Clexa AU °Safe Haven° [#Watty...

By autumn_elle

~My name's Lexa, as all of you probably know now. I'm eighteen but still don't have driving license. I honest... More

Chapter 1: And that's how it all begins
Chapter 3: Rejection
Chapter 4: What's right and what's wrong
Chapter 5: The difference
Chapter 6: Deeper into the Woods
Chapter 7: A spark of joy
Chapter 8: Who am I to you? Pt.1
Chapter 9: Who am I to you? Pt.2
Chapter 10: Running into the fire
Chapter 11: I'm not a perfect person
Chapter 12: Fly away from here
Chapter 13: Pushing her fears further along
Chapter 14: It's getting rather cold
Chapter 15: What was that?
Chapter 16: No Angel
Chapter 17: Make my messes matter
Chapter 18: Mixed
Chapter 19: It woke me up
Chapter 20: Night Trouble
Chapter 21: Come here girl
Chapter 22: Exhausting Night
Chapter 23: What if?
Chapter 24: Memories and Surprises
Note: I'm still alive!
Chapter 25: Letter

Chapter 2: Emotion spree

14.6K 565 334
By autumn_elle

Lexa's POV

The doctor - Abby - looks at me again, ensuring that I'm accepting her offer. What? She's going to take me to her house?
Shock overwhelms me a little, the woman is full of surprises. I wake up and nod quickly - of course I wanna go away from this sick-house. Abby's lips form into wide smile, her glasses still on the point of her nose. "Amazing," she says, raising her hands, pointing at me with one of them. "Just wait here for another while, I have to do one more thing and then we can go."

I don't have to say anything, she's already gone and I'm alone in the room again. I didn't even notice the other doctor leaving; that must've been the shock.

I don't quite know what to do with myself now that I heard those amazing news. Wait, Lexa, you feel something? Are you ill? I ask myself. Usually when I'm alone, I don't even sense the time. It became irrelevant.

But now, I can feel something. It may be a little sparkle of hope, just that, and I'm feeling unsure. Scared. I don't want my feelings back, everything hurts too bad. I look at my hands, my palms sweating with nervousness. They're also shaking, but that became pretty usual recently. I close my eyes and lean my head to the old white wall, almost feeling all the ill people that were in this room before me, imagining bacteria slowly settling in my lungs. I breathe in deeply. Maybe they can kill me.

"Here you go," Abby suddenly rushes into the room, "these are some clothes I'll lend you. Yours are ready to be put in a trash can." She smiles, handing me the little heap of cotton. "No offense."

I already like this woman. She seems generous and kind, yet funny and tough. I wonder what her home looks like. Does she like flowers? Does she cook? And what about children, does she have some?
Abby leaves, me not saying a word again. I should start speaking to her, what if she changes her mind and sends me back here?

I look at the clothes. White T-shirt, dark blue jeans and a sweater. It's not that cold outside, it's May, she must've seen my attire before and assumed that I'm cold every time now. I dig out of the sheets, sitting on the edge of the bed, still looking at those clothes. I put them next to me, pulling the hospital's off, finally getting rid off that constant disinfection smell on my body. I quickly change; the jeans are slightly over-sized but it's comfortable. I get up from the bed and every part of my body is in pain, damaged by the tough fall to the ground, but I can handle it. They say it's a miracle that I'm not seriously injured; I wouldn't have called it a miracle. More bad luck.

I slowly move one leg in front of the other, holding on to the bed with one hand and the chair next to it with the other one. I somehow manage to walk to the door without any support and reach for the handle. I open the door and on my left I see a hallway with reception at the end. Abby is standing by it and signing some papers, quietly arguing with some doctor about me.

"It's my decision, stop commanding me what to do, Marcus." She says, not looking up from the papers.
"It's not a good idea," the man says, "you're in here for the most of the time, who's gonna take care of her?"
"You forgot that I have Clarke," she says eagerly, raising her head and looking him straight in the eyes, furious. "I don't think that her being trapped in here would help anything. She has to live a normal life."

Marcus stares at her with evident disagreement, most likely thinking about what she just said. "But what if Clarke doesn't agree with this? I don't expect her to be happy with having a girl that is almost the same age in her room."
"Excuse me?" Abby's eyes widen, "that's none of your concern, Kane. Goodbye." She says, signing the last document and walking to my room, head down.

I quickly pretend like I didn't hear it, stepping back before she can reach the door.
"Oh, Lexa," Abby says when she sees me standing in the open door. "I see you're ready. Let's go then."
"Wait.." I suddenly say, not knowing where it came from, "do you have any problems because of me? I can-"
"No, don't worry about that. C'mon, follow me." She says and turns away from me, heading back past the reception, walking out of the hospital through the main entrance. I don't even know what I wanted to say, I do wanna go away. I wouldn't change my mind just because someone else has an issue with it. Or would I? Abby seems like really good person, maybe I would do it for her.

We're outside and I breathe in deeply. Comforting fresh air fills my lungs and then I breathe out. Maybe I can do this for a little bit longer. Maybe it's not the right time for death.

