ADHD

Oleh Enaxor1993

Ever wonder what having ADHD feels like ? If so, read that book. If not, just... Just don't read it... *distr... Lebih Banyak

ADHD
Differences between ADD and ADHD
I. Just Stay Focused

II. Myths vs. Facts

2.1K 69 97
Oleh Enaxor1993

Myths and facts about ADD / ADHD in adults

MYTH : ADD/ADHD is just a lack of willpower. Persons with ADD/ADHD focus well on things that interest them; they could focus on any other tasks if they really wanted to.

FACT : ADD/ADHD looks very much like a willpower problem, but it isn't. It's essentially a chemical problem in the management systems of the brain.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
MYTH : Everybody has the symptoms of ADD/ADHD, and anyone with adequate intelligence can overcome these difficulties.

FACT : ADD/ADHD affects persons of all levels of intelligence. And although everyone sometimes has symptoms of ADD/ADHD, only those with chronic impairments from these symptoms warrant an ADD/ADHD diagnosis.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
MYTH : Someone can't have ADD/ADHD and also have depression, anxiety, or other psychiatric problems.

FACT : A person with ADD/ADHD is six times more likely to have another psychiatric or learning disorder than most other people. ADD/ADHD usually overlaps with other disorders.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
MYTH : Unless you have been diagnosed with ADD/ADHD as a child, you can't have it as an adult.

FACT : Many adults struggle all their lives with unrecognized ADD/ADHD impairments. They haven't received help because they assumed that their chronic difficulties, like depression or anxiety, were caused by other impairments that did not respond to usual treatment.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Source: Dr. Thomas E. Brown, Attention Deficit Disorder: The Unfocused Mind in Children and Adults

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

221K 4.9K 71
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad
63.9K 1.1K 96
Continuation of Modesto story who happens to intercourse with friends,mature,classmates,strangers and even family...
39.8K 1.3K 17
18 year old Ymir grew up on the outskirts of a small Romanian village. On her 18th birthday she sought out to run away from home when things haven't...
84.8K 3K 72
I do not own any of the characters. Y/n are a supe. But not a famous one, that didn't work out. Now you are one of the sevens PAs. Maybe, briefly Th...