sandra feel furiously. Victor laugh looking her face. Sandra was cute when she get mad. Not long enough his dragon landing in front of them. Sandra eyes get widen see the beautiful creature in front her. It was clear blue sky with a torn at the tail. It looks dangerous to touch but the creature never look dangerous to her. It is lovely, it is so magical. "Hi, Sandra." Suddenly the voice in my head greet her. She look at Victor asked for some explanation.

"It can communicate with me too?" Sandra reach the dragon head while asking Victor. Victor just nod as the answer. "So what is it name?" She glanced at Victor. "Fiona." Victor smile as he rub his dragon body.

********************

Sandra walking with Victor to the great hall for the dinner. They are talking about the dragon and Sandra make Victor promise to teach her more about the dragon. When they enter the Great Hall, her eyes catch a couple who sit side by side laughing and joking. They seem happy. The couple  was Cedric and Cho. Sandra feel heartbroken when she saw them. Victor glanced to what her dazed go. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders and keep walking to Gryffindor table's to eat.

As Sandra enter with Victor, Cedric act like he doesn't care. He laughed and joked with Cho. Pretending like he was deep in love with Cho while it is not. When he saw the sad face on her face he take a heavy breath. "Are you okay?" Cho look concern. She know Cedric doesn't love her but she really happy to be with Cedric.

"I don't know. I'm sorry, I need to go and I meet you later?" He smile guilty to take a leave while Cho was excited telling him a story. "Yeah, sure." Cho smile softly. Cedric just stand up when Cho pulled his hand. "You will ask me for the Yule Ball, right?" Her voice seems hopeless. Cedric nod and leave with a smile.

Sandra was begin to eat when Cedric is leaving the hall. She push her food and chase for Cedric. "Cedric!"

Cedric turn back to see Sandra who is now running to him and then hug him tight. Cedric confused doesn't know what he should do but his feeling say that he is missing Sandra so he pulled Sandra more close into his embrace. Sandra close her eyes feel this moment. It's been a long time she doesn't feel the hug from Cedric. "I miss you Cedric. I miss you so much. Why must you running from me? Why it is hard for me to meet you?" Her voice shaking as the tears streaming down her face.

"I'm not running from you Sandra. It just I need time to think. You know.. For the Triwizard." Cedric smile as he push Sandra so he can see her eyes. Sandra nod understanding even though it is hard for her to believe. The dream that she dream haunted her again. She try to ignore the dream but she was afraid, afraid of losing her brother again.

"Hey, I need to go now. I see you later, alright?" Sandra just smile weakly and Cedric kiss her forehead to leave. While he turn away from Sandra he pulled Sandra into his embrace again and murmur on the top her head. "Don't be so choosy to have partner for the Yule Ball." He wink as he let go Sandra and leave. Sandra smile and her smile fades away when Cedric lost from her sight. Then she go back to Great Hall and seeing Ron pull a dress robe from the box.

"Ginny these must be for you." Ron give the dress robe to Ginny but she refused.

"I'm not wearing that it's ghastly." Ginny said disgusting toward Ron while her Hermione laughs.

"They're not for Ginny, they're for you! Dress robe." Hermione laughing.

"Dress robe? For what?" Ron shocked and disgusted seeing the dress that his mom sent to him.

"For the Yule Ball fool." This time Sandra answer his question with laugh burst from her mouth.

**************************

Every Gryffindor students need to gather in the assembly room. Sandra walk with Ginny and Hermione to the assembly room. Professor McGonagall was ready waiting for the students gathered in the room. When all the students arrived she announced.

"The Yule Ball has been tradition of the Triwizard tournament since its inception. On Christmas eve night we and our guest gather in the Great Hall for well mannered frivolity. As representative of the host school I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward and I mean this literally because the Yule Ball is first and foremost... a dance." Professor McGonagall explained.

There are groans fro the boys who are listening on. The girl seem a lot more excited. Sandra roll her eyes amusement. Well, nobody have ask her to the ball. Victor have ask Hermione but she refused but still waiting for her answer and ask Sandra to help him. Cedric of course will go with Cho.

"Silence, the house of Godrick Griffindorenhas commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you in the course of single evening besmirching that name by behaving like babbling, bumbling band of baboons." Professor McGonagall continued while the twins whisper and laugh.

