stain ☾ remus lupin

By expectoremus

the stains that blotched their shirts were different; his from spilled coffee and hers from accidental cigare... More

STAIN
INTRO
TRAILER
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTYONE
TWENTYTWO
TWENTYTHREE
TWENTYFOUR
TWENTYFIVE
TWENTYSIX
TWENTYSEVEN
TWENTYEIGHT
TWENTYNINE
THIRTY
THIRTYONE
THIRTYTWO
TRAILER
THIRTYTHREE
THIRTYFOUR
THIRTYFIVE
THIRTYSIX
THIRTYSEVEN
THIRTYEIGHT
EPILOGUE
CHARACTER ASK [CLOSED]
CHARACTER ANSWERS
ALTERNATIVE EPILOGUE
FINAL NOTE

FOURTEEN

74.8K 2.7K 3.6K
By expectoremus

M I S T A K E S (1)
△▽△▽△

Thunder clapped so loudly that it shook the windows of the hallway and masked over the steady sound of their footsteps. Freya shifted her books in her hands as she walked into the library, immediately pacing towards the round table where Remus sat alone awaiting her.

He did not look up as she pulled a chair back and sat next to him as he was completely enticed in his novel. She bent down lowly, chin almost touching the table in an attempt to read the words typed in a curly, gold font when his eyes suddenly parted from the page and connected with her's.

"Interesting?" She questioned, pulling her homework that had been tucked in the front of her textbook towards her and skimming her eyes over the first few sentences for grammatical errors.

"Very," he responded shutting the book and examining the nearest shelf, as if he could read the imprinted titles on the edges of the books from that far away.

Knowing what kissing Remus felt like was something she did not think she would ever care to know. It crept back in her mind time and time again nonetheless. The warmth of his lips, the coffee faintly lingering on his breath, the longing that flashed vividly in his eyes.

Freya leaned slightly sideways over the edge of the chair and towards her satchel, hair falling in her face as she brushed her fingers inside the bag in search of her quill. When she finally clasped hold of it and turned back towards the table, she noticed the somewhat distant look on Remus's face.

"I wish you would tell me what happened," she whispered, his head snapped towards her as if she had read his mind.

He seemed to almost give in before shaking his head, "It would only make matters worse."

She reached across the table, palm resting on top of his hand that had begun to reach back towards the book from earlier. He took advantage of the moment and wrapped his hand around her's, bringing his chocolate eyes up to meet her blue ones.

"Spill."

"Alright," he stated in frustration after a minute's hesitation, freeing her hand as he sat back, "Alright, but you can't do anything stupid."

"No promises."

He sent her an agitated look before proceeding, "Remember the night that we suddenly stopped talking to Sirius?"

△▽△▽△

Rain fell in drops from the overcast and greying sky and stuck onto the outside of the window in the warm common room. Students piled themselves by threes onto the plush seats in order to make space for everyone since there wasn't much else to do on a rainy day. Low conversations buzzed surprisingly softly from each area of the circular room, only to be broken by the occasional roar of a sore-loser once a game of Wizard's Chess was brought to an end.

Two of the marauders — Peter and James — sat hunched over on a nearby couch, probably discussing some plan that involved trouble. The outcast member of their group maintained a somewhat civil conversation with Lily.

It was then that the peacefulness in the room was broken.

"SIRIUS BLACK!" Freya boomed as she slid through the portrait opening and into the scene. Remus quickly rushed behind her with his fingers pinching the bridge of his nose in obvious frustration.

The redhead turned away from Sirius and sent them a glare, obviously not wanting to use her prefect abilities to scold her friends. Freya ignored this and simply advanced, pushing easily by Lily and alarmingly close to the boy.

"Hi?" Sirius questioned casually, nudging his elbow towards the door as an indication of taking the conversation somewhere private. Freya quickly skimmed the room like a hawk, all the staring faces quickly altering their gaze as she did so. Nonetheless, she agreed that the topic that caused her anger was not appropriate to discuss in front of an audience. She took his extended elbow as her opportunity to wrap a palm around his arm and tug him towards the door to the Marauder's dormitory, the other three boys following quickly behind. The door was already cracked when she arrived, which created quite a fuss.

"Who left the bloody door open?" Sirius questioned dramatically, pointing wildly towards it with his free arm.

Remus groaned from behind, leaning his body against the wall in exhaustion, "Does it matter? Can't we just go in?"

"I don't like the idea of peop —"

He was cut off abruptly by Freya, who still had hold of Sirius with one hand, kicking the door with her foot as hard as she could. It flew fully open, knocking against the wall and trunk that sat inside with a clamorous bang.

"That was uncalled for," James muttered, pushing his glasses up the ridge of his nose and leading the way into their dormitory.

"No, what Sirius did was uncalled for. Merlin knows we all dislike Severus, but that doesn't excuse you to plan something that would result in him becoming hurt," she retorted with closed eyes. Somehow, the darkness that replaced seeing their faces allowed herself to calm the harsh tone that she had taken while speaking to them. Peter slipped through the opening before carefully closing the door behind him.

Sirius sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I went overboard."

James scoffed, "Mate, you led Snape to the entrance of the Shrieking Shack, knowing that there was a fully unaware and uncontrollable werewolf inside. What the hell did you want to happen?"

"I know. Trust me, I know. I did go overboard, but I'm truly sorry. Remus, when I saw your boggart it made me realize just how horrid and selfish the prank really was. I can't apologize enough. You have enough to worry about, I shouldn't add to it —"

"Stop," Remus interrupted, waving his hand at Sirius with an unreadable expression passing over his features, "I know. I know."

"You know what? Punch me," Sirius said flatly.

Freya looked up with parted lips in confusion. Her blue eyes quickly darted from Sirius, who had a look of acceptance and determination on his face, back to Remus, who was actually debating the offer.

"Go on, I deserve it. Punch me."

"That sounds fair," agreed James and Peter. Freya looked utterly flabbergasted.

Finally, Remus rolled his eyes and directed a small, sympathetic smile in Sirius's direction, "I've had enough violence for a lifetime."

"I'm really sorry, Moony," Sirius spoke with an honest tone, "It was a complete dick move. I went too far. I'm sorry."

"It was," Remus agreed and then empathetically added, "But you don't just owe me an apology. As much as you may hate it, you owe Snape one too."

Before Freya could fully register what was unfolding before her, the two boys were exchanging a tight hug — James and Peter eventually joining in as well. A warm and calloused hand wrapped around her wrist and she was tugged towards the four embraced boys, squished in the middle. Confusion filled her as she squirmed her way out a glared at Sirius with a firm grudge.

"What the hell? You all sulk for over a month and then you end it with less than a sentence? You didn't even fully apologize for leading someone to their potential death. That's murder. That was dangerous."

Never had she ever meant to imply that Remus was a murderer, but in her frustration she somehow managed to make it appear that way. She wasn't the only one who seemed to be shocked by the words, the hug dispatched as Remus stared at her, the usual warmth of his coffee brown eyes fading to appear as cold, winter dirt.

"I didn't mean it like that," she whispered with wide eyes following his figure. He retreated across the room and disappeared behind the slammed door.

Her hands covered her eyes and she repeated herself, "I didn't mean it like that."

Someone pried her fingertips away and she looked up to see James staring at her from beneath his spectacles. A look of understanding yet faint disappointment could be read clearly on his face as he coaxed her to calm down.

Freya eventually escaped their judgemental glances and walked to the door, "I've got to explain myself." The sentence that she had repeated in her mind at least ten times was spoken before she turned back to the three boys at the doorframe. Sirius leaned against the wall, giving her and odd look that did not match that of James and Peter's.

"What?"

"Do you fancy him?"

The words caused her foot, which had been placed outside the doorway in an attempt to follow Remus quickly, to sink back into the room. She attempted to clear whatever emotion had appeared momentarily on her face with one of annoyance, "Yeah right, Black."

"Oh come on Frey," Sirius teased. "You had a crush on me a few weeks ago. Crushes happen. I liked you, you liked me, you like Remus."

"I like Lily," James said thoughtfully.

Sometimes being friends with a group of boys really took the words out of Freya. She was constantly caught up wondering if they could possibly say something stupider, or more obnoxiously blunt.

"Sirius, you're embarrassing her," James fake scolded.

She brought the back of her hand up to her cheek. Sure enough, the same warm feeling that her steaming coffee mug brought in the mornings against her hands was what greeted her.

"I get red when I'm frustrated. Which I am. At you both," she excused it with a shrug before vanishing completely as she finally stepped out of the doorway in order to pursue her best friend and repair her horrible mistake.

a/n: I usually update every three days but school is making that harder sorry

THANKS FOR 4K READS !!!! THAT MAKES ME SO HAPPY ₍₍ ◝(●˙꒳˙●)◜ ₎₎

qotd: last movie you watched?

aotd: hercules

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4M 118K 65
[ EDITING] James Potter was a skilled and talented wizard, his name a renowned one amongst Hogwarts students. Many knew him because of...
411K 14.8K 36
⠀ ❝ And in the back of her mind, Katie knew that her words were a lie. Because if her nightmares could creep up into her mind and become her realit...
10.2K 315 37
*** A girl with a scarred brain who wanted nothing more than her brothers to be safe. A boy with scarred skin who wanted nothing more than the girl t...
12.1K 530 26
After taking a months trip to a holiday home near London to celebrate their graduation Sirius Black and James Potter find themselves unaware that the...