Lupin's cub (Remus Lupin's Un...

By BookieBat

What if Remus Lupin had a daughter, and that daughter was a werewolf. What if he never knew? What if her moth... More

Monsters
Congratulations you're a father
In the moonlight
Dementors
Well this is new
Dog in the castle
Dementors return
Christmas
Secrets and fears
Old friends and the full moon
The witch is back
Pranks and birthdays
Ghosts of the past
Just a joke
Nightmares
The world sucks sometimes
The perfect gifts
Laughter
Death becomes her
Grimauld place
Parting of the ways
Absense and love
Some revelations hurt
Fury of a fearful child
The Order
We are what we make ourselves
Things done in secret
Day out/ worst fears
Growing up
St. Mungos
Christmas at Grimauld
Return to hogwarts
The toad
If only youd'd listen
Ive got you puppy
The coming storm
Nuts
Party
Party 2.0
Pranking apprentice
The failed trick or treat
Wounds
Christmas matchmaking
Cookies
All good things
Dyrim
Betrayal
Chaos at a wedding
Moonbeams
Death
Into death
The aura will tell
Epilogue

Blood Moon

42.4K 1.3K 1.7K
By BookieBat

Summer in the cottage turned out to be an interesting affair, in Caelen's opinion. While she was more than happy to be back in the little house she'd come to love, and she was obviously pleased to see her uncle's newfound happiness with his welcome freedom, there had settled a coldness between her father and godfather that the girl wasn't used to. Even when Sirius had done stupid things in the past, like their trip out last autumn, Remus had always been quick to forgive him. This time was different somehow and despite the girl's best attempts the two largely avoided each other.

It appeared easier on Sirius to do so, at least from Caelen's perspective. The newly cleared ex-convict had developed a habit of going out at least once a day, always returning with a sweet or trinket for the young girl and a stiff, somewhat forced, smile for her father. Caelen, never one to miss emotions, understood why he needed to go out daily, as if he were reassuring himself he actually could. What she didn't understand was the distance between two people who, up till now, had been obviously close.

She'd written Harry about it earlier in the month expressing her discomfort and confusion with the whole situation. It was the reply to that letter that had her scurrying excitedly up to her room and launching herself onto her bed.

Hey Cae, I'm happy to hear you're doing well I feel truly horrible about what happened. About Sirius and your dad, I think Remus feels like Sirius should have kept a closer eye on you. Kept you from following me to Hogwarts. I wish he wouldn't blame Sirius, if anything it's my fault you were hurt. I plan to write to tell him so, I hope you both can forgive me, id never hurt you or put you in danger on purpose Cae. I miss all of you terribly, the Dursleys have been their usual pleasant selves. I've enclosed your birthday present I know it's a bit early but better that than late yeah? I hope you like it.
Love,
Harry

Caelen sighed as she folded the letter, placing it in the drawer of her night table and turning the small package thoughtfully in her hand. She hated knowing they were all blaming themselves. Caelen knew both Harry and her uncle Sirius wouldn't be persuaded of their innocence in the matter and, despite his apparent anger towards her godfather,  it was obvious her father blamed himself for not being with her.

A soft knock sounded on her, slightly opened, door breaking the girl from her thoughts, "hey pup, it's nearly sundown. Your dad seems to be getting anxious, I thought maybe you could come down?"

Caelen smiled slightly, placing the present on her bed and climbing down, to hurry over to her godfather.  "Why're you and daddy fighting?" She asked quietly when they reached the top of the stairs.

Sirius froze midstep, before beginning their descent, attempting to appear nonchalant. "What makes you think we're fighting?"

Caelen rolled her eyes, glancing up at Sirius sideways and lifting an eyebrow in amusement. "Yes because you're both so subtle." She responded, sarcasm dripping from every word. "I'm not stupid anyone can see you're avoiding each other, why?"

The girl paused then tugging him to a stop and glancing up nervously, "is it my fault?"

Sirius sighed kneeling before the little girl, who'd become as important to him as if she were his own child. He brushed a lock of baby-fine brown hair back from her face gently, stalling for a moment to think of words to reassure her. "No baby, it's not your fault at all, it's mine. I was meant to be watching out for you, I didn't pay enough attention and you got hurt."

"But that wasn't your fault!" Caelen argued immediately, "you wouldn't have let me go, I knew that. I hadn't intended to actually go in the first place I was trying to catch Harry."

