Paradise: A Brittana Fanfic

By thekid05

AU. Brittany and her family relocate to Hawaii. She meets a intriguing local girl who turns her world upside... More

Kamuela
CC Jons
Kiholo
Haole
Palehua
Kohala
Hana Hou
Homecoming
October 15, 2006
Pololu Valley
Mauna Kea
Laupahoehoe Point
New Years Eve
Pahoa Tournament
Waiakea
Waimea Wooden Playground
Konawaena
Waipio Valley
Hi'ilawe
The Valley
Spring Formal
Her Past
Beer Pong
Argument
Coming Clean
Senior Game
Secrets & Stories
Fishing Tales
Questions
Worry
Truth Be Told
Uncle Ben's
Recovery
BIIF Championships
85
Changes
States Pt. 1
States Pt. 2
Champions
Mana Road
Puddle Action
Pualena
Graduation

Hear Me Out

2.2K 54 25
By thekid05

Damn. It's been a few months hasn't it! BUT I'M BACK and here with a brand new update for those who have been anxiously waiting! A glee marathon has sparked the writing motivation in me again and hopefully this won't be the last update for another few months. I'm determined to finish this, because tbh this is one of the best fics i've written.

So here you go. A long awaited Paradise update.

Comments are again, always greatly appreciated.

Enjoy :)
--------------------

I'll be over when we finish up here okay? We were just finishing up at the driving range. I love you.

Santana had never felt so anxious in her entire life. She was afraid that this was it. That this was going to be the last day that she would call Brittany her girlfriend. On the car ride over to Brittany's, she went over every scenario she could think of in her head. She thought of everything she was possibly going to say to her. Every apology, every explanation was carefully planned out in her mind and she felt a little bit of weight off of her chest. But what worried her the most? Was the fact that Brittany hadn't texted back since she left the driving range. And the more she remembered that, the more nervous she got.

"Everything is going to be fine, babe. Mom and I will be over at uncle's house if you need us. I love you." They waved bye and with that, Santana turned around and looked up the driveway. The walk over to the door seemed further than usual, and with every step she swore her heart would beat louder. She shuffled around her jacket pocket for her keys when the door opened, and there stood her girlfriend in her softball hoodie and sweatpants. Her nose was red, eyes puffy. Brittany shot her a small smile, and opened the door a little more inviting her inside. Santana's heart dropped, knowing that it was her fault that Brittany was in this state of sadness. They both sat on the couch together, with a little space in between them. It was quiet at first, but Santana couldn't take it anymore.

"Babe, I'm sorry I.."

"Hang on, San. Let me talk first." Brittany cut her off. "Give me a few minutes, and hear me out okay?"

The words made Santana's heart drop. She nodded, looking down at her hands. From a young age, Santana would play with her fingers whenever she got nervous. And Brittany recognized that and went to grab onto them.

"Look. What I'm gonna say, isn't bad. I promise. I just need you to listen, because I love you. I love you until the ends of the earth babe. What happened last night, wasn't ideal. It was like my worst nightmare in real life and hearing the words coming from you sucked, you know? She kissed you. And I wasn't there. So of course, I reacted the way I did. Because wouldn't you react the same way?"

Santana was crying, knowing that she royally fucked up. "Britt, I.."

"Hang on. I'm not finished. After you saw me standing there, you tried to explain yourself. And I didn't give you the chance to. And I wanted to apologize for that. I know you love me. Trust me. I know you do. I haven't doubted that since the day we started dating. And I'm not doubting you now. I just needed time to, process everything."

"I didn't want to kiss her. I promise I didn't. I was drinking and Kayla showed up and I'm not trying to use drinking as an excuse but she stopped Kayla and I from fighting and then it happened and I'm so sorry okay? I don't love her. She means NOTHING to me. Please believe me you have to believe me.." Santana broke down and Brittany grabbed onto her. "Please don't leave me, Britt. Please. You're everything to me."

"I'm not going to leave you, San. Okay? I'm not leaving you." She let go of her girlfriend to look her in the eyes. "Calm down."

Santana tried to slow her breathing, and when she couldn't, Brittany kissed her. She took a couple shortened breaths and starting breathing normally again.

"I'm just sorry. I really really am."

