The Second Choice

By Lexi_dreams

Just a girl that didn't get the happy ending More

The Meet and Greet
The Fam
The Pre

The Plan

26 0 0
By Lexi_dreams

TWO

While Rick and I were talking someone grabbed me by my wrist; I felt their fingers inching around my wrist and pushed me off my feet. "Ow" I screamed still not knowing who grabbed me.

I didn't see their reaction. I was turned around facing a blue chest which I had to look up to see who it was because I am so dam short.

He had a smile on his face almost like the one Rick had on. It was Bob. He’s rugged dirty brown hair wasn't miscible from far. "What are you doing Bob?" I snapped at him because I was mad from him grabbing me.

He grin at me. Ag what did he want. "Lex, can we go for a walk, I want to ask you something." He asked grabbing my arm again and moving towards the back of the church. I looked over at Rick before my gaze was drawn away, he looked sad.

"Ok, ok no need to grab my arm again." I said hopping he'd listen. He smiled with sorrow and apologized.

 At the back of the church was the playground for the little kids they were kicking soccer balls running around on the grass. There was laugher in the voices and some were chasing each other around.

We sat under a tree, larger enough for two people to lend against to talk and watch the kids play. It was freezing cold with light rain and I forgot my jacket with Rick. Silly me.

I didn't think I was showing that I was cold but clearly I was wrong as Bob smile and wrapped his jacket around me. It traces down my spine sending shivers, the warm feeling I got after putting it on was good. He smiles a lot for a guy.

It got warmer and I wasn't cold anymore. I thanked him and smiled. He tickled me before I could go into deep thoughts, poking me kind of really hard. “Stop it!” I jumped, begged him to stop. He stopped when I said I couldn't breathe and we laughed.

I looked up at him in the eyes and said "so what's up?” He’s smile dropped and he turned serious. "I’ve been thinking and well I want to ask you something" whoa he’s serious. I'm frightened, just a little. Not really. "Okay, I'm listening", I said with a raised eyebrow.

"Well you’re a good friend to me and your opinion matters and I think you could help me."

"Sure how can I help Bob?"

"Lexi, I-I well I have a crush on Kate and I wanted you to help me see if she feels the same way for me? And if she does, help me with a date? You could even come with and bring your own date? Like a double date?” He smile and there was hope in his eyes.

 Aww that’s so cute I think that awesome, but one thing remains it’s a double date? Bob; Kate; myself and who? I couldn't think of anyone and I’m not sure if I really wanted to go on a date, maybe I should think of it as a friend’s hangout with a couple so one person was not a third wheel, who knows, then the thought of Rick flashed in my head.

Oh okay great I got a friend, I don’t think I should tell him it’s a double date though. I’ll see. This is going to be fun. Bob snapped his fingers in of my face and I snapped out of my thoughts. "And?" He asked

"Oh my word! Bob that is the cutest thing ever, I think you should go for it. It'd be great. With the double date part I think we should do something big. Maybe a blind date for Kate and we meet up somewhere. Oh this is going to be great Bob!” I said with a big smile. "Oh, I'm so glad you’re on bored Lexi. Thank you so much it means a lot to me."

He answer with a smile and hugged me. We started talking about what to do and where to go. He got truly happy the more we spoke about the plan.

We went back to the to the others inside the main hall. They were smart not standing in the rain. Bob told me to go inside and talk to Kate and Rick. I gave Bob his jacket back before we got back inside. I got to Rick and Kate and ask him for my jacket.

“Kate, I have something to tell you.” I said softly hoping she was the only one who heard me. She my best friend I always hope the best for her no matter what happens.

I looked over to Bob who walked over to his 'home boy' Dev. Dev and Bob are inseparable outside of school. They use to be in the same school but, since Dev moved to my school they couldn't do much together. I'm glad they kept connect with each other. They got up to no good most of the time. That’s what made them good friends not only to each other but other people too.

“Really Lexi, you have something to tell me?” she said with a smile at first I thought she was being serious but then she smiled and I knew she was being sarcastic. So I played along.

“Yes Kate, something so serious your socks will be blown off right under your shoes.” I smile and she started laughing

“We’ll chat later Lex, okay?” she said and walked away over to Bob.

Matt came over and wanted to talk. I hope it nothing serious or weird, he one of those people that when he has a crush on you, he goes overboard. Did I mention that he had a crush on me! It is really creepy, he talks as one person to you over the phone then when he talks to you in person he’s a totally different person, he’s rude and arrogant. So I wasn’t looked forward to this conversion at all.

“Hey Lexi, how are you?” he asked with a smile and squeezing me in a hug.

“Hey Matt, I’m good thanks and yourself?” I had a smirk on my face. “I’m good thanks, Have you seen the ‘Iron Man’ movies yet?” he asked with a cocky voice. “All of them?” I asked with a raised eyebrow. “Yeah.”

“Oh yeah I have seen them all. Why you ask?” “I was curious I didn’t think you would of seen any of them.” He asked with a sigh of relief. “oh, no yeah I have, why would you think that?” with a little sadness in my I asked with a smirk “No I did, it’s just you didn’t seem the type who would enjoy those types of movies.”  Now I started getting angry.

‘Didn’t seem the type who would enjoy those types of movies?’ it rang throw my head those words. Of course I liked those movies ‘Marvel’s movies, I didn’t just like them I love them they are the best. I could watch them billion times and never get bored ever!

“They are the best! And I’m done talking Matt enjoy your evening.” I walked away from Matt the nerve he had to tell me what ‘type’ of person I am.

As I walked over to Rick and some other people Megan Stopped me and of course she wanted to speck about the latest news but I didn’t have time for that. “hey Lexi, have you heard who hooked up behind the gym?” “Nope and don’t care.”

When Youth was over and I’d greeted everyone. Kate came to me and told me I was coming home with her and she'd spoken to my mom who was alright with it.

 Awesome sleep over at Kate.

Rick sneaked up and hugged me from be hide. I jumped at the moment "Rick", I shouted. Rick led his head next to mine and pecked me on the cheek. I smiled and blushed. He smiled and hugged me tighter.

Maybe this date thing will be fun, Rick does seem to be into me, or maybe he’s just being nice, too nice.

I went to greet Bob and Dev, and told Bob the plan was on for Saturday. He was excited and told me he'd text for any more details.

Nadine, Kate' mom hadn't arrived yet and she'd informed me that we had 20 minutes to kill.

Great I'd thought now be the perfect time to ask Rick about the ‘date’ and I went to search for him.

I found him standing by the door leaning on the wall waiting for his lift. He looked like he was day dreaming he was staring at the stars in the sky.

"Hey Rick", I said leaning on the wall next to him. "Lexi." He jumped and answered with a smile.

"You enjoy tonight?", “yea I did thanks and did you?” he replied giggling.

"Yes thanks, uhm you mind if I ask you something Rick?” I asked nervously. "Sure go ahead Lex",

Ok here goes nothing, deep breath in and "Ok so Bob's planned this date with Kate and it’s a blind double date. As in Kate doesn’t know who she’s going with. The double date part so that I have to go with and Bob said I should bring someone with so I don't feel like a third wheel. So I was wondering if you wanted to go with me.”

I asked with a little relief and took a big breath I think I said that really quickly.

I looked over to Rick to see him smiling.

"Of Course, I would love to go with you Lex. It will be great fun."

Awesome this is going be fun. I smiled big and started giggling.

Continue Reading