band au // one shots

By theunderstudyinlove

one shots of cute OTP things c: More

punk x pastel (PETERICK)
scientist x cyborg (BRALLON)
hero x villain (PETERICK)
musician x artist (FRERARD)
paperboy x gambler (PETERICK)
alien x human (JOSHLER/FRERARD)
Engagement AU (PETERICK)
Heathens AU (FRERARD)

patient x patient (FRERARD)

267 9 24
By theunderstudyinlove

It had been about three days since Frank Iero was moved into the cancer unit.

The unit in which Gerard Way stayed.

In fact, the same room of the blunt, crooked-smile man.

Gerard had been quiet the last few days, staring at the ceiling, mapping out each crevice and refusing to eat. It wasn't a change that he wouldn't eat—it was normal, especially on the medication he was on. The chemo had the following effects—lack of appetite, increase of appetite, loss of hair, depression, nausea, and more.

But what was strange was his loss for words, or his lack of social interaction. It wasn't like him—if a nurse came for vitals, he'd throw in a couple jokes, and a lot of times he'd ask about his brother, Mikey.

But not since Frank arrived.

As of now, the sounds of beeping IV's filled the room, the huffs of machines pumping in the air. They hadn't talked since Frank had first arrived, and in all honesty, Gerard didn't want to.

But it wasn't because the man was somehow displeasing—it was the fact that he seemed to have this aura that aesthetically attracted Gerard.

The man was shorter than most, and was covered with tattoos. Sleeves of ink wrapped around his arms, and even extended to his hands. His hair was black and long, unruly and tangled.

Frank was interesting, and Gerard liked that.

But he was afraid of it.

Gerard wouldn't say he was bland, for sure—he was always thinking, calculating, drawing. Admittedly, he had thoughts out of this world.

Not to mention his appearance, with his turned up nose, dwindling red hair, or brown eyes. And he certainly wasn't normal. Not in abled terms, at least.

But though Frank didn't seem at all intimidating, there was this anxiousness that towered over Gerard whenever he thought about approaching him.

Gerard didn't want to rub him the wrong way, to say the least. He wasn't the nicest person.

But he wasn't necessarily mean, was he?

Gerard's mouth twitched subtly. The taste of smoke lingered on his tongue, fingers twisting onto the ghost of a cigar. It'd been exactly two months and twenty-two days since his last breath of tobacco.

He missed the taste of nicotine, suddenly.

Absentmindedly, the man clenched his jaw.

There was nothing to do.

Frank sat on the other side of the curtain, eyes focused on the TV as he played with his IV tube.

They'd locked eyes at least twice in the last three days, and exchanged small smiles before returning to their business.

It was cute, the way the light glinted in his eye, and the way his lips tugged his piercing upward.

Frank was cute.

Adorable.

Gerard sighed, aching for a few words of greeting with the man. He searched his room, feet folded under the sheets of his bed.

A table sat to the side of his bed, a few drawers pushed up against the wall behind him. A sink was placed on his right, along with the doorway leading to the main work place, where the nurses roamed. A bathroom was shared among the two patients, on the other side of the room.

Gerard eyed the table.

There, a couple of blank papers sat, crayons spread about it's surface. Gerard had asked for them a little bit ago, and used them to sketch with.

Maybe, a thought emerged in his mind, and he brought the table so that it hovered over his lap.

He scribbled something down on the paper in blue crayon. His hands then slipped onto it to fold it's edges, and soon, he had a paper airplane.

He grinned. This could work, and certainly didn't need words.

Gerard's eyes quickly scanned the room, eyes focused on the door. He counted to ten, making sure no one would come in.

He then launched it, watching as it flew to the other side of the room. He had dodged the curtain, and a light thump sounded.

He could make out a small, "What the hell?" Before hearing the sound of paper.

A moment of silence passed before he could hear Frank turn in his sheets. This IV moved a bit, tugged by the tubes.

After precisely a minute and eighteen seconds, the plane came back. It landed on the floor, and Gerard stood quickly to grab at it.

You could just say "Hi," you know.

Gerard smiled a bit, and walked toward the curtain in his hospital gown.

Frank crossed his arms, smiling playfully.

"Hello," he waved, exchanging a warm, hazel topped smile.

"Um, Hi. Sorry, about that." Gerard motioned to the paper, standing awkwardly by the curtain.

"It's... Okay," Frank replied, eyes grazed over Gerard. His eyes went to his head, patches of red strands stuck to his scalp.

Gerard blushed, flushed with embarrassment. His hair wasn't the most flattering feature of his, especially now. The chemo had taken effect two weeks ago, and he refused to shave before hand. Sometimes he woke up with his hair gone.

Frank still had his hair, Gerard noticed. He hadn't been here long, so it would've made sense to hold it off.

Gerard instinctively reached a hand up to his head.

Frank caught himself staring, and looked Gerard straight in the eye.

"Sorry! Sorry, that was r-rude. I didn't mean—"

"It's fine, really. You kinda get used to it," Gerard dismissed the sad expression on Frank's face, clearly still sorry. "And besides, I normally come back with some slick burns to ableist people." He finished. Frank still looked on with sad eyes.

Gerard hated that look of pity.

Frank cleared his throat.

"I-I'm sorry. Um, what was your name again?" His eyes turned to the board which revealed the names of the patients.

"Ge-Gerard Way? That's cool. Fits nice on the tongue."

At that, Gerard blushed. The sound of his name on Frank's lips sounded nice. It only took a few seconds before he realized that the man was oddly attractive.

"Thank you," Gerard answered, taking a step back. His IV tubes were starting to pull on his skin.

"Um, wanna join?" Frank motioned to the TV, eyes wide and bright.

Damn, he was cute.

"Sure. Just, hold on a sec," said Gerard, as he approached his IV. He unplugged the machine, wrapping the cords around the pole. He walked gingerly toward Frank's side of the room, and looked at him.

"Can I sit?" He asked.

Frank smiled, nodding. "Of course."

He moved his feet, making room for Gerard.

Gerard placed his IV close, making himself comfortable as he sat, legs cross-crossed.

-
Okay so that kinda sucked.

Anyway, thanks for reading! This was kinda a one shot, and all of these will be unedited so yeah.

Don't forget to rate! And sorry for that weird cut off? Yeah XD

Bye, love y'all

xx kyra

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Writhe By shaky

Fanfiction

331K 1.1K 12
Fem! band members oneshots, endless kinks.
21.3K 519 45
- warning!! Cringey UwU - •Smuts •one shots •mini fanfics •fluffs •Sad stories/oneshots
29.7K 945 29
Mix of random one shots. Some smut, some crack, some cute. Mostly weird stuff that just kinda......happened. Includes Oreos, trees, and Rays hair in...
26.4K 1.1K 24
Deaf au *COMPLETED* -don't forget to vote and comment!- start: 2016.4.16 finish: 2016.6.7