Confessions of Your Friendly...

By ElenaJane

Rae is the new girl in town after a messy divorce between her parents. Landing in Snow Beach the summer befor... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five

Chapter Twenty

1K 19 1
By ElenaJane

Okay, maybe I wasn't going to kick his ass, but I was going to bitch him out. 

"And what in God's name do you think you're doing?" I shouted. Lance stood in front of me sheepishly in a dark alley way. He shuffled on his feet awkwardly as I stood in front of him, both hands on my hips, and the hip popped effectively to the side. When he would finally look up at me, he would know that I mean business.

"Fine, you're not going to talk, Lance?" I snapped. "I will kick you in the nuts, how stupid you're being!"

"It's not what it looks like," Lance said, finally speaking.

"Oh really?" I quipped. "So, you two aren't together as a personal vendetta against me and Patrick?"

"Okay, so maybe it's exactly what it looks like," he sighed. 

"And on his birthday? What kind of horseshit it that? You're supposed to be his friend!"

"I know, it's stupid!" Lance groaned. "But Josie, she's just so... soo.."

"So what?" I yelled. "Unless she's a fucking wizard or something, there is no logical word to come out of your mouth that I would actually buy. Literally, mind control is the only excuse I'm willing to accept and we both know that that is impossible."

"Rae, calm down." Arms wrapped around me tightly from behind, pulling me in to a tight embrace. I looked up and Patrick held me tightly. Instantly, I cooled off a little bit, but I was still fuming and waiting for an answer.

"Patrick, bro, I am so sorry," Lance said. 

"Lance, now that I've managed to calm Rae down a little bit, we would both enjoy an explanation," my boyfriend said with a stern authority. It was pretty sexy. Lance groaned and then sighed, pushing his shaggy blonde hair back with his eyes. He continued to shuffle around for a few moments, probably trying to figure out an explanation that wouldn't sound stupid.

"The night we went on our date, Rae, Josie came and talked to me," Lance explained. "After I picked Patrick up in Granton, that is. She wanted Patrick back. And I wanted Rae. So, we had an agreement We would be together to make you guys jealous."

"You barely even knew me!"I argued. 

"Rae," Patrick whispered in my ear.

"I don't get turned down very often," Lance continued. "At the time, I didn't know that you two were together. But by the time I did, Josie wouldn't let me out of this deal. And to be honest, I didn't want to be out of the deal. I watched Patrick at the Cove, and how much he hurt you Rae. He was horrible to you. He doesn't deserve you."

Me and Patrick both let his words sink in for a moment. Lance had been so nice, so understanding when we went out. But yet, here he was, willing to hurt his own friend just to make me jealous. I couldn't comprehend it. 

"You're the one who punched her in the face!" Patrick argued.

"I know!" Lance yelled. "Once I saw how happy you guys really were, I wanted out. I needed out. But Josie, she's just such a manipulative bitch! I didn't know she was coming tonight. I tried telling her to stay away, but she has her spies. I'm so sorry you two. Really. I wish I could take it all back.

"Rae, I'd like you to go inside please," Patrick requested. 

"But-" I turned around to protest.

"Please, Rae. I got ride of Josie already. I just want to talk to Lance alone." Patrick gazed down at me with stern eyes, and I nodded slowly. Patrick didn't ask much of me, and I knew he wouldn't ask much of me again soon. So, I gave one last dirty glance at Lance before I turned around and walked back inside. 

When I walked back in to the Bridge everyone looked at me like I had the Plague or something. They didn't ask any questions, but just stared at me. I sat for a few moments, picking at the onion straws in front of me. But despite how much I loved onion straws, I had no appetite feeling the curious eyes of my friends. I didn't want to leave Patrick here, but I just couldn't stand the questions and the looks any longer. This was certainly not my day.

"Tell Patrick I went home," I sighed, getting up from the booth. None of my friends protested as I walked quickly out of the Bridge and towards my car. 

"Rae, wait!" I turned around and saw Patrick running towards me. "Where are you going?"

"Home," I shrugged. "I think it's best. Everyone is a little too curious for me."

"Can I see you later?" Patrick asked.

