All I Ever Did (Levi Ackerman)

By petrasinsagain

Sargent Genevieve Smith of the Survey Corps- Second in command of Squad Levi. Finding peace living in the wa... More

Beginning Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen

Chapter Eight

27 2 0
By petrasinsagain

Chapter Eight: Hope Decays

(POV: Genevieve)

Squad Levi stood outside the castle as Erwin and Mike approached on horses. I stood trying not to grin. The two dismounted and stood before us. Everybody stood at attention.

"Eren, take the horses." Levi commanded. Eren nodded and took my cousin and Mike's horses to the stable.

"You all can stand down." Erwin said. He looked at me. "Go for it." He said. We both broke out into huge grins as I ran to hug him. He laughed a little as he held me. We let go of each other, though keeping one arm around one another.

"Commander Erwin, how's HQ?" Auruo asked, trying to sound like Levi.

"Fine, Auruo. Thank you for asking. Now, come. I want to hear everything that's been happening." Erwin said. Everybody walked in before us. Erwin held me back. "How is everything between you and Levi?" He asked quietly.

"Good. Hange found out and you know how she is..." I explained. He nodded and leaned forward, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"He'd better be treating my girl right." He whispered. I nodded with a smile.

"He is. Believe me." I assured him. We walked in and sat down at the table in the dinning hall. We all sat talking, me beside Erwin who was at the end of the table across from Levi. Eren brought tea before sitting down beside me. Erwin took my hand and smiled at me affectionately.

"So, Commander. Anything planned for the regiment soon?" Petra asked.

"Another expedition outside the walls." Erwin said. Then the pain started again. I groaned and gripped Erwin's hand tighter before the vision started again.

I sat on my horse, Levi beside me on his horse. He reached his hand over to mine, gently lacing our fingers together. I looked over at him, a smile gracing my features. He gave me a small smile in return before his attention moved back up to the front where Erwin was. I looked over at Levi and sighed. I leaned over more to him and grabbed the collar of his shirt.

"Gen, what're you-" I cut him off by crashing our lips together. He immediately kissed back. We slowly broke the kiss, still close to each other though. "I love you, Genevieve." He whispered.

"I love you, too, Levi." I whispered back. We pulled away from each other, our hands still together.

"Let the 57th expedition outside the walls begin!" Erwin yelled. Then, with one last glance at Levi, I let go of him hand before riding outside the walls.

I was snapped back to reality by Erwin holding me in his arms yelling for me.

"Genevieve! Genevieve! Can you hear me?!" He yelled for me. I looked up at him. He was breathing heavily and looked panicked.

"Erwin." I whispered softly. I put my hand on his chest. He looked down into my eyes and stroked my hair softly.

"Genevieve, oh God, I was afraid." He said, hugging me to him tighter. I felt him pick me up.

"Take her up to rest. Her room is across from mine. I'll show you." Levi said, walking before us. I rested my head against Erwin's collar bone as he carried me up the stairs. Erwin soon laid me on my bed. Levi sat beside me on the bed, Erwin on the other side of me.

"Levi, has that happened before?" Erwin asked, his bushy eyebrows furrowed together.

"Yes." Levi sighed. "This was the third one, I believe. They've all been recently. The first time, we were all in the dinning hall and she was standing before she fell over. She has had a glazed look over her eyes before she falls to the floor unconscious." Levi explained. "Second time, the two of us were outside and I pinned her to the ground after a hand to hand exercise and she hit her head really hard."

"That's not good." Erwin sighed. "Gen, I want you to come home for a couple days. Just so I can watch over you." He assured me. I shook my head.

"No, I wanna stay here!" I protested. Erwin took my hand.

"Genevieve- I'm your guardian. I don't want anything to happen to you. You're my girl. I can't let anything happen to you." He said softly.

"No. I want to stay and help Levi!" I continued to protest.

"Genevieve." Levi silenced me. "Please just go with him. Just a few days, then you can come back and be with me. I promise that everything will be okay. I just don't want anything to happen to you, either." He said, gently running his finger down my cheek in a calming movement. I sighed.

"When do we leave?" I asked in defeat.

"You'll leave with myself and Mike later. Don't worry about bringing stuff. You'll be taking time off while you're home." Erwin said. I nodded.

"Let's go back down. We need to finish this." I said. The two nodded. I held onto Levi's shoulder for support, still feeling dizzy. We walked down the stairs and back into the dining room. I retook my seat beside Eren and kept my eyes on the table.

"Auruo, you'll be second in command while Genevieve is home with me." Erwin said. Auruo looked up surprised.

"Mini-Boss is going home?" He asked hesitantly. I nodded.

"For a few days. I'll be back, though." I assured them. Auruo nodded.

"Okay." He sighed. I smiled at him. I knew the others would be alright without me. I just didn't know about Levi.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I sighed at I saddled up Nocky. I stroked her mane.

"Hey, girl. Ready to go home?" I asked her softly. She put her nose against my hand. I smiled softly at my mare. I felt arms around my waist. "Levi."
I giggled. I turned to see Eren instead. He was awfully close to my face.

