Summer of Secrets *Complete*

By OneLessHeartToBreak

Alexis's boyfriend is murdered in front of her. After a year of mourning her loss she meets Chance, and falls... More

Summer of Secrets~Chapter one
Summer of Secrets~Chapter two
Summer of Secrets~Chapter three
Summer of Secrets~Chapter four
Summer of Secrets~Chapter five
Summer of Secrets~Chapter six
Summer of Secrets~Chapter seven
Summer of Secrets~Chapter eight
Summer of Secrets~Chapter nine
Summer of Secrets~Chapter ten
Summer of Secrets~Chapter eleven
Summer of Secrets~Chapter twelve
Summer of Secrets~Chapter thirteen
Summer of Secrets~Chapter fourteen
Summer of Secrets~Chapter fifteen
Summer of Secrets~Chapter sixteen
Summer of Secrets~Chapter seventeen
Summer of Secrets~Chapter nineteen
Summer of Secrets~Chapter twenty
Summer of Secrets~Chapter twenty one
Summer of Secrets~Chapter twenty two
Summer of Secrets~Chapter twenty three
Summer of Secrets~Chapter twenty four [End]

Summer of Secrets~Chapter eighteen

925 7 1
By OneLessHeartToBreak

(A.N.- Hello! Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I didn't really feel like writing. This chapter drags, but at least there's one here? :D

And for anyone who's reading "Uneasy" I promise I will update soon<3)

“What’s that?” Chance visibly stiffened when I asked him again.

“Oh, this?” He laughed nervously. “It’s a tattoo.”

“I know that, Chance. I mean...like what is your tattoo of?”

“Oh, it’s an ankh.”

My breath caught in my throat. I stared at his tattoo. It was on the same wrist as it was on the murderer. It was the same size; everything about it looked the same.

It’s just a coincidence. It’s possible to have similar tattoos…but this looks exactly the same. And I don’t think it’s too common to get that on your wrist. Same wrist. Same awkward symbol. Same size. Same color.

“When did you get it?” I asked slowly.

“About a year or more ago,”

The murder was a year ago. You’re overreacting…it’s probably nothing.

I nodded. “What does it mean?”

“Life,”

Life, the opposite of death. Maybe that’s why he has it. He stole other’s lives…and maybe he has it as a reminder.

I need to calm down. Trust is the number one thing in a relationship. Just trust him.

“Oh, how…cool. That’s really cool.” I smiled.

He nodded slightly and stood up. “I have to go, sorry.” He kissed my cheek lightly. “I’ll talk to you later,”

“Okay, bye.” I smiled.

I picked up my phone, and out of force of habit, I dialed Emily’s phone number. I shakily sighed and dropped my phone.

I knew she was never going to come back, but or some reason part of me expected her to. She was too young to die. Emily had her whole life planned out already. There were so many things she wanted to do, but never had the chance. If I hadn’t yelled at her the night she died, maybe she would’ve still been alive. Maybe none of this would have happened.

I sat in bed, and I stared at my ceiling. I thought about Emily for a while. She was my very best friend.

Was.

She’s gone now.

She won’t ever come back.

But she’s safe now.

Her and Mayson.

They’ll wait for me.

Even if it takes forever…

They’re up there waiting for me to visit.

Can I visit?

Just for a day.

No.

This is ridiculous.

I sighed and walked out of my room. I was drowning in my own thoughts, and I needed to get out. I sat at the kitchen table. I couldn’t call Chance, because he had to go. I didn’t want to be the annoying and clingy girlfriend. I tired to call Nick, but he didn’t answer his phone.

“Hey honey.” Mom walked into the kitchen and sat down across from me. “How are you doing?” She asked with concern showing in her voice.

“I’m fine, Mom.” I said with a little more attitude than intended.

“I’m worried about you. You’ve been spending a lot of time locked up inside your room, all alone.”

“Well I’m sorry I just saw my best friend dead hanging from a tree! I’m sorry that I don’t really have anyone else to talk to right now!” I snapped.

“Alexis,”

I shook my head. “I’m sorry, Mom.”

