Broken Home

By allthagirl

More

Prologue
Chapter Two

Chapter One

8 0 0
By allthagirl

{The Ramirez house, Wednesday, August 26, 2015; 5:30 a.m.}

Amiera's P.O.V
I wake up early at 5:30 a.m. on a Wednesday. It is the first day of a new school year. I am going into 10th grade at Riverside High School about 5 minutes from my house here in California . What way is better? Wake up early to look on point and impress or to wake up 5 minutes before you have to leave and look not on fleek? Well it is the first day so who really cares?

I look at a picture my mom and I took on my birthday a few days before she died. I smiled. I was six when she died. In the picture, summer was just around the corner. We were at a ice cream shop. To this day, I am still amused at how I did not have icecream all over my face. I was wearing one of my favorite outfits at the time that unfortunately I still have. It was white and had a pattern of blue flowers over it. I blow a kiss to the picture, get out of my bed and head over to closet.

I search through my clothes in my closet and I found no interest in any of them. I look for another minute and throw a pair of black leggings and a white crop top and a blue jean sweatshirt on my bed. I strip and put the clothes I picked on. I put deoderant on and spray myself with my new bottle of Nicki Minaj's perfume. Let me tell you, it is my favorite. I comb my black hair and run to the bathroom and brush my teeth. Minutes later I grab my phone, backpack and my white Jordan shoes.

As I reach the bottom of the stairs I turn to the left and see my dad. I throw my backpack on the ground and run to give him a hug.

Amiera: "Dad! When did you get in? How long are you staying?" (My dad opened his own record label after my mom had died. He goes on a lot of business trips. My grandma stops by to check on my other brother, little sister and I).

Amiera's dad: "I got in at 3 this morning. I realized that it was your first day of school and I wanted to see you guys off."

Amiera: (let's go of her dad, looks at Kylie who's quietly eating cereal) "but how long are you staying?"

Amiera's dad: "Luis, Kylie, you and I will talk about this when I pick all of you guys up from school." Luis (Amiera's older brother, 17 yrs) walks down the stairs with his backpack on his back and walks into the kitchen and grabs an apple. "You know it would be nice to catch up with you sometime rather then you always spending every minute with your friends."

Luis: "You know, it would be nice if you spent more of your time with your family rather then working all the time. Ever since you got that job you haven't spent a whole month at home. Its been 9 years. You basically missed out on all of Kylie's life so far. She turns 10 this winter. Where have you been?" (Takes a bite of his apple, their dad stays quiet) "aight, thats what I thought. I'm leaving."

Their dad: "You gonna take your sister?"

Luis: (looks at me) "She's going with you."

Luis walks out the door and I look at my dad and he grabs his keys. "Okay ladies, get ready daddy's taking you to school today."

Kylie: (pours cereal in the sink and runs to the coat rack to grab her backpack) "where's Luis?"

Amiera: (opens the door and heads outside to the 2015 dodge charger, "He left already."

We all get in the car and listen to music. The rest of the car ride was silent. We ride up to my school as I get a text from my friend Mariana.

[Mari] You have to get here fast!
[Amiera] Right outside.

I get out of my dads charger. I spend two seconds looking at all the stairs I have to walk up in order to get inside. I guess you could say the building itself is fancy. The students? Well not so much.

I walk inside and everyone waves and greets me. Funny part is, they know me and I don't know them. I see my friend across the hall and sneak up next to her and put my hands over her eyes. "Guess who!"

Mariana: "Ermahgerd! Amiera!"

Amiera: "What did you have to tell me that you couldn't tell me over text?"

Mariana: "Look over there."

Amiera: (I look at where she's looking and see my brother, Luis talking to our enemy. Juliana.) "Ew."

Mariana: "What's he doing talking to her? He's supposed to be talking to me."

Amiera: (puts arm around Mariana and makes her face her locker) "Sweetheart, he doesn't know you like him."