Sandra look at Hermione with her smirk. Hermione glanced at Sandra but pretend to focus to Professor McGonagall. "Hermione.... My beautiful Hermione.." Sandra calling Hermione with melancholic voice. Hermione rolls her eyes annoying with Sandra. She know what Sandra going to ask. "What?" Hermione answer with annoyed voice.

"Have you say yes?" Her voice slow enough for just between them hear it. "No." Hermione answer with heavy breathing.

"Why?" Sandra frowned. "Because I'm not ready beside don't you think he is too popular to go with me. Look at me. A girl who always with her book wherever she go. I'm not pretty at all." Hermione answer.

"Who said that? You're pretty. Believe me. Besides, that makes you special than the other who always chasing my cousin wherever he go. You know, girls like that is not his type. He like you." Sandra smile courageously. Hermione smile heard the compliment. "Well, I will reconsider about it. Anyway thank you." Hermione thanks to Sandra. When they finish talking professor McGonagall ask the boys and the girls get up to dance. However all the boys still seated and Sandra smirk as she pulled Harry to dance with her.

************************

After Sandra finish her class someone is running to her with callings her name. When she look back she find Max with his breath faster after chase her. "Max? Why are you running to me?" Sandra chuckle seeing max who still try to catch his breath. "Well.... I.. Want... Ask... you.. If you want go to Yule Ball with me?" Sandra suddenly froze when she heard Max asked her to the ball. She doesn't know how to answer him. She just make decision if nobody ask her then she will spent her time with Olly practice some ability that Victor teach her. Sandra remains silent.

"I just asked Victor if you already get a date and he tell me that you still available. Well, I'm really want to ask you for the ball when I know about it but I thought you go with him or Cedric." Sandra chuckle a little.

"So, that's why nobody ask me for the ball? They think I'm going with my brother or cousin?" Sandra smile but her smile seem hurt.

Max clear his throat and chuckle nervously. "So, do you.." Sandra cut him off. "Yes, I am delightful to go with you Max." Sandra laugh brightly. "Oh, god. She so damn cute when she laughs." Max tell himself. He fall in love with her since the day Victor introduced her to all his school members. Well, Sandra is beautiful person and that's not so hard to not fall for her. Sandra waves her hand to his face and he smiles shyly when realized that he was dreaming.

"So I meet you then at the Great Hall." Sand kiss his cheek and walk to her next class while Max froze where he stand and looking at Sandra who smile delightfully to him.

**************************

"So, how I look?" Hermione look at Sandra asking for her opinion. "You look stunning Hermione. Don't worry, you're perfect. Believe me this night all eyes will stare at you." It was almost ten times Hermione asked Sandra about how she looks and it is almost ten times Sandra convinced her. "Well, Sandra.. You are more stunning than me but thank you for all this." Hermione sincerely said it from her heart. "So, let's go to the ball and make Ron regret for not asked you to be his partner." Sandra give Hermione the courage to face Ron. Sandra dislike Ron for make Hermione hurt. Forever she will never like Ron.

Sandra and Hermione already at the stairs to get down to the Great Hall. Hermione feel so nervous  and she look at Sandra. Sandra smile and take her hand into her hand and walk through the staircase. People staring at them make Hermione smile shyly and blush while Sandra keep walking with a confidence smile. Victor and Max give their arms when they reach to the bottom of the stairs. Sandra look at Victor with narrow eyes. "Take a good care and have fun!" Sandra say with amusement.

"Don't worry sestra. She will be my princess tonight." Victor wink and leave Sandra with Max with giving a glance at Max as ' I'm watching you ' . Max shake his head and smile towards Sandra. "You look beautiful tonight my princess." He take her hand and kiss make Sandra blushing.

While Sandra and Max talk, Cedric glanced at Sandra. His eyes keep staring her ignore Cho who is talking to him. "She pretty.. Too much pretty with that dress. Guess I'm not wrong chose that dress for her." Cedric say in himself. Cho waves her hand make he realize that is time for the champion get inside for the dance. He look again Sandra who now walking with Max to the hall. Sandra glance at Cedric with her wide smile.

The dance have begin with the champion and max give his hand to Sandra for the dance with a bow. Sandra smile happily and give a bow before take his hand. It's been a long time she don't dance since Edward gone. The dance make her miss Edward. Every people stare at Sandra and Max. They make a lovely dance as together with a wide smile and happiness written on their face. Victor smile as he see Sandra happy with Max while Cedric try to hide his jealous expression.

