Just a Bet

By ZimBob

One bet started it all, how will it end? Betting is the way of life for Liam Gold. He never backs down from... More

It Was Just a Bet
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter Twenty

Chapter Sixteen

28.9K 627 52
By ZimBob

Eliot's POV

            Liam took a seat across from Jenny, poking his burger with his index finger. I took a bite out of mine, enjoying something for once. Liam was glancing at Jenny to me, constantly, like we were about to cat fight our way into his heart. Yeah, right. Jenny and I are somewhat friends now. Even though we hated each other at first, she was pretty cool after she stops bitching. I think after I had punched her, we had a mutual bond of not fucking with me. I wanted to reassure Liam that everything was going to be okay. At least for the next couple of days.

            I made the decision to leave. After the dance of course and that was only because of Ava. I would have to leave sometime anyway because the Gold family hadn't even adopted me. And who would want to adopt a freaking seventeen year old who was messing around with their son?

            Demarko shifted in his seat, "Did you guys hear that Mr. Ross is retiring?"

            I glanced at Jenny, who had jolted upward when she heard Mr. Ross. My guess was proven a long time ago that Jenny was fouling around with the young and hot Chemistry teacher while playing it hard to get with Liam. No wonder the poor boy was confused about where his relationship with Jenny was. Even Jenny didn't know but in some way, she cheated on him.

            "Does anyone know why?" She asked.

            Demarko shrugged, "He didn't say but tomorrow's his last day."

            "Oh,"

            I finished my burger while everyone else's plate was full still. Jenny pulled her phone out, "I have to call my mom. I'll be right back." She left the kitchen.

            "Eliot, who are you going to the dance with?" Random question, Demarko.

            Liam answered, "She's going to with."

            Demarko raised an eyebrow, "That's cool,"

            I heard faint shouting. I turned toward the window and saw Jenny shouting into her cell phone on the porch, "I'm going to check on her, okay?"

            The boys shrugged starting a conversation about football. I went to the porch and listened to her.

            "How could you do this to me? I love you, John." The other end must have gone dead because she had a confused look on her face, "John?" She sighed and put the phone away.

            A tear escaped her eye and she furiously wiped it away, "Like what you heard?"

            "Was that Mr. Ross?"

            She nodded, choking back a sob, "He's leaving for good. He's transferring schools so he can let me go. Apparently, I'm not good enough for him," Her hands formed into fists, "I gave him everything, Eliot. Every last innocence of mine and he just used it and ran. I bet he'll do it to another girl."

            "I'm sorry,"

            "No, you're not. You're happy, I can tell. Now, I have no one. I knew John was going to leave me so I had Liam but you came and took him away from me. I hate you, Eliot. I fucking hate you."

            I kept my cool, "Hate me all you want but I've been through your shit. People you love always leave you so if it makes you sleep easier at night; I'm leaving after the dance. Keep Liam but if you hurt him, sleep with an eye open, you spoiled bitch. And since this stupid bet is over and Mr. Ross is fucking gone, go tell Liam the fucking truth about Mr. Ross. He needs to know why you've been playing with his mind the entire time."

            Jenny sniffled, "I... El_"

            "Shut up and go. I'm sick of all this bullshit. I want the last two days with Liam to be peaceful." I muttered.

            "I'm sorry," She sighed and went inside.

Liam's POV  

            Jenny walked into the kitchen, eyes puffy and red. She stopped in front of me, "Liam, can I talk to you?"

            "Sure," I didn't get up.

            Jenny threw daggers at Demarko, "In private."

            "Oh, my bad," Demarko got up and left.

            "What do you want to talk about?" I asked, pulling the seeds off the bun.

            "While we were... uh... somewhat going out, I was... with Mr. Ross."

            I stopped playing with the bun and stared at Jenny. She sniffled, waiting for my response. Honestly, I wasn't angry or sad. I didn't care. What happened with Jenny was the past. I'm with Eliot now. That's the only thing I should be worrying about, "That's something else."

            "That's all you can say?" She gaped.

            "What do you want me to say?"

            She frowned, "I don't know but I would appreciate something. Liam, what I did was wrong and the thing is I love you."

            How long had I waited for Jenny to tell me that? "The feeling isn't mutual." I turned back to my seeds.

            She grabbed my face and forced me to look at her, "How can you treat me like this? I'm in love with you. And I know you feel the same, Liam. I want us to be together. Mr. Ross is gone and we can finally be the couple you wanted us to be."

            "Right. The couple I wanted us to be. Not you and you still don't. I'm over you, Jenny. I have no feelings for you."

            "I don't believe you," Her voice sounded strained.

            "You want me to prove it to you?" I snarled, shoving her hands off my face. I stood up, fully pissed now. I gripped the back of her neck and kissed her.

            I felt empty.

            It felt like two rocks pressing together not our lips. I had absolutely no feelings for her that the kiss felt like crap.

            I pulled back, glaring at her, "Did you feel anything?"

            She bit her lip, stepping away from me, "No."

            Demarko stepped into the room, a frown on his face, "What the fuck was that?"

            My eyebrows furrowed, "Excuse me?"

            "Did you forget about Eliot? You go and kiss Jenny when she's only a room away?"

            My heart dropped, "Please don't tell me she saw that."

            Demarko nodded.

            "Fuck," I started for the stairs when Demarko stepped in my way, "Get out of my way."

            He shoved me into the wall, "She doesn't want to talk to you."

            A door squeaked open upstairs and Eliot stopped at the top of the stairs, "I'm not going to the dance with you."

            "Eliot!"

            She turned around and ran back to her room.

            I pushed Demarko, "Let me go. I need to talk with her."

            Demarko throw me back so hard that I stumbled over my feet, "She doesn't want to, man. Take Jenny home, I'll go see what's up with her."

            "But..." I didn't want to go anywhere with Jenny. All I wanted was Eliot. Why did it have to be so difficult?

            "Just go,"

Eliot's POV

            Seeing Liam kiss Jenny was like getting punched in the stomach. Repeatedly. I had asked Jenny to tell him that she cheated on him but something must of went wrong for that conversation to end in a kiss.

            I felt like crying but the tears weren't coming. I didn't deserve this.

            The door creaked open and Demarko's head poked through, "Hey, gorgeous."

            I sat up and smiled a little at him. Demarko always seemed to make me feel better. He came and sat down on the bed next to me.

            "Liam must have had a good reason to have kissed her."

            "Was he trying to kill a bug on her lip with his tongue? I don't think so."

            He chuckled, "But that shouldn't stop you from going to the dance. You can still have fun."

            "I'll just get laughed at."

            "Then we'll both get laughed at. Come to the dance with me. I promise not to break your heart," Demarko grinned, holding out his hand, "Let me be your prince for one night."

            I hesitated but took his hand. He kissed my hand and smiled, "You won't regret this."

            But I felt like I would.

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN!!!! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

282K 4.5K 40
"Guy's lets do a bet".Devon said.Now this Is interesting."What about"?I asked."If you could sleep with a virgin you win fifty bucks and you have unti...
188K 8.4K 27
"Mamma. What's a mate?" "Liam, honey. Where did you heard that?" Five year old Liam said hugging a book half his size. He went to his mother's side w...
190K 7.4K 32
A RπŸ’—mance NπŸ’–vella Do you know why you're told to never get drunk? It's because you wake up and discover you made choices you never would have made...