Death Is My BFF (Book 1 Origi...

By katrocks247

Watty Award Winner 2011) *ORIGINAL SERIES* This is the first book of the Original Death Is My BFF Series, whi... More

DEATH IS MY BFF IS NOW PUBLISHED!!!
All Rights Reserved
Deathly Prologue
Chapter 1: The Garbage Can Smasher
Chapter 2: Death By Pumpkin Patch
Chapter 3: The Sweatshirt Thief
Chapter 4: Death By Costume
Chapter 5: Death By Taco
Chapter 6: Death By Party
Chapter 7: Let Me Just Get My Floaties
Chapter 8: Death By Group Discussion
Chapter 9: Hide And Go Death
Chapter 10: Clown On The Prowl
Chapter 11: Death By Clown
Chapter 12: A New Start...And Apartment
Chapter 13: Waiting And Waiting
Chapter 14: Twenty Questions
Chapter 15: Day One: Getting the Boss A Sandwhich
Chapter 16: Yeah Right! This Was Like My First Day In Hell....o How Are You?
Chapter 17: Death By Egg Roll
Chapter 18: Taunting Grimmy
Chapter 19: Strawberry Milk
Chapter 20: Death By Pizza Guy
Chapter 22: Eenie Meenie Minie...
Chapter 23: Death By Fun House
Chapter 24: Death By Fun House~ Part 2
Chapter 25: A Deathly Drive Home
Chapter 26: Night Job
Chapter 27: Unexpected And Unprepared
Chapter 28: A Bossy Temper Tantrum
Chapter 29: Death By Changing Room
Chapter 30: I Glow In The Dark
Chapter 31: Creepy...Crawlers
Chapter 32: A Death Note
Chapter 33: Don't Mess With The Cloak
Chapter 34: Killing Between The Lines
Chapter 35: Mood Killer
Chapter 36: His Cloak Is His Only Saving Grace
Chapter 37: Death By Dream
Chapter 38: Attack of The Copy Machine
Chapter 39: Mr. Acrimony
Chapter 40: Peek A Boo! I See....
Chapter 41: D.D.R- Death Dance Revolution
Chapter 42: Hidden Image
Chapter 43: Death By Spicy Salsa
Chapter 44: Faithy-Poo Is Stuck Like Glue
Chapter 45: The Auspicious One In The Family
Chapter 46: Cruentus
Chapter 47: Distorted Reflection
Watty Awards-- Until Next time
Deathly Epilogue
WANT MORE DEATH IS MY BFF???
DIMBFF Series Order
Death by Message

Chapter 21: Watching My Every Move

392K 13.6K 9K
By katrocks247

~Lmfao I love this song and it relates to the book awesomely. :))))

~You hope for sun I want rain~It's been watching you, your slips and slurs and play with words.~They all swim while I drown. ~You won't be living for long so just fly with me, die with me babe.

I arrived at the Devin & Son building promptly at nine thirty.

There’s nothing better than Mondays...accept every other day in the week. But for some reason I find myself in the best mood. Yesterday was spent setting up all of my lamps, and putting away the rest of my clothes. Marcy and I got posters for our rooms, and new comforters and pillows. We even went clothes shopping. I didn’t let the hooded man ruin my weekend. Hell, maybe if I ignore him he will go away.

I came through the waiting room doors on the eightieth floor, with a huge smile on my face. “Good morning Carol,” I told her happily, and adjusted my pink blouse.

She looked up at her computer in shock, “Good morning Faith. You know you’re a fifteen minutes early right?”

“Yes, well I’m usually late so he should be—“My eyes locked on a couple, situated in the waiting chairs. Then I noticed the heavy bald man, and then the skinny lady with really curly hair. I smiled at them, and then turned back to Carol, “Are those his clients? Is he late or something?” I whispered.

“I don’t know I’ll check again.” She quickly picked up the phone and dialed a number. Her grey haired head stilled, as if she is listening to something. I frowned, and she put a finger up. “I’m not sure if he’s in there honey, he’s not answering his phone. If he’s not in there come back here and wait, because he doesn’t like it when people alone in his office.”

Why the heck is he not here? “Sure, no problem I’ll go check.”

I turned and opened the door to the office hallway, and my heels echoed the expensive wooden floors. My heart started to thud as I put my hand on the door knob, and pulled it open slowly.

