Colorful Twists

By SaucyOneCurious

Seth didn't expect to receive a bundle when he went grocery shopping, but he did. He makes the decision to ta... More

1. The Gain is Greater
2. The Request
3. Blink of an Eye
4. Preparing
6. Reaction
7. See You Later
8. Settling
9. Initiating
10. A New World
11. Locking
12. Pairing Up Part 1
13. Pairing Up Part 2
14. Bittersweet
15. Sweet Meddling
16. Sweet Flavors
17. Jubilant
18. Breathless
19. Elated
20. Joyful
21. Induction
22. Origins
23. Enticing
24. Nectarous
25. Thunderbolt
26. Swirling
27. Charming
28. Static
Father's Day
29. Tug of War
30. Competitive
31. Twister
32. Anticipation
33. Explosive
34. Fireworks
35. Impasse
36. Definitely
37. Infinity

5. Introducing

15K 607 40
By SaucyOneCurious

Thank you all for reading and commenting/voting. I appreciate it. Thanks also to all the new fans and readers.

----------------

“Here, please carry the soccer ball and badminton rackets Danny.”

Seth then takes out the basket and cooler intending to carry both, but Karla takes the basket from him. They begin walking to the picnic table beside the soccer field.

"Danny, do you want to eat now or do you want to play for a little bit and then eat?"

"I want to play dad."

"Okay. We'll leave the things at the picnic table. It's early, so there aren't many people here, yet. What will be the first sport today?"

"Soccer!"

"Ready Karla to sweat?" Seth asks her.

"Aren't I'm always ready?" Karla responds with a glint in her eyes. She had played soccer throughout college while Seth had stuck to badminton type games, so needless to say that she is better than him.

It is Seth and Danny against Karla. She fairs pretty good. After about an hour of playing the score is 5 to 8 Karla winning. Seth decides to call it quits and heads to the picnic table to take out the food and place it in plates. Once done, he calls them to eat knowing that Danny is hungry, but too into playing to notice.

As they eat Danny starts talking about school and Caleb. It seems they are rapidly becoming best friends.

"Daddy, do you think I can invite Caleb to play?"

"Yes, but it would have to be during the weekend."

"Next, Saturday?"

"Yes."

"It seems you are becoming best friends with Caleb, Danny." Karla states.

"He is nice. He doesn't talk a lot, but he likes soccer. He's not very good though. He kicked a ball and it almost hit the teacher." They all chuckle.

"Maybe you can teach him." Karla suggests.

"Yes, I will!" He responds with a smile.

"Maybe, I need to get you on a soccer team Danny. Would you like that?"

"Yes! I love soccer."

"I think they start in February." Karla comments.

“I’ll look into it.” It will be good distraction too for when Karla is gone.

****

Unknown

Every Saturday, he goes for a run early at the crack of dawn, but not today. Instead of almost going home he is just starting his run. Somehow he had overslept. Going around the corner, he hears the most musical laughter, and even from this distance he can see his bright blue eyes, his sun kissed skin, muscular lean body, and red-brown hair. He is walking toward the picnic table.

Who has a picnic in the morning? He thinks as he sees the young man pull out the contents from the basket.

Without realizing, he slows his run into a jog, so by the time he comes nearer to the young man, a boy and a female have joined him. The boy runs to him hugging him from behind before taking a seat next to him. The female sits across from both of them.  They laugh at something the boy said.

He keeps jogging and during his last lap he sees them again this time the female, who he assumed is the mother, teaching their son some soccer tricks.   The dad sits watching them and encouraging his son. Their happiness radiates around them.

They seem like a happy family. He thinks with a smile.

Later that night, he can't stop thinking about the young man. Whenever he closes his eyes, he sees him, but then his son and wife come into the picture. He doesn’t understand why the young man's image keeps popping up in his mind. He really has to stop thinking about him. The young man has a family and he won’t get in the middle of it.

****

As soon as Seth realizes Danny is getting tired he starts packing and making sure they have thrown their trash away.

“Do you want to leave now Danny?” Seth asks his son.

“Yes, daddy. Can we go for ice cream now?”

“How about we go to the movies, since we came to the park earlier that expected?” Karla proposes.

“Yes! Please daddy. Can we go see Despicable Me 2?”

“Okay, but let’s grab everything first.” Seth responds with a smile.

After the movie they head to dinner and then to the supermarket to buy ingredients to make sundaes. Once at home, they all change into their pajamas. While Seth prepares everything in the kitchen Danny chooses the game for them to play. It will soon be time for Karla to tell Danny about her move. Seth can see she how nervous she is. She keeps twisting her fingers and trying to help with every single detail. He gives her a reassuring smile. The day's activities had kept her distracted, but now that the day is ending it is inevitable to keep her distracted.

Once everything is set up, Seth calls them both to the kitchen.

"What kind of sundae do you want Danny?"

"A brownie sundae!"

"Okay, grab a bowl and place a brownie on the bottom. Aunt Karla, can scoop the ice cream for you."

"Daddy can I get extra scoops, please?" Daniel asks giving him his puppy face.

"You know the puppy face doesn't work on me. It works on Aunt Karla."

"Hey, it doesn't!" Karla huffs.

"Yes, it does and we all know it." Seth chuckles. "And, I guess we can make an exception just for today Danny."

"Yay! Extra scoops Aunt Karla!" Karla responds with a laugh.

"I don't know how we're going to deal with you once you're all hyper with the ice cream. You're not going to want to sleep."

Once they all have their sundaes they head to the living room. They decide to sit on the floor around the coffee table with their sundae. Karla had turned on the radio to a soft melody.  Danny had chosen to play Uno and had dealt them their cards. His favorite game right now because he had recently learned how to play it. After an hour of playing without a winner, although there had been some close calls, Karla decides it is time. She gives Seth a meaningful look to which he returns letting her know she has his support.

“Danny, I have some news to tell you.”

“What is it Aunt Karla?”

“You know that I love you as a son right? This has nothing to do with how much I love you. You’re a great little boy.”

“Yes and I’m not a little boy Aunt Karla.” Daniel states.

“Of course not. You’re our little man.” Karla responds with a smile.

Daniel returns the smile.

“I do have to tell you that...”

“Is something wrong?” Daniel asks.

“No, just listen Danny.” Seth tells him.

“No, I got a better job, but it’s far. I have to move to a different house.”

“How far is it Aunt Karla?” Daniel asks without his smile wavering.

                “It’s far. It’s in California.” 

---------------

Let me know what you think about the chapter. How do you hope Daniel is going to react to Aunt Karla's move?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.8K 390 23
After 9 months of being away living with his grandparents, he gave birth. After a year with his son. . . Tweek decided that he can handle South Park...
52.2K 2.1K 24
(Sequel to Colorful Twists) Years later, Danny and Caleb are still the best of friends and their families have become a giant family. They still play...
15.3K 699 41
Nate had lived an unusual life. Keeping most of it a secret. He needs someone to save him. Will the comfort of his next door neighbors be enough to g...
2.1M 68.6K 39
Aiden Walker isn't looking for a sub. But what happens when his pizza delivery boy is too delicious to pass up? Deleted at +1 million reads...