Once Again

By paradisewallflower

Alison Vincent leads a normal, ordinary life in Atlanta. What many people don't know about the so-called 'it... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 12

3.2K 87 14
By paradisewallflower

(Ali's P.O.V)

After my very long and relaxing bath, I head back into the bedroom Dylan and I are staying in. The red bag is still on the bed as I make my way over to it, wrapped in only a towel. Glancing outside the big glass window I notice that the ocean is a darker shade of blue but the waves are more gentle.

Let's see what else is in this magical bag shall we. Opening up the bag, I pull out my favourite white lacy bra and panties to match. Edita knows me well. Rummaging again through the contents, I pick up some pink denim shorts and a 'The Beatles' band T-shirt to go with it. There, this should do.

Slipping into my last piece of clothing, I hear my phone cry out, meaning I've got a new text message. I wonder who that's from?

Ali where the hell have you been? I didn't see you today and I've not heard from you, please text me or call me back asap!! Love you -A

Crap, with all the things going on right now I completely forgot about Ava. I know, I know, just hand over the 'worst friend of the year' award and I'll be on my way. It's not that the thought didn't cross my mind, it's just that there was never a right time with Dylan being around and all.

But how could I be so inconsiderate of her? Obviously she would be worried about me, instead of texting her I decide to call; she picks up on the third ring.

"Look who finally remembered their best friend," she mumbles and I instantly feel guilty.

"I know, I'm so sorry. I just got a little carried away that's all," I mutter apologetically.

"With what?" she asks, and if I know her like I do, she's probably raising her left eyebrow right now. I really don't know how she does it, every time I try I end up looking like a paedophile trying to pick up kids at a funfair. Yeah, not a pretty sight.

"Just... stuff," I reply casually, trying to give as little away as humanly possible. If she finds out I'm with a boy, especially Dylan (or in her case, Ethan) she will never stop questioning me about it and that's not something I want or need right now. Especially not over the phone.

"No mom, I can't.... because I'm on the phone.... can't Brock take her? I'm busy at the moment," I hear Ava yelling on the other end of the line, making me flinch a little. 

"What's wrong?" I ask, in the hopes that she will forget my previous answer and not go all detective mode on me.

"My cousin, that's what's wrong. I can't believe you left me alone with her, she's only been here for four days and the girl is already driving me insane! You wanna know what she did today?" she asks me, her voice an octave higher than it probably should be.

"What did she do today?" I question, slightly amused at the fact that Ava can get so easily frustrated with other people. 

"She hit on Eliot, can you believe that? I felt like ripping her freaking hair out," she shrieks and I try to hold back my laugh. I swear she'll kill me if she hears me laughing whenever her cousin is concerned.

Last week, Ava was telling me about her annoying cousin that's transferring into our school. I haven't heard much about her, just that she's psycho over her ex-boyfriend but according to Ava, she's also an alleged slut and drives her crazy.

I still long to meet her, although I don't think it will be long until I do, since she's also living at Ava's house for the time being.

But I don't want to think about that at the moment, I'm in such a good mood right now after my first kiss with Dylan that I don't want to spoil it. Everytime I think about me having to move, I'm reminded of my parents leaving me and that sure as hell doesn't put me in a good mood.

"You have got to help me out with her, Ali, she's driving me crazy!" she slightly yells, causing me to pull my phone a few centimetres away from my ear.

"Come on, she can't be that bad," I tease, in complete understanding that this will wind Ava up even more.

I know it's mean but I love winding people up just to see how they react, so far my favourite has been Ava and I'm pretty sure she knows it by now.

"Did you not hear everything I just said?" she screams, I can practically hear her frustration and let out an accidental chuckle. Abruptly, the door swings open to reveal an apprehensive Dylan.

"Oh, thank God you're ok," he says, now looking relieved. I shoot him my puzzled look. Why would I not be ok? He takes this as a sign to speak up.