As soon as I saw the man on the couch, I let out an exasperated sigh, and shut the door quietly. David is draped on top of the couch, face down in his work outfit. I sauntered over, and quickly poked his back. When his body stayed still, I started to freak out and poked him harder.

"Please don’t be dead!" I whispered. He moved his head to the side shifting positions and let out a soft groan. His brown hair looks shorter as if he got a haircut, and is curled at the ends. He has dark stubble on his face, and I notice now that his eyelashes are extremely long.

It’s really just another reason to hate my Boss; he God given eye lashes.

I kneeled to the floor and tapped him again, “David? You need to get up,” I told him quietly, and moved his leg. My eyes roamed over his face, and locked on the interesting jagged black tattoo that wraps around the left side of his face. I reached out to touch it, to the point that my fingers hovered over it.

David’s body twitched away from me, “Don’t do that,” he hissed.

I removed my hand from his face in disgust, “Sorry I didn’t mean to—whatever. You have to get up though you have—“

“--run faster!” He yelled into the black pillow, making me jump. He then wacked the floor with his hand a few times, “take that.”

Ugh, he’s sleep talking. I need to wake him up before I hear some dirty things. “David, wake the hell up!” I shook him violently, and he slapped my thigh. I muttered a curse at how hard he hit it, “never getting here early again,” I bit out, and pulled at his soft curls.

“No,” he protested, and I instantly let go. He rolled over onto his back, pulled my on top of him, and hugged me to his chest. His eyes still closed. What’s creepy is his face is facing directly towards me. I felt his hand stroke my hair, “Sleepy time,” he soothed, and squeezed my head to his chest, like a quarterback holding a football.

There’s no way he’s really sleeping!

I moved my head against his muscled chest to look up at him. His strong grasp on my head stopped that from happening, “David!” I got out, between his tight hold. My nose started to itch violently, and I tried to reach it. Of course my scratching hand found its way under his warm back. “Now would be the time to get up!” I muffled into his detergent smelling shirt. He let out a soft snore, signaling he is still sleeping.

My wiggled my nose from the continuing itch I have, and closed my eyes. Pressure began to build from my nose, becoming uncomfortable, “A-choo!” I sneezed, luckily avoiding my Boss.

The man jerked awake, and sat up. Of course he pushed me off of him in the process. But don't worry, I just hit the unforgiving carpeted floor. Damn rich people buying stiff carpets.

His narrowed eyes roamed the dark room, and then landed on me. I picked myself up from the carpet, with a scowl on my face. My eyes roamed over his dark frame, and covered my mouth suppressing a giggle. His hair in the back is sticking straight up; defying gravity. His face melted into confusion, as I continued to laugh into my hand, “What?” he questioned angrily.

“Oh nothing,” I stated bluntly, as I stood up and adjusted my new white skirt further down my legs. David’s eyes stayed narrowed in a darkly manner, because he is probably still wondering why I was laughing at him. I patted my hair down at the top, signaling his hair is sticking up.

“Oh.” His face became blank, as he reached up and brushed it down. David then leaned forward on his elbows, and rubbed his eyes in a tired manner. “I must have fallen asleep.”

“No duh,” I replied sarcastically, “remind me never to wake you up. You mumble in your sleep, and then attack me.”

“Don’t really care. What’s the time?” David stood up, and fixed his tie.

I hurried to the clock on his desk, “Nine fifteen. There’s people waiting for you in the—“

“--they can’t wait longer,” he interrupted sourly His eyes are half-way closed, and he blinked as if he isn’t fully awake. He motioned with a hand for something, “Coffee,” he demanded, his voice raspy.

I followed him for a few steps, cautiously keeping my distance from this sleep deprived man. “Already on your desk, are you ok? You look kind of out of it.” When he didn’t answer, I decided to speak my mind. “I’ve been meaning to ask you something. What exactly happened to you the night that those two people came; the practically bald man and the woman with the yellow eyes? You know, when you had a massive tantrum, tore at the buttons on your shirt, and started babbling incoherent things. I’m just wondering.”

He scratched his head and rolled his shoulders as if he is uncomfortable, “I’m too tired to talk, and my back is killing me.” I watched his expensive shoes drag on the floor to his desk. “I was up all night, for the second day in a row. Yesterday was in particular a bad day for me, since I was dumped by the side of the road,” he explained.

