Winning the heart of the Tige...

By HeyDenisse

This is the story of Fortuna siblings who both fell in love with the person that they least expect. Find out... More

Introduction
Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: Meeting a new friend
Chapter 3: Meeting a special someone
Chapter 4: Is this a World War?
Chapter 5: The Firsts
Chapter 6: The guy of my dreams
Chapter 7: Revelations
Chapter 8: Let's hear the side of the Tiger
Chapter 9: Hanging out with the Archers
Chapter 10: The war is over
Chapter 11: Gameday Part 1
Chapter 12: Gameday Part 2
Chapter 13: Celebrating with the Tigers
Chapter 14: Captain's thoughts
Chapter 15: I'm Dead!!
Chapter 16: Meet the parents
Chapter 17: Remembering the past
Chapter 18: Sweet Nothings
Chapter 19: The Archer's Confession
Special Chapter: Operation JTeng
Chapter 20: Stay up all night
Chapter 21: I met a Chinese girl
Chapter 22: Boys Talk
Chapter 23: Confrontation
Chapter 24: Found another girlfriend
Chapter 25: Is he into her?
Chapter 26: Who is she?
Chapter 27: Reveal Jana's Identity Project
Chapter 28: Will you go out with me?
Chapter 29: Date101
Chapter 30: Gearing up for Baguio
Chapter 31: Baguio, Here we come!
Chapter 32: The Talks
Chapter 33: What will happen next?
Chapter 34: Aye Aye Captain!
Chapter 35: Cheated
Chapter 36: Learn from the sister
Chapter 37: Who's Who
Chapter 39: My identity and my plan
Chapter 40: To love and back
Chapter 41: Will she survive?
Chapter 42: Making things right
Chapter 43: The truth revealed
Chapter 44: Pain
Chapter 45: The Visits
Chapter 46: True love hurts
Chapter 47: Should I give up or should I keep on chasing her?
Epilogue

Chapter 38: Is she the one?

1.4K 14 4
By HeyDenisse

Chapter 38: Is she the one?

A week after.

As I was about to sleep last night, I suddenly thought of an idea that will help Kuya Teng and Tata to prove that Ate Tanya and Jana are the same. I'm sure this plan of mine is a big help.

Before going to school, I dropped by in Sophie's Mom to buy some cupcakes. I chose Red Velvet because it's Ate Tanya's favorite. If Jana will like this, I'll get another point. Or another coincidental thing, perhaps. When I arrived in school, I went straight to Jana's building to visit and gave her the cupcakes that I bought at the same time.

"Hi Jana!" I greeted while waving my hand at her, "I have something for you! Red velvet cupcakes."

Her eyes widened when she saw the box that I was holding, "Ohmygod Fran! That's my favorite!" she said as she gave me a very tight hug.

I can't hide the happiness on my face when I saw her reaction. My plan is working, I guess. I should probably continue doing this. It's for my brother's sake anyway.

"Thank you for these red velvets, Fran!" she said when I handed her the box of cupcakes.

"No biggie, Jana! I'm glad you liked it!" I replied then I smiled at her, "Sige, I'll go ahead, Jana. I still have a class. Bye!"

"Bye Fran! Thanks again!"

While walking out of their building, I took my phone out of my pocket and sent a message to Kuya Teng and Tata.

To: Kuya Teng; Tata Bautista

My plan is working guys! I gave her red velvets a while ago and she liked it! It's her favorite daw and it's Ate Tanya's favorite, too! :)

Before I can even get out of the building, I felt my phone vibrated, twice. Yes, nabilang ko. Haha.

From: Kuya Teng

Really? Continue doing that, Fran. We're getting there. Konti nalang.

From: Tata Bautista

Teng and I will meet you after your class. We'll show you something. This is important. Malapit na natin ma-prove na iisa sila.

After I read Tata's message, I feel like ditching my classes. I can't wait to see or hear this evidence. But I'm a responsible student, so I chose to attend my classes.

Three hours after, I texted them again.

