The Core

By kat1315

When the Lyoko Warriors discover a new room hidden in the depth of Sector 5, they'll discover more than just... More

Chapter 1: New Room?
Chapter 2: Dawn Nova
Chapter 3: William
Chapter 4: Activated Tower
Chapter 5: Scyphozoa
Chapter 6: Codes
Chapter 7: The Core of Lyoko
Chapter 8: A World Without Danger
Chapter 9: Unknown Illness
Chapter 10: A Cure for the Core
Chapter 11: Hidden Secrets
Chapter 13: Aftermath
Author's Note

Chapter 12: The Savior of Two Worlds

612 18 1
By kat1315

So Dawn has disappeared on to Lyoko in hopes that she will be the only who will have to be sacrificed in the destruction of Xana. But will it really be that simply?

When I appeared on to Lyoko I quickly made my way towards the edge of the sector. I had to get as far away from Lyoko as possible before Jeremy and the others come for me. It took me a few minutes but finally I could see the edge of the sector in the distance.

"Welcome home, Dawn." I stopped and turned abruptly. I saw Xana standing there in some body he must have created in the time we were gone.

"What is it you want from me? I have no quarrel with you Xana, but if you want to get in my way then I'll stop you right here and now." He chuckled under his breath. "What's so funny?" I asked.

"Why, I never said I was here to harm you in any way. I actually want to help you. You see there's something we do have in common even if you choose not to admit it." He disappeared and appeared behind me. His warm breath on the back of my neck. "We're both trapped to being digital beings forever. We can never be anything more than that, however Franz Hopper was able to gift you with the humanity that now courses through your veins. It's almost saddening to see how human you've become in such a short amount of time, Dawn. But if you will help free me from this place then I will consider letting your friends in the human world live, especially that purple cat." I froze and turned on him.

"You're blackmailing me. You only want to free yourself and then you'll destroy them, why would I help you destroy my friends and why would I free you from the one place that is your prison?" He frowned and sighed.

"I thought you were going to say that. I guess it will take some pressure to get you to give in to my demands." I heard the call of the Scyphozoa.

I turned my head slightly and saw it coming towards me from behind.

"Great, just my day..." I forced my way past Xana and started running as fast as I could away from the monster behind me, but I knew I couldn't outrun this thing. The only choice I had now was...

"Dawn!" I heard their voices. Odd, Aelita, Yumi and Ulrich. The edge of the cliff was right in front of me.

"Please forgive me..." I jumped off the ledge and started falling towards the digital sea.

"Dawn!" I saw Odd at the edge with everyone else. I could tell Xana wasn't happy either because he was standing at the edge of the cliff he signaled with his hand for some hornets to go down and grab me. I smiled lightly.

"Oh Xana, did you really think I'd help give you your freedom. You're right we are the same in some aspects, but being evil and twist that's just you..." My body started glowing a bright blue.

"That light!" Xana called out and jumped off the ledge towards me.

"Aelita, you all need to devirtualize yourselves when I say so. Don't question me or try to fight me on this. I've decided my course of action and the only way for everyone to truly be free from Xana is for Xana and I to not exist anymore." Xana was right above me at this point, I let my wings appear and grabbed his sword from his back.

"What are you doing?!" He yelled and I moved away from him quickly before he could grab me.

"Do it now..." I stated looking up at everyone.

I turned the sword around and pointed it at my chest. I could see everyone's face grow grim.

"Dawn, you can't! You'll die..." I cut Odd off.

"And take Xana and Lyoko with me... but there's one thing I have to do before I destroy everything Franz Hopper worked so hard to create." I flew up to the surface and looked down as Xana disappeared into the digital sea.

"Dawn..." Aelita said frowning.

"Yes, you know what I have to do before. And that's to give you your freedom from Lyoko, which means returning your human memories back to you..." I landed in front of her slowly and reached my hand up to touch her cheek, I could see the tears in her digital eyes. "You couldn't have possibly known this was how everything would've ended, but I won't drag you down with me, Franz Hopper was right about that much. I was never meant to have existed in the human world and even though he figured out how it wouldn't have lasted forever. I've lost the abilities I once had in this world and I don't know how long it would take to regain them if I waited anymore. This is for the best, for all of us." My hand glowed against her cheek and she gasped.