Abby is walking to small black car, now looking back if I'm following her. She's pretty ahead of me so I speed up a little to catch her up. She holds the door for me, smiling kindly, gesturing with her hand to get in.

"Sorry for the little mess, I drive my daughter to school everyday and she's a messy person," she groans, "just roll it to the side."
I do what she asked me to and sit inside.

Actually, it's not that messy in here, just a few things, next to my legs and a coat on the seat; I notice that coat smells really great, like coffee, filling the whole inside of the car. I take it and put it in my lap, not willing to give it to anyone. It's a comforting smell, almost like it's giving me some energy, like the coffee itself does.

Abby closes the door and walks to the other side of the car, sitting behind the steering wheel and starting the motor. "So Lexa, I need to know a few things," she says, "first, I have to start with an uncomfortable one. Where exactly did you live before you fell from the roof?"
I appreciate that she used the word "fell" instead of "jumped" at least. "I was alone in my old house," I say, looking in front of me, "they haven't decided what to do with me yet so they left me there because I was already 18 and could live on my own."

"Alright.. Would you mind if I go there and take your things to my place?" Abby says nervously, "of course, you should come with me, but if you don't want to, you can wait in the car or I'll drop you at mine."
I inhale deeply before responding. "It's okay, I'll come with you."

We're driving through the streets I know well, the hospital isn't far from where I live. "I don't remember the exact address, could you please tell me?" Abby asks me, confused look as she tries to remember.
"Go to the Cambie Street and turn left at 19th Avenue. The house is on the right side, it's quite hidden in trees and has brown color with white windows." I say, pointing my finger at the visible street in the distance.

We're here. This house brings out few memories but whatever, I have lived here alone for about a month now so it isn't as bad as in the beginning. "What are you gonna do with the house when I leave?" I ask curiously.

"I don't know yet. My friend could help me, you can leave it to me, honey." Abby smiles and we get out of the car. I don't really care what happens to this small building, let's leave it to its fate.

. . .

We took most of my things to the trunk and the back seat and now we're good to go. We didn't talk much so that was amazing, I didn't waste much energy. We're sitting in the car again, driving to Abby's house.

"So, tell me something about you," she says, "what you like, what you hate.. I wanna know you better."
I hesitate a little; I don't really know her either. But why wouldn't I tell her something about me when she's so kind to me?

"I love coffee. At least I used to," I say after a while, "and I hate hot summer. At least we don't have that here in Vancouver. I don't like vacations by the beach, it's boring. And I love being alone but sometimes I also need someone to talk with." I pause, then continue. "I'm a good listener. I don't fight with people and I'm stubborn. I always expect too much and end up disappointed." I look at her, she really listens to me. I wish I had a mother like that. "What about you?"

Abby laughs a little. "Me? Well, I'm definitely less interesting than you," she says, "I have a daughter. Her name's Clarke and although we've been fighting recently, she's lovely. You'll like her. She's the most interesting thing about me, I'm a boring person as an individual. I'm just a doctor."

I don't know why but I laugh. After that long time, my mouth forms into wide smile and I really make that happy sound. It makes me happy that I still have emotions; I'm terrified at the same time.

It takes about 10 minutes to get to the small light yellow house. Like everywhere, there are trees through the whole street.
"Clarke isn't home yet, she's out with her friends," Abby says, getting out of the car, "so we can bring all the things calmly."
I get up too and start bringing all the bags. We have to go back one more time so we have everything and then Abby locks the car and we stay in.
"Wow, it's beautiful in here," I say to be polite. But for real, it's clean, small interier, precisely for 2 people. The smell of coffee, known from the coat, is extending through the whole place, embracing my whole brain. It smells like a friendly, safe place to stay at.

Abby's phone starts ringing and she takes it from her pocket. "Yeah, Clarke?"

I don't know what to do now so I sit on the staircase, not listening to their conversation. I don't want to be rude.
"Alright. Bye." Abby ends the call and turns to me. "She's here in a few minutes. She doesn't know about you and I have to warn you, it may not be great in the beginning, she's quite picky when it comes to friends and doesn't like when some stranger is in her room. But I think it will be okay someday." Someday. Wow, so I have to live with someone who doesn't like me again. Nice. I hope she's pretty at least.

I hear keys in the door lock and a few seconds later, the door open.

Wow.

---------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry it took me this long, there it is. I really enjoy writing this so far, I hope you enjoy reading it as much! Let me know in the comments and vote if you liked the chapter.
Also, have you seen Wanheda part 1? In my opinion it was a great start to this season, I loved it! Looking forward (freaking out) to Lexa in next week's episode.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 4.8K 29
One more chance to love my family....is all he asks for....
31.2K 946 15
NOTE: Story not mine got it from Archive of our own credits to @EffortlesslyOpulent. I really love this writer that's why I'm sharing this. Clarke is...
22.6K 678 13
Weddings are supposed to be the happiest day of your life, right? Chloe Beale was getting married to who she thought was the love of her life Chi...
119K 3.3K 27
This Fanfic won't follow the story line at all but it starts with Penelope Park joining the Salvatore School and along the way meets her one true lov...