"Enough crying, okay? It's in the past, it's done, and you have nothing to apologize for okay?"

Santana nodded, pulling Brittany in for a hug.

"Let's go upstairs okay?"

The girls got off of the couch and walked upstairs together.

----------------

In the days that followed, Santana felt as if they didn't skip a beat. School was good, softball was great and her relationship with Brittany was at an all time high. Their softball team was on a winning streak and if they win their upcoming game against Konawaena, then they'd get a first round bye during BIIFs and that would mean that they would have to play one less game than the other teams which was a huge advantage for them. And on top of all the excitement surrounding the upcoming game, it was the seniors last home game of the season which rose the stakes up even higher. It had been a long time since Honka'a won their senior home game for softball and the girls wanted to end the curse.

"Britt's gonna be out for Kehau's head tomorrow. This is gonna be completely fuckin' epic as shit." Kama was walking down the hallway with Santana and Kalei. "Can you imagine that?"

"Shut up, Kama." Santana laughed. "But you're right. She will. But that's only gonna push her even harder to play better so I not complaining at all."

"Can you believe though? It's already the senior home game." Rachel got a little teary eyed. "This season went by so fast."

"It did yeah? But it's also one of the best seasons to date, our record is actually in our favor. 5-2? Unbelievable." Santana was so proud of the team this season. And it showed overtime they took the field. "Brah imagine if we win tomorrow? And we get the bye?"

"Watchu mean if? You mean when." The girls all high fives as they walked across the street to meet up with the rest of the team at the cafeteria.

Practice that afternoon was flawless as the girls brushed up on running their plays and getting a little batting practice in before it got dark. The teams confidence was an all time high but Coach Sue made sure that they kept their heads level, and concentrated on the game rather than the rewards of winning.

"Good practice today, ladies. I am more than confident that you will do amazingly tomorrow. But remember, take it one pitch at a time and keep your head in the game."

"We got this guys. Hands in. Here's to the last regular season practice! Dragons on 3! One! Two! Three! DRAGONS!"

The girls scattered and headed home. They had a huge game the next day, and the excitement was just beginning.

----------------

It was a beautiful Saturday morning, and the team arrived at the field early to put up their signs and prep the field for the game. Music was playing over the loud speakers, and the vibe was intense yet positive. They worked in silence for the first hour, but once people started filing the seats they started to get hyped.

"San, can you believe it?" Rachel and Santana were standing behind home plate looking out onto the field. They had just got done raking the field and were dusting the excess dirt off of their rakes. "This is our last home game for our high school careers. Look how far we've come."

"Don't start that yet." She looked over at her friend who as already wiping her eyes. "Let's get through the game, and we can cry all we want later. Eye on the prize."

They fist bumped and continued on with pre game preps. It was almost 1, and the bleachers were practically filled. Warm ups couldn't have gone any smoother, and the girls were ready. Konawaena looked sharp, so it was going to be a fight for every pitch, every hit.

"Okay. Shake out the nerves you guys this is it. No need worry about them, they think that just cause they won the first time they gonna win again. But that ain't gonna happen this time. We worked for this. We put in the time. We got something they don't, and that's our talent that comes out when we step on that field. Hands in, this is it guys. Do it for the seniors. Do it for you. Dragons on 3."

DRAGONS!

Santana's pre game speeches were always motivating but today was different. Today the team seemed more pumped. They took the field and the umpire started the game.

Brittany stood in centerfield anxiously awaiting the first pitch of the game. She could see Santana smiling from where she stood which gave her butterflies. Everything since their huge fight over Kehau was great. Nothing seemed to change, which made Brittany happy. She thought that things were going to be awkward after they talked but it wasn't. And that's how she knew that this was what she had been looking for.

Rachel winded up, and threw the first pitch. It was a hard grounder to short, and it was like clockwork. Nalani picked it up and effortlessly threw it to first for the first out of the game. It played out that way for the first half of the game. It was back and forth, and in the fifth inning the score was 2-1 in Konawaena's favor. A few errors in the top of the 4th let Konawaena get away with 2 runs. Top of the 5th with two outs, Santana started getting frustrated and it was perfectly clear to Brittany. She wasn't mad at the team, she was just frustrated because she understood that things like that happen, and San knew that the team was capable of so much more. Rachel threw a pitch, and Santana bobbled it a little and the runner at first took off for second. Rachel ducked, and Santana threw from her knees. She panicked a little, knowing that there was a lot riding on this game and she didn't want to let the other team get any more runs. The girl slid, and as the dust settled, the umpire called the runner out at second.