"But you see puppy it shouldn't have been you that needed to catch him. It should've been me. And even if you were the one in the room at that moment and the same things happened I should've noticed you were gone. Sniv-" he paused noticing the irritation flash in the girl's eyes at the name, "-Snape, shouldn't have needed to come tell me where you were. I should've been there to protect you."

"She'd just have sent you to azkaban!"

"And I'd go," Sirius responded with such conviction that the girl froze completely, staring at him open mouthed. He laughed lightly, tapping a finger under her chin to close her jaw. "Azkaban is horrid, and I know horrid, you've seen where I grew up, but I'd go back in an instant, to protect you. Your dad has every right to be angry at me, I'm angry at me."

Caelen pouted, "but I'm alright." She insisted trying to make him see. "I'm fine, being mad at each other and yourselves is pointless. It's only hurting the both of you and I don't understand!"

Sirius chuckled quietly pulling the child into a tight hug. "Don't you worry puppy, we'll work it out. Your daddy and I have been friends since we were only a bit older than you. We'll work it out eventually. For now though it's time we went to the basement huh? Remus will be wondering what's happened to us and there's not much time left.

The duo hurried the rest of the way to the basement in silence, Caelen glancing thoughtfully up at her uncle as the went.

Remus was waiting for them when they reached the bottom of the basement's stairs. He smiled, an exhausted, slightly sick, looking smile that didn't reach his eyes, from his spot in the back corner of the small space. He shot a gentle look towards Caelen, "I was beginning to wonder about you two."

"Caelen's been worrying about us," Sirius replied looking pointedly at his friend.

Remus glanced towards his daughter finding instead her small wolf form. "Guess it's time then." He grunted as the moon took hold and pain began coursing through his body.

"I'll be here moons, it'll be alright." Sirius reassured quietly, reaching a cautious hand to brush against the shaking man's shoulder.

"Should, go," Remus choked out through clenched teeth, "been too long."

"Nonsense Remmy, I was always Moony's favorite." Sirius bragged, his smirk not quite reaching his eyes in his worry for his friend. "Besides sniv-Snape gave you the wolfsbane, everything will be fine."

Remus body curled suddenly and he let out a short howl of pain, "angry, won't work, go!" He gasped before the moon took full control and he was transformed into his wolf form. 

Moony lay panting in the corner as he recovered from his transformation, "moons?" Sirius whispered hesitantly. A deep growl was his only response. "Ah come on moony, you've had the wolfsbane, just focus on who you are. You're not the anger Remus, you're books and wittiness, soft jumpers, hot cocoa, tea, chocolate obviously, you're the best father I've ever seen and the dearest most loyal friend, you're the moon-"

Remus growled deeper at that snapping his jaws at his friend.

"-okay no I know how you feel about it but the moon is a beautiful celestial body, really, and besides the moon and the star," he chuckled slightly at his joke, "it's kind of poetic really, you'd enjoy that if you felt like...well you. You are though Remmy, you're the good in the world. Just, come on, focus on who you are."

Caelen glanced between her uncle, wondering why he didn't just change to his animagus form, and her father growling menacingly in the corner. Professor Snape had told her once wolfsbane worked best when the mind was clear. If it was clouded with emotion the wolf could take hold, overpowering the potions effects. The girl was certain that's what was happening here, emotions he's refused to acknowledge and deal with since the night of the battle at the ministry were overpowering him now.

"Daddy, please?" Caelen tried through their wolf link.

Her gentle appeal went unheard, however, as at that moment the great werewolf leapt at his friend. Sirius had mere seconds to transform before they were tumbling around on the floor of the old cottage's basement, teeth and claws bared. Sirius managed to escape the wolf's jaws and stood panting hoping his many barks and growls of warning would keep the creature at bay, knowing deep down they wouldn't.

Caelen's tiny worried barks sent irritation coursing through Sirius' dog form. He hated that she was witnessing this, hated that he hadn't managed to get through to Remus before it had come this far.

Moony circled the smaller canine menacingly, his teeth bared, haired peaked, muscles tensed to attack. He growled deep in his throat before leaping forward once more. This time his aim was better and he locked his jaw around the dog's right front paw.

Sirius let out a yelp of surprise before howling in pain as the wolf's mighty teeth tore into flesh and bone. He batted desperately at the larger animal with his remaining limbs, attempting without success to bite into the wolf's corse fur.

