Taken

By Gray18

A horse ranch. That's where I lived at least. I know, not very exciting to those of you who don't care for th... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 (Part one)
Chapter 9 (Part two)
Chapter 10
Chapter 11 (Adam's P.O.V.)
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 (Part 1)
Chapter 22 (Part 2)
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 (Adam's P.O.V.)
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28: (Adam's P.O.V.)
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31: (Adam's P.O.V.)
Chapter 32: (Lia's P.O.V.)
Chapter 33: (Adam's P.O.V.)
Chapter 34: (Adam's P.O.V.)
Chapter 35
Chapter 36: (Adam's P.O.V.)
Chapter 37: (Part 1)
Chapter 37: (Part 2 - Adam's P.O.V.)
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 50: (Part 2 Mature)
Epilogue
New book!
Cover Contest!
Winner!
It's Out!

Chapter 14

12.1K 358 8
By Gray18

"Where are we going?" I asked as Adam dragged me to who knows where in the woods.

"Just wait! You'll see!" he exclaimed, "you'll love it, I promise." He continued pulling me along with him and I just gave a defeated sigh, letting him.

I wondered what was in store though, what was it that I would love so much? Where was he taking me? "Are we there yet?" I asked like a little kid.

Adam just chuckled at my voice, "no, but almost. Just a couple more minutes."

I sighed once again and let him pull me deeper into the woods. It wasn't long before I saw a form forming up ahead.

"Is that a tree house?" I asked before grinning large. It was so big! It took up two trees. There was two different building with a bridge connecting them in the middle to make it one large tree house and on one of the buildings, another building was coming off of it and there was a deck around all of the buildings. The buildings themselves were round. It was so cool. "It's amazing!"

Adam grinned and grabbed my hand again. "I knew you would like it. Come on, let's go up."

I quickly followed after him to the back of the tree house and he pressed a button on what appeared to be his key chain. I was amazed when steps seemed to magically appear out of the tree. They went all they way up and around the tree.

"Now, we can either use these steps," Adam told me, "or we can use this rope and climb up there with some of these holes for our feet. What would you like to do?"

"I want the steps," I said without hesitation. I didn't want to do more work than I had to. Plus, I didn't know for sure how good I would be on the rope. I felt like I would fall.

"Alright then," Adam said, "looks like we're using the steps. Ladies first." He gestured for me to go first and I did. Grabbing onto the railing that came out of the tree also, it looked so blended in with the tree when everything was inside it you couldn't even tell the difference if it was there or not, I started going up the steps.

I was really eager to see what it was like in the tree house. If they steps were any indication, the inside would be amazing, if not more.

I looked back to see if Adam was following or not. He appeared to sprinkle something like gold dust at the trunk of the tree before following me up. I shrugged, not really thinking it was that important. It was probably something that helped the tree because there was these steps that came out of them, maybe it helped it stay alive. I turned back around and continued making my way up the steps.

Once I made it to the top, I opened the gate and stepped up onto the deck. I turned around waited for Adam. I called down to him though he wasn't so far behind me, "hurry up slowpoke!" I laughed.

"Oh really? You think I'm slow?" I looked at him in confusion, my laughing having stopped for the moment, when he lunged at me with a smirk on his face. I squealed and jumped back and away from him. He just barely missed me. Laughing again, I ran around the deck to get away from him.

"I'm going to get you!" He called after me. Almost as soon after he said that, I felt his arms wrap about me and pull me to him. "Got you," he whispered.

"No!" I yelled and struggled to get out of his arms but it was a useless attempt. He wouldn't budge from letting me go. I soon gave up and rested against him.

"Now do you give up?" he chuckled.

"I guess, for now. But don't think I will the next time you try something like this."

"I'll keep that in mind," Adam chuckled once again, "now how about we go inside the tree house so you can see it?"

I nodded eagerly. "Yes."

Adam laughed and pulled me around to the door. The first tree house we were at was the one that was just one building. The part with two buildings or two rooms, whatever you want to call it, was across the bridge on another tree.

When he opened the door I just grinned. It was so cute. It looked like a place for little kids to play in. There was also a couch for children to rest on. When I gave him a look, he gave me a sheepish smile and admitted, "this is where I used to play when I was little. I would come here and escape sometimes or just come here to play when I was bored. I'm hoping to pass this place on to my children someday."

My smile dimmed a little when he mentioned children. For some reason I was thinking that he might not want them with me but with someone else. I shook the thought out of my head, that was still some time away. Instead, I kept the smile on my face and commented, "it's cute. I'm sure they'll love it."

He only nodded, "great. Now, how about we go to the other part and check that out. Sound good?"

I nodded and he led me out of the tree house and across the bridge to the other one. The bridge was pretty standard. Strong enough to carry things across if you had to but gave enough room to bend slightly. It wouldn't be broken in a storm, that's for sure.