But the way he said it, he almost sounded as if he actually did get dumped on the side of the road. He must be talking about his girlfriend breaking up with him Poor guy, I kind of feel bad for him now. His long fingers wrapped around the black mug, and took a long gulp of his piping hot coffee while glancing at the clock on his desk.

My eyes widened, because I know the liquid is like lava seeping down his throat. “Isn’t that hot?” I blurted. His face stayed blank, and he tilted his head up get the last drips of the liquid.

He moved the cup away from his mouth, “Not hotter than me,” he replied dryly.

“Modest are we?” I fired at him, ready to mingle with my Boss. Why not, it’s not like I have anything else to do around here. And the pay check I receive every week will last me a few months if he fires me out of anger.

The mug banged it down on the table, and abruptly turned to me with a sly smile on his face, “Got here pretty early I see. I’m slightly impressed.”

I blushed, and fiddled with my pink blouse, “Thank you I really did try and impress you—“

“—I said slightly,” his husky voice pointed out.

“I’m sorry?” I questioned, and crossed my arms over my chest, “I didn’t have to wake you up you know. I was being nice and saving your ass.”

He frowned and walked around his desk, making a show of plopping down into his chair. A loud sigh escaped his lips, and he lay back lazily on the large chair as if it is a cloud. His eyes closed, and his face became relaxed. “Bring in my first client, Faith. I’m done talking to you.”

“You can say please.”

“No.”

I threw my hands up, and let them slap down on my sides. “Whatever David, sorry your girlfriend dumped you. I really see no reason for her to do so, since you’re so easy going and all,” I muttered sarcastically, as I walked to the door.

I thought I heard a deep snicker, which seemed to follow me as I left his office.

*****************************************************************************

As I situated deeper into my chair, I couldn’t help but smile. Even though my Boss was in a bad mood, I still managed a smile.

The feeling of falling backwards woke me up with a squeek. The chair stayed leaned back, and I looked up at a familiar face. “I was going to throw something at your face, but I figured just hearing my voice would wake you up,” a deep voice growled, “how wrong was I. May I say, you’re almost worse than me at getting up.”

I tried to sit up, and realized the chair is still tilted. My eyes danced to his right arm, which is supporting all 145 pounds of me so I don’t tip backwards and injure myself. I kept my grip on the arm rests, and looked up at his brown eyes. He modern black glasses on, that completely go with his whole ‘I’m-a-billionare-who-is-your-boss-and-can-do-anything-I-want-with-you’ look. “Hey David, if you don’t mind. Can you let go?” I asked sweetly.

“Nope,” he replied, giving the ‘p’ a nice pop, “you didn’t say the magic word.”

“Please.”

“That wasn’t it. Well since you said please.” He lifted my chair up quickly, bringing my head forward. I saved myself with my hands, from hitting the desk.

“Thanks for that,” I growled,

He leaned on the wooden desk, his side to me. His dark hair fell in his eyes as he played with his tie, “If you can follow me into my office, I would like to ask you something,” he told me mysteriously, side eying me with his warm brown eyes.

My eyebrows creased together, “Whatever it is, you can tell me here.”

He laughed, shaking his head at my bravery, “Then I guess you won’t know.” He took the papers off of the desk, straightened his posture, and leisurely walked to the leave.

When his hand touched the doorknob I moved back the chair, “Tell me!”

He dramatically flipped his hair, and put his chin to his chest, “Step into my office and maybe I will.”

I crossed my arms over my chest, “I’m not giving in. I don’t like your mood. It’s too on and off.”

He rolled his eyes and made a show of dragging his hands around the glass window of the room I’m in, giving me a wink, and then slamming the door to his office.

I stayed in the office where he left me, with my hand on the doorknob.

My gaze is locked on his door through the office window, waiting for him to open it and go ‘Aha! I knew you would follow me!’ He wouldn’t do that, he would most likely throw a stapler at me. I bit my lip, and pulled the door open quietly, and helping it close gently. My heels tiptoed to his door, and I leaned an ear on it. I should get some juicy gossip from this room.

The door suddenly opened, and I stumbled on my heels. A tall figure took long strides to his desk, and then sat down facing away from me. I closed the door and reluctantly walked in. David slowly turned around with his hands together like a prayer, and a grin on his face. “Welcome to my lair, Miss Williams.”

