The New Kid (A Korrasami Fanf...

By Airtempleavatar

Asami Sato, Bolin, and Mako are three friends, wishing for someone different to come along. When they meet an... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Not an update
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Comment
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Not an Update
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Not an update
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
AN
Chapter 33

Chapter 13

12.7K 379 445
By Airtempleavatar

Let me know what you guys think in the comments :)

Asami unlocked the door. The group walked in. As soon as the door closed, Bolin grabbed Korra and squeezed her. Korra yelped in surprise. She stood there, eyes wide, unsure what to do or think.

"I missed you", Bolin said, pouting.

Korra smiled. She wrapped her arms around the bigger teen, hugging back.

"I missed you too Bo", she said.

Bolin pulled away. He looked at her and frowned.

"What happened to your face??. Your dad did that??".

Korra lightly touched her face, feeling the busted lip. She nodded.

"Yeah. He got drunk and barged into my room and all hell was let loose. I don't get why".

"Let's get settled in and talk about this later", Asami suggested.

Korra looked relieved when the attention was taken off of her. She smiled gratefully at Asami. Asami noticed and smiled back.

"Hey guys".

Asami turned around. They saw Jinora, Wu, and Mako by the doorway of the kitchen. Asami smiled.

"Hey", Korra said. "Are we having a sleepover or something??".

Asami looked at her.

"Yeah".

"Cool. I've never slept over someone else's house before".

"Well. It'll be fun", Bolin said. "We'll eat pizza and watch movies and stay up late and then sleep in late tomorrow and have fun and have conversations about stuff and laugh and joke around and go on the Internet and have candy and popcorn and-".

"Okay Bolin", Opal giggled. "I think she gets it".

Korra smiled. "Sounds like fun".

Asami looked back at Jinora, Wu, and Mako.

"So. What have you guys set up so far??".

Jinora walked up to her.

"We have a movie picked out, snacks, pizza is on the way".

Asami smiled. "You're the best guys".

"Mako brought our stuff over so we're good", Bolin said. "So what do you guys wanna do first??".

"Let's get Korra settled in. She needs some ice on her lip".

Korra smiled. "Don't worry about me Asami. I'll be fine".

Asami gave her a look. She took her by the hand and pulled her down the hall. Korra put her bag down next to the couch as she was pulled out of the room. The girls went down the hall to the bathroom.

They both tried to ignore the electric shock they felt when they touched hands.

Asami flicked on the lights. She let Korra's hand go.

"Stay", she said, turning to the cabinets. She got out some medical stuff and a cloth. She tended to Korra's bruises and cuts on her face.

Korra was quiet the while time.

"You know", Asami said. "You don't have to be loud around us if you don't want to. You can be as quiet as a mouse if you want. Just be yourself and the others will like you".

Korra smiled. "Thanks, Asami. I'll admit. I'm a little nervous about being here. I've never been around this many people my age before".

Asami frowned. "Why not??. Didn't you have friends growing up in New Orleans??".

Korra shook her head.

"Nope. I was never really social".

I wonder why

Asami smiled. "Well, you have nothing to fear. Me, Mako and Bolin are here so all your friends are here".

Korra's face fell. "Nothing to fear, huh??".

Asami knew what she was thinking. If she had nothing to fear, why was she afraid to go home tomorrow??. She had alot to be afraid of. Asami stared at her for a moment.

"You okay??".

Korra pulled on a fake smile. Asami swore it was the fakes she's ever seen on the tan girl's face. She didn't even have to look down to know that she was fiddling with her sleeve.

"I'm fine".

No. She wasn't. Asami just smiled and pulled her hands away.

"There all done".

Korra pushed herself off the sink and smiled.

"Thanks, Asami".

Asami motioned for her to follow. She turned the light off and they made their way down the halls to the the living room. Walking in, they saw the others getting the room ready for the movie.

"What time is it??", Korra asked

"8:56", Bolin answered not looking up.
Asami looked over at Korra. The teen looked anxious.

"So. Who's ready for a movie??", Asami asked.

"We are!!", everyone shouted.

Korra turned to Asami.

"You need to change", she said. "You're still wearing heels".

Asami looked down. She was right. Asami was still in her heels, skirt and vest she had worn all day. She looked up at Korra.

"I'll be right back you guys", she said.

Asami turned around and walked out. Mako walked up to Korra.

"Are you sure you're okay??".

Korra smiled and nodded.

"Yeah. I'm alright, Mako. Really".

"If you ever need a bodyguard to keep you safe, just call me".

Korra smiled. "Thanks, Mako".

"Or call Asami".

The two turned their heads. They saw the others looking at them. Wu looked at Korra.

"If you're ever in a pickle", Wu said, "Asami would literally drop everything and come find you. Plus, she's badass. She'd go through a hundred men if it meant we'd be safe. That woman is awesome".

Korra smiled softly. "Yeah. She told me a while back that if I ever needed her, just to call her and she'd be there for me".

Korra had a certain look in her eyes. Mako cleared his throat, getting Korra's attention.

"But still. I'm here for you too. Remember that".

Korra smiled. "I will".

Suddenly Asami walked in. She smiled.

"You guys ready for the movie??".

Korra turned and looked at her. She smiled.

"Yup".

Suddenly they heard the doorbell ring.

"That's the pizza", Jinora said. "Wan, help me get the stuff".

Jinora and Wan walked out of the room. Korra, Asami, and Bolin got settled on the couch. Wu and Opal brought in the snacks. A few bowls of chips and sodas and popcorn.

Wan and Jinora came in with three boxes of pizza and cheesey bread. Setting everything down, they put in the movie and turned the lights off.

As the movie started, they began to dig into the food. Asami had two slices of pizza. She could smell the cheesey deliciousness on her plate. Turning her head, she saw Korra watching the movie, not eating a thing.

She nudged Korra gently. Korra looked at her.

"You're not gunna eat??", she asked.

Korra shook her head.

"Not hungry. I had a big meal before my dad went crazy earlier".

Korra looled back at the screen, playing with her sleeves. Asami looked over at the others who had heard the short conversation. Korra hadn't eaten. She lied again.

As the movie played, Asami could hear a faint growling coming from Korra. The teen had her head in her knees.

Asami sat up, worried. She lightly touched her shoulder, leaning in.

"You okay??".

Korra lifted her head a little so she was lookimg at her.

"Yeah. Just a migraine".

Korra put her head back down. Asami was beginning to get worried for her. She wondered how long it's been since Korra last ate. Did she even eat at home??. Was she allowed to eat when her dad was around??.

Aami had heard stories of children who were starved as a punishment by their parents. Could the same be happening to Korra??. Was she not allowed to eat??.

Asami watched her for a moment. Korra was looking at the food on her lap, trying not to be obvious. She quickly looked away when she saw Asami saw her staring. Korra must be starving. She looked at the slice of cheese pizza on her plate. She suddenly wasn't hungry anymore.

Putting the plate down, she wrapped an arm around Korra's waist, letting her lay her head on her shoulder. She ran her fingers through Korra's long dark brown hair to soothe her headache.

Asami turned her head to look at the others. They were all looking at her, worried looks on her face. Bolin gave Asami a questioning look.

"She's got a headache", Asami mouthed silently.

"Is she okay??", Opal mouthed back.

Asami shrugged and mouthed. "I know for a fact that she's starving but I don't think she's allowed to eat or something. Maybe her dad doesn't allow her as a punishment or something".

They all looked at Korra, worry in their eyes. Korra had her eyes closed, discomfort obvious on her features.

Asami rubbed her back gently. She could only hope Korra would be alright and not collapse from starvation by the end of the night. Why Korra??.

That was the main question on Asami's mind. Why her??. Korra doesn't deserve this pain and suffering. None of it.

Why??.

Let me know what cha think

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83K 1.5K 13
This is a lot Korra and Asami. Asami is 18 and just broke up with her boyfriend mako. She gets grounded and learns that her dad is bringing a guest o...
11.7K 370 19
A new group of protesters called the "Equalists" have started rioting in Republic city. A cop named Korra is assigned to the case; she is a great cop...
217K 4.6K 41
Being the second Avatar is not an easy job... Avatar Korra is now in Republic City with her best friend Yue. There they meet their friends Mako, Boli...
186K 4.3K 42
Korra and Asami are best friends ever since middle school. Then in high school, both girls face various life-changing events in their lives. Will the...