"Of course. I still have two more parts of your present to give you," I smiled and he returned it equally.

"I'll pick you up before the part at the Loft," Patrick said, before kissing me goodbye. I wanted so much to tell him I loved him right then and there, but I had to hold back. There was a perfect moment to tell him how I felt, and it wasn't right after we got in a fight with his best friend and Josie showed up.

I drove home, surprisingly calm. I was bothered, but not infuriated. If this would have happened a few months ago, I might have punched a wall. Even with my anger at my dad and this whole Lance/Josie situation, I was surprisingly chipper. I did lose some of that, however, when I saw Brad's car parked in front of my house. Who knew what kind of tom foolery might be going on inside. But all I wanted was a god damn nap.

"Rae!" my mom squealed running over to me. "Look! Look! Bra'd proposed!" She flased her left hand in front of my face and showed me the familiar ring from the cupcake store.

"I know," I smiled. "I've known for awhile!"

"Oh Brad! You jerk!" she shouted happily, turning around. Brad stood behind my mom, lurking in the doorway and smiling. 

"I'm so happy for you," I told my mom hugging her tightly. 

"Come on, let's have a toast!" my mom begged.

"Listen, I'm kinda sick. I'm just going to go lay down." I dismissed myself quickly, and ran upstairs and laid in my bed.

My God, what  day. So much drama so little time. Truly. We've got my dad and his girlfriend, Lance and Josie, and now I had to deal with the engagement. Was I mentally prepared for this? I thought quickly about dialing Dr. Klein, but decided against it. So, I just laid in my bed and thought. My biggest feeling was really just annoyance, not anger or hate, but annoyed that these things kept happening to me. Before I could think anymore, my phone started buzzing. 

"Hey, Patrick," I answered, a warm feeling spreading over my body. 

"What Lance said before, do you agree with it?" Patrick asked, ignoring any type of greeting.

"What do you mean?" I replied.

"Was I too horrible to you? Do I deserve you?" His voice sounded hurt and desperate. My feelings of annoyance disappeared and I was filled with anger, mostly because Lance had gotten to Patrick and that drove me crazy. 

"Patrick, come over here," I said. "We shouldn't talk about this over the phone."

"I'm on my way." The phone hung up and I let out a sigh. Too much was happening all at once. But, this would be the time. Patrick would come over here and I would calm all his nerves by telling him I loved him. 

"Rae, can I come in?" Brad's voice called from the door. I rolled my eyes but invited Brad in anyways. He came and sat next to me on my bed.

"I'd like to thank you for keeping this a secret," Brad explained. "I know it must be hard. That you're mom is marrying the other man. But these past two years with your mom have been perfect and-"

"Wait, what do you mean?" I interrupted. "Two years ago my mom was married to my dad and-"

"Brad, I need a moment with my daughter." We both looked up and my mom stood in the doorway, her eyes full of tears. Brad jumped up quickly and left the room and my mom came in and sat next to me Tears were running down her face and started in mine too. My heart felt like it was going to beat out of my chest.

"Mom, what the hell is he talking about?" I asked, my voice shaky. She took a few deep breaths and placed her hands on her face and her large diamond glinted at me. It felt like an eternity that she was silent, building up the courage to tell me. But after all the anticipation, I wish she would have kept it. Because after this, there was no going back. The foundation of everything from the past year would be shattered, my move to Snow Beach, my fight with my dad, everything. I had it all wrong.

"Rae, your dad didn't have the affair. I did."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.4K 2.3K 41
Nini Roberts meets the new lifeguard in town, Ricky Bowen.
108K 4.7K 27
❝Fine, everyone, your crush on three. 1, 2, 3.❞ ❝Kit.❞ ❝Kit.❞ ❝Kit.❞ ❝Waylon.❞ ❝Leonardo Di-fucking-Caprio.❞ Eight weeks. A casual summer job. And a...
1M 31.9K 48
What would you do if you had a month to live? With overbearing parents and inattentive friends, Raegan decides to pack up and leave town for her last...
824 50 17
Sabrina was a 16 year old girl who just finished grade 10. After a week of sitting at home her friends invited her to join them at the beach for the...