To: Kuya Teng; Tata Bautista

My classes just ended. Where are you guys?

A minute after, my phone beeped.

From: Kuya Teng

Go to Ate Eva's, Fran. We're waiting for you here.

--

I headed to Ate Eva's and saw the two in front of their laptops at the table by the window.

"Busy na busy tayo ah!" I said as I joined them, "Ano balita?" I asked.

"Ang tagal mo naman!" Tata complained, "Nilangaw na kami ni Teng dito oh!"

"Sorry naman! I had to attend my classes eh!" I replied, "What evidence are you guys going to show me?"

"Here..." Tata said then he showed his laptop to me, "A photo in Jana's friend's blog, posted 6 months ago."

I immediately sat on the chair between Kuya Teng and Tata, and then I focused my whole attention on Tata's laptop. There, I saw a photo- my brother with Ate Tanya, Jana or whoever she is. My brother's arm is around her shoulder and her arm is around my brother's waist. As I stare at the photo, I can conclude that they are happily in love with each other. The sparks in their eyes are the ones who do the talking. I was smiling widely while looking at the two but my smile suddenly faded when I saw the photo's caption, "The sweetest revenge is have yet to come..."

"What does she mean by that?" I asked the two dumbly.

Tata looked at me and shrugged, "I don't know. Pero sa tingin ko, iisa si Tanya at Jana. Kaya siguro siya bumalik dito sa Pilipinas ay para maghiganti dahil sa ginawa ni captain sakanya."

"Exactly!" Kuya Teng replied as he raised his index finger, "So, what's our next plan?"

I scratched my head in frustration, "I don't know what to do anymore!" I shouted.

The students in Ate Eva's all stared at me, all their eyes are asking. Kuya Teng patted my back to calm me down, "Relax, Fran. Iisip tayo ng plan natin."

"I'm really worried about my brother, Kuya Teng. I'm sure he'll get hurt again." I replied, "Bakit kailangan pa niyang maghiganti?"

"Nasaktan siya, Fran." Tata replied, "Normal na ganun ang maramdaman niya."

"I know that she was hurt, pero diba,  forgive and forget dapat not revenge and regret."

"Don't worry, Fran. Everything is under control. I'm sure hindi pa 'yun nakakakilos." Kuya Teng replied, trying to reassure me, "But for now, we need to leave na, may training pa kami."

--

As I was about to leave the place, my phone rang. I took it out of my bag and checked who's calling me and to my surprise, it's Mulawin. Nah, I mean, Kiefer Ravena. It's been a while since the last time that I saw him.

"Hello Mulawin!" I said enthuasiastically.

[Still the same Fran that I know.] he replied, [By the way, where are you?]

"Still here in school. Why?"

[Good! I'm here in front of España gate.]

WHAT?! WHAT DID HE JUST SAY?! ANONG GINAGAWA NI MULAWIN DITO SA USTE?!

"What are you doing here?" I asked him frantically.

[I came here to visit you. Now if you don't mind, pumunta ka na dito. People are staring at me.]

I shook my head, pano hindi siya pagtitinginan? Pumunta ba naman ang Agila sa bahay ng Tigre eh!

"Okay! Just stay where you are. Don't worry, kahit dumugin ka nila hindi ka naman nila papatayin. Not unless you did something wrong to one of the Tigers."

[Whatever! Bilisan mo nalang.]

Wow ha, kung makautos lang siya wagas!

I walked as fast as I could so he won't have to wait for too long. When I am already near the España gate, I suddenly stopped walking. Where exactly in España is he waiting? Ang haba ng España ha! Ugh! You are so stupid, Fran! Why you did not ask him a while ago?! I took my phone out and dialed Kiefer's number.

"Where exactly are you?"I asked as soon as he picked up his phone.

[Wait, saan nga ba 'to?] he replied, I can hear giggles on the other line. Tss. Fangirls.

I scratched the back of my neck, pupunta punta hindi naman pala alam yung lugar na pupuntahan! Bakit hindi siya magtanong sa mga girls sa gilid niya?