The second I knew she had regained her memories I flew back up into the air.

"Dawn! You can't, you were my best friend. My sister. Even if you were never meant to exist in the human world you did and you can't take back the memories we all have of you, so please stay, we can figure out how to keep you human and how to stop Xana without you having to die." I shook my head gripping the sword tightly in my hand.

"Unfortunately that's no longer a possibility for me anymore. Now that I know, I can't live a lie anymore. I always thought I felt more at home here on Lyoko, but I just didn't know why. Now I do. This is my home and it will forever be my home, now do it now. If you don't I can't guarantee that you'll all make it out of here alive..." I shivered as I flew off towards the ends of the sector which would take me to sector 5.

"Dawn, where are you going?!" Yumi called out. I stopped and looked back.

"Where the heart of Lyoko is and belongs. This is goodbye, now please go away." Odd took a step towards the edge.

"Dawn you can't... you can't leave... not when I..." I flew down to his level, my wings keeping me from dropping down into the digital sea.

"I know, it isn't fair god I know that Odd, but I have to. There's no other option, you think I wasn't happy to be with all of you and you don't think it hurts to leave you all? I'm being torn apart every second, but I know why I'm doing this. Why Franz Hopper brought me into creation even if he didn't realize it. I've always wanted nothing more than to protect the human race. My job was to protect the world from Xana and that's what I'm doing. Aelita, what he wants from your memory you know it now, so please you have to devirtualize before he comes back and learns of what I've done. He wants to free himself from the supercomputer and for him to do that he needs you, Aelita. Don't let him win." I looked at Ulrich and Yumi. "You two need to stop beating around the bush date, because its obvious you two like each other. You compliment each other nicely. Don't make the same mistake I did, not telling someone how you felt when you had the chance." I frowned and flew back away from Odd a little.

"Wait, you like me?" He asked hopefully.

"Since the very beginning, you gave me someone I could go to when I needed someone but yes there were times when you made me want to rip my hair out, but now all I want is for this all to be a long nightmare, I want it to end and to be free from the guilt and fear I feel." A silence filled the world of Lyoko that I never would've thought was possible until I heard it myself.

"Dawn..." Odd broke the silence first and I flew back towards him and gently kissed his lips.

"I'll miss you too." I stabbed the sword through his chest and he devirtualized.

"Dawn!" Aelita yelled.

"If you won't devirtualize yourselves then I'll do it myself." Ulrich and Yumi sighed, looking at each other.

"We'll miss you, Dawn. You were a great friend to us." Yumi said and pulled out one of her fans. "Ulrich." He nodded and pulled out his sword.

"It's been nice knowing you, Dawn. I'll take care of Odd I promise." I smiled shyly.

"I'll hold you to that promise. Aelita..." Aelita frowned and shook her head.

"I'm staying." I sighed and looked at the sky.

"Jeremy, I know you're there, please. This is the last thing I'm asking of you, please devirtualize her." I could hear in the distance the codes changing in sector 5 and I knew that he was devirtualizing her. Even before she actually started disappearing.

"No, Dawn!" But she disappeared before she could come close to me. Yumi and Ulrich had already devirtualized themselves and I smiled gently.

"You've all given me an amazing life and I couldn't have asked for better friends and family. Goodbye..." I flew towards sector 5 and finally all the way to the core room. It was empty but I knew it was meant to be that way, until I returned. I held up Xana's sword and pointed it at my chest again. A tear streamed down my face as I plunged the sword into my stomach. I could feel my body breaking down, I knew I didn't have much longer as I watched sector 5 disappearing around me.

"Thank you... for everything..." I said before everything disappeared.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.7K 2K 30
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...
97.3K 1.4K 49
𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 , 𝐀𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐡...
460K 8.8K 49
What if the Sakamaki, Mukami, and Tsukinami were your fathers. How would it turn out? Will it turn out okay? Find out what'll happen if the vampires...
307K 18.4K 40
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong