Loving You Discretely (BoyxBo...

By Scattered_Roses

Ayden Stone is the young and sexy new Math teacher this year at Northern Lights Academy in Michigan. He thoug... More

Loving You Discretely (BoyxBoy Romance) - Chapter 2
Loving You Discretely (BoyxBoy Romance) - Chapter 3 : Inside These Walls

4.9K 32 18
By Scattered_Roses

This is a combined story between me and CrissyCalabria 

I hope you guys enjoy this story as much as we enjoyed making it!!

Tell us what you think!! 

Vote and comment! We love the feedback!

 Loving You Discretely

Chapter 1: Incidental Meeting

Ayden’s P.O.V

I stared at the pseudo-stranger before me with critical yet wondering eyes. He was muscular with tattoos across his abs and down his arm. His brown hair suited him nicely. It wasn't too short or too long, it was... perfect. His eyes were dark and mysterious yet reflected his hidden inner pain and turmoil. Some would call him sexy or perfect. Everything about him seemed perfect, but I would call him guarded and troubled. He looked like a sexy angel sent to save the lost and misguided, but I knew who he really was. He was a victim, a confused soul, a monster who kept his true self buried.

I stared at him, knowing the truth that lived behind those misleading eyes. How did I know? Because he is me, Ayden Stone.

"Morning baby. Ready for your big debut as the most wanted new teacher at Northern Lights Academy?" Gwen chuckled as she ran her delicate fingers up my abs to my chest.

My reaction was just as it always was. I trembled under her touch. She perceived it as sexual excitement, whereas it meant something entirely different to me. I pulled her into me and pressed my lips to hers lightly giving her just enough to want more but not enough to be satisfied.

Tease? Maybe I am or maybe I'm something else altogether.

"I guess I'm a bit nervous. This will be my first time teaching and what’s worse than a group of rowdy teenager, except perhaps a group of troubled rowdy teenagers?" I asked with a smirk, knowing she wouldn't dare answer or second guess my assessment. She would only offer encouraging words, because that was what she did best. Gwen was the sweetest woman I had ever met. So beautiful, caring and attentive that she absolutely deserved better than me.

"You'll be great baby. Don't worry, I believe in you." Her soft, feminine voice chimed in my ears like a song. She really was everything a guy could ask for in a soon-to-be wife and I wasn’t worth the time and effort she wasted on me.

I brushed the blond hair out of her face and gave her one more quick kiss before reluctantly lumbering toward the shower to prepare for the wrath of a high school full of horny teenage boys and girls who no doubt would be drooling over me. Not that I wanted or needed the attention from any of them, I just knew I was going to get it whether I wanted it or not. Being the new teacher this year and a good looking one at that, not in my opinion but to others as I was so often told, was a curse as much as it was a downfall.

After dressing in a black button up shirt and tie with fitted black jeans, I ran my hand through my hair tousling it gingerly. I stopped to give Gwen a quick kiss goodbye on the way out the door. I wasn’t exactly certain where I was headed since Grey’s directions normally sucked balls, but I figured I’d have enough time to find the Academy because I left extra early, early enough to stop for some coffee on the way.  

I know it sounds girly, but if I didn’t get caffeine I could be a raging bitch in the morning. I’m not a morning person, or an anything person, just a caffeine person. I loved mocha lattes and if I don’t get a mocha latte in the morning, then I am a dick for the rest of the day. I wanted to make a good impression on the students as well as the staff at NLA so stopping for a latte was a must.

I pulled into the parking lot and slammed the car door, walking lazily toward "Sammy's Coffee House", not to overtly because I didn’t want to draw attention to myself. I don’t like attention. I prefer to be discrete and unnoticed, but with a face and body like mine, or so everyone always says, it’s difficult to blend in. I hated that people thought so highly of my looks when there was more to me than that. I wasn’t what I seemed, what they saw and no one ever understood that.

Kai’s P.O.V

As I awoke before dawn I made my way to the mirror in the bathroom. I stared at my reflection and saw a confused boy, with little to no hope in this world. He was tall and I guess you could call him good looking. He had these blue captivating eyes that stared daggers into you if you got too close. He doesn't allow you to see his heart; he sees no point in getting hurt anymore because of it. You could degrade the boy to nothing, but that wouldn't faze him. He's been there and couldn't be more numb because of it. He didn't know what he was or where he stood, all he knew was that he was a monster, a curse, someone never to be loved. 

