two worlds // luke hemmings

lukeythehemmings által

cover by @babyeunwoo // best achievement: #3 in Fanfiction // // started dec 15, 2015 // // finished apr 4... Több

author's note
0.1
0.2
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
0.8
0.9
1.0
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
1.9
2.0
2.1
2.2
2.3
2.4
2.5
2.6
2.7
2.8
2.9
author's note
3.0
3.1
3.2
3.3
3.5
3.6
3.7
3.8
3.9
4.0
4.1
4.2
4.3
4.4
4.5
4.6
4.7
4.8
4.9
5.0
5.1
5.2
5.3
5.4
5.5
5.6
5.7
5.8
5.9
6.0
6.1
6.2
6.3
6.4
6.5
6.6
6.7
6.8
a/n: I need my readers' help!
6.9
7.0
7.1
7.2
7.3
7.4
7.5
7.6
7.7
7.8
7.9
8.0
8.1
8.2
8.3
8.4
8.5
8.6
8.7
final author's note
one shots?
the sequel/one shots

3.4

13.1K 393 124
lukeythehemmings által

*Luke's P.O.V*
I put my tuxedo on and try tying my tie, failing miserably. I groan looking at the mirror, and open my bedroom's door.

"Mum, I can you help me with my-"

Laurel is standing right next to my mom, laughing. She's got her makeup done, her curls are falling down her bare shoulder. Her red dress fits her body so well I can't stop looking at her.

Mum giggles.

"Looks like Laurel is faster than you when it comes to getting ready" she says, coming closer to tie my tie.

I clear my throat, finally looking away from Laurel.

"That was an isolated case, Mrs. Hemm-" Mum glances at her and she beams. "Sorry. Liz. Luke always manages to be ready when I haven't even showered yet."

"I was struggling with the tie" I roll my eyes. Mum finishes her job and adjusts my tuxedo.

"There. You look handsome, Lukey. Doesn't he, Laurel?"

"Yes, he does." Laurel winks at me and a foolish smile crosses my face.

Mum helps dad with his suit and we get inside the car. Laurel and I are on the backseat, holding hands. I notice she's nervous, always trying to push a piece of hair behind her ear. So I guide her hand to my lips and kiss it gently.

"They're gonna love you." I whisper at her, and she sighs, relieved.

"I hope so."

Father parks the car and we hop out. I hold Laurel by the waist so she doesn't fall off her heels due to uneven ground. We are one hour early, but some people are already here, like Jack and Celeste.

I'm holding Laurel's hand while we're following my parents to greet the family.

"We'd like you to meet someone. This is Laurel." My dad smiles at us while he introduces our guest to an aunt of mine.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, ma'am." Laurel beams kindly at her. My aunt cracks a smile and takes Laurel's hands on hers.

"What a lovely young lady that is, Andrew!" She tells my dad, and I smile proudly. "Who is she?"

I stare at her and she stares back. I'm assuming she doesn't know how to respond to that, and she's right. Neither my father does. Neither do I!

"She's the Hemmings' newest member." Jack sneaks in the middle of us both, leaning his arms on our shoulders. "Laurel is my sister-in-law."

Her eyes wide open at me and I clear my throat, staring at my dad who's looking completely amused.

"Oh, this is marvelous! Is it true, Luke?" She turns to me, expectantly.

"Uh, yeah...?" I awkwardly smile at her, not sure of what else to say.

We greet the other people in the place, Jack always ahead of me.

"Dude, what the fuck?" I frown at him while Laurel is talking to some of our cousins. "Are you going to tell everyone she's my girlfriend?"

"I never said she was your girlfriend, Lukey" He smirks. "I was just saying she's my sister-in-law."

"Oh, yeah right." I roll my eyes. "Whose girlfriend would she be then? Ben's?"

"Hey, heard my name?" My brother comes out of the blue. "What are you two talking about?"

I greet Ben and Jack tells him about Laurel, discreetly pointing at her.

"Oh, that's the girl I saw in your room that day on FaceTime?" He inquires. Jack looks suspiciously at me with a devilish grin on his face.

"Yeah, that's her." I sigh.

"We need to be introduced properly."

I take Ben to Laurel and introduce them. They shake hands and they seem to get along from the start.