"You said you were taking a shower but I figured you wouldn't take this long, I just got a little worried I guess," he explains shyly, scratching the back of his head. I've noticed him do this a lot when he's nervous or embarrassed, it's cute.

"Ali, you there?" Ava speaks up startling me, my little jump causes me to drop my phone onto the bed. Dylan lets out a soft chuckle while I pick the phone back up and playfully glare at him. He holds his hands up in defence and I childishly stick my tongue out at him.

"Um yeah sorry, I've gotta go but I'll call you later ok?" I dismiss after picking my phone back up. Glancing at Dylan I mouth Ava before he finally gives me a look of understanding, as if he just had an epiphany or something. He lifts up his brows and nods, resting his back on the wall.

"Wait!" Ava shouts before I could hang up, "are you with someone?" She asks, probably raising her brow again. I can't help but feel a little jealous, I've always wanted to do that too; preferably without looking like a child molester.

"Um, maybe?" My reply sounds more like a question than an answer.

"Ali," she urges me with her tell-me-now-or-I'll-kill-you tone in full swing.

"Yes," I squeak, preparing myself to be bombarded with questions. 

Glancing over at Dylan I notice that he's now sitting on a couch a few feet away from where I'm standing, his eyes never leaving me. Sorry, I mouth at him once more, feeling guilty about being on the phone when he's right here. He just chuckles slightly and shrugs as if to say 'it's ok'.

He crosses his right leg over his left one and crosses his arms over his chest. I can't help but notice his bulging bicep muscles through his tight white T-shirt. They're not crazy big like those guys on steroids but they're not too small either; they're perfect, like him.

I bite my lip in an attempt to stop myself from drooling and as I do this, I notice his expression change. His jaw tightens and his eyes turn a darker, almost a lust-filled shade of brown as he inhales a sharp take of breath.

"Alison Rose Vincent, who the heck are you with right now and why didn't you tell me? I'm your best friend, I'm supposed to know these things. Where are you? Are you feeling ok? Do you need me to come pick you up? Oh my God you haven't been kidnapped-" I cut her off before she can make anymore crazy assumptions.

"Ava," I speak calmly, in an attempt to make her relax. I hear her take a deep breath, indicating that she herself is trying to relax. I look away from Dylan and instead focus on the painting that's hung up above him. I don't know a lot about art but I can honestly say, it's beautiful.

"Well?" Ava probes, I can sense she's calmer but still eager for information. 

"I'm with Dy-Ethan," damn, I nearly let it slip again.

Dylan and I have talked about him revealing his true identity but he said it's not safe yet and I completely understood. I mean, it's not my secret to tell but it's killing me that I have to lie to my best friend. If at least Ava knew, things would be so much easier.

"What? Since when? Are you two a thing now? Where are you-"

"Ava I've gotta go, I'm ok and I'll call you later ok? Ok, love you, bye." I blurt rapidly, cutting her off once more. If I didn't end the conversation now I'm sure she would have bombarded me with a thousand more questions.

As I lower my phone I hear her faint voice shouting "I want details!" before the line goes dead. I know for a fact that Ava won't live this down too quickly, she'll keep pestering me about Dylan until I tell her everything she needs to know.

She's like a leech that feeds off of everything that goes on in my life. I get it that she's my best friend and she has to be involved and all but sometimes it's just a tad overwhelming. Am I a bad person for saying that?

After lowering my phone and dropping it onto the bed beneath me, I turn to look at Dylan.

"I'm sorry about that," I mutter sheepishly. Why am I so shy around him all of a sudden?

"Don't worry about it," he shrugs, wiping his hands on his jean clad knee and standing up "anyway, I made dinner" he grins foolishly at me while gesturing towards the door.

Dylan can cook? Since when?

"I thought you said you made dinner," I say to Dylan as I set foot into the kitchen. Right there, in the middle of the black marble island sits two boxes of Chinese food.