Both creatures were surprised by the tiny blur of fur launching itself between them. Caelen slammed her little body into the wolf's snout, desperately hoping to stop the fight. "Daddy let go!" Her little voice sobbed as she butted her head into his.

Both animals stilled, Sirius glanced in surprise at the little wolf cub as he hurriedly limped away.

"Move cub!" The werewolf snapped as his cub positioned herself protectively across the black dog's head and neck.

"No daddy," Caelen responded giving out a tiny bark of her own, "you hurt him and you wouldn't really want to hurt him. If you want to fight more you'll have to go through me first!"

Sirius whimpered trying to gently dislodge the little wolf from his head. "No puppy, I don't want you hurt."

Caelen blinked, stunned, "you can hear me?"

"Yeah I guess so..." Sirius grunted in obvious pain.

"Can you hear daddy?"

The black dog tilted his head slightly glancing at the wolf prowling in agitation a few feet away, "has he been talking?"

"Only a bit," she responded nuzzling into Sirius' thick black fur in exhaustion.

"Guess not then." He shifted once more causing the little cub to slide down landing on his left paw with an oomph.

Caelen glanced worriedly at the wounded one, "that looks bad.."

Sirius sighed, licking at his bleeding appendage gently and wishing he could go upstairs for his wand. "I'll be alright puppy, I've got you to protect me huh?" He laughed slightly nuzzling Caelen closer and laying his head against her small round belly. "Go to sleep little one, it'll look better in the morning."

Sirius was the first to wake, shortly before the sunrise. He shifted silently into his human form, lifting the sleeping wolf cub in his uninjured arm and carrying her quietly up to her room, tucking her gently into the bed. He smiled as she shifted her human form, her brown eyes, the exact copies of her father's, glancing up sleepily from the covers. "Uncle Sirius?"

"Hey baby, it's real early go back to sleep alright?" He whispered patting her head.

Caelen glanced at his hand he had cradled against his chest, "are you alright?"

"I'll be fine, just gonna go take care of this," he lifted his right arm, trying to hide the wince as he moved it. "Go to sleep puppy, I'll see you in a few hours alright?"

Sirius walked back to the kitchen retrieving his wand quickly from the box he'd stashed it in with Remus' the night before. He fumbled awkwardly with it in his left hand attempting unsuccessfully to cast ferula.

"Let me help," Remus' voice gruff with sleep and exhaustion sounded from the kitchen doorway.

"I've got it," Sirius replied snappishly.

Remus paused midstep, hesitating uncertainly, "come on Siri, let me help you, it's my-"

"-Remus shut up!" Sirius shouted pointing his wand angrily towards his friend. 

Remus stepped forward cautiously, "I'm only trying to help."

Sirius scowled, "Well stop trying!" He snapped moments before casting his first successful ferula of the morning, missing his arm entirely and inadvertently bandaging the teapot.

"Just let me help!" Remus responded exasperatedly, reaching out to grasp the other man's wounded arm just above the abrasions. Reaching into a nearby cupboard he set to work gently washing and wrapping the wounds.

Sirius rolled his eyes but didn't pull away. He glared at a spot on the wall refusing to look at Remus as he worked. "You're the only wizard I know who uses bandages the muggle way!" He snapped as if the lack of magic annoyed him.

"My mother used them the muggle way," Remus responded quietly.

"Yeah well she was muggle born, there's a difference."

Remus shrugged dismissively continuing his ministrations. "I'm sorry," he whispered after a time.

"Yeah well so am I!" Sirius retorted, unwilling to let it go right away. "I'm not even mad about my hand Remus, Merlin knows I've had worse! I'm mad because you seem to honestly believe I'd be careless with Caelen's safety! Yes I wasn't around much that day but every other day for months we've been together! I screwed up that one day but I had no idea it would put her in danger! I'd NEVER purposely put her in danger! Not ever."

"I know that," Remus whispered.

"And you were off Merlin knows where flirting with my cousin! Snivelous was here during meetings letting me know how useless I am and my mother was always screaming! I just needed a little break, not from Caelen she means the world to me, but just some silence!" Sirius had tears in his eyes as he ranted his free arm motioning wildly in his agitation. "I didn't mean for her to get hurt, I'd never want her hurt."