That's me a monster, a curse, someone never to be loved, Kai Fosters. 

I made my way towards the shower for a quick bath before work. As the warm water hit my body my mind started to wander to a time I didn't care to remember. I quickly turned off the water and got out, shaking my wet hair as I wrapped a towel around my waist. I put on my black skinny jeans, black BVB shirt, and my over sized black hoodie. I got my school bag and headed out of my one room apartment to wait for Sky to pick me up. 

As I sat in the corner of the apartment complex I see a bright red convertible pulling up. I stand up as I see my best friend Sky smiling happily as she says "I have news that you are going to love me for!" 

I cock an eyebrow as I say "Oh really, and what would that be?"

She giggled unlocking the door saying "I'm not telling you!"

I rolled my eyes as I got into the car and she drove us to my work place "Sammy's Coffee House". The car drive over there was relatively quiet as she pulled up to the coffee house and dropped me off, telling me she'll pick me up at 7 to take me to school. I get out and walk into the coffee house that had an intoxicating aroma. I went to the employee lounge and dropped my bag off. I then proceeded to the cash register waiting for people to come in. 

After what seemed like forever, this gorgeous man walked in. He was tall and well built, though he looked pretty moody at the moment. Must not be a morning person. As he walked up to the register I looked and his olive green eyes. They looked tortured and guarded, but so sad as well. I asked him like I asked all the other costumers "What would you like sir?"

He looked at me, staring intently at my eyes as I asked him again in a slightly louder tone, "What would you like sir?"

I guess he snapped out of his trance as he said "I would like a mocha latte, please." I just nodded my head as he handed me his money and I went to prepare his mocha latte. To my surprise when I turned around he was waiting, in deep thought and I didn't want to interrupt. He looked like an art piece as he stared at the wall. I knew I had to interrupt as I tapped his shoulder and handed him the mocha latte. I watched him walk away, hoping to see him again.

Ayden’s P.O.V

I stood there, entirely distracted as my eyes wandered over to a boy working the counter, dressed in all black with captivating blue eyes. The kind of eyes that said ‘save me’, ‘help me’, ‘I’m lost and need guidance’. I don’t remember speaking to him, but I must have ordered something because I left the café with a mocha latte in one hand and a fist full of change in the other. I checked my watch and I was running late. I must have lost time again as I was standing there deep in thought, my mind quietly raging from scenes of the past, to ones of mystery about that boy.

“Fuck.” I muttered to myself as I stepped on the accelerator, speeding through twisting roads I was entirely unfamiliar with. I was late already and it didn’t help that my mind was wrapped around thoughts of that mysterious guy. The haunting look in that boy’s eyes gripped me and had me wondering what was locked up so tightly in his head that his blue eyes were shadowed like mine.   

I wasn't paying much attention to the road and nearly side swiped a car on the way into the parking lot. Well that's a hell of an impression I guess, and not a good one at that. I'm not afraid to admit that I'm a terrible, reckless driver, but when life has handed you shit, you don't care much about being careful.

After parking next to Grey's car, I made my way through what seemed like endless halls until I finally came to the guidance office. Yes, I heard their whispers and saw their stares. Their gapping mouths and bulging eyes at the sight of me were a bit shameless, and far more attention than I deserved.

‘He's so hot.' 'Is he the new teacher? I bet he can teach me a thing or two.' 'Damn! Did you see his ass?' 'Is it wrong to ask him to lift his shirt so we can drool over his abs?'

This was the attention that always fell on me, what I never asked for or wanted.

Sometimes I wished I could just disappear.

Once in the safety of the guidance office, or so I thought until the lovely lady behind the desk stared at me like I was thanksgiving dinner and she hadn't eaten in a year, I took a deep breath to let out the nervousness and spoke with a calm and controlled voice.

"Good morning, I'm looking for Greyson Starsmore. Is he available?" I said quietly and much less confidently than normal. This is what the anxiety, the fear, does to me. It causes me to revert back to my past self, one I shoved down deep inside and struggled to keep buried.