Of course he didn't cook, it's Dylan we're talking about here. He can hardly even put milk in his cereal without making a mess. Which brings my mind back to the breakfast he made me this morning, or should I say, the breakfast Edita must have made me.

Yes, it all makes sense now.

"Define; making dinner," he says with an amused expression.

"It means when you make it yourself, you know, fresh ingredients, pans, cutlery and yada yada." I reply, emphasising my list with hand gestures.

"Hm, well then I ordered dinner," he corrects himself while taking a seat on one of the stools. "Enjoy, I put a lot of effort into calling the Chinese place."

I laugh and take a seat opposite him, taking my box of noodles. While greedily eating a mouth full of that delicious goodness, I look to Dylan's direction while he has a pseudo war with his chopsticks.

His eyes are squinting and he's biting down on his tongue which makes him look that much more adorable. His tousled hair now overlaps his forehead and just touches his eyelashes. Some might say he'd need a hair cut, but I think he manages it just fine. He could honestly pull off anything he wanted to, which I must admit, I am quite jealous of.

"Need some help?" I chuckle, taking a few noodles into my chopsticks and waving it about in the air, just to show off and make him jealous of my super skills.

"No, I've got it," he says nonchalantly, trying to act all macho-man with me, when I know that's not Dylan. He might be on the football team and an alleged player, but deep down Dylan is a softie, however big and strong he may be on the outside.

He attempts to pick up a piece of chicken, the key word here being 'attempt'. Before it can reach his anticipating mouth, the piece of chicken slips through the chopsticks and falls mercilessly back into his plate.

"No, I've got it." I chuckle, doing my best impression of Dylan's voice while I walk over to his side.

"I do not speak like that," he protests, crossing his arms over his chest like a little boy. Why is it that I find everything he does so adorable?

"Look, this is how you do it." I demonstrate, picking up a little piece of chicken with the chopsticks and popping it into my mouth. I sure do love me some chicken.

"That's what I've been doing!" He moans, unimpressed by the fact that I can do something he can't.

Growing up, Dylan and I were always super competitive. We always had little competitions and he couldn't bare it when he lost them, which much to my displeasure, wasn't that often.

"No, you're doing it--" before I could finish my sentence, Dylan reaches into the drawer and pulls out a fork. Oh real clever, Dylan, take the easy way out. Wimp.

"There, now that's better," he smiles while eating that piece of chicken that's been disputed over for the last ten minutes.

"Loser," I snort before flicking a noodle at him with my chopstick. There, I bet he can't don't that.

Soon, the expression on his face shifts from a pleased smile into an evil grin. Oh hell no, I recognise that grin all to well and I'm not prepared to go down that road again.

I quickly bolt for the door, grabbing my noodles while I'm at it. Hearing the loud footsteps behind me makes my heart race faster as I slam shut the door behind me.

"You'll never catch me," I scream, throwing another noodle hitting him right on the nose. Bonus.

Uh oh, he doesn't look pleased.

Dyaln darts past the cream couch, charging in my direction and before I can even make a swift escape, his strong arm is already wrapped tightly around my waist.

He picks me up and spins me around while I just grin and laugh like an idiot.

"Let me down," I chide and attempt to bite his arm.

"Hey!" he exclaims while putting his hand over my mouth and I laugh, sticking my tongue out and licking his hand to make him remove it. Only, he doesn't. 

Damn it, Dylan.

Once he finally sets me down, I feel his warm breath on my neck. Warm shivers race down my spine as a result of this. I turn around to look at him, noticing that like me, he's also smiling like an idiot. 

As he stares deep into my hazel eyes, mine bore back into his golden brown ones. I detect a glint of content in his expression and soon his smile fades, his face now serious.

He opens his mouth, as if he's about to say something, only to close it back up.

What was he going to say?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Dylan's P.O.V)

Looking deeply into Ali's beautiful hazel eyes, I realise now how much she makes me happy. Everytime I'm with her I have this ridiculously wide grin on my face, and it's a genuine smile. Ever since I left her six years ago, I haven't been able to smile like this, not the way I do when I'm with Ali.