After one song to the another song, Cedric take a breath and push himself to ask Sandra dance. He tapped on Max shoulder as a sign for Sandra. Max just nod and give her hand to Cedric. Sandra smile shyly and she is blushing. "Why are you blushing so much today?" They take a step by step for the beautiful song. "I don't know. He is such a gentleman and he make me a lot of smile with his words."

"Be careful my dear. I don't want you hurt. Don't be easy to fall for a guy you just meet." Cedric advice Sandra. "Well, I guess if he hurt me or he is a jerk I believe Vicky will handle it." Her voice far away when she said it. Cedric want to open his mouth but Sandra cut him out. "I miss him. I miss Edward. This dance reminds me at him. Also, with you right now with me make me miss him a lot." Sandra murmur with her head now rest on his shoulder.

Cedric remain silent. A memories about Sandra and his twin come to mind. It's been a long Sandra doesn't speak about Edward but tonight she speak about him. When Edward still in this world, he will always ask Sandra for the dance. He love Sandra so much and because of that he refused to go to Hogwarts and spent his time with Sandra.

"I'm sorry if I hurt you everytime I talk about Edward. I know it is hard for you to accept it when he was gone and I'm sorry because of me you lose him. I want you to know that I'm regret for force him company me to meet my dragon when he was not well. I'm sorry because of me...." Suddenly her voice is shaking and Cedric feel his robes wet. He push Sandra and the tears fall from her eyes. Now he know why Sandra never mention about Edward. She was afraid to talk about Edward since the day Cedric mad to him. He take Sandra in his embrace hug her tightly. "I'm sorry, I'm really didn't mean it. It's okay. Everything will be alright. Please don't cry, I'm sorry." He try to comfort Sandra and he hug Sandra more tightly.

"I don't know but I'm sorry for your lost." Sandra sobbing between her voice then she chuckles. "And because I miss him, my feet is hurt now. I don't know when because I was drunk with the happiness I got tonight." Cedric shocked then he look at Sandra feet. Her feet become blistered and there is some blood on it. He take Sandra in his arms and let she sit on the chair near them. Cedric open her shoes to cure the pain but Sandra stop him.

"It's okay, I can do it by myself." She smile softly and then she put her hand on her wound. There a light under her palm and when she remove her hand the wound was not there. Cedric who watched it feel shocked and look at Sandra who now feel weak. She almost fell but Cedric catch her. "Guess I'm not strong enough to heal this wound." Sandra tell Cedric weakly. Cedric let Sandra rest her head on his chest in his arms.

She know her Sandra need him. She was weak and sad this lately. He is wonder what if the nightmare was true? If he gone, who will take a look on Sandra? Will Sandra strong enough to let him go? Suddenly he stand up leaving Sandra who is now blurred with what happened. She call Cedric but Cedric just walk without looking back and ignore her.

Cedric feel hurt to leave Sandra like that but he need to do that so when he gone, she don't feel too much pain.

As Cedric leave, Max come to Sandra but in that moment, Sandra faint. Max catch her and call Victor who still dance with Hermione. When he heard Max call him, his eyes catch Sandra who unconscious in his arms. He runs to them look at Sandra who is now in pale. " I don't know, I saw Cedric leave him and when I come she fainted." Victor shook his head and take Sandra in his arms. That night Sandra sleep with Victor screaming over her nightmare. Her nightmare that night is different from the other. That night she dream about Edward death's follow by Cedric death's.

*finished my chapter 8. Sorry if it take a long enough. I am so busy nowadays. Well.. Hope you enjoy it. Thank you for reading my story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.5K 1.1K 21
Cecelia Diggory is the younger sister of Cedric Diggory, both very close siblings living in England, Great Britain with her older brother and 2 paren...
141 1 19
Scarlett Diggory was an ordinary Hogwarts student, well, as ordinary as you can be with the Golden boy of Hogwarts as your twin brother. She was smar...
514 49 24
15 year old Katianne Potter finally broke out of her little bubble and decided to be friends with not just Elliot Diggory and her brother, but also w...
2K 41 7
Arya Gerasimov lost her twin sister at a young age to Death eaters and has lived in the dark for a long time, not knowing much about the outside worl...