Adopted by Sleeping With Sire...

By blurryfacelester

[completed] [in the middle of editing] Monica has been an orphan since birth. Her mother got pregnant in high... More

Adopted by sleeping with sirens
• prolouge •
Presant Day • uno
They Came • dos
They want to adopt me? • tres
Going With Them • cuatro
Unpacking • cinco
Sing To Me • seis
Shopping • siete
Meeting Oliver • ocho
House Party • nueve
Finding Monica • diez
Karma • once
authors note
The Question • doce
School?! • trece
Happy Birthday!! • catorce
Suprise!! • quince
Song For You • dieciseis
Bullies • diecisiete
Thunderstorms • dieciocho
Becoming Famous • diecinueve
authors note
Yes Sir Sorry Sir • veinte
q&a time?! ^0^
No Please Be Okay • veintiuno
Tears and Hospital Visits • veintidos
Back Home • veintitrés
A Day Of Thinking • veinticuatro
Date With Kellin • veinticinco
Netflix and chill • veintiséis
Meetings And Arguments • veintisiete
Thoughts And Song Lyrics • veintiocho
All Those Memories • veintinueve
Happiness and Phone Calls • treinta
Authors note
Having Fun • treinta y dos
Iris • treinta y tres
Fireworks • trienta y cuatro
Authors note
Monicas album
Unpublished chapter
Lovley note
Help authors note
Authors note :)
TRAILER!!
Sequal!!
Authors note ideas
Watty awards

Tears and Starbucks • treinta y uno

2.8K 79 51
By blurryfacelester

"Kellin!!" I yelled and a second later he came walking into my room.

"What?" He asked calmly.

"Don't say "what?"!! She's calling! What do I do!!?" I yelled showing him my phone.

"Anwser!!" He yelled and pushed the phone up to my ear.

"I have to press the ANWSER button stupid!" I yelled but then laughed nervously and pressed the green button.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Monica? Monica! Hey I'm in Cali! I just got at my hotel a few hours ago. Sorry I didn't call you sooner but I had to charge my phone." My.. mom said. Already giving excuses. Maybe she regrets coming already.

"That's okay. I just woke up a while ago anyways... so... we're still meeting up?"

"Of course!" She said and I could hear the excitement in her voice "where do you want to meet and when?".

I gave her an address of a small Starbucks a couple blocks down from my house and told her to be there around 11am tomorrow morning. She had agreed and we both said are goodbyes.

I clicked the red button to end the call and then I looked at Kellin.

"Welllll?! Your meeting your mom tomorrow arnt you excited!?" Kellin smiled shaking my shoulders. I gave a small chuckle and said "of course but I'm just scared.".

"It's going to be fine. I promise she will love you. Now how about we go out to just roam the mall or something?" Kellin suggested.

"Won't people notice us- well mainly you?" I asked.

"Imma wear a disguise duh." Kellin said rubbing my hair.

"Yes cause sunglasses and a hat really makes you unrecognizable." I said sarcastically and smiled. He kissed me and said "I know that's why I wear it.".

"Whatever let's go." I smiled and got off the bed.

-

"You know? You look real stupid." I tiptoed and whispered in kellins ear.

"Well I don't think you look so hot either." Kellin smiled and pulled my hand he was holding down for I can get off my toes.

"People are going to notice us." I said.

"Just relax. At the most maybe three." He said.

"Ha so you admit this is a bad disguise!" I said in victory.

"Shut up." He smiled "let's just shop. Maybe pick out an outfit for when you meet your mom.". I smiled and pulled him into some store that looked kind of girly. I just wanted to dress up a bit for meeting her for the first time.

- next day

After hours of shopping yesterday with stares (mainly because Kellin and I mostly looked around in girly stores and Kellin and I looked like shadows, dressed all in black, and wearing hats and sun glasses) I bought a couple cute skirts and dresses.

It is going to be summer soon and I'll be going on tour with the guys so best to be prepared.

"So what outfit you think your going to wear?" Kellin asked as I laid out all my skirts I got onto my bed.

"I was thinking this pink one but I don't really have a band shirt to match." I said holding up the skirt.

"Let me see." Kellin mumbled while opening my drawer and looking for a top I guess and I had no problem with it until he turned around with a box in his hand.

"Oh no. That's nothing just old stuff. Put it b-." I tired to say but I saw the box was already opened.

"Why?" Kellin asked.

"They're old. You already told me you knew. You saw yesterday that I haven't done it anymore." I said.

"I want you to flush them." He said and my eyes practically popped out of their sockets.

"What?! No. No! I can't." I said shaking my head and tried to grab the box back but Kellin put his arm up for I couldn't reach.

"why? I don't want you to do this. Your to perfect." Kellin said and placed a hand on my cheek. I was going to smile and give in but I knew that what he was saying is a lie.

"I'm not." I mumbled and pushed his hand off me.