My mom and dad argued a lot and I had no one. After Elliot came along, it felt nice to have a best friend, but he could never compare to Ali. Soon enough I became what people like to label as a player. I went to every single party and got drunk out of my mind.

I had slept with just about every girl on the cheer squad, in the hopes that I'd feel somewhat better. But none of it helped.

Dating Haley was my attempt to straighten myself out, I'd hoped that if I had a girlfriend, she'd be able to help me become a better person. I was wrong.

After the break-up, all the girls at my school were throwing themselves at me because they knew what kind of reputation I had. I couldn't take it anymore and I wanted a change, I wanted to start fresh. That was the main reason why I moved to North Atlanta High, another reason being Haley's clinginess.

Now, after I've told Ali my secret, now that I have her back, I've started feeling better. A lot better. I now have this goofy smile plastered on my face everytime I'm with her. She can actually make me laugh, make me forget the things that go on at home. She makes me forget about my past, and all I can think about is how I can be a better person for her.

I know that I wouldn't be happy with anyone else, Ali is everything to me. I want to ask her to be my girlfriend but I'm too much of a freaking coward.

I don't want to ruin what we have because honestly, if I lose her now, I don't know what I'll do. I open my mouth slightly, trying to get my words together but I just can't. I'm way too nervous. I need to sit down.

Leading Ali up to the large cream sofa, I gesture for her to sit down and she complies. She looks at me expectantly, with a glint of curiosity in her eyes. Looking at her instantly puts me at ease and I take a deep breath. If I don't do it now, then someone else might do it before me and that is not a risk I'm willing to take.

"Ali, I have to ask you something," I say, keeping a close eye on her expression to see how she reacts. She looks intrigued.

"What's up, Dy?" she asks, scooting a bit closer to me. It's now or never.

I take hold of her soft hand and squeeze it gently, ignoring the butterflies fluttering around in my stomach. I didn't even know guys felt those.

"I've been meaning to ask you this for a long time.." I pause, not knowing how to phrase it. What should I say? I can't stop now, I've already started. 

Oh God please help me, give me some guidance in this time of need. I look down at my shoes which have now become very interesting. Look at the way those laces thread through the material, wow-

Dylan, you're losing it! Yells my subconscious, snapping me out of my trance.

"Dylan, what's wrong?" Ali asks, lifting my chin with her soft hand, locking eye contact between us. Why does she have to be so beautiful? I'm sure if she wasn't I wouldn't get so tongue-tied around her. 

Ok, this is it. I'm just going to ask her and get it over with. Here goes nothing.

----------------------------------------

A/N: There goes another chapter, what did you guys think? Will Dylan finally ask Ali? Hmm, I'm pretty curious to find out hahah. Anyway, I hope you guys liked this chapter and I'm sorry I took so long to post it but here it is, happy reading! :D

P.S. I'd like to dedicate this chapter to one of my BWF (Best Wattpad Friends) @storylover5555 because she's awesome and really cool. You should go check out her amazing story, Stolen Kisses I promise you won't regret it. Anyway, here's to strip clubs, bad grades and YOLO! ;D

P.P.S. YOLO is not an expression I allow into my daily vocabulary, it was a joke guys so don't worry, I've still got my shizzle together ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9M 115K 59
* * * Lauren Collins is a good girl. She's responsible and shy but has a tight knit group of friends, excellent grades, and is dating Thomas Clark, a...
1.3K 105 45
Ryan is a high school junior. It's her first year in high school. She's been home schooled her entire life due to her overprotective mother. Her firs...
121K 4.3K 32
Aren't one sided crushes fun? NOT! 18 year old Melody Jenkins has spent the last 3 years of high school crushing on one guy, Jake Kensington, who see...
898 217 21
Bethany thought she would always have eyes for basketball-star Matt...until she meets someone who can even out charm him, his older brother. ...