"Please don't go." He pleaded. "I'm afraid of Heichuo." He said. I chuckled and fixed his collar before running my hands down his chest.

"You'll be okay." I promised. I leaned in and kissed his cheek. "But you won't be if Levi catches you with me." I told him. He backed away from me just as Levi walked in.

"Scram, brat." He told Eren. Eren ran out past him and Levi walked over to me. He swiftly grabbed my waist and brought our hips together before crushing our lips together in such a passionate kiss, our lips locked. I put my hands on his chest. We stood making out for several minutes before pulling away for air. Levi and I still were extremely close. He stared into my eyes for several moments before pulling me into a tight hug. I put my head in his embrace and just hugged him back.

"I'll be back soon." I assured him. He held me tighter.

"I love you, Genevieve." He whispered.

"I love you, too, Levi. I'll see you soon." I told him. He nodded and kissed me one last time. I mounted Nocky and he took my reins from me. He led the mare out of the stable and out to the others. We reached the front of the building where everybody stood waiting. Levi patted my thigh gently before handing me the reins.

"Stay safe." He said quietly. I nodded.

"Same for you." I said back, a smile on my lips. He walked over to the rest of the squad.

"Ready?" Erwin asked me. I nodded. "Let's go." He said. Mike, Erwin and myself rode off, leaving my squad and my love behind. I looked on forward, fighting back tears.

"Don't hurt yourself, you idiot." I whispered, as if Levi could actually hear me. I shook my head to clear my thoughts. I was worrying already. I sighed.

This was gonna be a long trip.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

(POV: Erwin)

I looked back and Genevieve, who was dozing in and out of consciousness.

"Mike! Genevieve! Let's stop for a moment!" I yelled. Genevieve woke up a bit and stopped her horse- Nocky. "Gen, come get on with me. You're too tired to ride." I told her. She looked like she was going to fight me, but she sighed and slid down.

"I hate you." She grumbled, tying her horse to mine. "You care too much and know me too well." She continued. I helped her up so she was sitting in front of me. It was easier for me to ride without her falling off the horse from behind.

We continued to ride into Wall Sina, Genevieve was asleep before we left Wall Rose. We slowed our horses as we went through the normally crowded streets. I sat back, letting Genevieve sit more comfortably against my chest. I kept one arm around her waist to make sure she wouldn't fall. People knew the wings of freedom and who I was. The few people out pointed and talked.

"Excuse me, Commander Erwin. Who's that?" A small voice asked. I stopped my horse and looked down to see a small girl looking up at me in amazement. I smiled at her.

"This is Sargent Genevieve. She's my little cousin. She was really sleepy, so I told her to ride with me so she wouldn't get hurt." I explained politely.

"Oh. Okay." The young girl said. I smiled at her.

"Have a good night, sweetheart." I told her before continuing to ride. I felt Genevieve stir a little. I rubbed her side gently. She sighed and kept still. We soon were able to go faster as we near HQ.

When we finally arrived, two stable boys ran out to get the horses. I gently woke Genevieve.

"Hey, Princess. You need to wake up. We're home." I whispered.

"No, Levi! I want to sleep some more." She said groggily. I sighed.

"It's Erwin, Gen." I told her. She woke up and slid down off the horse. She walked into the HQ in defeat. I ran up to her.

"Are you alright?" I asked. She shrugged.

"You know, I woke up this morning in Levi's arm, a smile on my face because I was with him. I just don't know how I'm going to do without him with me." She admitted. I put my arm over her shoulders. She whimpered slightly. "I miss him already." She whispered.

"I'm sorry, Gen. I just need to know you're okay." I told her. She nodded. We walked to her room. I opened her door for her and let her in. "Sleep well, Genevieve." I told her before shutting her door and going to my own quarters. I walked in and took off my uniform before getting in bed.

I knew Genevieve was upset. I knew she loved Levi more than anyone- myself included.

"I'm so sorry, Gen."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

(POV: Genevieve)

I tossed and turned for a bit before groaning and getting up. I was just in another one of Levi's t-shirts. It smelled of him.

I got out of my room and walked down the hall to Levi's room. I opened the door quietly and walked in. Everything was still neat, but it was collecting dust. I crawled up onto his made bed, snuggling under the sheets.

I breathed his scent in that lingered on the sheets. I felt a tear streak down my cheek. I wiped it away and cuddled down into his bed. It felt empty without his presence. I held tighter onto the sheets.

"I need you, Levi." I whispered. I soon fell asleep, alone and with an aching heart.

I realized that much just how badly I needed Levi.

"Without you, I feel broke like I'm half of a whole"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

144K 4K 17
You have a rough past, your father leaving you for the Scouting Legion and dying, being a assassin, living in the underground, getting caught by the...
1.4M 53.4K 72
She was one of the most talented cadets the regiment has ever seen. So it came quite a shock to them when they heard that she was planning to join th...
73 4 1
When i first saw you, i didn't think that you'd be this important to me. Heck, I didn't even think that you'd be anything to me. A fragile girl, an a...
31K 1K 21
Y/N is what you'd categorize as a background character. She joins the survey corps as the rest of her friends from the 104th. Little does she know wh...