"What?"

I felt the anger build up in me. I can't stand him calling me perfect all the time. Especially when I know I'm so not.

"I'm not. I'm not perfect! If I was perfect why did my mom leave me?! Why did all those things happen in the past? Why have I for the first 15 years of my life, not have a true best friend?! Huh? Because I'm fucking disgusting and my dads parents could probably see that and that's why they made them give me up! And they didn't love me enough to say no! I'm dating a fucking guy over 17 which I never thought I would do because before I met you! - before I met the band I was fucking terrified for my life of older guys and even some women! Those blades were my best friends, my escape.. My - my" I shouted and I wanted to say more but I got choked up on tears. I felt like I couldn't breath and I had the feel to need to use my blades. Kellin put the box down on the counter and put his arms on my shoulder.

"You.. You. You don't like that were together? Monica if you don't really want to be with me you don't have to. I promise you no one will ever hurt you again. Especially not me or the guys. We love you to much as just a person, as Justin's daughter. You're right you deserve someone your own age. I'm sorry. but I just want to say. Yes you are perfect. Everything about you is. You're not disgusting or ugly and you said first 15 years so that means you have a best friend now? I'm sure they love you and your parents? They were stupid to let you go but I'm sure they did it for the right reasons. Just we can break up if you really don't want to be with me. I don't want to force you." Kellin said and I could see the tears in his eyes and hear the crack in his voice.

"Kellin.. No no no. You never forced me. I promise. I'm sorry I said that I didn't mean it. I fucking love you. You and the band are the best things that ever happened to me. I probably wouldn't even be meeting my mom, or alive, if I would have stayed with my other adopters and yes I know my best friend loves me. Because that's you." I said and then gave a small smiled and hugged Kellin tightly and he hugged back.

"I'm sorry but I really do want you to get rid of these." He said grabbing the box and shaking it. I think he saw the terrified look on my face, he sighed and said "I won't flush them. I'm going to put them in my room somewhere okay?" Then he left and I closed and locked the door behind him. I didn't feel like seeing him right now. I didn't feel like seeing anyone. The one person who meant the most to me now knew one of my darkest secrets.

I shook my head trying to get my mind off that and grabbed a pink maxi skirt and a white kind of crop top shirt and a necklace and my white converse. I threw them on my bed and stripped from the clothes I was wearing and put the new outfit on.
I went to straighten my hair and do my make up.

Only one more hour till I meet my mom.

-

"I'm nervous." I said pasting back and forth in the parking lot of Starbucks "what if she backs out and doesn't show up?".

"Monica I'm 100% sure she will not back out. Now go in there and go to the spot in the back you told her to meet you!"

"What if something happens? What if that guy is here?" I whispered, referring to my kidnapper from months ago. I mean I know he's in jail and everything but sometimes I just get paranoid.

"I promise you he's not and I'm going to be here in the car. Just come out when you're ready to leave." Kellin said. I mumbled an okay still not being sure I want to go through with this but Kellin gave me a reassuring smile.

I slowly walked to the glass doors and tried to scan the room before I entered. I opened the doors and walked in and started to walk to where I told my mom to meet me.

I stopped when I turned the corner. There was a blonde young looking -well from the back- lady sitting on the booth I told my mom to sit at.

I felt my heart start to race and I felt my legs turn into like heavy jello.

I walked slowly trying to build up the courage to go over there. She still doesn't see me. Shes facing the other way. I could still run and leave.

Soon enough I was just a booth away from her. I took a deep breath and tried to take my shaking down. I walked quickly to the other side of the booth and scooted in. I looked up and the lady was starring at me. I couldn't tell her emotion but I'm sure she could tell mine terrified.

"Monica?" She said.

"Mom?" I questioned myself. She started scooting out of the booth and so did I and as soon as I stood up she attacked me in a hug. She started rubbing my hair and swaying us back and forth. I picked up my limb arms and wrapped them lightly around her thin waist.

I heard quiet sobs coming from her into my ear.

"I've missed you so much." She whispered and then pulled away but put her hands on my shoulders.

"Look at you! You're so beautiful and now that I know how you look like I've seen your album in stores. You're a singer?!" She asked while smiling. I smiled too and said "Beginner. My latest adoption I got adopted by this band and they said I sounded 'amazing' so they got me signed with a record label." I said.

"That's so wonderful Monica! And don't air quote that amazing. I'm sure you do sound amazing!" She said hugging me again and then we both sat down back in the booth.

-

We were talking for what felt like hours but I'm sure it was only 12 something in the afternoon by now.

"So how has everything been?" She asked. I honestly felt like kind of yelling at her. How have I been? It's been hell. I thought something was wrong with me for my parents giving me up. I went through so much in my past adoptions. But I didn't, we were getting so along now.

