Manga × Society

By The_Momther

Manga Society Club is home to the otakus to worship the art created by their favorite mangakas and discuss th... More

The Family Business

43 4 0
By The_Momther

Chapter One

The Family Business

The sakura trees are swaying their petals through the wind and it's a lovely day to be outside.. Well unless you are a complete otaku..

Those people prefer to stay inside..

"Sting!" A voice yelled causing a young blonde teenager to fall out of his bed and flat on his face.

What a perfect start.

Sting Eucliffe, the youngest of the Eucliffe household as well as the only one who wasn't in the overwhelming family business. With a groan, Sting peeled his face off the carpet, "I'm up.." He mumbled sighing.

The first day at a new school was the hardest especially as a second year belonging to a family such as Sting's. Sting belonged to a family of entertainers.

His dad? Manager of a multimillion dollar animation studio.

His mom? International actress and singer.

His older siblings? Well just talking about them gave him a headache. Laxus Dreyar, oldest son of the Eucliffes, a singer in a highly successful band by the name of , Π Thunder Legion Π.

Then there was Lucy Heartfilia, his sister. His enemy, by the simple fact that they still lived together. She is the well known Seiyuu for many extremely successful animes and was currently trying to launch her singing career.

And who was Sting?

Just your everyday otaku who stayed up all night reading his favorite manga and blogging about the former, the day before school started.

With his favorite opening from his current obsession anime playing, he forced himself to get off the floor, get ready and force on the uniform for Magnolia Academy, his new school.

"Did you stay up all night reading-"

Sting cut his sister off bitterly. "Yes. How could I not? If anything happened to Kakashi I would not be able to leave my house." The older one laughed and rolled her eyes.

"You and your Kakashi obsession. Do you even like the other characters?" At that question, Sting nearly tossed a plate at her head.

"Did you really just ask me that? Of course I do! But Kakashi is the best." He stated matter-o-factly much to Lucy's amusment.

"Maybe I'll met his sei-" The younger blonde cut his sister off again nearly tackling her in a hug.

"Cheney-sensei?!"

"He's like the same age as you.. Why are you calling him Sensei..?.."

"Because he is a gift from God! I can't just call him Cheney-san or Rogue-kun or.."

"..Sting..," Lucy sighed at the love struck brother of hers, "you're drooling.." She snickered behind her palm.

His parents shook their heads. "Sting, you should get to school." His dad spoke up which thankfully dragged the hopeless romantic out of his state.

"Oh-.. Ahah.. Righttt.." The flushed teen grabbed a tangerine and headed swiftly out the door and to his new school.

Peeling the fruit, he ate quietly when he bumped into someone sending the food flying. "Ngh-.. Great.." He groaned when he landed on his backside harshly.

He glanced up at a boy with pink hair and green eyes. His hair was held back with a clip before the fall and now his bangs were in his face.

He was..

He was.. Cute..

He let out a bright and vibrant laugh. "I'm so sorry. I was in a rush! You okay?"

Sting was in a daze.

"Yo...?.." The tan boy with pink hair waved a hand in front of the blonde's face. "Anybody home? Did I break you..?.."

Sting jolted when their faces were inches apart and his own flushed red. "H-huh?... Wh-why the hell are you so close..?.." He backpedaled away quickly, face still on fire.

The pink haired boy was confused as he stood up putting his hand in his pocket. "Huh? Cause you were zoned out. Give me your hand." He smiled brightly and held out one hand his order to pull the male up.

Sting nervously accepted the hand. "T-thank you.." He grumbled but the older male only shot him a toothy grin in return.

"Don't mention it, I'm Natsu. You go to my school huh?"

While it was true they were wearing the same uniform, Natsu's looked like it had just been thrown on. The tie loosened, shirt untucked, his pants were even wrinkled down to the bottom!

'He looks so unprepared..How could be be older than me?'

"M-mhm.. Yeah I'm Sting." The blonde felt awkward around Natsu. He had ran into one of his upperclassmen and though Natsu was nice, it was still a discomfort.

After the strange yet welcoming meeting they both found themselves rushing to school. Natsu offered to buy Sting lunch even.

