Best Friend's Father

By sparklehaze

Ashton Irwin never expected to fall in love with his son's best friend Luke Hemmings, but that's the funny th... More

Redder than Sebastian from the Little Mermaid.
You only want me for my money
I think you'd be great with a sponge
Girl problems
I like the pain
Cloud Nine
shame game
Drama queen
In dreamland
Like some lovesick teenager
Bone crushing
Something anything
Creep
Butterflies
Rainbow
Forever and always
Fancy
Hopeful eyes
Nicknames
Disgust
Happy
Celebrate
Say
Madly in love
Promise
Forgive
Cry
We never stopped
A/N
His two boys
shame game part 2
Cloud of happiness
Like teenagers
Home
Judge
Play
Figure it out
Gem
Dream
HELP
Epilouge

Settle

4.6K 219 57
By sparklehaze

Ashton sat in the living room watching some food show that was teaching him how to make enchiladas.

He was so intrigued, mentally checking off the ingredients he had to make it in his kitchen.

Calum was next to him on the far end of the couch, snuggling a pillow wishing it was his boyfriend.

It's been a whole three days and tense isn't even the word to describe what was happening in the Iriwn household.

Charlie hasn't spoken to both Calum and Ashton causing the two youngest kids to worry (but they didn't tell their parents) and Jennifer didn't really pay attention but she was on to something.

The show took a break and after watching a commercial, Ashton decides to talk to his son.

"So Calum, how's things with Luke?" Ashton started off with a mutual topic.

"Fine I guess. We've been closer than ever before since this mess happened," Calum said not referring to his boyfriend as the mess but the whole running away situation.

"That's good. Luke's a good boy, don't let your mom discourage you from talking to him. I know he means a lot to you," Ashton says softly thinking of his precious gem and his pretty smile.

"He does. I still can't believe mom thinks that I'm dating him," Calum snorted at the absolutely absurd idea.

"Yeah it's crazy," Ashton agreed cackling at the thought.

"I don't know why she persists on that idea. And Mrs. Hemmings, I don't know why she'd think it was me but I guess it makes sense. Luke's been a lot happier lately," Calum confessed.

"Oh really?" Ashton asked intrigued now.

"Yeah he smiles a lot more now and just seems so happy like he's on cloud 9. I don't really know how to describe it but it reminds me of when I got my boyfriend," Calum says thinking back to the fond memory.

"He does? I'm happy for him," Ashton says smiling too because his baby boy had the same effect on him too.

"Plus he shows up with a ton of hickies. I see them when he's changing for gym," Calum snorted at the idea of his Luke having sex with someone because he's just so awkward.

"Do people make fun of him?" Ashton asked worried that he did damage than good. He just liked marking his gem, making him his.

"No Luke's a smart boy. He's always the last one to change when everyone's already gone to the field and it's just me and him," Calum said

"That's good. But tell me about you Calum. And how's things with your boyfriend."

"Fine. I really love him dad," Calum said quietly glad that at least one person in his family accepted him.

=•=

The Irwin family just came back from church. It was horrendous, not the praying part, the staying in the hot building for half day wasn't the best part.

Neither was waking up at six in the morning on a Sunday.

It's been this ritual for two weeks now, this being the second Sunday they've attended service. Calum still didn't have the 'gay taken out of him' and Ashton was pretty convinced that if given the way the family is, Calum might run away again.

Ashton entered the room and slammed his coat down on the table.

"Is that a form of protest?" Charlie asked annoyed.

"Yes, it is because my life is ridiculous now," Ashton hissed

"Your life has always been ridiculous," Charlie said

"Offensive Charlie, can't you be nice?"

"I could ask you the same," she retorted.

"No I mean it Charlotte, this isn't working," Ashton said using her full name.

She was taken aback because she never heard Ashton call her by her real name in a long time.

"It's only been two weeks. Give it some time," she sighed

"I can't. I value sleep," Ashton protested

"And I value family. Isn't that what you value too?" she said

"Charlie don't," Ashton sighed

"No, we're mature adults. We can talk this out. Tell me isn't your family important to you?" She asked throwing family in his face because ever since Ashton could remember, he's been a family man.

Ashton closed his eyes in frustration. Of course he loves his family, it's his life.

Every morning wouldn't be the same without waking up at six am and helping his kids with breakfast before leaving for a hard day at work and come home to the beautiful smiles of the ones he loved.

Sure his kids wouldn't always be smiling after a boring long day at school or they'd be frustrated because they didn't kick high enough in football practice or hit that high note in singing lessons.

But he loved them regardless. They were his family, the people he counted on don't matter what.

"Of course I do Charlie. My family is important to me, those kids, they mean a lot to me," Ashton said

"Do I mean a lot to you?" She asked in a small voice.

Ashton took a few seconds before answering the question. Charlie already knew the answer, her supposed lover's eyes told her everything she needed to know.

"Ohmygosh," she breathed out not letting Ashton reply to her. She clutched the nearest object to steady herself- the counter.

"Charlie," he said softly trying to reach for her but she pushed his hands away and started to let a few tears slip.

"Don't talk to me Ash," she cried

"I'm really sorry Charlie. I didn't mean for it to end up like this," he said pulling her into his arms letting her sob into his shirt.

"You promised in your vows. We were meant to be together forever," she whispered between tears because Ashton was the first guy she ever liked. He was the genuine one. The one that stayed when she said she had kids. The one that stayed even when he found out she was older. The one she loves.

Calum wasn't meant to be born just yet. She was only fifteen, almost sixteen when she gave birth to him. She was the only one at the hospital, holding her little baby boy in her arms while he slept.

She wasn't even raped, the condom just broke and the guy didn't take responsibility for Calum. Wasn't even there when she went into labour.

She remembers when she first meet Ashton. Him being a cheeky teenager at a college party trying to fit him. And she falling slowly for him.

She remembers when he meet Calum. He was a little nine year old and they immediately hit off talking about television and she realized that Ashton was a big dork but she loved him.

That's why she stuck with him through it all, and they made the beautiful Jennifer, Ethan and Eliza.

"I know. I feel really guilty trust me. But I can't hurt us both anymore," Ashton said patting her back.

"I get it. Is this a divorce?" She asked reluctantly.

"I don't want you to be out of my life completely, you're the mother of my children and one of my best friends. I think we need some time apart," Ashton spoke.

He knew that he did not want to daft with her any longer in terms of romance, but she needed time. Like the true sweetheart he is, he said that for the sake of Charlie. He wanted her to know she would be okay without him.

"So what now?"

"I'll get an apartment in the city. I'd still be in your life just not the way you wanted it," he said

"Guess I'd have to settle for that."

Took so long to write this oops.

Vote and comment lots. I love reading them 💖

Lashton is heading strong and the sêx is getting better (kinky).

Sydney Rain.

Byeeeee 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.1K 450 14
Luke Hemmings was in love with Ashton Irwin. But there are a few problems. One, Ashton was 17 and a senior and Luke was 15 and a sophomore. Two, Luke...
2.2K 296 29
"Ashton has spoken to me this week, which is great, and I think he's even been flirting with me. But he's still dating Calum, and Michael and I are j...
3.3K 278 43
Luke never really liked the fact that his best friend Calum spent most of his time following another guy around, especially somebody who was so popul...
1M 47.5K 34
Ashton Irwin is a hot and famous celebrity that all the people love, look up to, or despise. He's cocky, selfish, and always puts himself before othe...