Mariana: "You didn't talk to him about it?"

Amiera: "No.. That's your job. ANYWHORE, watch this."
(Our friend Jelena walks over once I walk over to my brother. Halfway there, I reach into my bra and take out a condom at least I'm telling them to be safe about it) "looks like you'll be needing this."

Julianna: *scoffs and walks away*

Amiera: (walks away from her brother as he rolls his eyes.)

Luis: *starts to walk to class*

Jelena: "Always making Amiera always cock block her own brother."

Mariana: (looks at watch 7:27a.m) "I'm gonna go to class." (Walks away)

Jelena & Amiera: "Okay."

Jelena: "What's your first class?"

Amiera: "Algebra 2. You?'

Jelena: "Mrs.Howard?"

Amiera: "Yeah, you?"

Jelena: "I heard she had her baby. Shit! I don't remember my locker combo."

Amiera: "0422."

Jelena: "How'd you remember?"

Amiera: "Last year when you told me to put a bottle of water full of vodka in your locker. Not that hard to remember considering it is my birthday."

Jelena: "Good memory." (Looks at watch; 7:30) *late bell rings* "We're considered late."

Amiera: "Wouldn't be the first time." (Starts to walk to class)

{Later on that day, Mariana's house, 2:45 p.m.}

Mariana's P.O.V

I walk off the bus. I walk up to my apartment complex, I walk up the stairs and I take my key out from my back pocket and stuck it through the lock. I open the door and see my drunk mom on passed out and sprawled out on the couch. I roll my eyes, take a deep breath. Ever since my dad left me for who knows what reason this is what my mom has been like. Work during the day, drunk by the afternoon. I took the glass from her hands and drunk the little amount that there was left in the wine glass. I place it on the entable. Trying to wake my mom up to get her into bed wasn't working. I put a blanket over her and give her a kiss on her forehead.

I look at my mom who's still passed out on the couch, I go into the fridge and dump the alcohol down the sink. I run to my room with a 3/4 full bottle of vodka and put it in my backpack. I proceed back out to the living room. Luckily my mother was still asleep. Grabbing a brown bag I place all of the empty bottles inside and went to the side of my apartment and put them with all of the other bottles that were being collected from the other families.

As I start to walk up the stairs, I get a call. Jelena.

Mariana: (sits on the stairs) "hey girl, speak to me."

Jelena: "You want to go to the malls with Amiera and me?"

Mariana: "I thought her dad was in town."

Jelena: "He was, he wasn't when she got home. He left money for them to do whatever and an extra $200 for food."

Mariana: "Damn, I wish I could but I need to take care of things here at home."

Jelena: "okay girl, I'll see you tomorrow."

Mariana: "give Amiera a hug for me won't ya?"

Jelena: "you got it girl. Love ya."

Mariana: "Love ya too." *hangs up phone and walks back into her apartment*

Mariana's mom: *slurs* "What did you do with my alcohol Mari?"

Mariana: "What alcohol? There's no alcohol here."(I walk to my room and she follows)

Mariana's mom: *slurs* "Don't be a wise ass Mari."

Mariana: "There's no alcoho-"

I got cut off from being punched in my left eye. I stand there to take it in.

Mariana's mom: "tell me where it is."

Mariana: "It's not-"

I blocked her punch and accidentally pushed her into a glass and she hit her head on the corner of my table, hard enough to knock her out. Great. Laters going to be perfect. I look at a picture that had fell. I bent forward and picked up the broken picture frame as a piece of paper fell out. I looked at my mom, dragged her out of my room and locked the door. After, I sat down and read the paper. The paper had writing I couldn't figure out who's handwriting. It wasn't my moms, my mom does cursive that I can't read. I can this, and I don't have any siblings.

I read the paper as if it was a riddle. It read 'Clue 1: Go to where many people go to spend a lot of money. Collect money at every location. Next clue is in a plant within that location.'

