Taken

By Night_Watcher

A teenage girl by the name of Katie Woods happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time when she witness... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 16

7.6K 238 87
By Night_Watcher

========
Chapter 16
========

Katie's P.O.V

The man gave me a disgusted look and turned around.

"You need a key to get out of here and only I have that key. Believe me, you'll never get it. My name is Hunter by the way." He says and walks away, as I watched him descend down the hall I noticed the keys jangling in his back pocket. This was going to be easier then I thought.

After he was gone I stood up and walked down the hallway to where he had walked to and I came across a bedroom. I entered only to see that hunter was not in here but I looked over at the dresser and saw the keys sticking out from behind a few books.

I quickly went over and grabbed the keys but before I could turn around, I felt a piece of metal pressed against the back of my head and I realized it was a gun. I didn't turn around I just stood absolutely still.

"I would put that back if I were you," Hunter says and I immediately place them back.
"Now that's a good girl." He presses the gun harder into the back of my head.

"Oh I'm sorry am I interrupting something?" I hear someone say from the door and I feel hunter take the gun away from my head and spin around.

I turn around too and see a man maybe the same age as Hunter. The man has spiked brown hair and dark brown eyes, he also had a little stumble on his face.

For some reason, Hunter grabs my waist and pulls me closer to him and I could feel him digging the gun into my back where the guy couldn't see.

"Oh uh hey Isaac, I didn't expect to see you here today. I was just talking to my maid here, I was telling her that the bathrooms need to be cleaned better." Hunter easily lies to the man named Isaac.

"Okay man but it looked a little more than that so I'll give you two your alone time." The guy says and then smirks at me. He turns to go in the direction of the living room, and I hear hunter sigh with relief.

"Alright. I do not want to hear a word out of you at all, Isaac is one of my good friends but he doesn't know about the gangs and all of that so do not get him involved or I will actually kill you. All he needs to know is that you are the maid that's it. No giving him your name." Hunter says sternly and I nod. "Okay maid go and fetch us some beers." He tells me and then he leaves. I look around and notice that he was smart enough to take the keys.

I walk out of the room and go across the hall to see that this was the kitchen. I grabbed two beers and for a second I stared at the knives, maybe if I could just grab one...no I can't, I'm not a killer. But the knives are right there.... No, no, no just bring the beer to the guys like you were asked to. I ignored my bad thoughts and instead picked up a piece of paper and wrote my name and to call for help, just in case I got a chance to slip it to the guy.

I turned the corner and just as I did I crashed into someone which made the bottles break and beer spilled everywhere. I looked up to see Isaac standing there and not wanting to talk to him, I bent down and started picking up the glass from the bottles.

"I'm really sorry," I mumbled and he bent down to help me.

"No that was my fault, didn't see you coming," Isaac says and I decided that this was my opportunity to give him the paper. I reached into my pocket and just as I was handing him the paper, Hunter came and snatched it out of my hand.

"I'm sorry Isaac, she's not the best maid so I think I have to teach her more about the job," Hunter says calmly.

"It was my fault man anyways see ya tomorrow," Isaac says and leaves. Hunter waits until we hear the door close then he turns to me.

"You remember what I said if you didn't anything right?" He says as he pulls the gun out and walks closer to me.

"Y-You said you'd kill me." I choked out the words.

"I did say that, and I don't like to break any promises." He says as he continued to get closer to me and before he got too close I turned and ran.

I ran up the stairs, not even bothering to try the door because it was locked and I could feel him close behind me. As I got to the top of the stairs, I picked up a vase and threw it at him which made him fall down a few stairs.

I continued running and I ran into a bedroom. I locked the door and sighed with relief but I soon heard banging and I knew that I needed to find a hiding spot.

The only hiding spots there were, were either the bed or the closet and I cursed under my breath for picking such a dumb room. I quickly hid under the bed and the banging on the door continued.

Suddenly the banging stopped and it was silent, then I heard a loud gunshot to the handle and the door flew open. I held my breath as he stomped around the room searching for me.

All of a sudden he stopped walking and it went quiet, then before I knew what was going on, my foot was grabbed and I was pulled out from under the bed screaming.

"LET GO OF ME! STOP IT! PLEASE." I screamed and flailed around.

"Shut up!" He shouted at me and I stop what I was doing and looked up at him to see his face with a gash above his right eyebrow. I realized that I had done that to him when I hit him with the vase. Great now he's definitely going to kill me.

Just as he brought his hand up to hit me, I kicked him in his gut and he fell back in pain. Just then I heard the doorbell ring and I ran down the stairs only to be tackled as soon as I hit the bottom step.

"Be quiet." He said and then quickly put a piece of duct tape on my mouth and handcuffed me to the stairs. Hunter walked over to the door and unlocked it before opening it.

"Hello! Would you like to buy some cookies." A little girl asked and my eyes went wide, praying for her to just go away and not get involved.

"Oh, I would love to. Let me go and get some money sweetie." Hunter said and closed the door then walked over to me.

"We are going to play a little game," Hunter announces and takes the duct tape off of my mouth and takes the cuffs off of me.

"W-what type of game?" I ask, a little scared of what the answer might be.

"Well, it involves the little girl. Every time you don't do what I ask then she gets hurt. Oh and I don't care how old she is..I killed my little sister who was the same age, without a second thought." Hunter states and my eyes go wide and I begin shaking my head.

"Please, hunter don't do that. I will do anything just don't get her involved." I begged him.

"Maybe you should have thought about that earlier." He said and walked to the door and I ran after him.

"Hunter don't!" I shouted but he opened the door and pulled the little girl inside, she looked to be about five and she had big blue eyes and long brown hair and she was wearing a Girl Scouts uniform.

She smiled innocently at us and I felt sick inside as I knew what she has just been brought into.

"H-hi sweetie, I'm Katie what's your name?"I asked and she smiled at me.

"It's Hannah." She told me.

"Okay, Hannah we are going to play a game of hide and seek. You go hide with Katie and I better not find you." Hunter says and Hannah giggles but I knew that he wasn't joking around. "Katie dear you better go and hide I'm counting to 10." Hunter states.

I quickly grabbed Hannah and ran up the stairs with her. I went into a different room this time and went into a closet. Then I put her in the very back of the closet and put some boxes in front of us. I sighed and looked at Hannah to see her smiling.

"Sweetie, why did you walk into a strangers house?" I asked her in a whisper.

"Because the man was nice." She says.

"Well, Hannah I'm going to protect you, okay honey," I tell her and she smiles and gives me a hug.

"Okay, Katie."

Suddenly the closet door was thrown open and Hunter appeared with an evil smile.

"Found you!" He exclaims and I pull Hannah closer to me.

I knew now in this house, my main job was to not only protect myself but to also protect Hannah.

====================
HEYYY GUYS!

I hope you all liked this chapter. I just want to say thanks again because I can't believe how popular this book is getting so thank you all. Please vote and comment what you thought of this chapter.

Love you guys❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

300K 5.4K 15
Casey is having the time of her life. She's 18, allowed to drink and she's ready to hit up the night clubs. One night, Casey parties a little TOO ha...
2.8M 42K 99
Six months ago, Nathan's sister was brutally murdered. Now the former playboy desires only one thing: revenge. Late at night, Nathan trudges down th...
63.8K 2.1K 27
London Hills was a teenager and not a regular one. London Hills was homeless, she normally crashed at her friend's house. London Hills is also a thie...
41 8 21
What would you do if you had lost everything you love? What would you do if you found out your boss was hiding something evil from the world? *** Sky...