You Are Not My Enemy

By WingedLiner

"I'm Akane Hyakuya by the way." The girl was trailing behind me for some reason. I looked back at her and she... More

Chapter 1: Seasons
Chapter 2: "Meet me in two nights"
Chapter 4: "It's fucking snowing."

Chapter 3: My Last Glance

690 24 2
By WingedLiner

"You are not my enemy " is a fanfiction based on the Manga and anime Owari no Seraph (Seraph of the end). The plot and characters all belong to the original owner. I just own the OC ( Aki Nokorimasu ) and the heart wrenching scenarios that occur in this fic.

[[If you haven't read or watched Owari no Seraph, this is gonna be confusing as hell, so make sure you've read or watched it first.]]

Chapter 3: My Last Glance

I can't do it.

I might've told Mikaela I'd meet him but now I'm not so sure. Escape vampire city? What guarantee do we have that the virus won't affect us 12 year olds since we're so close to the age of 13? What if we encounter a vampire during the escape?

There are so many questions I want to ask the Hyakuya family but I haven't seen them since I had dinner with them a day ago. Today is supposed to be our last day in vampire city, and I'm still not sure whether I'm through with this plan.

It was almost 6 in the evening when I decided to go take a walk. I needed to clear my mind before I went to tell Akane about all this. I'm sure she knows and she'll be able to answer my questions. I walked to the bridge that overlooked the entire vampire city. If I crossed that bridge, I'd be in the territory of the nobles. It made me shudder just thinking about those big, stone-faced and privileged blood suckers. Monsters.

A cold wind blew through my hair and I wondered again,

Is it snowing in our world? Is it snowing outside?

"It's a nice view, isn't it?"

Mika was coming from the other side of the bridge, strolling towards me. I narrowed my eyes.

"What were you doing in the territory of the nobles?" I asked him, ignoring his question.

"Just taking care of things. What are you doing here?" Mika talked very calmly. He looked really calm too, as if he was satisfied for once and for all. He also looked a bit better, his blond hair dancing in the cool breeze and his eyes were content.

"I actually came for a walk, but now that you're here I need to talk to you." I told him. He nodded and I continued.

"There are dozens of vampires out at night, even if the map you have takes us through tunnels it's still not safe. There are 5 year olds with us, Mika-kun, this is not a foolproof plan." I finished, out of breath.

Mika smiled, which I thought was very odd by the way. Where does this guy get the idea that our situation is funny?

"You don't trust me." He stated. I avoided his gaze for a moment.

"You said you'd stop." I said, quietly. "But you didn't. I don't know what to think of you anymore. Are you just using your family to get out? Are you going to give me up to the vampires in exchange for that freedom? I'll never know. I don't know you, Mikaela."

Mika's hand shot to his collar, trying to hide the recent wound in his neck. His eyes were disoriented for a moment, like I'd caught him. That just made me doubt him more. Who is he? He's just a 12 year old like me. And I don't always make the best decisions.

"I'm not what you think I am Kori-chan, I'll let you prove me wrong." Mika said, taking a step forward. But I had already made my mind not to go. No matter how much I wanted to be free of this hell-hole, I can't just act on a whim and make a foolish mistake.

"I'm not going Mika. Tell Akane-chan and Yuu-kun I'm sorry." I told him, determination clear on my face. Mika's disappointed face did not faze me and I turned to walk back to my house. My rubble.

"Just look at the map one more time, Kori-chan. At least trust me on this." Mika called from behind me. Idiot, he's lucky no vampires are around. What if they heard him?

"Shut up. Let's get out of here." I whisper yelled to him. He scurried over.

"Oh sorry. I forgot." He murmured. And then smiled sheepishly at me. For the first time since I met him, I was utterly disgusted. Angry, I pushed him with both my hands.

"You think this is a joke."

Push

"You think this is a game."

Push

"You think you can save everyone."

Push

"You...you are sick, Mika-kun. You need help."

He was looking at the ground. I was panting due to all the force I had applied, Mika was too. But he had grasped both my hands, stopping me from pushing him any further.

"Help.. That's what you need." I said venomously. Mika looked up, his eyes were angry. Blue, but angry.