Brittany was covering second, and ran up to Wehi to give her a high five when she realized that Santana was laying on the ground and Rachel was kneeling next to her.

"What happened?" Brittany turned to Nalani who gave her a confused look as well.

"I don't know. Maybe she's just happy she made the throw." They all stood there for a few seconds when the arrival of the athletic trainer made them realize that it was something else. "Oh fuck."

"San?!" Brittany ran over to home plate with Nalani chasing after her.

"Hang on Sooner, give her a little space." They watched as Holly helped Santana up and off the field.

The team was shook, and with everything that was happening they forgot it was three outs and Coach Sue snapped them back into reality by calling them back into the dugout. Santana was sitting on the back of Holly's golf cart, getting her shoulder looked at.

"Okay girls. Everything's okay. Tash, you're hitting for Santana for the time being. Kaleo you're up. Lets get this done girls!"

HITS!

Brittany turned to Santana. She had tears falling from her eyes. I'm okay, she mouthed. But Brittany didn't believe her.

"Britt, she wants you to stay focused. She's gonna be okay." Rachel handed her her helmet.

"What happened?"

They both sat on the bench as the Konawaena pitcher was warming up.

"When she threw to second, she felt something pop in her shoulder and she was in pain."

With Kalei out at first, Kama was up. She hit a solid drive in shallow center. Wehi was next. On the second pitch, the ball got past the catcher and Kama took off for second. The count was 2-2 and the team was up against the backstop cheering Wehi on. On the next pitch, a miracle happened. Wehi wasn't the greatest batter but today? She line drived the ball to the hole between center and right field and the team went crazy. With a RBI double, Wehi brought Kama home which tied the game. The crowd was going crazy, and the team was eating it up. They were cheering louder, which started to bring Konawaena's morale lower. Rachel stepped into the batters box with a new found confidence.

Before Brittany stepped out of the dugout, Santana grabbed her. Brittany looked at the ice pack that was securely wrapped on her shoulder. But before she could look for too long, Santana grabbed her facemask on her helmet and made her look up at her face.

"I'm fine babe." Santana reassured her. "Concentrate on the game. I'll be here waiting for you when you come back home."

"I'm supposed to be the injured one, not you."

"Hey. No thinking like that. Get out there. You got this." And with a pat on the helmet and a smile, Brittany got in the batters circle to warm up while Rachel was at bat.

After a struggle in the box, Rachel struck out and her head hung low. Brittany stopped her before she went into the dug out and told her it was okay. But now the pressure was on. Two outs and a runner on second. She turned to Coach Sue standing next to third base who threw her a thumbs up. Brittany tuned everyone out. She knew that this was her moment. She couldn't leave Wehi on second.

Her grip tightened on her bat as the pitcher wound up for the first pitch.

BALL!

Brittany stepped out of the box to take a couple breaths.

The second pitch was thrown and Brittany swung. A hard grounder down the left field foul line and it was called a foul. Wehi ran back to second clapping and cheering Britt on. The crowd and the team was going crazy but Brittany didn't let anything in. She was concentrating on one thing and that was getting this hit. The pitcher threw and it was like everything went into slow motion. She watched as the ball came straight down the center of the plate and she swung. Her bat made contact and she took off.

Nothing  could've prepared her for what happened next.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.9K 734 58
Quinn Fabray is a new in the city of Lima, Ohio, she moved from New York with her mom. Unfortunately she has went through a hell of a lot but when l...
121 2 3
" People always wondered how the four were friends. Britany was bubbly and outgoing Rachel was just as energetic and friendly. Santana was often ha...
6.2K 127 19
11th graders, Brittany S. Pierce and Santana Lopez are sworn enemies. Neither remember why. But then they are forced to spend time together after sch...
23.3K 643 11
(COMPLETED) Santana is starting college with her best friend Quinn. Quinn quickly makes friends and they are all going out together, Santana isn't ve...