The Middle Child

By electric_forest

Having an older brother Dylan (who's annoying), older sister Clarissa (who's a drama queen), younger brother... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue (Chapter 31)

Chapter 6

4K 95 24
By electric_forest

{Character in picture: AnnaSophia Robb as Alexis Shay}

{Song video: Avril Lavigne - Sk8er Boi}

Boy was I wrong when I said that just because Clarissa and Melody have the same features and mannerisms doesn't mean they have the same personality.

Me, Alexis, and Amy leaned against the lockers and watched Clarissa and her clique walk in the hallway. Melody was also with them. All the guys stared at them like they were goddesses.

"I can't believe that's Melody," Amy said with her face scrunched up. "Well I guess I was wrong when I said she could join our squad."

Alexis looked just as shocked as I was last night. "Wow...she really changed. Her and Clarissa are like twins! It's scary."

"Yup..." was all I said.

All of a sudden, Cayden came up to us, well more specifically to Alexis. "Hey Alexis," Cayden said shyly. "You...uh...look very beautiful today." He brushed his hair with his hands and looked at the ground.

Alexis blushed and put a few strands of hair behind her right ear. "Thanks Cayden. You look good yourself," she giggled nervously.

I scrunched my face up. I'm happy that Alexis is happy, but this will take some time to getting used to. I'll always view Cayden as another Dylan.

"Oh hey Kyler," Cayden said, noticing my face expression. He slapped my head and laughed.

"Ugh whatever," I mumbled and smacked his arm.

He turned back to Alexis and they slipped into their own conversation.

"So how are you and Seth coming along?" Amy asked me.

"Shhh! What if Cayden hears you? I'll be ruined!" I hissed, looking mortified.

She rolled her eyes. "That'll be good. The sooner Seth knows you like him, the better."

"I don't want him to find out through Cayden. The only thing worse than that is if Dylan found out."

Amy was about to say something else but the bell rang and interrupted her. Thank God.

 ---

As soon as I got home after school, I went to the kitchen, looking forward to having chocolate chip cookies and noticed Dylan, Cayden, Luke, and Seth sitting at the dining table. I went to the cookie jar and saw it was empty.

"Sorry we ate all of them sis," Dylan said and smirked. Cayden and Luke snickered but Seth just sat there.

I rolled my eyes. "Can't you and your friends hang out and eat somewhere else?" I snapped at him. All day I was looking forward to eating those cookies but no they were gone.

"Too bad, too sad," Cayden remarked and laughed.

"Ugh if only Alexis knew how truly annoying you are," I said.

"Hey let's go to the skate park," Dylan said to the guys. They nodded in agreement and got up.

"I'll join you," I invited myself and smirked.

Dylan groaned. "Ugh why? Just go do things with your little friends."

"Yeah...what he said," Cayden said.

"Hmmm...okay I will," I said with a sly smile. "I'll text them to go to the skate park with me."

"Look if Kyler wants to come then she can come," Seth spoke up to the guys. I looked at him in surprise and smiled.

Dylan, Cayden, and Luke gave him a weird look. "Since when do you want my sister coming along?" Dylan asked.

Seth rolled his eyes and didn't say anything else. I gave Seth a smile and went up to my room.

I group texted Amy and Alexis: meet @ the skate park by my house in a few mins

About 15 minutes later, me and my friends went to the skate park and then went up to Dylan and his friends.

"Hey," Cayden said and smiled at Alexis.

"Hey," Alexis said back, smiling.

I made a disgusted face and Seth laughed. "You noticed?" I said and burst out laughing too.

He walked up to me. "Yeah...your face expression was funny that's all," he said. "So...you going to skate?"

I knocked on my skateboard a few times. "Yup I am." I went over to the skate ramps and started skateboarding. Seth followed me and went to where I was and started skateboarding too.

Amy and Alexis were sitting on a bench, watching us. Since Alexis didn't know how to skate, Amy usually sat with her whenever we went to the skate park so she wouldn't feel left out. Amy knew how to skateboard, but she only knew how on roads and other flat surfaces.

