Fire Will Survive -ILYBD AU-

By Kinaru_Sad_Ninja

Starting just before Sasuke leaves the village, then continuing on to how Yuna avoids the elders' plan to imp... More

Take Care
Sorry About This
Meeting Strange People... and Fish
Tagged (Not a Chapter)

Foolish Mortal

538 15 2
By Kinaru_Sad_Ninja

Kinaru: Hey everyone! For those of you who have not read my ILYBD trilogy, this is a rewrite of what would have happened if I hadn't killed Itachi or Yuna, starting just after the chunin exams.

You don't need to read the other books before reading this, since this version has a different start. Which will be explained as the story goes. At first it was just a random idea, but I've found I really like this new universe. I hope you do too.

Enjoy.

Chapter 1

She stared at him for a long moment. Not sure whether she should tell him it was foolish, or to support his choice. In all honesty, she thought it was a waste of time, sure the snake had power to spare, but was it really worth it? Putting everything on hold for some training? She wanted to leave the village as well, but not now, not like this.

"Will you go to Orochimaru, Nine-tails?"

Her eyebrows arched in surprise as she stared at her teammate. Why would he want her to come with him? Hadn't she made it clear that she wanted nothing to do with the sannin? When she grabbed him by his skinny neck and threw him away from her? Had the small Uchiha forgotten that already?

She shook her head, a look of disgust coming to her face. "You can follow that creepy reptile back under his rock. This Kyuubi would rather join Naru and the toad."

He smirked that infamous smirk, taking a step toward her. The kitsune didn't step away like he'd expect her to. She stood her ground, looking quite dangerous in the moonlight, with her eyes glowing the way they were. Burning hell fires as he liked to think of them.

"Never figured you as the type to hang out with frogs and dopes."

She scoffed, her demonic pupils thinning to small slits. One of the many things warning the raven to keep his distance. "Baka, Sasuke knows better than anyone that kyuubi prefers to work alone." She hissed, her tails curling at the impending doom she was to rain upon him.

Sasuke looked away from her for a moment, nodding his head in agreement. Boy did he know it, it hadn't taken Kakashi long to realize the demoness only showed up for missions worth her time. He could only remember her coming to one or two that involved pet retrieval or aiding village elders.

"You should go, it won't be long before morning comes." Her crimson gaze flickered to the horizon, though still dark, she could sense it was only an hour or so till sunrise. He would need the cover of darkness to get away unnoticed.

He hesitated to leave, she could see it in his stance. The way his muscles tensed, preparing to jump from the windowsill, yet froze as he continued to contemplate something. He'd been trying to say it since she'd opened her window to let him in, yet couldn't decide how. She already had a very good idea as to what it was.

They both knew the village wouldn't be safe for her much longer. Even if she was on Tsunade's good side. She'd drawn too much attention during the invasion, it was only a matter of time before the village elders convinced the new Hokage she was too dangerous to be left alone.

Her ears perked as the young avenger finally turned back to her. Had he finally found the words?

"Come with me, Yuna. You wouldn't have to train or do anything he says, just stay, with me. I can protect you from Konoha." She smirked a little, it almost sounded like he believed that.

Yuna let out a soft sigh, raising her head to look at him. "Foolish boy can't even protect himself. This kyuubi has no intentions of joining him with the sannin. She will protect herself as need be." She replied, jerking her head to the side. Silently telling him she would hear no more of his plans.

She could feel the anger rise in his obsidian orbs, knowing she'd offended him. Her tone always pissed him off, whether she meant it to or not. This time was no different. The tailed beast expected him to leave then, he must know she would not be moved by his words.

"Kyuubi is foolish too. She doesn't realize the danger she's in." He growled. She almost churred with amusement at his poor attempt to sound animalistic. No matter how many times he had heard her growls of annoyance, he could never get the rumbling in his chest. "Try not to get yourself killed till I come back."

"You insult this beast, Sasuke. A Kyuubi does not die as weak mortals do." A growl rose in her own throat, coming out far more threatening than the Uchiha's. Anger sparked like flames in her own eyes as she turned away from the window he perched in. "You've said all you've come to say. Kyuubi must demand you now leave her domain."

She listened as he let out a huff of air, restraining himself from saying something he might later regret. He was usually never this careful when speaking with her, making the demoness wonder for a moment if there was something else he had not told her.

"I'll come back for you, Nine-tails."

The beast wanted to tell him she wished he wouldn't, yet found the words sticking in her throat. By the time he returned she would either be already gone or under the elder's control. She grimaced at the thought of the latter, she'd sooner die. If that were possible.

"This kyuubi will not wait. It would be wise if the little Uchiha did not seek her out." She finally hissed, not turning to see how he would react. She could sense his anger without the use of her eyes.

"You can't ask me not to."

"Kyuubi doesn't ask, she commands."

She heard him snort, any aggression fading with amusement. She too let a smirk spill on her lips. That was a little much, even for her. A soft purr threatened to rise in her throat, but she forced it down. He was supposed to be leaving and she was supposed to be pissed.

Yet she found herself more disappointed than anything. Sasuke was going off to train under some old man who was more interested in his bloodline than the boy's revenge. She thought he was smarter than that. Orochimaru would only use him and once he got what he wanted Uchiha Sasuke would be no more.

"Just try not to do anything stupid. Many mortal hearts will mourn the loss of the last Uchiha, should he fall." She said, before he could laugh anymore at her previous statement.

Yuna felt her fur bristle, as the foot steps alerted her of his growing proximity. He'd slipped from the windowsill, crossing the living area of her small home. She was reminded again, that he should leave before it was too late. She would not be able to aid in his escape, she'd promised not to get in the way of his present affairs, just as he hers.

His breath was cool against the back of her neck, yet she dared not move. Indifference was the safest course of action. She knew what his response would be before she'd even finished speaking. Though indirect, it was an inquiry she had been waiting for him to speak some time, so she could finally clear the air.

"Only mortal hearts?" They say little boys who play with fire get their fingers burned, but what happens to the fire? Does it live or get snuffed out?

Amusement rumbled in her chest without her consent, her eyes rolling at his foolishness. "This kyuubi would sooner jump off the Hokage's faces, than mourn the life of the little Uchiha." She cooed, turning to finally meet the onyx eyes of her teammate.

It was a joke, she jumped from the monuments everyday, not that the raven knew that. As far as he knew she would never do something so dimwitted. Yet she did, sometimes more than twice a day, and the boy would never know. Just as he would never know that she would mourn his death, not the way most other girls would, but she would still have her own grief. Sorrow that she was not the one to slay him, nor she be the one to hear his last breath.

The demoness was surprised by the emotion that clouded his eyes. She'd expected him to be annoyed, and have some snarky retort, like with their usual banter. This was nothing like that, he looked pained, as though she'd stomped on his foot. Or perhaps stabbed him with a kunai.

Either way, he looked to be suffering. Such a poor mortal boy, she wasn't as blind as the others thought she was. She'd known since the beginning why Sasuke had chased her all through their academy days and early days of team seven. Only Naruto was so dense as to only see it as a simple rivalry. To only see it as two forces constantly competing against one another.

She'd seen the chemistry the moment it formed. The joy it brought to his eyes when she returned his snide comments, to know that she wasn't ignoring him, that she was willing to give him the time to exchange sweetly cruel words. Not that she had ever been kind when degrading him and his ego.

If she ever heard someone put her name with such words she'd surely kill them. He knew this of course, that's why he had been smart enough to never pair her with 'gentle,' or 'cute,' or anything of such natures. He didn't have a total death wish.

Sasuke's hand reached out, taking a lock of her hair between his fingers. If she were any other girl she may have blushed, but that was one thing Kyuubi Yuna never did. She would have pushed him away, her instincts screamed for her to move, but she couldn't. This was her rival and closest friend, though he'd deny it, he would never hurt her, even if he wanted to.

"Yuna, I-"

"You should go. Dawn will be upon the village soon enough." She decided she wasn't ready to face it just yet. Perhaps by the time they met again the issue will have resolved itself. It was running away, but this was something even she was not ready for. She hoped dearly he would move on with time, she did not want to run into him and face this again.

His grip on her hair tightened, the agony in his eyes replaced by something more feral. Being the tailed beast she was, she did not flinch, she didn't even growl a warning. She just stood there, defiantly, not allowing him the pleasure of scaring her with his silent actions.