"It's been okay I guess. you know how great can your life be? when you've been thinking for the last sixteen years of your life that your parents didn't want you." I said while playing with one of my bracelets. I looked back up to her. Oh no I've made her cry now.

"No no no Monica that is so not it." She said and then she got out of the booth and slid next to me. She hugged me and as she rubbed my arm she said "It's not that we didn't want you. I loved you. Your dad loved you.. but we were just sophomores in highschool. We didn't know what to do. We still had to get through school. I - we just couldn't do it. We had to give you up Monica. We did it for the best."

A tear from her fell onto my shoulder.

"Yeah the best? The best for you. Not for me. You have no idea what the hell I've been through!" I practically yelled scooting away from her.

"Your right I don't I get how you can be mad and.. I'm sorry. But the family you're living with now is good to you right?" She asked. My lips couldn't help but form a smile. "Yes they are. They're the best thing that has ever happened to me." I said.

"Really?" She asked.

"Yeah they are. Why the sad tone?" I asked and I put my leg on the seat for I could be facing towards her.

"Cause.. if I asked you to move back home with me.. in Arizona. You wouldn't?" She asked and all my thoughts went blank and I felt like I was going to choke.

"You - you want me to move to Arizona with you?" I asked.

"Yes it will be perfect. You'll have the normal life Im sure you've always wanted. You could meet your brothers and sisters and your step-dad. Your grandparents! You can go to school there and I'm sure we can find a way to resume your music career. Even if we have to drive here or something to California everyday!"

"You want me to just leave my family and everyone to move home with you?" I asked.

"Don't make it seem like that." She sighed "I knew I shouldn't have asked you yet. I was hoping for the best. All your siblings want to meet you and for you to come live with us. You can still talk to your friends and your family here on the phone for Skype or whatever you teens use... You don't have to make up your mind now but I'm going back home in three days." She said placing her hand on my knee.

"I - I don't know." I said.

"Look Monica I know I haven't talked to you since.. well your whole life and your probably feeling that you'll be moving in with a bunch of strangers or something but we're your family and we love you. Just think about it okay?" She said hugging me.

"Okay." I said giving her a small smile and the she got up and fixed her shirt and I just stared at her.

"Great! So let's forget about that for now. Come on let's go get a smoothie or something and we can go walk around in the park or whatever you want. It's a nice afternoon." She smiled and then I got up.

We had went in line and both got a strawberry smoothies because I had insisted that she did cause it was the most amazing smoothie ever.

After she had took a sip she agreed.

We walked out into the parking lot and I saw kellins car.

"I'll be right back." I said and handed her my smoothie. I walked over to kellins car and he rolled down the drivers window.

"Read to go?" He asked.

"Actually we're going to go to the park. I think I'm fine you can go home and I'll call you when I'm ready." I said then hugged him real quick and went back to my mother.

"Who was that your father?" She asked while we started to walk down the sidewalk and I took a sip of my smoothie.

I almost spit out the smoothie and laughed. "No! He's one of my um friends. I had him bring me here and he just stayed to make sure I was okay." I said.

"Oh well that's nice of him." She smiled.

"Yeah he's really nice."

Then we started walking to the park in silence. It wasn't awkward or anything. It was just peaceful. I felt like this huge weight had been lifted off of my shoulders.

I felt like I was meeting a piece of me that I never really knew about.

Today was amazing.

Now I just have to think about if I want to move to Arizona with her and leave all my friends... and Kellin.

2839 words

A/N: HEY GUYS YUP IM SO EXCITED. MONICA FINALLY MET HER MOM! AHHHHHHHH.

lol but yeah I'm so excited just wanted to say that. Oh and also I'm sorry if the Starbucks part seemed a bit rushed. I dunno if it did but they were talking for about an hour before Summer (Monica's mom) asked her to move with her. Just wanted to say that cause if not it definitely does seem kinda rushed and sappy. So yeah IM SO EXCITED THE ENDED IS NEAR PREPARE YALLS SELVES.

Also tell me if you want a sequel. I already made a cover and I think it looks pretty good but I'll only post a squeal if you guys want it because maybe you think how the end of this story is going to be is perfect just how it is? Anyways so yeah I love you guys! And yeah byyyee thanks for reading. (It isn't over yet).

Also please check out Monica and kellins one shot Tangled in sheets.

-Blurryfacelester

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.4K 364 22
A guy with his friend notices a virgin girl in two days and decides to rape her because he is interested in her. The girl's parents are angered and d...
78.3K 2.2K 26
"Ms. King, I'm sorry to tell you, that your father was in a car crash as a result of drunk driving, he did not survive the impact." A police officer...
47.6K 1K 29
"Look at me Axel . I'm sorry I never should've- His lips were on mine and I grabbed his waist like it was the most natural thing in the world. His...
9K 817 29
Karis travelled back in time owing to Medeia's good karma, which Medeia exchanged for Karis' second chance in life. Now, Karis could save her family...