"Don't worry about the entrance ceremony! It's too many people for them to notice-"

"Dragneel!"

Natsu and Sting both winced for different reasons.

'What the hell is with this guy?!'

"Haha.. Good morning, Gramps.." Natsu looked rather tense but he spoke so calmly it pissed Sting off even more.

'Don't try to be casual, idiot!'

Makarov Dreyar, the principal of the school and grandfather to Sting's older brother Laxus, smiled at the blonde.

"Sting, I see you've met Natsu.. How unfortunate.." The old man shook his head

"Oi!" The pink haired boy yelled in protest.

Sting laughed, "Yeah he's not so bad, Gramps."

Sometimes he didn't mind situations like this, at least he knew two people now. Though it did get annoying to always be known or liked for your family. He really hoped Natsu wasn't like that.

"Gramps, I can make sure Natsu-san is never late again." He spoke charmingly, Sting may be the black sheep in the talent department of his family but he was rather dependable. Which Makarov knew.

With a nod, Makarov let them go.

'That was sort of anticlimactic..' Sting let out a sigh.

"Oi, why does Gramps trust ya so much?" Natsu wondered out loud as they were heading down the halls, apparently Natsu didn't care about being late to class either.

"Hm? He's kind of like my grandfather.. We're not blood related obviously.." Sting hesitated before continuing, cautious of if he should tell him the whole truth.

'What's the worst that could happen?'

"My brother is actually the one he's related to and-"

"Natsu! There you are!" A girl with white hair stormed towards them.

'Thank God..'

Natsu tried to hide behind Sting but the girl grabbed the male by the ear.

"Ow-! Ow! L-lis- Lisanna!"

Sting watched in confusion and horror as the smaller girl dragged his new friend away.

'Well I may have been saved from telling Natsu but now I have to tell my whole class.. Though I'm sure some super fans already know.'

With a sigh, Sting looked for his classroom. This was the most dreaded part of starting any new school.

Sting always had to stand in front of the class and explain his family because people wanted to hear it the second they heard his last name.

They were all so obsessed with all of it. The Dreyars, Heartfilias and Eucliffes making one super powerhouse family when in reality that's not how it went.

Sting's dad and mom , Weisslogia and Layla were high school sweethearts but they fell apart and eventually got married to different people. Weisslogia adopted Laxus after his first wife passed away and Laxus' parents past. Around the same time, Lucy's father died.

A year later Layla and Weisslogia were getting more successful and they met again and fell back in love, eventually leading to marriage causing Laxus and Lucy to be step siblings.

Some more time passed and Layla got pregnant making Sting the first and only child to be created by Weisslogia and Layla themselves.

But of course, he wouldn't be able to say all that so when he entered and was asked to introduce himself all he said was his name and that he was happy to meet everyone.

He knew what they wanted to hear but he didn't feel like entertaining them.

'This year is going to be the year of Sting!'

He took his seat by the window, ignoring the glances and tried to focus.

A girl, with black hair and olive skin looked at him. Her hair was in buns on her head and she looked mean. What did he ever do to her?

"Your sister isn't the best seiyuu."

"Ahah.. Pardon?"

"She isn't the best. People need to know that."

Doubt it, Sting could agree with her because he personally considered Rogue Cheney to be the single most amazing seiyuu on the face of the planet. But was she insulting his sister?

Before Sting could open his mouth the girl had turned her attention back to the lesson.

"You'll sit with me at lunch."

Sting jolted. That wasn't a question. It was a command.

"S-sure..?.."

Everyone at his school was crazy. They had to be. They just had to be absolutely demented.

// The End of Chapter One! What's up? As it should be obvious I'm writing this for fun. I'm going to be making fun of classic shoujo & slice of life tropes as well as every other genre in the world of anime. Did you cringe at the window seat scene? I cringed writing it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

992K 61.4K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
441K 30.1K 45
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
9.5M 310K 52
"you're all mine; the hair, the lips, the body, it's all mine." highest previous rankings: - #1 in jimin - #1 in pjm - #1 in btsfanfic cover by: @T...
183K 6.6K 94
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...