Her eyes watered lightly as she stared at me. She bit her lip, thinking of what to say next. I knew she had news for me. And I knew it couldn’t have been good.

“Mom, just tell me what’s wrong.”

She sighed and looked down.

“Mom, please.” My voice squeaked a little as I grew more and more anxious.

“This isn’t a good time.” She tried to get out of telling me.

“Well, its better now than never,” I started to get nervous. I didn’t want to hear it, but I had to.

“Your father,” She coughed. “He always had his health problems, but they were never terrible, but lately his health has been really bad. He was rushed to the hospital last night at work. They had some difficulties there, and he’s now unconscious.”

I blinked at her. “What? What happened? Is he going to be okay?” My hands began to shake lightly.

“Um, Alexis.” She sighed. “Your father was never too healthy. He never took the medicine he was supposed to-“

“But are the doctors giving him the medicine?” I interrupted her.

“They tried, his body is rejecting it.”

“What do you mean?”

“His body won’t take it in.”

“Is he going to be okay?” I tried again, hoping I would get a clear answer. “And tell me the truth.” I added, knowing very well she would lie to me.

She shrugged. “To be honest, I’m not so sure.” The tears in her eyes finally escaped and ran furiously down her cheeks.

I stood up. “Mom, I’m going to go out,” I left the house before she had time to answer.

I stood on Nick’s front porch. It took me a few minutes to decide if I was going to or not. Before I could even raise my hand to knock, the door opened, and Nick walked out. When he saw me he stepped back a little.

“Uh, hi Alexis.”

“Hey, Nick. Sorry for coming here unexpectedly, but I kinda need to talk. But if you’re busy I totally understand, and I can leave.”

“Um, no I’m not busy.” He lied. “Hold on,” He walked back inside and closed the door.

I waited silently in front of his house for him to come outside again. The sun was starting to go down, and the temperature was dropping with it. It was near the end of summer, and the weather hasn’t been very nice lately.

Nick’s front door opened, snapping me out of my thoughts.

“Wanna come in?” He stepped out of the way to make room for me.

“Yeah, thanks,” I smiled shyly and walked into his house.

His house was cluttered, and I immediately smelled cigarette smoke. His mom was lying on the couch, dead asleep, with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth.

She’s going to choke.

“My room?” He interrupted my thoughts once again.

“Yeah, sure,” I smiled.

We walked to his room. He probably expected me to talk about Emily, or Chance. He seemed a little taken back when I started to talk about my dad.

I felt a little bad talking to Nick about everything that happened in my life. I needed to talk, and I really only had him then. I told him in full detail the conversation I had with my mom, even though I could have just said “my dad is in the hospital, and I’m not sure if he’s going to make it.” But Nick never seemed to mind the long stories I told him.

“Did you tell Chance?”

I shook my head. “No. He left before I found out, and he’s busy right now anyway.”

“Are you going to tell him?”

“Well of course. He’s my boyfriend, and I don’t want to hide anything from him,”

He nodded.

We sat in an awkward silence for far too long. I looked around the room for something to bring up and talk about, but nothing came to mind.

“Well, thanks for the talk. I have to go now,” I stood up.

“Bye, Alexis,” Nick smiled.

I smiled back and walked out of his house.

It was dark already, and I wasn’t up to the idea of walking home alone in the dark. But I had no other choice. I walked past Chance’s house. It seemed like no one lived there. It was so still, so silent, so dark. That made me wonder where Chance had to go.

(A.N.- Thanks for reading<3)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 37 27
Tiana was a woman who only loved one guy since she was 15 years old, and his name is Anthony. She did everything for him. But she is growing tired of...
297K 8.6K 40
She has a secret and He doesn't like liars. What happens when their worlds come together?
567 66 38
You didn't have love and loyalty in your past relationship. What would happen when you meet someone who takes it too far? ( another Corpse Husband fa...
7.6K 115 10
Six friends go on a spring break trip that will change their lives forever. Vanessa is single and gets closer to a friend named Jake. As they get clo...