"This one's a bit better, much more modernized we'll say. It's even livable here." With that, he opened the door and the first big room opened up into a living room and kitchen area. Off to the side there was table big enough for four people.

The living room area had a big screen tv and many electronic systems, I barely knew any of them. There was also a gas fireplace underneath it but it looked like it's not used. It's just there for looks. There was a big leather looking couch in front of the tv also. It looked great.

The kitchen just looked very modernized with black appliances and granite counter top. The tree must be very strong to hold everything. But there was probably some other supports because this was pretty huge.

"It's amazing! I didn't know you could make something like this."

"We just made it work. There's another room to see. Go over there." He pointed to a door and I did as he said. Opening it, I stepped into a bedroom. There were three other doors here, one led to the outside, according to the glass door, one to bathroom and another to a closet.

The walls were tan and the decorations very outdoors like. The bed itself was black with brown blankets and pillows. A couple of the pillows were white, the decorative ones.

"Do you come out here a lot? You must if you have all of this. You shouldn't let this go to waste."

"I sometimes do. I don't let anybody else come out here though. Only a few people know about this place. I just don't want anybody taking it over or making it like it was theirs."

"That's understandable. This is all so amazing, but why did you bring me out here?"

Adam shrugged, "I just wanted to. This could be our place if you wanted it to be."

My breath caught when he said 'our place'. I was just confused by what he meant by it, it could go in to different ways. But I just went with it. "Really?" I was hopeful and just hoped my hope wouldn't be dashed.

"Yes really. I was hoping you would like it. We can meet here whenever you want. This will be our own secret little spot."

I grinned largely and hugged him. "Thank you!"

Adam laughed and kissed my head. "You're welcome, now come on. I have one more place to show you."

I looked at him in confusion. There was another place? I shrugged, if there was, I would be just as happy to see it.

Adam led me out of the room using the glass door and went to the back of the tree house on the deck. There was a rope ladder that led up the tree. I just looked up. It was a long way up. I looked back at him and he gestured for me to go on up ahead. Taking a deep breath, I turned around and took hold of the rope and started climbing up the tree very carefully.

Once I got a bit up, I felt Adam grab onto the rope and started climbing up after me.

It seemed to take forever to make it to the top, using branches along the way for help, but in reality, it only took about two to three minutes.

There was just a plain platform when I made it to the top and climbed on it. I looked down at Adam who was right behind me.

He climbed on up right after and once he was settled, I asked him, "so what are we doing up here?"

"Just look up," Adam told me. I did and saw the view. It was so pretty, and we were on top of a hill. I was a bit confused when I saw something and squinted to see better though I didn't really need to. It looked really familiar.

"Adam, is my house over there?" I pointed in the direction to what looked like a familiar hill. It was so far away though I wasn't sure if I was right. We were up so high that I could see that it was really far away, barely any hills higher than we are now. It was probably about a mile to two away.

Adam shook his head, "no, it's not. But your house is in that direction. It's actually pretty close, only six miles from here, almost seven from the house."

"And I never knew you lived out here? Wow, I've been living there all my life and never noticed you guys living so close."

"Yes, well, it's not the easiest to get to where we live. We usually head in the other direction away from your house to use our driveway which is really long for how far up on a hill we are. Not exactly mountains but close. Still hills. It's about a two mile drive down to the road."

I nodded but he continued, "but that's not why I brought you up here. I wanted you to see the view and this is a great spot to lie down and just watch the stars at night. I thought you might like that."

"I do," I agreed grinning. "It's beautiful." I took a look at all the rest of the surroundings, marveling at the beauty of it.

"Do you want to climb back down now and get something to eat?"

At the mention of food, my stomach rumbled and I quickly nodded in agreement. "Yes, I would love food right now. I'm famished."

Adam laughed and nodded, "okay, let's go." He then started climbing back down and I quickly followed after him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah! Sorry it took so long to update but I wrote a long chapter, a much longer one than usual, sadly not three pages yet, not quite. Almost 2000 words! Well anyways, I hope you like it! I put a lot of time into this one.

Comment

Vote

Share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.2K 2.2K 44
All Nyla wanted was a mate of her own, now she got one, but only to find out it was not how she envisioned him. After just meeting, Derek, her mate a...
178K 5.7K 41
I was screaming even louder thinking I was going to die. But then I landed in somebody's arms. I reacted quickly and punched the guy in the face. He...
11.9K 215 25
3 Years Later I can't believe it. Im gone from that horrible place. But where will i go? The closest territory? The Human World? Do i even have a hom...
63.8K 1.5K 44
My dream continued the one I'd been having for the past couple of nights. I ran, gasping for breath, through the familiar woods from a dark figure be...