Remus sighed pulling the shorter man into a hug, "I know," he began in a gentle whisper, "I'm sorry for the way I've acted. I know you'd never hurt Caelen, I just felt so helpless. All I wanted to do was rush to where she was but I couldn't and I had to trust you, I do trust you!" He hurriedly added at Sirius' frustrated expression. "I just, hearing she was in danger, I needed to see for myself. Then when I found you both and she looked so small and fragile and you were out where anyone could see you and send you to azkaban. I felt like my whole world was crumbling and I lashed out at you for it."

Sirius made a show of inspecting his fresh bandages as he attempted to settle his thoughts and emotions. "As long as you trust me," he finally grunted nodding his head as he did so.

"I've always trusted you, I always will." The two lapsed into an awkward silence, neither knowing what to say.

"Soooo..." Sirus began, "wolfspeak?"

Remus' head snapped up instantly, "pardon?"

"Last night, when we were fighting Caelen was yelling at you to stop." Sirius paused shrugging, "I heard her."

"Oh! Wow! You heard her? Like in your head?" Remus clarified rubbing his chin thoughtfully. "We're you able to speak back?"

"Yeah."

"Wow," Remus sat abruptly at his kitchen table absently prodding at the nick in the wood where Gena's knife had been. "That's really uncommon..."

Sirius waved his wand, only slightly awkward with the bandages, as he started the, now unbandaged, teapot boiling. "What's it mean?"

"Well the wolfspeak is the manifestation of a magical bond. Caelen and I are bonded as father and daughter and we belong to each other's pack so to speak."

"So pack members can communicate?"

"Eh, no not quite. I can communicate with Caelen because she's my daughter. You, James, and uh..." He trailed away unwilling to voice the traitor's previous place in their lives, "well we were all pack, as close as any I can imagine, but we didn't have the wolfspeak. It's more of a familial bond. Caelen sees you as a father figure and you reciprocate those feelings. That alone wouldn't cause the wolfspeak but pairing your place in the pack with what she must've felt watching us fight last night," he spread his hands as if to say well that's that.

"So I can't communicate with you then?" Sirius asked curiously as poured them both a cup of steaming hot tea.

"Well I mean you could, if we were mated." Remus smirked, old boyhood obnoxiousness lighting up in his tired brown eyes. "I highly doubt you want me up your arse though."

Sirius spluttered choking on his tea eyes widening comically. "I, wha...?" He stammered in surprise.

Remus smirked in amusement over his own cup of tea. He was just taking his first sip when a knock sounded at the door. "We're we expecting anyone today?" He questioned, cautiously exchanging his teacup for his wand lying on the table before him.

"I don't think so," Sirius replied following suit as he moved toward the door.

Remus' hand on his shoulder held him in place.  "Go to Caelen, let me."

"Rem-"

"-Sirius please just do as I ask this once?" Remus interrupted looking pleadingly at his friend.

"Fine, but I'm staying on the stairs."

Remus nodded knowing that was the best he could hope for as he moved toward the door, wondering nervously who stood on the other side.

____________________________

Update! Yay! And I broke he adorableness that is full moon chapters! I'm so sorry! 😭 it's massive though so hopefully that helps!? Biggest chapter I've ever written I'm about 97% sure. Hope you enjoyed it despite the feels. Anywho next chapter soon as I can love you bunches my lovely readers 💙😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 2.3K 11
Lyra Lupin-Black, the daughter of alleged masse murder and a werewolf. What happens when she travels back in time with Harry Potter, The-Boy-Who-Live...
106 1 9
Alcyone is the youngest daughter of the noble and most ancient house Black. Just like her sisters, her parents had her fate arrange by agreeing on an...
55.4K 1.4K 13
────────────────── .Λšα΅Žβ”Š π—Œπ—π—‹π–Ίπ—‡π—€π–Ύπ—‹π—Œ ⋆.ೃ࿔:ο½₯❝ π‘ π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘›π‘”π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘  π‘‘π‘œ π‘“π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘’π‘›π‘‘π‘ , π‘“π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘’π‘›π‘‘π‘  π‘–π‘›π‘‘π‘œ π‘™π‘œπ‘£π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘ , π‘‘β„Žπ‘’π‘› π‘ π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘›π‘”...
5.6K 54 17
In this story you are the daughter of Sirius black and remus lupin. You are living with remus and know about Sirius being in Azkaban. You know the ri...