I thought for a second. The mall. I grabbed my purse, opened up my window and jumped onto the fire escape. I ran a block, slowed down and walked into the mall entrance. Lord, please don't let me run into the g- I keep my head tilted in an angle that they can't see my black eye.

Jelena: "I thought you said you couldn't come."

Mariana: "Change of plans."

Amiera: "Let's go shopping." (Amiera starts walking towards Forever 21, we follow)

I wasn't focused on spending money I was focused on getting money. This should be easy right? I looked around and scouted out the area. I saw a skinny, rich looking man around the age of 40 with a short, brunette girl around the age of 30 who just so happens to be showing a bunch of cleavege. He should be destracted enough.. Right? I walk at a steadily pace behind them. In his right pocket, I grab his wallet. I went behind a fixture and shuffled through all the money that he had. He had over $250 dollars in there! Might as well share the wealth. I wonder what kind of job he has. Next to the fixture, there was a plant. There wasca blue envolope that was visible underneath some dirt. I took it out and placed it on the fixture. Anyways, I took $120 from his wallet and placed it in my purse along with the envolope. I folded up his wallet and then I looked over and he was sitting on a chair as the other lady he was with seemed to be trying something on. I walk over to the man.

Mariana: "Hey did you lose your wallet? The man in the ID looks exactly like you."

Man: (checks his right back pocket) "yeah it did go missing. Where'd you find it?"

Mariana: "Right behind that fixture." (Points)

Man: "thank you."

Mariana: (nods and begins to walk away)

Man: "Hey, come back." (He stands up)

Mariana: (I freeze in my spot, my heart starts to beat fast) "Yes?" (Slowly walks back)

Man: "That was very nice thing you did. I want you to have this." (Takes $100 out of his wallet) "here buy yourself something nice."

Mariana: "No thank you sir."

Man: (picks up my hand from my side, places the $100 in my hand)

I close my hand around the money and smile.

Mariana: "Thank you sir." (Starts to turn away)

Man: "Your welcome Ms.Mariana."

Mariana: "How do you know my name?"

Man: "You told me."

Mariana: "Oh.. Ok."

I slowly leave the man as the girl comes out of the fitting room. I head over to my friends.

Jelena: "Mariana we were just looking for you."

Mariana: *still tilts head down* "Sorry, some guy dropped his wallet so I gave it back."

Julianna: (sees the girls) "Amiera! Funny seeing you guys here, Mariana."

Luis: "Hey guys."

Once I hear Luis's voice my head snaps up.

Julianna: "Ouch, little Mari got a boo boo."

Luis: "Babe. Stop."

Amiera, Jelena and my head turn his way.

Amiera: "Oh so y'all be dating now."

Julianna: "As of 2:30 when he took my virginity."

Jelena: "Oh bitch please, you lost that along time ago."

Luis: "Ladies cu-"

Amiera: "ANYWHORE, we were just leaving. Let's go girls. Luis? Leave the skank outside when you come home. Kk?

Amiera, Jelena and I leave the mall.

Mariana: "They actually used the condom you gave them."

Amiera: "At least their being safe. I wouldn't want him to have another baby!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------
*why did Amiera's dad leave so quick?
*How did Amiera's mom die?
*Why don't Amiera, Jelena, Mariana and Julianna get along?
*Why did Mariana's dad leave?
*What are the clues for?
*Why does she need to collect money?
*Who was the man she stole money from?
*Who did Luis have a baby with?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39K 601 37
หš ยท . "Welcome to FPE Oneshots!, feel free to make requests." โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค โœŽ ๐™๐™š๐™ฆ๐™ช๐™š๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™จ ๐™–๐™ง๐™š ๐™˜๐™ก๐™ค๐™จ...
142K 297 20
just some of my horny thoughts;) men dni
5.2M 45.7K 55
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...
73.2K 3.3K 77
โค๏ธ