"You look around! Then tell me the places that you can see."

[I can see an Andoks store and behind me is the Beato building.]

I tapped my forehead when I heard his answer. Magkabilaang dulo kami ah! Roundtrip ako nito.

"Okay, I'm coming! Just stay there no matter what happen." I said then I hung up the phone.

I went out of school and rode a jeepney bound to Quiapo. Hassle.

--

"Excuse me." I said as I made my way to Kiefer, ang daming tao na nakaharang sa daan ko ah and it seems like they didn't hear or notice me. Ugh! Maldita mode on, "I said excuse me!" I shouted.

And that caught their attention, they all looked at me apologetically, "The photo op is now over, girls." then I looked at Kiefer, "Let's go Kiefer!"

"Hindi ko ba pwede tapusin 'to, Fran?" he asked me, "I mean, onti nalang naman sila eh."

I heaved out a deep sigh, there he goes again! The ever nice Kiefer Ravena. I nodded at him as my answer, "Okay, 10 minutes is enough na siguro."

"Thanks, Fran! You really are the best!" I heard the girl said. Yes, I am the best person ever. At masyado niyong inaabuso.

While watching him and the fangirls, I decided to take a picture and shared it on Instagram.

@FranForts: Guess who's in España right now! The King Eagle @kieferravena15 is in Tigers' den! #IkawNaSikat #ThomasianFangirls Look kuya @jericmarcofortuna! They betrayed you haha. Jk :P

Few minutes after, the fangirls walked towards me and thanked me for allowing Kiefer to have a photo op with them and they left with big smiles on their faces.

"Thanks for waiting for me, Gollum!"

I glared at him, after I waited for him aasarin lang ako, "May bayad ang paghihintay ko, Mulawin! You wasted my time."

"Ano?" he asked as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder, "Dinner?"

"Hmmm... It sounds great!" I replied, "Bilisan mo na! I'm already hungry!"

"Where do you want to eat?" he asked me while we were walking along España.

"Banawe tayo." I replied casually, "Where did you park your car?"

He scratched the back of his neck and smiled awkwardly, "I did not bring my car, Fran."

So nagcommute pa siya papunta dito? A for effort, Kief!

"Aynako! Samahan mo muna ako kay Kuya, I'll borrow his car."

--

When we came in to QPav, all the boys including Coach Pido, stared at us. They all seemed shock to see the King Eagle in the Tigers' Den.

"Bakit nandito ka, Ravena?" Coach Pido asked him, mejo nakakatakot yung boses ni Coach. He's serious.

"Uh... Ah... Coach, ah... Ano po..." Why is he stammering? Coach is just asking him, "Si-sinamahan ko lang po si Fran."

Coach Pido looked at me like he's trying to confirm to me if Kiefer is telling the truth, "Yeah Coach, kakausapin ko lang po si Kuya if pwede po."

Coach Pido looked at his players who are all busy with their shooting, "Fort!" he shouted, "Gusto ka daw makausap ng kapatid mo."

"Thanks po Coach!" I said then I smiled at him.

"Sige, 3 minutes lang ha!" he answered then he went back to his players.

"Bakit?" Kuya asked me while he was walking towards me, "Napadayo ka ata, bro!" he gave Kiefer a fistbump as soon as he came near us.

"Oo nga bro eh, namiss ko 'tong kapatid mo eh." he replied then he winked at me. OMG! Spell eww?! Kuya Aljon's wink is much better than him!

"Whatever Mulawin!" I said annoyingly, "Let me borrow your car, Kuya."

His eyes widened when he heard what I just said, "What? Why?"

I crossed my arms before answering his inquiry, "Kiefer and I will have dinner at Banawe but he did not bring his car. So yeah."

"Sino magda-drive?" he inquired then he shifted his gaze at him, "Kief, I don't allow my sister to drive."

Kiefer smiled genuinely at him and tapped his arm, "Ako na bahala bro, I'll take care of your car and your sister."