I rolled my eyes, “Just tell me what you want.”

He motioned to the chair in front of him, and I put my head back, “Ugh.” My butt plopped onto the cold leather, “Just tell me what you want,” I repeated.

David’s brown eyes ignited in amusement for a moment, and then became serious. He sat up, and fixed his tie. “Since you’re new here, you didn’t get the memo. But this Saturday Devin’s renting out a local Carnival from four to eleven at night. He does it only once in a while, but it’s mainly for the end of summer.”

“And…?” I trailed.

He shifted uncomfortably, “And I wanted to know if you wanted to go.”

I smoothed down my skirt, “Well—“

“—you get a day off from work,” he pointed out, “its pretty fun, there’s going to be a show with acrobats, and food. Some rides maybe," David stopped talking, cleared his throat, and looked down at his feet, "If don’t want to go I completely understand.”

I scooted back in the chair, and crossed my left leg over my right for the third time. I focused out the afternoon-lit scenery, and thought about it. I put my hands on my thighs slowly stood up, “Hell no.”

David stood up too, puffing his chest up in the process, “Can I ask why?”

I shook my head, “I don’t do Carnivals. I don’t like them, never did,” I snapped.

He put his head down a little, “Is it me isn’t it?” he asked quietly, playing with the golden paperweight on his desk.

I sighed, “No, it’s not you—“

“—go home. You can go home now,” David snapped, and sat back into his chair. He rubbed his eyes with his fingers, showing how tired he is, “I need some sleep, I don’t want you here.” I can tell he’s trying to hide how hurt he is. Was he asking me on a date? How old is he anyways like ninety?

“You look around twenty five. But how old are you really?” I blurted, just to get my heart racing. That was a rude way to ask. He looked up in shock, at the random question.

“Why?”

“It might help your chances of me going to the Carnival.” I tucked my hair behind my ear.

“Just turned twenty-one,” he answered slowly, as if I’m crazy.

I pursed my lips, “You look older than that.”

“Thanks,” he said dryly.

I groaned, “I didn’t mean it like that! You’re handsome… but not really cute. Like most of the guys I know. “

“You think I’m hot,” he dragged out throatily, and moved his glasses to the perch of his nose, “It’s ok, the ladies dig a man in suit and tie.”

I blushed until my cheeks felt like they would burn off. “No, I don’t dig you. In fact I don’t dig anyone as arrogant as you,” I shot, “you really have a baby face I totally lied about that handsome part.”

These lies never end!

“Nah, I don’t believe you. You do watch me with that weird look sometimes; when you think I’m not watching.”

My eyes widened, “What weird look? And that was really creepy, plus you’re getting off subject. You really take a punch at my self esteem sometimes! You said my hair looked like a rats nest the other day. Not something a girl wants to hear.”

“Well it was a rat’s nest.”

I pouted, “It’s called curling your hair! You hurt my feelings!”

He chuckled, “Listen babe, I’m not Dr. Phil. Go to the Carnival, eat some food, go on some rides, maybe it might make your self esteem feel better. I am who I am; I told you I have moods before I even hired you.”

I flipped my hair off of my neck, trying to get cool. Hopefully he doesn’t realize that I’m on fire right now from embarrassment. “You know what? Fine, I will go to this damn Carnival. But know this David; I’m leaving your office.”

He shrugged, “Ok, but its best not to let the door hit you on the ass,” he suggested, implying he could care less if I stay or leave. His lips lifted into a sly grin, but he kept his eyes on the paper in front of him. I turned around in frustration, and headed towards the exit.

When I pulled open the door, I pretended I didn’t see in the corner of my eye a dark shadow standing against the wall, in the shape of a man.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.3K 713 95
Character award winner 2017 #14 in death and life #1 in fatality 20-5-18 Katrina Montana Third place Protagonist Karly Montana First Place Antagoni...
5.7M 220K 22
Dear Reader, It hadn't hit me right away, many things, but especially the fact that I was about to turn twenty years old. It was as if it was just ye...
3.2K 429 51
*Book 1 of the Dark Wing Collective Series*- COMPLETED Rieka Stephens is a seasoned detective. She's been through many cases, but none like the one s...
352K 19K 71
~Alpha Awards 2023 Winner~ Wattpad official Werewolf page Visena Sage knows two things for sure. Her name, and that she's part Faery. After waking...