He knew she hated the physical contact, that's why he did it, hoping to get a rise out of her, but she would not succumb so easily. Her eyes glowed a dangerously bright scarlet, to match to wild emotions in his, as she raised her own hand to touch the one he held her crimson locks with. His hand was cold, as it always was to her hot one, she swore she saw a slight flinch in his stance with her sudden contact.

It made her smirk despite herself. He still feared her just a little bit, though he'd never admit it. Her grip on his hand forced him to release her hair as she glanced past his head to the sliver of light on the horizon. Damn boy, his emotions would be his undoing.

"Go now, Uchiha Sasuke. Time is short and the sun is rising." She hissed, forcing him back a little. Trying to get him to leave before it was too late.

He scowled, looking over his shoulder to see she was correct. "We will meet again, nine-tails." He promised, glancing back at her.

Her brow furrowed as she moved further from him. Why couldn't he just say the normal farewell. He should know she didn't want anything to do with him after this. Unlike him she was still very loyal to the village, even if they would soon turn on her.

"Only if they send this kyuubi to eliminate the boy." She snarked, looking to the side. She still caught the smirk that formed on his lips, before he turned to the window.

Yuna watched as he climbed back up onto the windowsill, waiting for him to jump out into the early morning. He was lucky she had already been awake when he came, otherwise she would have pounded him for waking her.

Her ears perked a little when she noticed his hesitation, hadn't she made it clear that she was done talking to him? Seriously, if he didn't leave now all hell would break loose before he even reached the gates. Didn't he realize that?

The demoness watched as his mouth opened then closed, a soft sigh escaping it. Was he giving up? Her tails curled with anticipation as she waited. He was fighting himself, unable to decide what he should do or say.

"Good bye Uchiha." She said it in hopes he would leave, turning her back to him as she went to prepare her morning tea. A foolish act, she knew better than to turn her back on him, yet she did it anyway. If he had been someone else, she would have been giving him the chance to attack her, but this was Sasuke.

Though they had spent most of their childhood fighting, now they were on mutual ground, no longer rivals or teammates. He planned to leave Konoha to become stronger, and she planned to go into hiding. They no longer had any reason to fight.

"Bye, Yuna."

It was so quiet, she almost missed it, even with her enhanced hearing. When she glanced over her shoulder, the raven was gone and the curtain was flowing from the gentle morning breeze. She smirked, looking back at her kettle.

"Foolish mortal."

---o----o---

So ends the first chapter of this alternate universe! What do you readers think so far? Do you like this better? I promise to tell you more of their days on team seven as the story progresses. DO you like this new Yuna?

Disclaimer:

I do not own Naruto, no matter how many times I wish upon a star. Only Yuna.

Fun Fact #1

Originally Yuna was supposed to have nine tails from the very beginning, but I miss typed and said two instead of nine the first time I referred to her number of tails, and my sister came up with the great idea of having her start out with only two so it wouldn't be as clear to everyone that she was a part of Kurama.

Fun Fact #2

Yuna was also supposed to refer to herself, as well as everyone else(for the most part), in third person, but I forgot when I actually had her talk so it wasn't till later that I made her start doing that.

I'll be doing a lot of those at the end of chapters, cause this story is following more of the original story, that was only on wattpad a little over a month before I rewrote it. I'll tell you more about that as the story goes as well.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed! Please vote/follow/review!

-

-

-

SAD NINJA OUT!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 927 24
┗━•❃°•°❀𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐃𝐀❀°•°❃•━┛ "𝗧𝗼 𝗵𝗶𝗺, 𝘀𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗲𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗼𝗳 𝗯𝗲𝗮𝘂𝘁𝘆, 𝗮 𝗽𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗲𝘅𝗮𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗲𝘃𝗲...
10.7K 287 24
"So, you fell in love again, huh?" * * * "I'll love you, even after we're done counting the stars." * * * Uzumaki Y/n, a Kunoichi from the Village Hi...
226K 10.5K 47
When the village gets destroyed by Pain, Sakura must travel to the past in order to fix everything/ Time Travel Au. Yeah...I have read too many time...
219K 8.8K 37
(This story is based with the fact that the anime does not exist, therefore [Y/N] has no idea of the Akatsuki). What will the Akatsuki do when Tobi...