Dylan, Cayden, and Luke were skateboarding on the other ramps.

A few minutes later, Cayden skateboarded over to Alexis and Amy. "Hey Alexis," he said to her. "I was just wanting to know if I could take you out to dinner this evening..."

"Yeah that'd be great!" Alexis exclaimed and grinned at him.

"Awww!" I exclaimed and skateboarded over to them. "You two's first official date!"

Cayden shot me a look and I laughed. "Do you know how to skateboard?" he asked Alexis.

She put a few strands of hair behind her ear. "No I don't know how," she replied shyly.

"Here...you can try balancing on my skateboard. That's how you'll learn to skate." He took her hand and she got on the skateboard. She kept wobbling and clutched onto Cayden. "It's okay. You just got to practice."

"Ah!" she exclaimed and almost fell but Cayden caught her.

Amy took a picture of them and the flash went off. Me and Seth burst out laughing and Cayden and Alexis gave her an annoyed look. "That's so cute," Amy said and grinned. We tend to act embarrassing around new couples.

"Shut up," Alexis mumbled.

Dylan and Luke skateboarded over to us. "What's going on over here?" he asked.

"I took a picture of Cayden and Alexis! Look how perfect they look," Amy said to him and grinned.

He rolled his eyes and groaned. "Ugh now we all have to hang out together because they're dating."

I smirked. "Yup we sure do. Oh yeah I should tell them about the time when you were 12 years old and-"

"Kyler don't you dare!" He interrupted and I burst out laughing.

"I'd like to hear this story," Seth said and smirked at Dylan.

"Me too actually," Luke said.

"As I was saying, when he was 12 he still wet his bed and when he was 6 he still sucked his thumb!" I exclaimed and all of us, except Dylan, burst out laughing.

"Ha! That's hilarious!" Seth said while laughing.

"Dude you were a sissy," Luke said.

"Bed wetter! Thumb sucker!" Cayden exclaimed.

"I'm going to get you for this Kyler!" Dylan said, glaring at me.

"Okay go ahead." I smirked.

He squinted his eyes at me. "I will, just you wait."

"That's for eating all the cookies." His threats didn't scare me. I didn't get embarrassed that easily and I pretty much didn't have anything to hide.

"Awww Dylan was a thumb sucker," Cayden joked and laughed. Dylan punched him in the arm. "Wow...pretty good for someone who wet his bed at age 12." Dylan punched him even harder. "Okay...chill." Cayden burst out laughing.

We hung out and skateboarded for a few more hours and went back home.

**********

A/N: What do you think of the characters so far? Who's your favorite and least favorite, and why?

Any of you skateboard? I don't but I'd love to learn how xD. Whenever I go to one of my best friend's house, I try balancing on the skateboard and fail at it. I don't have very good coordination >.<

READ

VOTE

COMMENT

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 1.1K 129
This story is my happy place; I do not plan on ever finishing it. It will go on and on like a soapie. Might break it up into volumes later. "Grab a b...
3.2K 48 13
π——π—œπ—¦π—–π—Ÿπ—”π—œπ— π—˜π—₯: 𝘧𝘒π˜ͺ𝘳 𝘸𝘒𝘳𝘯π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨, 𝘡𝘩π˜ͺ𝘴 π˜ͺ𝘴 π˜ˆπ˜žπ˜π˜œπ˜“. 𝘐 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘡𝘦 π˜ͺ𝘡 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 π˜ͺ 𝘸𝘒𝘴 𝘧π˜ͺ𝘧𝘡𝘦𝘦𝘯, 𝘴𝘰 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘡𝘩𝘳𝘦...
6.3M 269K 40
Sierra Lancaster has had an agonizingly mediocre life. She grew up in a happy home, made loyal friends, graduated college, and is now pursuing her dr...
203 6 8
Kaya moves to New York to live with her older brother Jackson. She needed to get out of that small town and turn over a new leaf in her life. She n...