"You must be Mr. Stone the new math teacher and counselor. It's a pleasure to meet you. I'll get Mr. Starsmore for you." The lady replied while flipping her hair back and fluttering her eyelashes seductively.

Really? Is this what it's going to be like in this school? Grey assured me I wouldn't have much of a problem here. I sighed and groaned internally at her overly flirtatious behavior as she picked up the phone and summoned him, perching herself on the desk and crossing her legs in a way that I assumed was meant to be sexy and alluring. Again, I groaned internally.

She’s just a girl, they are just teenagers, it's nothing to be worried about Ayden, relax. I told myself, but I felt the anxiety welling in me. It had been a long time since I felt this way, since the nervousness and fear started to become overwhelming. Just as my thoughts started to wander back to a time I didn't care to remember, I felt a familiar hand on back, but the sudden touch, albeit familiar and calming, startled me nonetheless.

"Ayden, I'm glad to see that you made it in one piece. Please relax, it will be fine." Grey spoke wisely with a hint of a soothing tone.

I turned to my friend and stared into his calming blue eyes. His soothing smile made me feel better, safer and more relaxed. Just his presence alone afforded me some peace. He ran his hand through his blond hair and sighed sympathetically but never said another word, only looked at me with confused understanding.

See, this is why Greyson was my best friend. He understood without understanding, and he encouraged me without words, but just by being there. If I hadn't met him eight years ago and had his unending support, then I'm certain I wouldn’t be who I am today, where I am today. Maybe I wouldn't be here at all.

I'd still be running, I'd still be hiding.

Who am I kidding? I am still running and I'm still hiding, just not as desperately as before.

"Ayddy, get out of your head and get in the game. There's a school full of misguided teens that are depending on your epic teaching and counseling skills. So suck it up and be a man." Grey whispered to me as he pulled me into a man hug. Gotta love Grey for always knowing what to say and when to say it.

"Alright Grey, you always know what's best." I responded with a smirk. He was more like an overprotective father at times then he was a best friend. Seeing as my dad was well... himself, and a dad was what I needed from time to time.

"Indeed I do Ayden, indeed. Alright Mr. Stone, enough chit chat, let's get you to class... on time, shall we?" He remarked with a snicker and I scoffed at his jab about my ever-present lateness. Even when I left early, I was still late. It couldn't be helped.

My mind wandered the entire way to the class room, as I trailed along next to him, my thoughts pulling toward the coffee shop boy dressed in all black with his shadowed blue eyes. I wondered what could be so bad that they were haunted like mine. I wondered if I'd see him again. Maybe he needed help, maybe I could help him. That is why I became a teacher and counselor in the first place, to save those who need saving, and help those who feel there is no hope left.

Grey stopped in front of the door, and laid a hand on my shoulder. I took a deep breath, feeling the anxiety as it built up in me and then let it all go as the air left my lungs. I could do this. I had to be in guarded confident teacher mode now, not troubled, hidden dark soul mode.

"You can do this Ayddy, you were born to do this." Grey remarked just before he pushed the door open and walked in, quieting the class instantly with just his presence. It was obvious that he was adored and respected by the students at this school. Perhaps his good looks, stunning smile and calming demeanor had something to do with that. I mean it always worked on me.

"Class, I'd like you to meet your new teacher this year, Mr. Stone. He'll also be a part time counselor in the guidance office with me, so please feel free to come speak to either of us about your issues." Grey stated and waved me into the room. I walked in confidently, wearing the mask persona of Ayden that I wore so well it seemed to be real.

"Good morning class, I'm Ayden Stone the new math teacher and counselor. Please call me Mr. Stone or Mr. S if Stone is too big of a word for you to utter while staring at me." I smirked and raised my eyebrows, knowing every eye in the room was looking me over and checking me out with either jealously or lust. This is what I hated, but was far too familiar with.

My eyes ran across the faces in the classroom, and I chuckled, slightly amused to see that I was right. A room full of tongue gapping stares and envy filled eyes looked back at me. All except for one pair of eyes that stopped my wandering gaze cold.

Piercing blue eyes, so haunted and troubled stared back at me with something so familiar, yet foreign that it was hard to place. So, we meet again shadowed one.

Continue Reading