The ceremony begins shortly after.

Laurel is next to my mum, and when aunt Cassidy comes in they whisper at each other.

"I helped her choosing the dress" Mum tells Laurel.

"It's beautiful, you've got great taste" She replies.

Aunt Cassidy is my favorite. She was always there for me, supporting me through all ups and downs when it came to music or life itself. I'm more than happy to be here, even happier because Laurel is with me.

When the ceremony is over we gather to chat. Laurel's arm is wrapped around mine, paying attention to everything and replying when someone talks to her.

About one and a half hours later aunt Cassidy finally comes to greet us. She hugs me tight with a big smile on her face.

"I'm so happy you could make it, Luke!" She cheers, letting go of me.

Then, she tilts her head to the side and her smile gets even bigger, her eyebrows raised.

"And this is the famous girl you came with, isn't it?" She passes through me. "Kate told me. What's your name, dear?"

"It's Laurel" she smiles. "Congratulations, by the way. Everything is so great, your dress is flawless, ma'am."

"Oh, please call me aunt Cassidy. I've been told about you guys, we need to talk."

She wraps her arm around Laurel's and drags her away from me, but not before whispering I love her already.

"So, Lewi" My father begins when we sit down. "Me and your mother, we weren't going to say anything because we thought you didn't want to, but Laurel. She's your girlfriend, then?"

"It's actually complicated, dad." I chuckle, massaging my temples. "She's my... something. She began as a friend and then things simply happened."

"How long have you known each other?"

"It's been about 5 months now. I met her in the craziest possible circumstances."

"This is a story I'd love to hear." Father laughs.

I tell him everything about touring in Charlotte; about how a complete stranger inside a small coffee shop ended up being here with me. Mum and Ben also come along to hear at some point.

"This doesn't even sound real" Ben says. "So she helped you sneaking out of a shop?"

"Yup. And we talk since then."

"But is she your girlfriend or not?" Mum asks me.

"She's not, I mean, not officially" I frown. "As I said, it's complicated, guys... She was hanging out with this other guy and I was seeing my ex as well..."

"But for some reason you decided to bring her home, and don't tell me it was just because she wanted to meet Australia or something like that"

"She didn't have anyone to spend Christmas with, I thought it would be okay if she came with me." I huff.

"And it is, honey." Mother smiles at me. "Your father and I were talking about it yesterday. Laurel is lovely and I can't help feeling she's got something different."

"Yeah, because she's the first girl you introduce to the family in a long time" Ben agrees.

"And you guys are acting pretty much like valentines" Dad chuckles. "Jack is shouting from the rooftops that she's his sister-in-law."

"I know" I roll my eyes. "I'm confused right now, really."

"We're not trying to push you or anything, I want you to understand that. We're going to support your decision, if she's either your girlfriend or not" My mum smiles at me and kisses my head. "But I thought you should know we really do like her. And she seems to understand you and take good care of you. I see the way she looks at you."

"And the way you look at her" Ben raises his eyebrows.

"We're happy to have her here, she's more than welcome." Father finishes.

I sigh and smile at them. Even though that doesn't really solve the issues I need to deal with inside my head when it comes to Laurel, I feel relieved to know my family approves her.

Aunt Cassidy brings her back to me some minutes later. She sits on a chair next to me.

"I'm sorry. Aunt Cassidy needed to tell me a few things." She giggles. "What did I miss?"

"They're gonna serve something to eat now." Dad smiles at her, and I kiss her temple when she leans down to rest her head on my chest.

"I love your family." She looks up at me.

"They love you too" I reply chuckling, before gently kissing her lips, the second time ever in public and the first one in front of family members.

When I look at my parents they are both smiling at me. I know exactly what that smile means.

"Okay so, food, right?" Laurel speaks up to all of us.

--------------------
THANK YOU for being here and reading my book, this is awesome. Stay tuned for the next update, coming soon! Don't forget to vote and share if you like it.

Stay beautiful! 💗 xo

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

1.2K 117 19
134K 6.4K 59
DaymMalumAF has added you as a friend! DaymMalumAF How do you feel about 5sos? Me I don't listen to them? DaymMalumAF So do you ship Malum? --- Cov...