"Then, help us escape."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had left him there; he made me lose my mind. I wanted to go meet Akane, Yuu and the kids one last time but I didn't want to face Mika again. It was 11.30pm and getting colder by the minute. I huddled into the scrappy covers I had and tried to go to sleep, but I just couldn't stop thinking about their escape plan. It was pointless to worry since I barely knew them, I shouldn't be even thinking about them. I avoided making friends in the vampire city, normally I was a very friendly child but I'm not a child anymore. 

The kids here were either too annoying or too naïve. I only talked to them when I needed to, like if I needed food or clothes. Akane was in the naïve category, Yuu was just an enthusiastic guy with a big mouth and Mika, well, he was a bit disturbing. Sweet and Sour.

I groaned as I found myself thinking about them again. I turned over in my bed and checked the time, it was past midnight. My heart did a mini jump. I quickly reached under my bed and took out the map Mika gave me.

"Just look at the map one more time, Kori-chan. At least trust me on this."

I scanned the map, there were directions to some tunnels. Mika had written on the map, some small notes like, "take alley on the left." "go under the pipes from here." "2 guards, keep watch."

And then right near the exit, he'd written with his neat little writing

"Follow the snow trail."

My breath hitched in my throat, Mika had clearly scouted out the exit. And the fact that he saw snow means that the exit might be real. 

Follow the snow trial to our world.

I left my bed. I took what little belongings I had and made a run for it.

 Now, or never.

The map was really clear, it took me just over an hour to get near the exit. I just had to climb a big staircase now. I didn't see one vampire on my way except the two guards Mika mentioned in the map. I felt silly for not believing him in the first place but I guess it couldn't be helped. My ascend on the staircase was eerily quiet, even the wind was tamed. My heart started to beat irregularly, the pace increasing with every step I took towards the exit.

But my heart stopped when I climbed the last stair.

A battlefield.

That's the only way I can describe the scene in front of me. A frozen battlefield. Dead soldiers. Dead people. Dead bodies. Dead...friends.

The smell of blood was really strong. I moved my legs, they began to walk. They dropped me near a still Akane, her mouth open and eyes closed. Her hair had come loose from her braid. A huge sob escaped my lips but I didn't cry. I couldn't. Something near the exit moved, a body. My legs moved again, but then stopped mid-way when I saw who it was.

Mika was struggling, one of his arms was ripped off and he was nearly dead due to the blood loss. My legs couldn't move, I crawled to him on all fours.The scraping of my knees was clearly audible. Another sob escaped my lips, it was getting harder to breathe. Mika's head snapped to me, his eyes suddenly widening.

"What..what happened..? Who did this, Mika..?" I asked him between sobs. Would he be able to answer? Could he even hear me? His clothes were thoroughly soaked with his own blood. His eyes were filled to the brim with tears. A warm tear dropped onto his face, it was mine.

"Go, go now. I..can't move. Please..help Yuu-chan." He barely whispered. I suddenly realized Yuu was nowhere to be seen. So, he'd escaped? Alive?

"No.. Yuu couldn't ever leave you. Mika, Mika wake up." I said as he started to close his eyes. I took him by his arm and tried to move to the exit, he pushed me away with all the force he could muster.

"Go.. Yuu-chan is alone. Please. The..snow.. follow the.." He coughed up blood. I couldn't take it anymore, I started to cry and babble incoherent things. Mika pushed me again and I stood up, and slowly backed away to the exit. Mika looked at me and gave me a small smile. I started to choke up.

Mika closed his eyes.

There was gun nearby, I took it.

And I ran to the snow.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I know i shouldn't say this but, I really like this chapter. Let me know what you think. This was the promised update.

i hope I'm keeping the pace OK. I'm really paranoid about that. Well..

Comment & Vote

I'll update in a day or two so don't give up on me just yet, this story just started.

// media //

the picspam for this chapter is by modernistic.

She successfully captured the anguish in this chapter, I love it.

Young Mika was more sweet than sour though, hmm.

My recent cover is by -umaruun. Thankyou for your amazing editing. Ferid would be proud.

-lilchitoge

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
9.1K 340 21
TCF one shot's every chapter~ Please! The cover photo isn't mine if anyone knows the artist please let me know so that I can put on the credits!
676K 33.4K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, a powerful d...
3.1K 134 29
Hiccup and Elsa are back, fighting for their love. but when Merida and her family comes everything changes. and a long lost secret is revealed. read...