Kuya Jeric nodded at him as his reply, "You get my keys in my bag, Fran. And be sure to be back by 7pm, okay?"

"Aye aye captain!"

"Thanks Kuya!"

--

"Hoy Kiefer! Hindi ako patay gutom, okay?" I complained, "Bakit ang dami mong inorder?!"

Kiefer and I went to a Chinese restaurant in Banawe. He ordered A LOT of food like sobrang OA! Good for four na ata yung inorder niya! Hello, dalawa lang kaya kami!"

"I don't want you to get hungry, okay?" he replied, "Just eat all these food."

"As if I have a choice!"

Kiefer and I talked about different stuff. School, personal life and basketball even though I'm not that into sports. He even asked me to watch his game on weekend.

"Fran, can I ask you a question?" he asked, "I hope you don't mind."

I lifted up my head and looked at him, "Yeah, sure!" then I smiled.

"Bakit hindi na kayo lagi magkasama ni Jeron?"

The smile on my face faded when I suddenly thought of Jeron. Oo nga, hindi na kasi siya nagpaparamdam sakin eh. I don't even know what happened to us. We used to hang out on weekends a lot.

I shrugged, "I don't know, Kief. Bigla nalang siya 'di nagparamdam eh."

"Baka naman nagtatampo siya sa'yo." he replied, "Why don't you talk to him?"

Nagtatampo? Why? What did I do? Wala akong maalala.

I leaned back and crossed my arm, "Sige, I'll call him later."

"That's good!"

--

-Jeric Teng's POV-

I couldn't focus on what I've been doing on the court in our training. My mind is occupied with other stuff, something is really bothering me. As Forts' best friend, I want what's best for him and what will make him happy. I know Tanya is the best girl for him and being with her again will surely make him the happiest guy in the world.

"Paps, ano na plano natin?" Tata asked me while we were seated on the bleachers.

I looked on my side to face him, "Hindi ko pa alam paps, pag-iisipan ko muna. Basta ang importante, mejo ilayo muna natin si Forts kay Jana."

"And speaking of Jana..." Tata said while looking at the entrance of the court, "Pano mo ilalayo si Forts kung siya yung lumalapit?"

I heaved out a deep sigh. Paano nga ba? Hayy Jeric, kaya nga hindi ka lumalovelife para wala kang problema, pero ano ngayon? Para kang may dalawang girlfriend at hirap na hirap kang itago! Bakit ba kasi ang gulo ng buhay pag-ibig ng best friend ko?

"I'll think of the best way on how to irradicate her in Forts' life." I replied still looking at Jana who's walking towards our direction, "Hanggat 'di natin sure kung siya ba talaga si Jana, I don't want her to get near him. Dapat muna siyang mawala sa picture."

"Basta i-update mo nalang ako."

"Hi Jana!" I greeted her when she came near us, "What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I came here to visit the team and of course, Forts." she replied, smiling sweetly at me and Tata, "I brought food for everyone. I know you are all hungry after your training."

"You shouldn't--" I did not finish what I wanted to say because Forts called her attention.

"Ikaw lang mag-isa?" he asked her.

"Yeah." she replied simply, "Where are the others? I brought eh."

"Palabas na rin sila." he replied before seating beside me.

When Forts saw her, I noticed the sudden change in his aura. His face lightens up and there's this wide smile on his lips. The smile that I only see when he's in love. Patay! Mukhang tinamaan na ata 'to kay Jana, Tanya or whoever she is.

"Uhh Jana..." I called her attention, "Do you know someone named Jane Ocampo?"

Jane Ocampo is the owner of the blog that Tata discovered earlier. The girl who posted the photo of Forts and Tanya.

"Jane Ocampo? Yeah, she's my friend in La Salle. Why?"

Tata suddenly looked at me. Though we were not uttering any single word, we both know what is running on our minds. There is a huge possibility that Tanya and Jana are the same. We're almost there. C'mon Jeric. Bring the drama on!

"What's with the look, guys?" she asked dumbly.

"Nothing." I replied immediately, "Tata find her cute. That's why I asked. Maybe you can introduce him to her."

"Nakita ko kasi siya sa following mo sa Twitter." Tata backed me up. Thank God na-gets niya agad yung palusot ko at sinakyan. Nice one Tata, mejo nag-iimprove ka!

"So ano--" I did not finish what I wanted to say AGAIN. Forts cuts me off. Wrong timing ka lagi Forts, seriously.

"Jane Ocampo? I think I know her." Forts said while rubbing his forehead with his index and middle finger, "Is she a petite girl? With long hair and mejo chinita."

You described her perfectly, Forts! One thing is for sure, he have met this girl years ago. When I looked at Jana, her reaction is indescribable. One wrong move, Jana.

"No, she's not petite. Mejo chubby siya. She's chinita, though." she replied. I did not expect that you are a liar, Jana. One hell of a beautiful liar. Your acting skill is quite impressive, mejo napapaikot mo si Captain. But NOT US.

Few minutes after, the boys went out of the locker room and we started eating the food that she brought for us. While we were in the middle of chit chatting, someone shouted at the door, "Did we miss something?"

We all looked at the door and we saw Fran and Kiefer standing. Hmmm... Mejo problemado na ko kay Forts pero itong kapatid niya nakuha pang makipagdate kay Ravena oh! Nako, nako Fran! You're dead!

"Come here guys! Kain tayo!" I shouted.

They walked towards our seat and joined us in our boys’ chikahan. I mean, basketball talk.

-End of Jeric Teng's POV-

--

Kiefer joined them in their basketball talk, since I can't relate in their topic I chose to work on my plates while waiting for them.

I've been working on my plate for half an hour already when Kuya Teng sat beside me.

"80% na, Fran." he said casually.

I shifted my gaze at him, "What do you mean?" I asked.

"I asked her a while ago if she know someone named Jane Ocampo and she said yes. Apparently, she's her friend in La Salle." he explained.

I frantically shook my head, "No, no. This can't be happening, Kuya Teng! I won't allow her to hurt my brother again." I said in a very serious tone, "We need to make a move, ASAP!"

"We'll find a perfect time to confront her, Fran." he replied, "Kailangan lang natin ng mabigat na evidence na magpapatunay na tama ang hinala natin."

"Maghahanap ako mamaya sa bahay, Kuya. I'll let you know if may makita ako."

--

-Jeric's POV-

I am really happy because Jana visited me in training today. Before kailangan nandito si Fran bago siya pumunta, pero ngayon nagkukusa na siya. This is a good sign. I think she's comfortable with me already. Well, dapat lang. We've been hanging out for half a month already. I'm just not sure if I do love her or I just like her. There's a huge difference between the two, right? I need time to figure things out. A week more, perhaps.

While we were in the middle of our basketball talk, Teng excused himself and went to Fran's direction. Something's up with these two, nako, nagpa-plan nanaman siguro sila sa operation nila. I'm a bit against with their thing, mejo nawawalan ng privacy si Jana because of them. I need to talk to them, they need to stop. I don't care anymore if she's Jana or Tanya. The important thing is I'm happy whenever I'm with her.

After a very long talk with the boys and Jana, we decided to go home around 9 in the evening. Kiefer and Jana rode with us.

The trip was smooth. I noticed one thing, though. Fran is treating us coldly, except for Kiefer. I don't know what have gotten into her mind that she's being brat again.

When we came in to our house, Fran went straight to her room that I did not get a chance to talk to her. Since I was left with no choice, I just went to my room and flopped myself into my bed.

I was about to sleep when my phone beeped.

From: Jana

Thanks for the ride, Jeric! Btw, I like you :">

-End of Jeric's POV-

--

A/N: Woooh! Finally, after 10 thousand years! Let me know your comments guys and feel free to tweet me @HeyDenisse_. And also, don't forget to vote for this chapter. Thanks guys!

-Aria

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

827K 38.2K 60
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
191M 4.5M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
2.2M 114K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
1.1M 48.1K 94
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC